thedeerpanteth

Do you need a waiver to reapply for k1 the 2nd time

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

I will be reapplying for k1 visa again in couple of months. My fiancé was denied his visa do we need a waiver to reapply and how long does it take for them to let you know you can reapply?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will be reapplying for k1 visa again in couple of months. My fiancé was denied his visa do we need a waiver to reapply and how long does it take for them to let you know you can reapply?

No you need no waiver. But you should find out reasons for denial. Otherwise it will be denial again.

Why not get married you have better chances for approval?

What was the reasoning for denial if I may ask?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My income and not enough evidence of our relationship. We didn't have pictures to proof of our engagement. Should I call them to check how long I should wait?

There's no waiting period. You need to officially withdraw this petition. And you can reapply. Man that's too bad. You didn't have all that sorry. Hope you are prepared now.

Did they say they were sending back to USCIS and request to revoke or what?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

When my fiancé went asked them about our paperwork, they told him they are keeping them. They didn't say if they were sending back to uscis. How do official without the petition?

Timeline

My income and not enough evidence of our relationship. We didn't have pictures to proof of our engagement. Should I call them to check how long I should wait?

In Laos, it is useful to get a "Engagement Paper" from the local mayor and district office. It is about 200,000 Kips or 30 US dollars. Did you happen to get one of these done? If NOT, you might want to consider it for next time. This official document and a Photo of the engagement party is all you need.

Timeline

We do have our engagement paper. When I looked at the denial form, it did not state of photos of our engagement ceremony, it state my income and his birthday was not translate to English even the form has both English and Lao on it.

Timeline

We do have our engagement paper. When I looked at the denial form, it did not state of photos of our engagement ceremony, it state my income and his birthday was not translate to English even the form has both English and Lao on it.

If that is the case... you could just quickly get a co-sponsor and submit a new I-134 from the co-sponsor. I would not wait to re-apply with a new K1 application. FI you did, it will mean that you will have to wait another year before you're at this point again.

I think they are just trying to add more to their case so they can deny you.

Timeline

It sounds to me like you were unprepared for your K1 process. You need to understand how the process works by thoroughly reviewing the K1 visa guide as well as the flow chart. Here's the link to the guide http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide. Make sure you follow all the instructions to a T. Not having supporting evidence for your relationship is a very easy CO decision for a denial. Remember what you have to do is show that you are legitimately bringing your fiance to the US and that your fiance will not become a public liability. So having trails of correspondences such as e-mails, snail mail, phone records, skype record, pictures showing time spent together, pictures showing your engagement ceremony (in the Hmong culture this is a very important event because it let's the friends and family know of the intended union and the CO is expecting this), and any other evidence you can think of to support your relationship. Also, it looks like one of the main reason for denial is lack of income. Find out from the US embassy in Laos if they do accept a co-sponsor for K1 fiance visa and or CR1/IR1 spousal visa. Take the necessary steps to apply according to what will give you the best chance for approval. Get a Job that will fulfill the income requirement (look into assets that will help to qualify), check the poverty guidelines for your appropriate household. If this is too complex for you to do on your own hire an attorney or get someone capable of helping you fulfill the necessary requirements or help you understand what needs to be done for you to be able to bring your love one over here. It takes a lot of work and effort and sacrifice to go through this journey and we have all gone through it. We're glad to share our experience with you so good luck to you.

What other joy is there but being with the one you love

Timeline

Do you know if they allows cosponsor for k1 in Laos

Yes... they DO allow co-sponsors for K1 in Laos. I know of a man in Sacramento that has done it, just months ago. His daughter co-sponsor his new wife.

Timeline

I don't want to mislead anyone but if the daughter lives with the petitioner then that is not considered co-sponsorship but same household income. I still maintain that you must check with the US embassy as every embassy is different and I have received an email reply 2 years ago from the US embassy in Laos that k1 co-sponsorship is not allowed. I will email the embassy and will have an answer soon.

Timeline

This is the previous email I received from the US Embassy 2 years ago:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for your email. The US embassy in Laos is not required to accept affidavit of supports for the K-1 visa petition. The petitioner must show that he/she meet the 2011 Federal Income Guidelines for a household of his/her size.

Thank you.

The Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Vientiane, Laos

http://laos.usembassy.gov/

http://travel.state.gov/

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 7:47 AM
To: VIENTIANE, CONSLAO
Subject: regarding sponsor for affidavit of support

Hello,

I was wondering if the US consulate in Laos accepted sponsors for the affidavit of support I-134 for a K1 visa petition. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

i agree that usually they don't allow co-sponsors. the guy that helped us with our paperwork told us this past summer that they are not allowing co-sponsors as much and that the few people that he helped that had co-sponsors were denied because of it.

also they won't give you your paperwork back because they will probably send it back to US. you guys can apply for another k1 visa but get new evidence (lots of pics and phone logs and etc) but you also need to know why they denied you cuz thats what you need to deal with in the next interview. you'll only know when they send you paperwork back to US and you get the NOID in the mail telling you why you guys were denied. That takes a while too.

Edited by hnubno

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.