Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2014

5,795 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got my case # and IIN assigned April 11th.

I am able to log-in into the ceac web site but I can't do match.

It tells me that NVC is not ready to process the case yet.

this is the message I get:

"Please be advised that the case you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National visa center if you believe that you received this message in error"

Now, should I be concerned? or should I wait until Monday before calling them?

Edited by etrangais

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

NVC were missing some documents when they got my approved case from Uscis. ( they never told me which documents)

So USCIS got case back from NVC on 4 or 5th and sent back to NvC on same day. ( very lucky )

Wow! It stinks that it happened but it is lucky for you that they found your documents and that it didn't take month or more to sort out! It could have been much worse. Your on the right track now!!! :)

01/05/06-Met

04/01/13-Married

USCIS

04/15/13-PD

11/15/13-Transfered To NSC

12/11/13-NOA2

NVC

01/07/14- Received

02/06/14-Case and IIN #'s assigned

02/10/14-DS-261 available and filled out

02/11/14-Paid AOS fee

02/18/14-Sent AOS packet via Express Mail

02/19/14-NVC received AOS packet

02/26/14-IV invoice available and paid

03/03/14- IV bill shows paid-mailed IV package via Express Mail

03/04/14-IV package received

03/09/14-DS-260 submitted

03/14/14-False checklist for IV package

03/24/14- Real checklist

04/02/14-NVC received checklist response

04/18/14-CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!

06/05/14-Interview In Sofia BG

06/09/14 -Visa Approved!!!!!!!!

06/11/14-Visa in hand

06/21/14-POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

"Please be advised that the case you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National visa center if you believe that you received this message in error"

Now, should I be concerned? or should I wait until Monday before calling them?[/quote

This is totally normal. Just give it another say or so. Mine said that too. It just means you fees are not available yet.

01/05/06-Met

04/01/13-Married

USCIS

04/15/13-PD

11/15/13-Transfered To NSC

12/11/13-NOA2

NVC

01/07/14- Received

02/06/14-Case and IIN #'s assigned

02/10/14-DS-261 available and filled out

02/11/14-Paid AOS fee

02/18/14-Sent AOS packet via Express Mail

02/19/14-NVC received AOS packet

02/26/14-IV invoice available and paid

03/03/14- IV bill shows paid-mailed IV package via Express Mail

03/04/14-IV package received

03/09/14-DS-260 submitted

03/14/14-False checklist for IV package

03/24/14- Real checklist

04/02/14-NVC received checklist response

04/18/14-CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!

06/05/14-Interview In Sofia BG

06/09/14 -Visa Approved!!!!!!!!

06/11/14-Visa in hand

06/21/14-POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Yes appoint yourself as agent. I did this (I am the beneficiary), I live with my husband in Australia so we are both outside of the US. After waiting the full 30 days for our case # to be assigned which was frustrating, we have found the process at NVC to be quite speedy. We paid, filed and sent in our civil docs in less than two weeks. My point being it's a pain to have to wait so long for a number, but once you get it if you have everything in order then you can move quick. The only time we're losing which can't be helped is the time it takes (a full 4 business days) to get post to the US from Australia at a ridiculous cost as well. But that's out fault no one elses! Good luck!

Okay, appoint myself as agent and pay to ship it to the US. Yeah, I figured the price would be expensive, but I would much rather do that and be SURE of what we are sending in and that it is okay, then leave it to someone else.

Can those things be sent in one package? :D

OKay, so you won't get any mail. The NVC doesn't send anything via snail mail if they have your email addresses. You can appoint either person to be the agent. Doesn't matter really as everything goes through email. The NVC likes to have a US address on hand in case they do mail something, but since they don't, it's moot.

The form itself is not a big deal, is pretty pointless and don't resend it if you make an error because the only thing this form does is initiate the IV bill to be invoiced. That's it. It's silly and they shouldn't use it anymore.

No snail mail from NVC; form is pointless. Phew. Thanks. It was really worrying me, hearing this makes me feel much better, thank you!

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Now, should I be concerned? or should I wait until Monday before calling them?

Remember what I told you about trying all the links? I got an error and I just tried all the links and I was able to sign in. . It takes you to the stage you're on. Try it

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay, appoint myself as agent and pay to ship it to the US. Yeah, I figured the price would be expensive, but I would much rather do that and be SURE of what we are sending in and that it is okay, then leave it to someone else.

No snail mail from NVC; form is pointless. Phew. Thanks. It was really worrying me, hearing this makes me feel much better, thank you!

Ivy, I'm so glad you are finally here at the NVC!

Sukie

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Now, should I be concerned? or should I wait until Monday before calling them?I

I will suggest you read post one, This will help you alot.

I believe they can be sent in one package as long as they are clearly marked AOS and IV - I am sure someone on VJ can offer some guidance here. I sent mine as two packages because I got my AOS one done first. I fretted over sending my IV package as it contained my original birth cert and marriage cert which I am just so annoyed about sending but I had no choice unfortunately.

Called again to NVC and once again they told me it takes 4-5 weeks for my approval to arrive from CSC, does it really take that long? Other ppl here arrive in a couple of days? My approval was april 1st.. This bumms me out ?

Timeline

Remember what I told you about trying all the links? I got an error and I just tried all the links and I was able to sign in. . It takes you to the stage you're on. Try it

I did but it still shows that the AoS is not invoiced yet and it shows the same message when I use the link for the DS260.

I just got off the phone with customer service and a nice lady said that it was normal. They still can't add the beneficiary's email. They already have my email and my phone number.

I'll give it until Monday and if it does not change by then I'll be in panic mode!!!!!

Timeline

Called again to NVC and once again they told me it takes 4-5 weeks for my approval to arrive from CSC, does it really take that long? Other ppl here arrive in a couple of days? My approval was april 1st.. This bumms me out ?

4 to 5 weeks for a case number.

They just tell people that so people stop calling them every day.

Timeline

I will suggest you read post one, This will help you alot.

I guess I'm just too impatient! I read the wiki (Thanks fairy Saylin) several times and I have everything ready to go! That's why I'm impatient!!!!

Timeline

not for a case number, just for my case to arrive at NVC from CSC

Make sure it was shipped first (USCIS tier 2 can confirm that, don't believe the email update). Once shipped, give it two weeks tops from the day it was shipped.

Once received by NVC, give it a month for a case #

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.