33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! You are such a beautiful couple thanks for sharing your story with us <3

Texas Service Centre

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

02/14/13: Got Married

USCIS

10/16/13: i-130 Sent

10/25/13: NOA1

03/05/14: NOA2

NVC

03/11/14: NVC Received Case

04/10/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned

04/15/14: 4:07 PM: Received email from NVC that AOS Fee was ready to be paid

04/15/14: 4:28 PM: Received email from NVC containing Case number and IIN

04/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed

04/15/14: AOS Fee Available and Paid

04/18/14: AOS Fee Shows PAID

04/18/14: EP ENROLL Email Sent (Received AutoReply)

04/21/14: IV Fee Invoiced

04/22/14: 4:23 PM: Received email from NVC that IV Fee was ready to be paid

04/24/14: IV Fee Available and Paid

04/25/14: IV Fee Withdrawn From Bank Account

05/02/14: IV Fee still "In Process" called NVC for supervisor to fix it

05/07/14: IV Fee Shows PAID

05/07/14: DS-260 Available and Completed

05/21/14: 10:29 AM: EP ENROLL Acceptance Email Received

05/28/14: AOS Package Emailed to NVC (Received AutoReply)

xx/xx/14: IV Package Emailed to NVC

xx/xx/14: Case Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview Scheduled

xx/xx/14: Schedule Medical

xx/xx/14: NVC Shipped Case to Consulate

xx/xx/14: Medical Complete

xx/xx/14: Interview at Consulate

xx/xx/14: Visa in Hand

xx/xx/14: POE

That's wonderful, congratulations! And you explained it all really well...thank you! Best of luck and happiness in the U.S. :goofy:

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

MY CR1 INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Didn’t sleep that much the night before my interview because I was nervous and excited at the same time (I kept reviewing all the documents to make sure I don’t forget anything). I think I fell asleep before 12midnight.. then woke up at 3:30AM, so you can just imagine how sleepy and unwilling I was to get out of bed. Haha. Anyways, my brother and I got ready, and we headed out to the US Embassy a lil past 5AM.

When we arrived, a lady directed me to the line for Immigrant Visa applicants. I started waiting in line at about 5:30AM; it was still pretty dark, but there were a lot of people already. Finally, at 6:20AM, they called the IV applicants scheduled for 6:30AM (myself included) and had us form into two lines. At the first check, you need to present your passport (if your passport has a cover, take it off before your turn at the line coz they’ll need to put a sticker at the back) and appointment letter. They will also put your passport inside a plastic packet (I don’t know what it’s called.. Lol). At about 6:40AM we were then directed inside and you’ll need to go through security check. NO GADGETS, FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED. Inside, the first thing you’ll see are the 3 windows where you’ll need to present your passport and appointment letter again. Each window can have a line of up to 10 people, so you can choose which line to follow. I fell in line for Window 3, and got my number: 6160. I was instructed to go to Window 39; I didn’t know where it was, so I just followed my group and realized that it was inside the actual embassy.. Haha. We went through security check again, and a lady took our appointment letters with our numbers on it. We were then asked to wait outside at the IV and K applicants area for our number to flash on screen.

It was 7AM when I sat down with the other IV and K applicants to wait for my number. At 8:10AM, my number flashed on screen for finger-scanning, and I was called to Window 42. I had to go through security check again because I had two bags with me (my shoulder bag and paper bag with all my docs in it) and went straight for my assigned window. The agent was a white guy in maybe his forties. He asked me to state my full name and birthday, then he had me put my first four fingers on my left hand on the green light scanner, then my first four fingers on my right hand, then both my thumbs at the same time. He then told me to wait for my number to be called again.

At this point I was already feeling very, very sleepy, so I opted to buy a Gatorade and some candies. There’s a small stall inside that sells those, right in the middle of the waiting area, so you can get something to eat or drink while you wait.

I got called in for my first interview at 9:30AM, and was directed to Window 52. The interviewer was a nice Filipino lady. She asked me for my passport, then asked me the following questions:

· What is your full name?

· Who is your petitioner?

· What is your petitioner’s name?

· Were you married before?

· Was he married before?

· When and how did you meet?

· Have you been to any other country other than the US? (This was asked to me coz I had an internship in the US before)

· How long were you in the US?

· What did you do there?

· Who is Paul Wilson? (My father-in-law)

· Have they sent you their 2013 taxes? (No)

· Deborah Wilson is your mother-in-law?

· When did you become a couple?

· Is he still a missionary?

· Of what religion?

· Are you a Mormon too?

· What does he do now?

· How many times did he come back here after his mission?

· When was his last visit?

· Is this mobile number still active?

· Is your email ___________@gmail.com still active?

· Is your husband’s email______________@yahoo.com still active?

· Is this your home address?

· Can I see pictures of you together?

I gave her the photo album I brought, and she looked over a few pages, then said “Okay, that’s all I need, you can sit down and wait for your number to be called again.” So I did, and luckily, I got a seat inside the embassy itself, so I don’t have to go through security check again. Haha.

After what seemed like hours and hours of waiting (it just felt longer because I was already hungry and sleepy), I finally got called for my final interview at 10:55AM. I was nervous because I couldn’t see the face of my interviewer from where I was sitting, and I was dreading getting a strict male interviewer. When I finally approached my assigned window (Window 60), I was surprised to see a SUPER GORGEOUS american woman who could very well be a dead-ringer for Daiana Menezes. Plus, she was wearing a very casual, spaghetti-strapped top (I didn’t know if it was a dress, or just a top) and some colorful accessories, so I relaxed a little. Hehe. She instructed me to raise my right hand while reading the oath that’s on the right side of the window. After that, she asked me these questions:

· How did you meet? (I told her how I just came back from the US when I met my husband, who was then serving a mission here in the Philippines for our church)

· You’re a Mormon too? (Yes, since birth.)

I relaxed even more when she laughed and said our story is really unusual and cute, because I met my soon-to-be American husband here in the Philippines right after getting back from a 1-year internship in the US. She asked me more questions:

· Have you lived or worked in any other country besides the US?

· Paul Wilson is your ----?

· Deborah Wilson is your -----?

Then she asked me to place the first four fingers of my right hand on the scanner, and said “Alrighty, I think that’s all I need, you can go sit and wait for your number to be called.” I was surprised at how short our interview was, so I asked her “That’s it? Does that mean I’m approved?” She smiled and said “Yes!” I was so happy so I broke into a huge smile and thanked her. I proceeded to the Releasing Area, and after a few minutes, my number was called again. The guy behind the window was Filipino. He checked my files and wrote something on a page, then gave me back my appointment letter with my interview number on it. Since I opted for pickup at SM MOA, I didn’t have to fill out a delivery form. I exited the building and met my brother who patiently waited for almost 6 hours for me outside of the embassy.

So, there you go, my visa interview experience. ^_^ The best tips I can give to those who are about to have their interview are to remain calm, confident and when you’re talking to the consul, just smile and be yourself. And of course, don’t forget to pray to Heavenly Father for guidance. Goodluck! ^_^

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So, there you go, my visa interview experience. ^_^ The best tips I can give to those who are about to have their interview are to remain calm, confident and when you’re talking to the consul, just smile and be yourself. And of course, don’t forget to pray to Heavenly Father for guidance. Goodluck! ^_^

Loved your story. May God bless you two.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story (great detail, too)!

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Congrats! and Thanks for sharing your interview experience at least I have an idea now, my interview is coming up soon, I'am really getting nervous thinking about it:) yes prayer is the best weapon we can have all the time. God Bless Us ALL.

Edited by Virgogirl518

11/17/1998- Received first love letter from Bob (my husband now) we wrote love letters back and forth for almost 2years.

09/2/2000- First meeting in person.

09/26/2000- We got married.

01/2/2001- We both left for South Korea working at public school as an English Teacher.

08/20/2005- I came home to pursue my University Degree in Business at University of San Carlos Cebu City Philippines (USC)

10/25/2009- Got my Degree.

10/26/2009- Went back to South Korea working again.

06/12/2012- Bob officially retired.

06/14/2012- Bye bye South Korea, Welcome home Philippines.

06/22/2012- Bob and I officially owns our houses and lot in the Philippines.

08/24/2013- Sent spouse petition to USCIS.

09/26/2013- USPS notify us that our package has been received by the USCIS.

09/13/2013- Received NOA1 hard copy from USCIS.

09/13/2013- Patiently waiting for our NOA2.

12/3/ 2013 -transfered to NVC from USCIS

1/17/2014 - still no news from NVC

3/8/2014- NVC Invoice arrived paid the same day:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There can never be too many well-wishers, so I add my 'Congratulations!' as well:)

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow... Congratulations!! Hopefully me too.. Good Luck to your journey and God Bless you even more :innocent:

I-K1 III-ROC

02/14/2014 - I-129f Sent 02/--/2018 - I-751 Mail

02/27/2014 - NOA1

04/22/2014 - NOA2 Approved

05/13/2014 - Shipped to NVC

05/17/2014 - NVC received

06/13/2014 - Pay Non-immigrant Visa

(St.Lukes Medical Center)

08/12/2014 - MEDICAL!!! Under Sputum

08/26-27-28/2014-Dates of Collection

10/30/2014 - Immunization

(USEM)

11/12/2014 - Interview Approved!!!

11/14/2014 - Issued

11/19/2014 - Visa in Hand!

12/01/2014 - CFO

12/21/2014 - Enter USA (LAX)

02/27/2015 - Married

II-AOS

03/27/2015 - AOS Sent

06/29/2015 - Biometrics

04/16/2016 - Received NOA1 and RFE!! Incomplete I-693!

04/20/2016 - Medical Result Sent

04/22/2016 - Received Packaged from USCIS

05/06/2016 - APPROVED!!!!! (No Interview applied)

06/09/2016 - Green Card arrived!!!

Praying and Waiting :innocent:

Filed: Timeline

MY CR1 INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Didn’t sleep that much the night before my interview because I was nervous and excited at the same time (I kept reviewing all the documents to make sure I don’t forget anything). I think I fell asleep before 12midnight.. then woke up at 3:30AM, so you can just imagine how sleepy and unwilling I was to get out of bed. Haha. Anyways, my brother and I got ready, and we headed out to the US Embassy a lil past 5AM.

When we arrived, a lady directed me to the line for Immigrant Visa applicants. I started waiting in line at about 5:30AM; it was still pretty dark, but there were a lot of people already. Finally, at 6:20AM, they called the IV applicants scheduled for 6:30AM (myself included) and had us form into two lines. At the first check, you need to present your passport (if your passport has a cover, take it off before your turn at the line coz they’ll need to put a sticker at the back) and appointment letter. They will also put your passport inside a plastic packet (I don’t know what it’s called.. Lol). At about 6:40AM we were then directed inside and you’ll need to go through security check. NO GADGETS, FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED. Inside, the first thing you’ll see are the 3 windows where you’ll need to present your passport and appointment letter again. Each window can have a line of up to 10 people, so you can choose which line to follow. I fell in line for Window 3, and got my number: 6160. I was instructed to go to Window 39; I didn’t know where it was, so I just followed my group and realized that it was inside the actual embassy.. Haha. We went through security check again, and a lady took our appointment letters with our numbers on it. We were then asked to wait outside at the IV and K applicants area for our number to flash on screen.

It was 7AM when I sat down with the other IV and K applicants to wait for my number. At 8:10AM, my number flashed on screen for finger-scanning, and I was called to Window 42. I had to go through security check again because I had two bags with me (my shoulder bag and paper bag with all my docs in it) and went straight for my assigned window. The agent was a white guy in maybe his forties. He asked me to state my full name and birthday, then he had me put my first four fingers on my left hand on the green light scanner, then my first four fingers on my right hand, then both my thumbs at the same time. He then told me to wait for my number to be called again.

At this point I was already feeling very, very sleepy, so I opted to buy a Gatorade and some candies. There’s a small stall inside that sells those, right in the middle of the waiting area, so you can get something to eat or drink while you wait.

I got called in for my first interview at 9:30AM, and was directed to Window 52. The interviewer was a nice Filipino lady. She asked me for my passport, then asked me the following questions:

· What is your full name?

· What is your petitioner’s name?

· Were you married before?

· Was he married before?

· When and how did you meet?

· Have you been to any other country other than the US? (This was asked to me coz I had an internship in the US before)

· How long were you in the US?

· What did you do there?

· Who is Paul Wilson? (My father-in-law)

· Have they sent you their 2013 taxes? (No)

· Deborah Wilson is your mother-in-law?

· When did you become a couple?

· Is he still a missionary?

· Of what religion?

· Are you a Mormon too?

· What does he do now?

· How many times did he come back here after his mission?

· When was his last visit?

· Is this mobile number still active?

· Is your email ___________@gmail.com still active?

· Is your husband’s email______________@yahoo.com still active?

· Is this your home address?

· Can I see pictures of you together?

I gave her the photo album I brought, and she looked over a few pages, then said “Okay, that’s all I need, you can sit down and wait for your number to be called again.” So I did, and luckily, I got a seat inside the embassy itself, so I don’t have to go through security check again. Haha.

After what seemed like hours and hours of waiting (it just felt longer because I was already hungry and sleepy), I finally got called for my final interview at 10:55AM. I was nervous because I couldn’t see the face of my interviewer from where I was sitting, and I was dreading getting a strict male interviewer. When I finally approached my assigned window (Window 60), I was surprised to see a SUPER GORGEOUS american woman who could very well be a dead-ringer for Daiana Menezes. Plus, she was wearing a very casual, spaghetti-strapped top (I didn’t know if it was a dress, or just a top) and some colorful accessories, so I relaxed a little. Hehe. She instructed me to raise my right hand while reading the oath that’s on the right side of the window. After that, she asked me these questions:

· How did you meet? (I told her how I just came back from the US when I met my husband, who was then serving a mission here in the Philippines for our church)

· You’re a Mormon too? (Yes, since birth.)

I relaxed even more when she laughed and said our story is really unusual and cute, because I met my soon-to-be American husband here in the Philippines right after getting back from a 1-year internship in the US. She asked me more questions:

· Have you lived or worked in any other country besides the US?

· Paul Wilson is your ----?

· Deborah Wilson is your -----?

Then she asked me to place the first four fingers of my right hand on the scanner, and said “Alrighty, I think that’s all I need, you can go sit and wait for your number to be called.” I was surprised at how short our interview was, so I asked her “That’s it? Does that mean I’m approved?” She smiled and said “Yes!” I was so happy so I broke into a huge smile and thanked her. I proceeded to the Releasing Area, and after a few minutes, my number was called again. The guy behind the window was Filipino. He checked my files and wrote something on a page, then gave me back my appointment letter with my interview number on it. Since I opted for pickup at SM MOA, I didn’t have to fill out a delivery form. I exited the building and met my brother who patiently waited for almost 6 hours for me outside of the embassy.

can I ask how long did you wait for your visa to arrive at your address after interview?

December 21, 2011 - Got Married in the Philippines

December 21, 2012 - Went back in the Philippines for first anniversary.

USCIS

June 11, 2013 - I-130 sent

June 17, 2013 - NOA1

November 21, 2013 - Case was transferred to Nebraska Service Center

December 5, 2013 - I-130 approved via email

December 9, 2013 - receive hard copy of NOA2

receive email that case was shipped to NVC

NVC

January 6, 2014 - NVC received the case ( no case number yet )

January 29, 2014 - Receive case number, invoice and beneficiary ID number

February 7, 2014 - DS261 available online and submitted

February 10, 2014 - received an email regarding AOS processing fee bill invoice

February 10, 2014 - was able to pay AOS online

Februay 12, 2014 - AOS showed PAID on line/ AOS package sent ( one day delivery)

February 13, 2014 - NVC received the package

February 18, 2014 - AOS was entered in the system

February 24, 2014 - received an email to pay IV fee, paid IV fee, IV fee in process

February 27, 2014 - DS-260 available online, completed and filed up. IV package sent (one day delivery)

February 28, 2014 - IV package received at the "dock"

March 4, 2014 - IV package was entered to the system

March 7, 2014 - Received a checklist for AOS (GGGGRRRRRR!!!!)

March 10, 2014 - Respond to the checklist ( sent package via UPS)

March 11, 2014 - Package received @ the dock

March 19, 2014 - IV package and DS260 approved (via phone call)

March 27, 2014 - Case Completed ( called NVC 2X just to make sure, now waiting to be forwarded to Manila Embassy Yehey!!!)

Embassy

March 26, 2014 - Early Medical (No problem however hubby needs to go back to St Luke's for the vaccinations once his renewed passport arrived )

MAY 6, 2014 - Interview @ 0615 (APPROVED!!!!)

May 9, 2014 - visa picked up from to go

May 9, 2014 - Booked flight for hubby

May 11, 2014 - Hubby's Flight from Philippines to USA (yahoo!!!! 2 more days!!! I will be with him forever!!!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Thanks for sharing & congratulations!

USCUS

08/26/13 - NOA1

02/19/14 - Transfer to CSC

02/27/14 - Approved

NVC

03/12/14 - NVC received

04/15/14 - Case number, IIN and BIN assigned
04/16/14 - DS-261 submitted
04/17/14 - Received email to pay AOS fee. available and paid (in process)
04/22/14 - AOS fee shows "PAID"
04/21/14 - AOS packets sent
04/24/14 - Received email to pay IV fee
04/25/14 - IV fee available and paid (in process)
04/28/14 - IV packets sent
04/29/14 - IV shows "PAID", DS-260 available
04/30/14 - DS-260 submitted
05/15/14 - Checklist for AOS (By email)
05/22/14 - AOS checklist scanned in system(wait 30 days...)
06/23/14 - Case Complete!
07/24/14 - Interview (Rescheduled from 8/21) APPROVED!
Waiting they fix the system...
08/22/14 - FINALLY GOT "ISSUED" !!
POE:09/07/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.