Broken2019

K-1 Visa was denied today

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The guard told my fiancé on 1/28 b4 he went in for his interview... to beware of this white American guy that don't hardly give out visas that you got to be bold with him. My fiancé ended up with this guy.

Really sorry this happened to you. But can you answer some questions. I know you are tired but you are asking and this may help pinpoint so you can be better prepared. The K1 is dead nothing you can do about that now. Maybe marry and file a I-130.

Can I ask do you have a big age gap (you the woman) being at least 10 years or more older than he?

Have you been married before?

Do you have children from previous marriage/ relationship?

Any other red flags you have?

How many times you visit face to face up to the interview?

For how long face to face visit?

Did you meet online?

Yes they can deny on their feeling. The whole approval, denial is their feeling opinion. I mean evidence can be manufactured. Pictures can be Photoshopped. So a CO goes by one evidence maybe field investigations (they might have done that in your case). Ask you fiance' anyone being asking around to his friends and family. And they will always have local people you really would never know.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

His interview was 1/28/14 he got the first RFE. Then 2/28 they call and asked for another RFE...

then he was called on last Friday to come for final results. He went today and was denied

We been dating since june 30 2012

RFEs are issued when your evidence seems incomplete or not convincing enough. it is a chance for you to submit more/stronger evidence of your relationship. what were you asked to submit the first RFE? what about the second RFE? if he got denied, it could have been because what you submitted was not sufficient or not accurate. when you respond to an RFE it is to close the doubt of uscis and to give them no more reason to ask for more. think about it.

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: Other Timeline

Im the female which im 11 yrs older.....we gave them copies of more messages, wedding gown receipt, wedding plans receipt, letters from friends/family, I wrote a letter of the evolution of our relationship, he wrote an evolution of our relationship,tons of pics of us together in different events, pics with family/friends, passport copy,flight ticket copy. But still not convincing

Never married with 2 teenagers.....one in college and other in 11th grade. Only visited him once bc of my job plus it's very expensive to travel to Africa. We did everything that was required. Ij dont understand.....but its done with so now we must move on.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

CO's have the discretion to refuse to issue the visa because they "feel" it is not a bona fide relationship.Yes, it is very unfair. They are required

to have a good reason to deny and should not "re adjudicate" an approved petition, but in all actuality they also refuse to issue on personal bias, gut feelings, speculation and assumptions and not just for valid factual reasons.
By RFE I guess you mean a request for 'more relationship evidence to proof bona fide'.

We were refused after 16 months in AP with additional 12# of relationship evidence. I asked the CO what the problem is and what her

fact based evidence is and she replied "I have a gut feeling."

Sooo, yesterday's hot chilli can be the reason they refuse and the feeling in their gut is just that, a feeling....a suspicion.

One red flag could be that a cousin introduced you. Often family members in high fraud countries have "introduced" extended family

members as a means to get them here. If I had a penny for every time I was asked do I know anyone to introduce them to

in the USA..... those intentions are fraud plain and simple.
Some Embassies don't like any of these kind introductions through a family member and think they aren't genuine.

Women older than their fiance and past child bearing age is also a red flag as are short and infrequent visits and quick

engagements after only a short period of knowing each other. Know your flags and address them.

They will return your petition and it will expire, you may or may not receive a formal letter of petition expiration after 6 months.

If you want to fight you can give it one good try through a senator/congressman and ask for another interview.
Highly unlikely that this will be successful but worth a shot. You have to get on that yesterday, once they ship the petition back to

USCIC via NVC it will be too late.

Best thing is to marry and file a CR1 or re file a K1. Keep in mind that a future K1 can also be returned, however if a CR1 is returned

then you have a chance to rebut and get reaffirmed, CR1's don't expire like K1's.

You must get more visits in for face to face time as proof that you are sincere. You are dealing with Cameroon, not a European country

and everything will get highly scrutinized. Make sure there is no obstacle that you have overlooked or it will be waiting for you next time around

again.

Good luck. I know the feeling, been there, done that, have the T-shirt and sometimes wear the hat.

We met June 30th 2012 through his cousin

Not in your favor but can be overcome.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

CO's have the discretion to refuse to issue the visa because they "feel" it is not a bona fide relationship.Yes, it is very unfair. They are required

to have a good reason to deny and should not "re adjudicate" an approved petition, but in all actuality they also refuse to issue on personal bias, gut feelings, speculation and assumptions and not just for valid factual reasons.

By RFE I guess you mean a request for 'more relationship evidence to proof bona fide'.

We were refused after 16 months in AP with additional 12# of relationship evidence. I asked the CO what the problem is and what her

fact based evidence is and she replied "I have a gut feeling."

Sooo, yesterday's hot chilli can be the reason they refuse and the feeling in their gut is just that, a feeling....a suspicion.

One red flag could be that a cousin introduced you. Often family members in high fraud countries have "introduced" extended family

members as a means to get them here. If I had a penny for every time I was asked do I know anyone to introduce them to

in the USA..... those intentions are fraud plain and simple.

Some Embassies don't like any of these kind introductions through a family member and think they aren't genuine.

Women older than their fiance and past child bearing age is also a red flag as are short and infrequent visits and quick

engagements after only a short period of knowing each other. Know your flags and address them.

They will return your petition and it will expire, you may or may not receive a formal letter of petition expiration after 6 months.

If you want to fight you can give it one good try through a senator/congressman and ask for another interview.

Highly unlikely that this will be successful but worth a shot. You have to get on that yesterday, once they ship the petition back to

USCIC via NVC it will be too late.

Best thing is to marry and file a CR1 or re file a K1. Keep in mind that a future K1 can also be returned, however if a CR1 is returned

then you have a chance to rebut and get reaffirmed, CR1's don't expire like K1's.

You must get more visits in for face to face time as proof that you are sincere. You are dealing with Cameroon, not a European country

and everything will get highly scrutinized. Make sure there is no obstacle that you have overlooked or it will be waiting for you next time around

again.

Good luck. I know the feeling, been there, done that, have the T-shirt and sometimes wear the hat.

Not in your favor but can be overcome.

Thanks for the information appreciate the concerns

I came to my friends house and she was on skype with my fiance and this is how we met I saw him and asked who he was. She just introduced us and we(my fiance) exchanged fb information and started talking from there. His cousin didn't even know we started talking every day until weeks later. She was shocked and didn't know that we had became serious after months talking

The OP is a K-1 visa filer. As K-1 visa filers, we don't have to provide co-mingle's proof as you have mentioned or such. Most of times, a consular officer will scrutinize whether is a real relationship or just immigration purpose by asking applicants proofs like an engagement invitation, phone records, wired money, wedding plan, affidavit from family or friends, or etc. Different consulate/embassy will ask different things, and more proofs when some countries fall into category, "high fraud countries".

The OP is a K-1 visa filer. As K-1 visa filers, we don't have to provide co-mingle's proof as you have mentioned or such. Most of times, a consular officer will scrutinize whether is a real relationship or just immigration purpose by asking applicants proofs like an engagement invitation, phone records, wired money, wedding plan, affidavit from family or friends, or etc. Different consulate/embassy will ask different things, and more proofs when some countries fall into category, "high fraud countries".

Sorry did not realize that was the difference between IR1 and K1. I hope your case works out. I just got visas in hand today, it took 600 plus days, 2 RFE's and a whole lot of paperwork. Best of luck to you my friend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.