peezey

Issues you may need to discuss with your MENA SO

327 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
If anyone wants to know what my husband said, he is ready to translate it, but he didn't want to shame you in front of everyone.

#######?

Yeah arguing in another language is not right anyway...how can anyone know if the TOS is being violated if the words are made secretive by being typed entirely in a language most people on here cannot read or understand. I have no problem with people writing in their native tongue, but a translation should always follow. And if it is something that "shames" someone, it could be a violation of the TOS.

I think the Arabic was typed to prove a point as far as 'who's more Palestinian', but that's just my take on it.

I do think WOM's analogy about being French was very relevant. omG, did I just agree with WOM? :o:lol:

the more palestinian than thou olympics? :lol:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
If anyone wants to know what my husband said, he is ready to translate it, but he didn't want to shame you in front of everyone.

#######?

Yeah arguing in another language is not right anyway...how can anyone know if the TOS is being violated if the words are made secretive by being typed entirely in a language most people on here cannot read or understand. I have no problem with people writing in their native tongue, but a translation should always follow. And if it is something that "shames" someone, it could be a violation of the TOS.

What was said is a violation of the TOS, that's why it was said in Arabic. I offered to take it private, but no takers. I'm not going to be rude and talk in another language here when few understand. There's not even a point in that.

#######?

I think the Arabic was typed to prove a point as far as 'who's more Palestinian', but that's just my take on it.

I do think WOM's analogy about being French was very relevant. omG, did I just agree with WOM? :o:lol:

You're right about the Arabic, wrong about the French. Unlike Europeans, Arabs don't cut their ties. Palestinians will always be Palestinian, and we don't stray far from our roots.

Mahmoud doesn't know me from Adam, so he has nothing to go by about my heritage but the comment that offended he and WOM. Some things about me simply aren't known because I don't discuss them publically, so there is no objective way to measure my relationship to Palestine through my own experience or thru my family ties. I'm 4th generation on only one side.

The custom of shaming was mentioned before, but shaming doesn't work well on people you don't know and who don't know you. You got the opportunity to see someone try to shame another one, but that's not what you come here for.

Continue the discussion, if you want. I'm weary of all the fighting over nothing. Anyone desparate for a translation is free to PM me.

Have a great day, all!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

wow i saw the title for this forum and thought it might be interesting and like old times it is nothing but a bunch of nonsense.......you know alot of people on here used to bash me all the time, taling about how i was sooo intolerant and when Samir gets here he will be so unhappy because of my christian views, and he has been here 3 mos, not one fight, we get along great, the people at his mosque like me, and we think we might be expecting our first baby. If I would have listened to some of the so called RELIGOUS people on here, who knows what could have happened. I suggest people dont spend too much time on here, as I dont anymore, I have my husband and family, along with work and school, and find that much of what goes on in here is just negative and can bring out the worst in you. There are many so called religous people on here who will not hesatate to bash you and there is no point in even disgussing controversial talks on here because most of the responses you get are either irrational, biased, or prejediced. Why bother over and over disgussing theses kind of issues ( like about Jews for example) when you know that mean things will be said? It isnt productive at all and makes no sense.

Shannon

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Timeline
wow i saw the title for this forum and thought it might be interesting and like old times it is nothing but a bunch of nonsense.......you know alot of people on here used to bash me all the time, taling about how i was sooo intolerant and when Samir gets here he will be so unhappy because of my christian views, and he has been here 3 mos, not one fight, we get along great, the people at his mosque like me, and we think we might be expecting our first baby. If I would have listened to some of the so called RELIGOUS people on here, who knows what could have happened. I suggest people dont spend too much time on here, as I dont anymore, I have my husband and family, along with work and school, and find that much of what goes on in here is just negative and can bring out the worst in you. There are many so called religous people on here who will not hesatate to bash you and there is no point in even disgussing controversial talks on here because most of the responses you get are either irrational, biased, or prejediced. Why bother over and over disgussing theses kind of issues ( like about Jews for example) when you know that mean things will be said? It isnt productive at all and makes no sense.

Shannon

totally agree with that above, shannon, and congrats on the baby (F)

i miss seeing you in mena btw.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Shannon

Aww thank you *hugs* we are not sure yet but I will keep you posted :) how are things going for you? LOL I dont miss the mena forum that much, but I keep in touch with my freinds VIA phone ect... not thru here :)

us3.jpg

usaflagshannon.gif

Timeline

Shannon

Aww thank you *hugs* we are not sure yet but I will keep you posted :) how are things going for you? LOL I dont miss the mena forum that much, but I keep in touch with my freinds VIA phone ect... not thru here :)

things for me are going great. just made an appointment for nessa to go to the dentist. good thing i have more overtime coming up an a week or two. :P

i'll have to look and see if i have some baby shower gifs for when you announce the good news.

hope all is well with you and yours.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Shannon

things for me are going great. just made an appointment for nessa to go to the dentist. good thing i have more overtime coming up an a week or two. :P

i'll have to look and see if i have some baby shower gifs for when you announce the good news.

hope all is well with you and yours.

thanks charles (F)

us3.jpg

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can we speak english or is this a system error?

mar7aba ..ana mahmoud men falasteen ..awal she ya eli bt7ki 3an 7alek falastenih .. enti ath bati eli enek ma bt3rafi 3an falasteen wla she .thanyan marati bt3ref 3an falasteen akthar menk ..b3deen men treeket 7kyek .. embayen 3leek ma zorti falasteen wla elk ay 7da fi falasteen .. liano law ana kont m7lek .kont tameet 7ali fi jorah wi est7eet eni a7ki 3an 7ali falasteeni.. ba3deen mesh kol alnas wa7ad ...ana ma bkrah alyhood kolhom ..liano fi almlee7 wi al3atel ween ma kona ..fi falasteen wa fi kol al3alam.ba3deen kabel la tektbi ay shi ..e3rafi sho katabti.. mshan t3rafi keef alnas ra7 etjawbek.. lianek bt7ki ma 7keet shi wa enti 7keeti al7aki .eli a3ta lanas eli mwjodeen yjawbook bna2a 3la 7kyek.fi alakher la tekhzeena allah ykhleeki li ana falasteenyeh wa elna alsharaf enkon falasteenyeh... Mahmoud alfalasteeni men jenin

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline

#######?

What was said is a violation of the TOS, that's why it was said in Arabic. I offered to take it private, but no takers. I'm not going to be rude and talk in another language here when few understand. There's not even a point in that.

#######?

You're right about the Arabic, wrong about the French. Unlike Europeans, Arabs don't cut their ties. Palestinians will always be Palestinian, and we don't stray far from our roots.

Mahmoud doesn't know me from Adam, so he has nothing to go by about my heritage but the comment that offended he and WOM. Some things about me simply aren't known because I don't discuss them publically, so there is no objective way to measure my relationship to Palestine through my own experience or thru my family ties. I'm 4th generation on only one side.

The custom of shaming was mentioned before, but shaming doesn't work well on people you don't know and who don't know you. You got the opportunity to see someone try to shame another one, but that's not what you come here for.

Continue the discussion, if you want. I'm weary of all the fighting over nothing. Anyone desparate for a translation is free to PM me.

Have a great day, all!

I'm not going to fight with you, but if you're 4th generation American, you are American of Palestinian descent.

I am of Italian descent...I am 3rd generation American, Yet, I know and practice all the Italian traditions, I cook Italian, I look Italian, etc.

But I'm American. And if I got transplanted immediately to Italy, I'm sure there would be visible differences.

Your opinion on Palestine doesn't need to be quantified as 'more valid' because of ancestry.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Well, one difference between you and I is that I wouldn't be a transplant. My great-grandfather came here after losing his home to Israel. He brought his children with him. None of us have stayed away, so I'm not only about practice, cooking and looking. Like I said before, Europeans and Arabs, not interchangable. You talk about leaving your past, we talk about not leaving it.

Timeline
Well, one difference between you and I is that I wouldn't be a transplant. My great-grandfather came here after losing his home to Israel. He brought his children with him. None of us have stayed away, so I'm not only about practice, cooking and looking. Like I said before, Europeans and Arabs, not interchangable. You talk about leaving your past, we talk about not leaving it.

well i'm apparently gained knowledge about brazil by osmosis since i married nessa :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
By the way, do you speak Arabic at all ? You haven't responded to a word my husband wrote (except the one word I translated.) He is becoming suspicious.

I do speak arabic and I would not have responded to either of those posts. Regardless of whether she speaks arabic or not, that doesn't mean she doesn't know what she is talking about. Secondly, what did you husband write that had anything to do with the situation of Palestine? All I saw was an attempt to shame her, cut her down, and get under her skin.

If SZSZ doesn't understand arabic that that would be the only thing your husband could have possibly proved with those statements. I think asking your husband to come on VJ and cut someone down in Arabic is a pretty low thing to do. Maybe you thought no one else would understand, but its very easy for most to just ask their SO to translate.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Can we speak english or is this a system error?
mar7aba ..ana mahmoud men falasteen ..awal she ya eli bt7ki 3an 7alek falastenih .. enti ath bati eli enek ma bt3rafi 3an falasteen wla she .thanyan marati bt3ref 3an falasteen akthar menk ..b3deen men treeket 7kyek .. embayen 3leek ma zorti falasteen wla elk ay 7da fi falasteen .. liano law ana kont m7lek .kont tameet 7ali fi jorah wi est7eet eni a7ki 3an 7ali falasteeni.. ba3deen mesh kol alnas wa7ad ...ana ma bkrah alyhood kolhom ..liano fi almlee7 wi al3atel ween ma kona ..fi falasteen wa fi kol al3alam.ba3deen kabel la tektbi ay shi ..e3rafi sho katabti.. mshan t3rafi keef alnas ra7 etjawbek.. lianek bt7ki ma 7keet shi wa enti 7keeti al7aki .eli a3ta lanas eli mwjodeen yjawbook bna2a 3la 7kyek.fi alakher la tekhzeena allah ykhleeki li ana falasteenyeh wa elna alsharaf enkon falasteenyeh... Mahmoud alfalasteeni men jenin

I hear ya...

well i'm apparently gained knowledge about brazil by osmosis since i married nessa :whistle:

Did you know that Brazil was the only independent colony in the New World that became a Empire, instead of a Republic?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.