peezey

Issues you may need to discuss with your MENA SO

327 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Szsz,

Here are just a few of the accusations you've made about me in this thread:

I'll be damned if I will stay put for someone to slam me and my heritage because, without knowing much about me, they assume they're more Palestinian than I am because of their marriage, so their opinion has more weight than others.
One thing that every Palestinian with their heart in Palestine wants is the right of return. One thing you should never do is question the legitimacy of a displaced people who have lost their home thru an injustice.
You brought it up by asserting authority thru marriage, thenm by trying to diminish me thru trying to diminish my place in the world as a Palestinian. You show little understanding of a displaced people when you do that, and you do another injustice.
It also surprises me that you don't know better than to tell a Palestinian who isn't currently in Palestine that they're lesser than those who are. That's lesson number 1.
You pulled the heritage card first in your post after you came at me. You know, I only posted my comment at the request of peezy and those who wished to discuss the comment. I should have known someone would make a big deal out of it. I'm surprised it was you.

I responded because it's clear to me that you wanted to corner the market on who is more Palestinian. Then, you made that clear by trying to put me down as less Palestinian than you and Mahmoud by comparing me to your French heritage.

there is no reason for a pissing contest about how "real Palestinians" got to stay and suffer, while others lost everything, were forced to move, and therefore, their heritage is moot. That is simply another form of oppression.

Now. Where have I said *any* of these things ? Are you hearing voices in your head ?

Post the quotes – not just your own imagined version of what you “think” I said, or what you want people to believe that I said. That don’t cut it. Let’s see the quotes. You’ve made a lot of claims. Now back ‘em up.

Remember: No quotes = voices in your head.

Secondly, let’s look at some of your own remarks.

As far as WOM goes, she was trying to make the point that her HUSBAND'S nationality validated her opinion.

Nope. That's what YOU claim that I think “validates” my opinion. You claim it here:

I AM Palestinian, as is my family; I'm not just married to one.

and here:

The fact is, marrying a Palestinian doesn't make you an expert on Palestinians. I have family too, but I'm not going to go into some pissing contest with your pride to prove who is more Palestinian than whom.

I would win, I assure you. I am not Palestinian by injection, and I wouldn't be less Palestinian by divorce.

Now, I’m not sure why anyone should have to “validate” one’s opinion, anyway. But I’ve already explained what I base my opinions on – my *own* experience.

I never claimed to be Palestinian “by proxy” or “by marriage” – that’s really a ridiculous tactic for you to stoop to, Szsz. I mentioned my husband (and his family) because -- if you even remember -- you specifically ASKED about whether ME/NA couples were in agreement in your original question.

But when I answered your question, you flipped out, saying it was some kind of personal attack on you (?!) and flung your “I’m not just married to one” comment. So I responded that my husband and his family (who are also all Palestinian, born and raised in the West Bank) are in agreement with what I wrote. This drove you into a virtual frenzy of bitter accusations that I had somehow “demeaned” you by even mentioning this, although you continually repeat that your own Palestinian heritage is "validation" for your own comments.

Well. As you should have realized by now, I certainly do have my own extensive personal experience in Palestine, as well as rather advanced knowledge of Palestinian history and culture and the specifics of the conflict there.

I don’t know… maybe that’s what really bothers you here -- that I DO have actual experience in this. Maybe that’s why you spent so much time (and typing) trying to muddy the waters with childish insults and accusing me of making outrageous statements that I never actually said.

Anyway, I already made the point about why I feel well-qualified, on my own merit, to speak up about Palestinian issues here:

I have never claimed to be the "definitive expert" on all things Palestinian. But I do have extensive personal experience in Palestine, which I’ve cited many times here on VJ. Your attempt here to shut me down on the basis of my ethnicity is simply the tactic of a bigot. I've spent years studying the history and politics of this particular area, and years travelling to the West Bank (as well as Jordan) -- and all this began long before I ever met my husband. I've personally worked in both the media and in human rights in Palestine, I’ve written extensively on the matter, I've worked inside the camps, and I have direct experience with the issues of the conflict. I've been there and seen it with my own eyes, and yes, during some of the very worst of hostilities. Even the "divorce" that you so casually insert into your argument could not erase all this knowledge and experience.

It’s yet another point that you *pointedly* choose to ignore.

Of course I don’t anticipate that you will address anything that I’ve actually said, Szsz. I fully expect you to cling to your strange alternate reality of what you keep insisting I said, how it was such a terrible personal attack on you that I expressed my perfectly honest response to your original question in a way that you didn’t happen to like, how I've demeaned Palestinians in exile and denied them their right of return, and on and on and on. You're trippin baddd.

But everyone else can clearly see what was written by you, and by me. The record is there. You started the "rank" game that you keep complaining about. And for someone with such a self-professed "male" style of argument, you sure got in a lot of catty remarks.

Ah well… maybe it was the voices in your head. Saying "Meow meow meow."

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh ####### here we go again.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

But everyone else can clearly see what was written by you, and by me. The record is there. You started the "rank" game that you keep complaining about. And for someone with such a self-professed "male" style of argument, you sure got in a lot of catty remarks.

Yes everyone can see what is written by both of you...both bickering with each other. Yes, szsz often can get attitude-y and defensive, but you yourself said that your husband wrote something in Arabic, to "shame" her, instead of in English for all to see. Is that taking the higher road?

Some of us still have no idea what your husband said. But if even you said yourself, that it was written in Arabic as not to shame her so openly in English(or something), then it must not have been very nice either. Discussing is not the same as shaming, so I don't see how szsz has written anything much worse than your hubby supposedly did.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes everyone can see what is written by both of you...both bickering with each other. Yes, szsz often can get attitude-y and defensive, but you yourself said that your husband wrote something in Arabic, to "shame" her, instead of in English for all to see. Is that taking the higher road?

Some of us still have no idea what your husband said. But if even you said yourself, that it was written in Arabic as not to shame her so openly in English(or something), then it must not have been very nice either. Discussing is not the same as shaming, so I don't see how szsz has written anything much worse than your hubby supposedly did.

The difference is, szsz made ####### up that WOM didn't say.

If you can't read arabic, unfortunately, you can't understand what she meant by shame. It's not some grave shame you might be thinking of, and the post in arabic certainly wasn't what I'd consder to be shameful. It asked questions from one Palestinian to another.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Timeline

Christina,

Ab mai aapko Hindi mei likhunga. Yeh Arabi log sab saale pagal hai. Sharmindagi ki baat Arabi mei karna chaahte hai, koi baat nahi... hum bhi ab Hindi mei in saale pagal Arabiyo ko sharminda karenge.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

And it was going so good :wacko:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

Christina,

Ab mai aapko Hindi mei likhunga. Yeh Arabi log sab saale pagal hai. Sharmindagi ki baat Arabi mei karna chaahte hai, koi baat nahi... hum bhi ab Hindi mei in saale pagal Arabiyo ko sharminda karenge.

lol...I can catch a word here and there, like pagal hai, aapko, Hindi etc. But I have no idea overall. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

The difference is, szsz made ####### up that WOM didn't say.

If you can't read arabic, unfortunately, you can't understand what she meant by shame. It's not some grave shame you might be thinking of, and the post in arabic certainly wasn't what I'd consder to be shameful. It asked questions from one Palestinian to another.

Regardless of their argument which I could care less about, the statement her husband made in arabic was shameful. Any form of shame is bad. People just don't do that in the Arab world to people they hardley know or don't know unless they want to insult them or start a fight. Maybe you wouldn't consider it shameful but an Arab would. It was not just simple questions. :no:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Christina,

lol...I can catch a word here and there, like pagal hai, aapko, Hindi etc. But I have no idea overall. :lol:

How about 'Arabi' and 'Arabiyo'? Cmon make a wild guess.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Christina,

ja sind diese madchen verruckt!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Christina,

How about 'Arabi' and 'Arabiyo'? Cmon make a wild guess.

Yes yes I got that...But the rest?? lol

Christina,

ja sind diese madchen verruckt!

Oye chupbe! Dikhta nai mei in Arabi pagalo se baat kar raha hoon?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

c'mon peeps i got 45 minutes to kill here.....kick it up another notch will ya???

:pop:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
c'mon peeps i got 45 minutes to kill here.....kick it up another notch will ya???

:pop:

People are either busy, or secretly called a truce. :lol: Maybe they are taking a breather. I have a feeling it's not really over yet...hopefully it is though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.