one...two...tree

Christian School Tells Eight-Year-Old Girl She Looks Too Much Like A Boy

88 posts in this topic

You are assuming the romans and the other disciples were darker in complexion.

It could be many people were lighter skinned 200 years ago. That would not be the first area which became darker due to the Slave trade.

I can agree with that. Of course, as was brought up earlier, it really doesn't matter what he looked like. But it is an interesting discussion.

I think everyone might like to know/recall that this "ruddy" David thing is a patrilineal lineage to... Joseph. Joseph did not give DNA to Jesus, according to theology.

So... dead end there, boys. We don't have any information on Mary's looks.

I asked my husband about "ruddy" and he said the Hebrew word contains the word "red" with a suffix. They are not sure exactly what this word means, because it is not used anywhere else. Some interpret it as a reference to his hair color. Others think it was skin color. Ancient Greeks referred the Libyans as having "red skin" and we might recall that native Americans were thought to have "red skin" in days past. So it doesn't really add up to a lot. Certainly not a slam dunk for the "ability to get a sunburn from being so pale."

I think Danno just wants to desperately prove that Jesus was white/pale.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

How have we gone from an 8 year old girl's story.. to sexuality, mental health and Jesus?

And it won't be long until somebody blames something on Obama.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

How have we gone from an 8 year old girl's story.. to sexuality, mental health and Jesus?

If it was an 8 year old boy it might have made sense, given the proclivities of some members of the clergy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think everyone might like to know/recall that this "ruddy" David thing is a patrilineal lineage to... Joseph. Joseph did not give DNA to Jesus, according to theology.

So... dead end there, boys. We don't have any information on Mary's looks.

I asked my husband about "ruddy" and he said the Hebrew word contains the word "red" with a suffix. They are not sure exactly what this word means, because it is not used anywhere else. Some interpret it as a reference to his hair color. Others think it was skin color. Ancient Greeks referred the Libyans as having "red skin" and we might recall that native Americans were thought to have "red skin" in days past. So it doesn't really add up to a lot. Certainly not a slam dunk for the "ability to get a sunburn from being so pale."

I think Danno just wants to desperately prove that Jesus was white/pale.

Apparently you too are desperate to see Jesus has a white person because you pretty much said what I did. Except no one said anything was a "slam dunk" except you.

You know it's funny, When Blacks do the Black-Jesus "last supper" thing.... no one says a thing but God forbid someone suggest that just maybe The tribe Jesus came from could have been lighter in complexion than we all assume, Oh jeez, thats dangerous.

jesus15.jpg

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Um, I said you were full of it. I said your "theory" ends in a dead end. Joseph did not give DNA to Jesus, according to your own beliefs, so looking for clues from his "family" is silly.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Since we don't know, and we can't know, maybe the important question is do we care? Is Jesus' color important to you? Do you need Jesus to have a light skinned Afghan complexion?

Bro, I didn't,t raise the point, if scroll back you will see I responded to someone making a definitive statement and I simply raised the point of "wee don,t know for sure"

In the spiritual context it is meaningless as a matter of history it is a honest question.

William Penn

Timeline

Santa Claus is white. That's a verifiable fact.

LVsanta1112_ARS0277_976790a.jpg

Ah, yeah!........ He gives stuff away to strangers for free.

William Penn

Timeline

Um, I said you were full of it. I said your "theory" ends in a dead end. Joseph did not give DNA to Jesus, according to your own beliefs, so looking for clues from his "family" is silly.

In all likelyhood Jesus resembled the other members of his mothers tribe. If you disagree, explain Why.

William Penn