elij

CR1 expedited and is in U.S embassy in London

7 posts in this topic

I am probably being impatient but knowing my husband can be deployed at any moment is stretching my nerves. I'd like to know roughly how long to expect to wait to receive an interview date from the embassy? If any of you have experiences with the expediting process, I'd like to hear your experiences. Thank you im advance!

Edited by elij

I am probably being impatient but knowing my husband can be deployed at any moment is stretching my nerves. I'd like to know roughly how long to expect to wait to receive an interview date from the embassy? If any of you have experiences with the expediting process, I'd like to hear your experiences. Thank you im advance!

Have you submitted the online visa application, had a medical exam, and submitted London's Readiness for Interview form?

Have you notified the embassy in writing with documentation of his orders to request an embassy expedite? I recall others doing that in London, even though expedited at a previous location.

Have you used the online contact form to remind them your application, readiness form, and medical are done and you have an approved expedite?

Just trying to figure out if they are waiting on something from you.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Have you submitted the online visa application, had a medical exam, and submitted London's Readiness for Interview form?

Have you notified the embassy in writing with documentation of his orders to request an embassy expedite? I recall others doing that in London, even though expedited at a previous location.

Have you used the online contact form to remind them your application, readiness form, and medical are done and you have an approved expedite?

Just trying to figure out if they are waiting on something from you.

No I haven't, should I have done so? I was informed via the ceac website to waiy for an interview letter with details on it and could book my medical before hand...I wasn't told about a form, only that because I was expedited all forms and fees that were supposed to go to the NVC should be handed in the day of the interview. I have tried to call and email through their site but I can never get through to a person or get a response, how do I forward them his orders?

I am so lost and confused, I appreciate your help Nick

Also, I was never given a readiness form, my status on the ceac site switched to ready for interview the day the embassy got it on the 31st

In general people processing at London (K1s and CR1 doing DCF) follow similar steps.

I've done a K1 guide to London that would have some good info also applicable to you...same but different, if you will.

Different:

You do DS-260 (not DS-160) visa application

You do I-864 (not I-134) affidavit of support

You scedule courier online after you get a date assigned (same) but you do not pay online in advance as K1s are instructed. Pay at the embassy.

Same:

Medical exam post 3 in guide. Phone number, location, questionnaire, clinic website will help you.

Most of Post 4, keeping in mind your forms are DS-260 and I-864 and wedding date tip doesn't apply.

Document list (birth certificate, police cert, etc) to bring to interview link in guide.

What happens on interview day.

Checking CEAC

Here's the K1 guide http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/ with some plain talk and tips about what happens that will give you some info

Here's some links on the London Embassy website with info for you

http://london.usembassy.gov/ivprocess.html (general)

Your instructions http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

Your forms to submit online are in the right column of that page, so don't miss that. You have to click "read more" to get to the readiness for interview form. Poorly designed because a lot of people don't click read more.

In your readiness form, there is a place to put planned date of travel. I don't know if it will accept text, but instead of a date try to put "military expedite".

I hope that helps you find your way. There's nothing written exactly to an expedite case but following the K visa and DCF visas (which process all forms with the embassy and take all documents to the interview) should help you grasp the concept. Generally the forms (2) and medical results have to be received before they will assign an interview.

This is the ONLY way to effectively contact the embassy--online form http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Choose this reason: My inquiry concerns immigrant visas and is not covered by information on your website

I would use the contact form once you have submitted the forms and attended the medical so you can say you were expedited and why, and you have done your part (forms/medical) and need them to schedule your Interview ASAP please.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

In general people processing at London (K1s and CR1 doing DCF) follow similar steps.

I've done a K1 guide to London that would have some good info also applicable to you...same but different, if you will.

Different:

You do DS-260 (not DS-160) visa application

You do I-864 (not I-134) affidavit of support

You scedule courier online after you get a date assigned (same) but you do not pay online in advance as K1s are instructed. Pay at the embassy.

Same:

Medical exam post 3 in guide. Phone number, location, questionnaire, clinic website will help you.

Most of Post 4, keeping in mind your forms are DS-260 and I-864 and wedding date tip doesn't apply.

Document list (birth certificate, police cert, etc) to bring to interview link in guide.

What happens on interview day.

Checking CEAC

Here's the K1 guide http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/ with some plain talk and tips about what happens that will give you some info

Here's some links on the London Embassy website with info for you

http://london.usembassy.gov/ivprocess.html (general)

Your instructions http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

Your forms to submit online are in the right column of that page, so don't miss that. You have to click "read more" to get to the readiness for interview form. Poorly designed because a lot of people don't click read more.

In your readiness form, there is a place to put planned date of travel. I don't know if it will accept text, but instead of a date try to put "military expedite".

I hope that helps you find your way. There's nothing written exactly to an expedite case but following the K visa and DCF visas (which process all forms with the embassy and take all documents to the interview) should help you grasp the concept. Generally the forms (2) and medical results have to be received before they will assign an interview.

This is the ONLY way to effectively contact the embassy--online form http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Choose this reason: My inquiry concerns immigrant visas and is not covered by information on your website

I would use the contact form once you have submitted the forms and attended the medical so you can say you were expedited and why, and you have done your part (forms/medical) and need them to schedule your Interview ASAP please.

Thank you sooo much!!

The nvc submitted our expedited cr1 to London on the 31st and notified me through email saying it had been accepted for expeditious processing at the embassy so they should...should...honour that. I asked if I needed to do anything 4 times and they said no just wait to hear from London and hand the aos and ds260 in there with the documents and fees. If I hadn't of read your reply I would still be sat here dumb founded. I found my ds260 available online and completed that the 9th, I booked my medical for 14th (this monday) I submitted a readiness form stating military expedite, i have sent a first class letter to the embassy three days ago with a cover letter, his orders, and our response from nvc stating it was accepted for expedite processing at the embassy in London....is there anything to your knowledge that I am missing that may delay receiving an interview date? I am greatful for your thread, it was very very useful.

Edited by elij

P.s in your guide it says " DOS will know your interview date once it has been assigned. You may call them and ask the date. It is a good idea to check with them because London has sent out late letters or no letters in the past."

Do you think they'd have assigned an interview date to me? If so, how do I contact dos? My case is different to most. When I submitted my ds260 and readiness form, my ceac status was updated the next day, it still said "ready" but it stated the last update was 10th, before it was 31st which is the day my petition arrived at the embassy (tracked through dhl).

Thank you once again, you're brilliant!

P.s in your guide it says " DOS will know your interview date once it has been assigned. You may call them and ask the date. It is a good idea to check with them because London has sent out late letters or no letters in the past."

Do you think they'd have assigned an interview date to me? If so, how do I contact dos? My case is different to most. When I submitted my ds260 and readiness form, my ceac status was updated the next day, it still said "ready" but it stated the last update was 10th, before it was 31st which is the day my petition arrived at the embassy (tracked through dhl).

Thank you once again, you're brilliant!

I think you have covered all the extras toward insuring that London knows you have an expedite and you have done everything to let them know you are ready. They can't approve your visa until they see the medical results so I don't know if in your case they would go ahead and assign an Interview date assuming the medical results will arrive, OR if they will wait until they get them in hand.

CEAC status of "ready" kinda means nothing and pretty much says ready from the time they receive the case until it changes to issued.

DOS no longer gives visa dates and info. They quit that since the guide was posted and a correction is added later in the guide. It's NVC that has given that info since then but they sometimes say they don't and to call your embassy. You can't call London. They do not give visa info by phone calls. Tell NVC it is impossible with London because their former visa line was disabled last fall. Press hard for a Tier 2 person at NVC to try to get info from.

And assuming your medical results will arrive at the embassy by Thurs or Fri, use the contact form after then to ask if you have an interview, emphasizing that your forms and medical results are at the embassy and you have an expedite. Say you are available on short notice (if you are). Some have gotten an email to be there the next day or day after. Contact form- http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html Tick the reason "not covered by the website".

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.