pnoy00pogi

Adrenaline Rush!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi folks!!! Another new member here.... today I got news from my fiancee in the Philippines that she had just received her k-packet including the medical and interview date! :D.... we both didn't expect it to arrive that soon.... not in a bad way, of course.... now what's bugging me is that i recently moved state... Dec. 30 to be exact.... I called the Embassy's Visa Call Center, they said everything looks ok so far, and they asked me to fax a letter to them stating my previous and present address....

I was working full time in CA for about 3years, earning roughly a gross of $10,000 above the 125% Poverty Income guideline (some say its low, some say it's ok...I'm both scared and confused)... My former employer did not want me to leave the company... so I'm currently employed as a per-diem status in their branch here in WA... and presently still utilizing my vacation hours that I accumulated from working in CA... and living in my brother's house

I have almost 0 savings now :( , and I'm just waiting for my last CA paycheck to arrive... :crying:

My fiancee's interview will be in the third week of next month.... I sent her my certificate of employment already but it states my CA employment.... I also have here 3 years worth of W-2's.... I will also be sending her copies of receipts of monetary support I've been sending her since Feb. 2005...

I will need your good advice on how to deal with the Affidavit of Support I-134 part... please... before i send her a notarized copy.... :help::help:

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2006-06-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-07-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-09-13

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-09-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-09-26

NVC Received : Approx. 2006-10-10

Consulate Received : 2006-10-18

Packet 4 Received : 2007-01-08

Medical Interview Date: 2007-02-16

Interview Date : 2007-02-26 APPROVED!

Flew to Washington: 2007-04-06

Wedding day!!: 2007-05-28

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think you will be ok from a visa standpoint. You said you had your letter from your employer already. If you have that, your 1040's and some pay stubs that is all they are going to ask for. You are showing an income that is suffiecient. You never want to lie to them but you will have all the bases covered that they are going to ask about. The odds of them asking her if you have quit your job is pretty small. If they ask what her what you do telling them the type of job you work at is a good answer. The support info for what you have sent to her will not be looked at very seriously.

The other problem is you have to live and support her so I would suggest some serious job hunting.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline
I think you will be ok from a visa standpoint. You said you had your letter from your employer already. If you have that, your 1040's and some pay stubs that is all they are going to ask for. You are showing an income that is suffiecient. You never want to lie to them but you will have all the bases covered that they are going to ask about. The odds of them asking her if you have quit your job is pretty small. If they ask what her what you do telling them the type of job you work at is a good answer. The support info for what you have sent to her will not be looked at very seriously.

The other problem is you have to live and support her so I would suggest some serious job hunting.

Thanks turboguy!... I will be starting work this week although not on a regular basis... and will look around for more full-time job opportunities in my field... Crossing all my fingers that everything will go smoothly... more power to you!

K-1 Visa

Thanks turboguy!... I will be starting work this week although not on a regular basis... and will look around for more full-time job opportunities in my field... Crossing all my fingers that everything will go smoothly... more power to you!

Hello, i think we are in a similar situation. I resigned from my job last November, thinking that the financial support part won't be needed until after marriage when she adjust her status. Her interview is on Feb 16. I've been here in the Philippines since I resigned and ever since I found out about the I-134 requirement, i've been so bugged about it. My possible solution right now is to show a bank balance of over $24,000 balance in my checking account (for household of 3), AND/OR File my 2006 Tax Return asap showing I have a business income since my resignation, then use the 2006 Tax REturn in the affidavit of support.

In regards to your job, it looks like you are safe as you haven't really resigned from the company that you've worked for. You are still employed by the company despite the fact that you are working in a different branch now. Technically, it is still the same company.

Hi folks!!! Another new member here.... today I got news from my fiancee in the Philippines that she had just received her k-packet including the medical and interview date! :D.... we both didn't expect it to arrive that soon.... not in a bad way, of course.... now what's bugging me is that i recently moved state... Dec. 30 to be exact.... I called the Embassy's Visa Call Center, they said everything looks ok so far, and they asked me to fax a letter to them stating my previous and present address....

I was working full time in CA for about 3years, earning roughly a gross of $10,000 above the 125% Poverty Income guideline (some say its low, some say it's ok...I'm both scared and confused)... My former employer did not want me to leave the company... so I'm currently employed as a per-diem status in their branch here in WA... and presently still utilizing my vacation hours that I accumulated from working in CA... and living in my brother's house

I have almost 0 savings now :( , and I'm just waiting for my last CA paycheck to arrive... :crying:

My fiancee's interview will be in the third week of next month.... I sent her my certificate of employment already but it states my CA employment.... I also have here 3 years worth of W-2's.... I will also be sending her copies of receipts of monetary support I've been sending her since Feb. 2005...

I will need your good advice on how to deal with the Affidavit of Support I-134 part... please... before i send her a notarized copy.... :help::help:

As they say...only answer what they ask.. Don't offer any info..

The only I reason I say this is it looks like you won't have a hard time getting a job..with your past employemnt history...the question is will it be at the 125% (16,500) or lower.. Which honestly you could flip hambugers fulltime and make the $16,500 so that shouldn't be a problem..

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Timeline
Hello, i think we are in a similar situation. I resigned from my job last November, thinking that the financial support part won't be needed until after marriage when she adjust her status. Her interview is on Feb 16. I've been here in the Philippines since I resigned and ever since I found out about the I-134 requirement, i've been so bugged about it. My possible solution right now is to show a bank balance of over $24,000 balance in my checking account (for household of 3), AND/OR File my 2006 Tax Return asap showing I have a business income since my resignation, then use the 2006 Tax REturn in the affidavit of support.

In regards to your job, it looks like you are safe as you haven't really resigned from the company that you've worked for. You are still employed by the company despite the fact that you are working in a different branch now. Technically, it is still the same company.

Gyaaaaadddd!! 24 grand??!?? :blink: .... after i deposit my coming paycheck I'll have.. and I'm so proud to say.... a little over 1k!!! Hurrraaaaay!!! :wacko: Wish me luck! :lol: Seriously now, I do hope my former bank statements and paystubs will suffice. I read many have had trouble to get a letter from the bank, so I wouldn't want to deal with that #######. Oh by the way, should i send my fiancee the originals of my bank account statements, W-2's, paystubs? Or just photocopies?

K-1 Visa

Timeline

The only I reason I say this is it looks like you won't have a hard time getting a job..with your past employemnt history...the question is will it be at the 125% (16,500) or lower.. Which honestly you could flip hambugers fulltime and make the $16,500 so that shouldn't be a problem..

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Right now I just hvae to figure out how to answer this damn form I-134. :unsure: hehe. Some of my current stats for the dreaded Question 7 are as follows:

1. No deposit in savings... well 25 bucks automatic deduction from my checking every 15th of the month
  2. personal property... hmmm... though not fully paid yet... my car maybe worth around $10,000 by now in Kelly's Blue Book (don't know if that's applicable)
  3. No significant stocks and bonds
  4. No Life Insurance
  5. No real estate.. the house I'm living in is, as i mentioned, my brother's (I'm troubled by the address part)

So.. there. :crying::crying::crying: Any ideas? Oh and I want to stay clear away of the idea of co-sponsoring.

By the way, you two look great together! Congrats in advance! :thumbs::thumbs:

K-1 Visa

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Right now I just hvae to figure out how to answer this damn form I-134. :unsure: hehe. Some of my current stats for the dreaded Question 7 are as follows:

1. No deposit in savings... well 25 bucks automatic deduction from my checking every 15th of the month
  2. personal property... hmmm... though not fully paid yet... my car maybe worth around $10,000 by now in Kelly's Blue Book (don't know if that's applicable)
  3. No significant stocks and bonds
  4. No Life Insurance
  5. No real estate.. the house I'm living in is, as i mentioned, my brother's (I'm troubled by the address part)

So.. there. :crying::crying::crying: Any ideas? Oh and I want to stay clear away of the idea of co-sponsoring.

By the way, you two look great together! Congrats in advance! :thumbs::thumbs:

if you make above the poverty level the bank statments and letters are not needed. My fiancee just had her interview, all i did for the affidavit of support was income tax, letter from employer and pay stubs. i put only 36k as my income. And also i live with my mother so i use her address... tho she is 75... dont create problems! just put what the minimum you need will be read the form as it is written. a b c d. 2 of the 4 will suffice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.