327 posts in this topic

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
hey leave me out of this!!!!!! I was being so good too!!! :innocent:

Is that true...a woman is allowed in Islam to divorce her husband for no good reason? That doesn't sound right at all to me.

####### is going on with my PC...?!

Well marriage and divorce are serious matters in Islam. Normally divorce is mutually. In the present day Shariah laws men have only the right to make divorce proceeding. Women have to ask their husband for the right herself or arbitators. But of course not all Muslim countries observe the Shariah. Women have right to ask for divorce under Islam if she being treated ill, not maintained, not sexually satisfied or the husband is sterile. In the Pr. Mohammed (saw)'s time women made divorces all the time.

The divorce interim and waiting time needs to be observed. And they can divorce up to 2x, before not being able to remarry. If they divorce 3x the women needs to marry another man and divorce him in order to remarry the first.

I don't like rules. :whistle:

I donnot like rules either, but in this case.. These rules I like... no worries on my part and surprising special requests :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Is that true...a woman is allowed in Islam to divorce her husband for no good reason? That doesn't sound right at all to me.

Well marriage and divorce are serious matters in Islam. Normally divorce is mutually. In the present day Shariah laws men have only the right to make divorce proceeding. Women have to ask their husband for the right herself or arbitators. But of course not all Muslim countries observe the Shariah. Women have right to ask for divorce under Islam if she being treated ill, not maintained, not sexually satisfied or the husband is sterile. In the Pr. Mohammed (saw)'s time women made divorces all the time.

The divorce interim and waiting time needs to be observed. And they can divorce up to 2x, before not being able to remarry. If they divorce 3x the women needs to marry another man and divorce him in order to remarry the first.

I donnot like rules either, but in this case.. These rules I like... no worries on my part and surprising special requests :blush:

I also have no worries because I live in America and I have many rights. :thumbs: Most of this doesn't apply to anyone living in the US, the only thing would be to explain to your future husband that you have rights in America and none of that other stuff applies.

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
LOL! I come on VJ after months of being away and when I click on this thread the first thing I see is #######!
*snort* sorry :blush: They asked I answered.

And I thank you for that. It was not for my current situation... :no: I was wondering if I had recourse for the ex, if I were unknowingly cheated!! Now I know. Thank you. And part of it was mere curiosity. Christians are told not to with hold themselves from their spouse, but that is it. I was just wondering what Islam had to say about it. I'm satisfied. Case closed.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline
LOL! I come on VJ after months of being away and when I click on this thread the first thing I see is #######!

And I thank you for that. It was not for my current situation... :no: I was wondering if I had recourse for the ex, if I were unknowingly cheated!! Now I know. Thank you. And part of it was mere curiosity. Christians are told not to with hold themselves from their spouse, but that is it. I was just wondering what Islam had to say about it. I'm satisfied. Case closed.

:lol::lol::lol: hahahahahahahahaha yeah righttttttttttttttt! :lol::devil:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I also have no worries because I live in America and I have many rights. :thumbs: Most of this doesn't apply to anyone living in the US, the only thing would be to explain to your future husband that you have rights in America and none of that other stuff applies.

True True True gotta love the good ol' U S of A!!!!!

You know... if I had to explain to my husband "I have my rights" so do this and that, I would think there were serious problems that the rights themselves do not remedy.

Yea well most men are not well versed in womens rights.Sometimes they need to be educated on them...as in MENA the female and male world is in two different realms.

I don't want my husband doing something because it is his duty and my right. If that is the case, it isn't sincere but an obligation. Not how I want any part of my marriage to be. :no:

I donnot either, but lets take away ur rights and see what happens in 20 years when the flickering love romance part is gone :lol:

:thumbs:

Timeline
Um, o yes multiple partners haraam too. :blush: So sorry no co-wife romps.

awwww :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

YOU of all people WOULD be disappointed... You're not even Mulsim!! :P

And YOU Doodle just got married so why is the word divorce even coming out of your keyboard? :huh:

Edited by maggieNomar

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Yes, it is allowed in fiqh. It's called a "kuhl", and requires that the woman pay back all or part of her mahr or give up the unpaid part. Most women don't like to hear this, but in fiqh, the mahr is a payment for the sexual services of the wife allowed by the nikah. If the husband breaks the contract, the wife keeps the mahr. If she breaks the contract, he gets to have it all or partially returned because she is reneging on her exclusive sexual access for him. That is one of the husband's marital rights.

Also, something you may be interested in; fiqh law also allows wives to require household help. Under fiqh law, a wife is not required to do housework or even raise the children. She is only required to provide sexual services and keep his confidences. Wealthy Muslim families often have such an arrangement.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Timeline

What do you mean Yeah right??? It's in the Bible.. that's all I was saying.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline

I know but what I mean is "NOT GONNA HAPPEN", I decide when :whistle::devil::devil::devil: Oh and Christianity also promotes the idea of only having intercourse for the purpose of having children.

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, it is allowed in fiqh. It's called a "kuhl", and requires that the woman pay back all or part of her mahr or give up the unpaid part. Most women don't like to hear this, but in fiqh, the mahr is a payment for the sexual services of the wife allowed by the nikah. If the husband breaks the contract, the wife keeps the mahr. If she breaks the contract, he gets to have it all or partially returned because she is reneging on her exclusive sexual access for him. That is one of the husband's marital rights.

Also, something you may be interested in; fiqh law also allows wives to require household help. Under fiqh law, a wife is not required to do housework or even raise the children. She is only required to provide sexual services and keep his confidences. Wealthy Muslim families often have such an arrangement.

I don't like it when anyone else does the housework. I'd rather have a messy house than have it cleaned by someone else. No one else can do it "right", you know? My mother is constantly trying to get me to use her cleaning lady. She had her clean my house when I had my second daughter. After the second time I went nuts and said no more 'cause everything was all rearranged and I was going crazy!!!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

All I can think is 'Desperate Housewives: Amman'..... with a Gabi-style character refusing to clean 'cause that's not in the contract. :)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

I know but what I mean is "NOT GONNA HAPPEN", I decide when :whistle::devil::devil::devil: Oh and Christianity also promotes the idea of only having intercourse for the purpose of having children.

Uh no that would be certain sects of Christianity...just like certain sects of Islam promote things that other sects don't agree with. My Pastor speaks about the family and marriage relationship each year in a family series, and some people would be :blush::blush: with some of the things he says about sex. It sure ain't only for the purpose of having babies in MY church.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline

Uh no that would be certain sects of Christianity...just like certain sects of Islam promote things that other sects don't agree with. My Pastor speaks about the family and marriage relationship each year in a family series, and some people would be :blush::blush: with some of the things he says about sex. It sure ain't only for the purpose of having babies in MY church.

I didn't say it applied to all sects or to yours or mine, but there are sects in Christianity that do promote that.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hahahhahhhahahahaha sects and sex.

This reminds me of the wife of one of my husband's brothers. She and I were talking one day, and she said what sounded like "I don't like sex." I was sure I hadn't heard her right, and I was like "Excuse me ?" She said it again. Very clearly and precisely. "I don't like sex." Well I was completely confused. She never talks like that.

Then she went on. "I hate them. I always call for Izhaq to come and kill them." I must have had the most confused expression on my face.

Until I finally figured it out. She meant "INsects." She didn't like "INsects."

:lol::innocent::P

I will tell the monkeys/donkeys story at another time.

(F)

-MK

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.