Worried_joel

Not getting my Biometric

38 posts in this topic

Yup waived as in they told me that I don't have to do it anymore :) My citizenship was fast I filed January 2012 and took my oath just after 3 months - April 2012. If they reply to you and tells you that you don't need to have your FP taken then don't worry about it. It means your prints are still valid .

January 18, 2012 - N400 sent

Biometrics waived

April 25, 2012 - interview/ same day oath ... officially a US Citizen!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

That is weird. Why is everyone doing their biometric and not me? Anyway, I have not received any calls or replies from them saying I am waived. But I really hope I am being waived for my print. it's has been 2-1/2 months since I received my receipt number on the 1/24/14. I asked my lawyer and they said nothing can be done except wait! #######!!! sigh...I really hope they can get back to me with an answer. Thanks Dukester!

Timeline

I wonder if there will be update on my case status ONLINE if they had sent me a biometric letter? Anyone can help me? Or it will be just the first notice on initial review in which I first received on the first receipt number?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Worried_Joel

Call again and ask to speak to the Tier 2 officer and request to look deeper into your case. Here's my experience.

For myself- Priority date was 1/8/14. Did not get biometric, so placed service request on 2/24. No response, so called again on 3/26 and asked to speak to Tier 2. He looked into my case, said nothing has been scheduled and that he would place a service request too. Finally, on 4/4, I received my biometric notice with appointment on 4/14. This letter was dated 3/28.

For my husband - priority date 1/8/14. No biometric received. Called on 2/24, and placed a service request like me. No response to this, so called on 3/25 and spoke to Tier 2 officer. She looked into his file and said no letter has been sent and that she would place his file 'in queue' as it was outside 'normal biometric time'. Today, 4/9, he called again, having received nothing. This time, the tier 2 officer looked into his file and said a letter had been sent out 1/31/14!!! After the back and forth about not having received it and no one else mentioning it, the officer said he would fax the letter to my husband and that my husband could walk-in to a ASC to get his prints taken (hopefully, that would work). Otherwise, the second option is to open another service request asking to reschedule FP.

So much chaos!

So, this feedback is for you, worried_joel, and all other filers who have not received their biometrics.

Timeline

I called only last Friday 4/4/14 talking to that Tier2 officer.He said wait for 2 weeks and someone is going to reply me. I don't they are going to reply me somehow. Do you recommend me to call them again this week or next?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Wait for 2 weeks since your last talk. But if you happen to speak again, definitely request them to look into your file deeper, in case something was sent but did not reach you.

Timeline

I wonder why are they so screw up?? Different tier 2 officers can check your file with different outcome? That is so weird and so not professional.

They told me to wait for 2 weeks, but I called after a week and learned that my bio letter was sent, which I got it now.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Timeline

Princess did they update your online status too? When you check online? I will call again tomorrow.

What is a yellow letter Princess?

Princess did they update your online status too? When you check online? I will call again tomorrow.

Nope. I did not get the notification from the website or texts though I subscribed to it.

The yellow letter is basically just a reminder to bring my driver's licence during my interview because I did not include a copy in my packet submission.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I check my online status almost everyday, and when they mailed the bio appt it did change. It said on March 7th we mailed you a letter to appear for biometrics etc etc

I didn't get an automated email about this update though, I had to go in and check manually.

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Called today and they said they have mailed something out to me on the APR 15 which was last Tuesday and I asked them what was mailed out and they replied DON"T KNOW???? what is that kind of service and answer? But I hope I will receive my mail today.

hI worried-joel here is a link on where to check your status https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

you can jsut click on that and punch in your receipt number...goodluck!

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Timeline

Thanks but I have already punched a thousand times on my status case. it just does not show my latest update! Why me!!!! arghhh....

Timeline

Until today I did not receive any biometric notice. I called and they said something was mailed out on the 4/15 but until today NOTHING IN MY MAIL BOX! What else can I do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.