shazy786

translation question (split topic)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

i am new here and trying to understand the process!

So whats the bottom line? I am a Naturalize Citizen, applying for my wife and two (1 and two years of age) kids. the kids birth certificates are already in english, will i be requiring to translate my wife birth certificate for her I-130 application. I mean now for USCIS or in future for interview etc?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i am new here and trying to understand the process!

So whats the bottom line? I am a Naturalize Citizen, applying for my wife and two (1 and two years of age) kids. the kids birth certificates are already in english, will i be requiring to translate my wife birth certificate for her I-130 application. I mean now for USCIS or in future for interview etc?

Not enough information. No, your wife's birth certificate is not sent to USCIS with the I-130 (a "petition" not an "application" for anything). Later, at NVC, you will provide your wife's birth certificate. Whether it needs to be translated or not depends on whether it is already in the local language where she will interview. This is why it is important to complete your profile. Where was she born? Where will she interview for the visa?

Yes, you will send the children's birth certificates to USCIS, for two reasons. One to show they are your MUTUAL children and second to show their relationship to your wife.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Dear pushbrk, thanks for your response. Ok the wife is born in middle east but resuding in pakistan and thats is where she will be appearing for interview. I hav just filled the documents and wondering about the supporting documents. Upill now I hav copies of mariage certificate, kids birth certificates and a will to do it soonest possible and in a appropriate manner

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Posts split into separate thread as poster is asking about their own situation and not replying to the OP of the other thread.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Dear pushbrk, thanks for your response. Ok the wife is born in middle east but resuding in pakistan and thats is where she will be appearing for interview. I hav just filled the documents and wondering about the supporting documents. Upill now I hav copies of mariage certificate, kids birth certificates and a will to do it soonest possible and in a appropriate manner

Are the "middle east" documents in the local language of Islamabad? If not, then at the NVC stage, they must be translated to English. For USCIS, any required documents not in English should had certified translations to go with them.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks for the reply. Like my original (1) marriage paper is in local language, but then we can request a "Marriage Certificate" which is in both English and Urdu (Local) language (2) we have that one. I also have the (3) True certified English translation of my original marriage certificate. So what should I do send the all three? or??

Also as I am almost ready to send the documents. I understand that I need to send separate I-130 petitions for my wife and two kids (2 yr old and 6 month old). So is it ok to send the documents in one package envelope or needs to be send separately.

I apologize if its confusing

I am almost ready to send the documents. I understand that I need to send separate I-130 petitions for my wife and two kids (2 yr old and 6 month old). So is it ok to send the documents in one package envelope (one registered mail with 3 seprate folders or needs to be send separately as three packages?

please advise how to start as a new topic or question

Timeline

I am almost ready to send the documents. I understand that I need to send separate I-130 petitions for my wife and two kids (2 yr old and 6 month old). So is it ok to send the documents in one package envelope (one registered mail with 3 seprate folders or needs to be send separately as three packages?

please advise how to start as a new topic or question

If you want it to take a very long time to arrive, go ahead and send it registered mail. I advise using Priority Mail, no signature, not certified, not registered.

Don't use folders. Just put a big paper clip or binder clip on each of the three packages. Place the spouse package on top, followed by the oldest then youngest child's packages. Us the right size free Priority Mail envelope from the US Post Office.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

If you want it to take a very long time to arrive, go ahead and send it registered mail. I advise using Priority Mail, no signature, not certified, not registered.

Don't use folders. Just put a big paper clip or binder clip on each of the three packages. Place the spouse package on top, followed by the oldest then youngest child's packages. Us the right size free Priority Mail envelope from the US Post Office.

Thanks for the reply, i am sorry as i did not got your reply till the evening and no reply since i first put it like last week! so i send it through a priority mail but usps lady asked me to add signature confirmation and i said ok

i hope its not a big mistake

Timeline

Thanks for the reply, i am sorry as i did not got your reply till the evening and no reply since i first put it like last week! so i send it through a priority mail but usps lady asked me to add signature confirmation and i said ok

i hope its not a big mistake

It cost you one day. No worries.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 2 weeks later...

It cost you one day. No worries.

Hello "pushbrk", today i received the the receipt notice for my spouse and kids. I did a terrible mistake some how got the wrong place of birth on I130 for my wife. i called them to make the correction. will they update the information or??? i am worried please advise

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello "pushbrk", today i received the the receipt notice for my spouse and kids. I did a terrible mistake some how got the wrong place of birth on I130 for my wife. i called them to make the correction. will they update the information or??? i am worried please advise

You will have the opportunity to correct this on the DS-260.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Just how "wrong" was the birthplace. For example, one of my daughters was born in a hospital in a neighboring city. Years later, I still remember it was Barrington, IL instead of Woodstock, IL where we lived at the time. If I had put Woodstock instead, it wouldn't have been a problem. Had I indicated she was born in Canada, THAT would have been a problem.

If it's not a huge mistake, I wouldn't worry about it. Just get it right on future documents.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.