Pete82

Interview Questions

35 posts in this topic

Ah.. so we submitted the DS-160 online but part of the process is to also email them back some forms (DS-160, DS-2001, 2 visa photo, and a copy of her passport). We submitted the DS-160 online however at the end of the online form, you need to print it out so you can snail mail it to them.

However when I say we had to bring package #3, it was the i-129F form that they sent to my fiancee where they stamp it "Approve" and also there was a cover letter that indicated the HCM #.

Let me know if that make sense. If it doesn't then i can take a screen shot of the form for you.

Thanks for the clarification, Pete.

I'm Condo shopping right now and i'm trying to bid for this one place which is really close to a community college. Basically she could walk there which would take 5 minutes. I am thinking to get her a scooter since she already knows how to drive that until she gets her Associate degree. Once she gets her AA degree then I'll get her a mercedes as a present. =)

Are you sure getting her a scooter is a good idea in the states? Half the people in Cali can't drive and don't pay attention to things around them. All of the motorcycles are loud as well and those guys even get hit. Get her the new 6x6 G wagon whenever the states ever approve that beast, definitely safe and bullet proof from danger.

Congrats on the approval.

Edited by jerezblack

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you sure getting her a scooter is a good idea in the states? Half the people in Cali can't drive and don't pay attention to things around them. All of the motorcycles are loud as well and those guys even get hit. Get her the new 6x6 G wagon whenever the states ever approve that beast, definitely safe and bullet proof from danger.

Congrats on the approval.

You have a point. I didn't bid the house because it was a short sale. I'm bidding on another house right now. I will have to find her night classes for english for her to start off. Most likely I will take her to class.

G wagon... haha. I can't afford that right now. I'm super poor even with the money I make. We only have a single income which is from me. I have to buy a condo which is going to stretch my money thin and plus I need to pay back on the Credit Card bills from my VN trip and also from the engagement ring. Then i need to save for our wedding which would be in 1-2 years. Most likely I will have to save up and buy her a $10K car for now and we can look at a better car after she gets her associate degree and starts working

It's going to be tough for the next 2 years while I support her to go to school but we will manage. We will just live poor for the 1st 2 years and hopefully I won't lose my job in the time being.

Thanks for the congrats. Now we can start our life together. No more Visa stress. Now its money stress... lol.

Also i notice that you are also from San Diego like me. You understand the cost of living in San Diego. It is not cheap especially when you have to do it on your own without your parents support.

regards,

Pete

Edited by Pete82

11/05/2013 - Sent I-129F Form

11/13/2013 - cash checked

11/18/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA1

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

12/12/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA2 (Approved!)

01/14/2014 - fiancée received package #3

01/21/2014 - Package #3 sent

01/22/2014 - Consulate received Packaged #3

02/24/2014 - HSBC bank payment completed

03/11/2014 - Medical Exam + Shots completed

03/21/2014 - interview date

03/21/2014 - Approved!

03/28/2014 - Visa delivered

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN
05/11/2014 - Bring my fiancée back to the US

I would be careful on short sales. Sometimes the houses has 2-3 banks and it ends up being a really long stretched out process. A short sale per say is better than a foreclosure just bc the owners don't damage much at all and they get money to move out.

Look at www.sdlookup.com for homes in your area you want to live in to see the options you have. Most agents just give you a list with the criteria and it goes on auto pilot without really looking through them.

You survived the lay offs thus far with Sony, I don't think you are in trouble.

Timeline

I would be careful on short sales. Sometimes the houses has 2-3 banks and it ends up being a really long stretched out process. A short sale per say is better than a foreclosure just bc the owners don't damage much at all and they get money to move out.

Look at www.sdlookup.com for homes in your area you want to live in to see the options you have. Most agents just give you a list with the criteria and it goes on auto pilot without really looking through them.

You survived the lay offs thus far with Sony, I don't think you are in trouble.

Yeah that is one of the reason why i skipped it due to the time constraint and plus its really far (35 minutes from work). I'm bidding on a 2br in Escondido which is really close where I am at for the time being. Thanks for the URL. Asking price is 165K and i submitted an offer for 160K. about 2 months on the market and there is one other person submitting an offer today as well. 160K is my max therefore I couldn't go 165K. I won't know until the next few days if i get it. Crosses finger.

Yes I barely survived the mass layoffs. I'm in the VAIO Division and we just sold the VAIO division i'm just in a team to close out and hopefully I merge into a different division in 2 years.

Whats your status with your fiancee?

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Oh wow, they did sell off the laptop division..eekkk!! I heard about the TV division selling off, but I didn't know they sold off the VAIO also. My buddy works in the playstation division and even he is on his toes right now. You should look at Yahoo! as they are located in Carlsbad which isn't that bad of a drive, but there is alot of tech firms in the area and look at Qualcomm, they have been pretty solid from the past to present. No lay offs, but no raises either but better to have money than no money at all. I know AT&T has been growing like crazy fast in San Diego.

Have you looked a little more south of escondido, like scripps ranch, mira mesa, rancho penasquitos, and those areas. You can always get a fast trak and hop on that to Sony as well as it would be in an area where there is some viet people so your fiance won't feel outcasted per say. Have you consider renting for a bit until you get settled in than jumping into a mortgage? I wouldn't stretch the money if you can rent and be more happy. Unemployment is at 3 months until they contact you as they are way behind, so think of that also. Friend of mine is laid off also and depressed as heck.

I am waiting until Apr 2 until I hear mine....uuggghhh.

Timeline

Oh wow, they did sell off the laptop division..eekkk!! I heard about the TV division selling off, but I didn't know they sold off the VAIO also. My buddy works in the playstation division and even he is on his toes right now. You should look at Yahoo! as they are located in Carlsbad which isn't that bad of a drive, but there is alot of tech firms in the area and look at Qualcomm, they have been pretty solid from the past to present. No lay offs, but no raises either but better to have money than no money at all. I know AT&T has been growing like crazy fast in San Diego.

Have you looked a little more south of escondido, like scripps ranch, mira mesa, rancho penasquitos, and those areas. You can always get a fast trak and hop on that to Sony as well as it would be in an area where there is some viet people so your fiance won't feel outcasted per say. Have you consider renting for a bit until you get settled in than jumping into a mortgage? I wouldn't stretch the money if you can rent and be more happy. Unemployment is at 3 months until they contact you as they are way behind, so think of that also. Friend of mine is laid off also and depressed as heck.

We didn't sell the TV division. We just made the TV division its own entity so less red tape so it can move faster in decision making however I would predict that Sony would sell the TV division if TV continues to do bad the next few years.

Thanks for the heads up for the other companies. I keep my eye out if my situation gets worst. Right now its pretty secured for at least 2 years. If i get layed off then my package will be really good. Good enough to survive a whole year or so.

Playstation group should be safe. Safe for like 10 years unless your friend is in the call center. Call Center can always be outsource to manila. I'm just going to wait it out since the layoff package will really sweet.

Yes I have looked at scripps ranch, mira mesa, and PQ. I am original from PQ (Rancho penasquitos) and I graduate from mount carmel. Those place is so damn expensive. Its like at least 180K and up. My max is 160K and still have some saving each month. Trust me, I rather move to scripps, mira mesa or PQ but I can't afford it right now. I'm doing the best i can because I have no financial support from my parents. My mom has dis-own me because i'm marrying someone from vietnam but its my choice and i will live with it.

Currently i'm renting a 2 br apartment with a room mate. worst case if i cant get a house now then my fiancee and I will stay at this apartment and i'll switch to the master bedroom but i will have to pay more. 2nd option is to get another apartment which would be a 1 br. I'm not really comfortable with having my future wife with my room mate. He is good guy but i don't know him well. found him on craigs list after i was force to move out from my mom due to my engagement with my fiancee.

If i get a separate apartment then i will be stuck on a 1 year lease which would complete suspend my condo search. Renting an apartment would be equal or more than buying a mortgage. 1 br apartment is going to be at least $1k a month. $150K condo will only be 1K a month which includes the HOA fees.

Yeah.. so those are my options. A little nervous right now. I will need in 2 days if they accept my $160K offer. crosses finger.

Sorry about your friend who got laid off. I know its tough these days. You really need to be a super star to get another high paying job these days.

Good luck on April 2nd for your interview. I compile lots of questions which I reviewed with my fiancee. I've uploaded to this post. Take a look and i recommend that you go through them with your fiancee. I recommend you go through them with her a few times and also the night before her interview.

Does she have an engagement ring? Make sure she wears it! if she has one.

What part of San Diego are staying? Do you have your own place which you and your fiancee with stay? Sorry not trying to be noisy. Just trying to see how others are doing it with their future wife so I can learn a thing or two.

Regards,

Pete

Interview Questions 2.txt

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Timeline

I wanted to say congrats on your journey. It was great that you posted the interview and questions to help others here. Also if you can still come and check in now and again and help others that come along woud be most welcome. Experienced members are very valuable.

I have been along the journey for awhile and the first few years were hard working all around but most rewarding. I am sure from seeing your posts that you will have an even more enriching experiences than I have had. I wish you both a great and long life. God bless.

P.S. Dont worry about the Mom.

We didn't sell the TV division. We just made the TV division its own entity so less red tape so it can move faster in decision making however I would predict that Sony would sell the TV division if TV continues to do bad the next few years.

Thanks for the heads up for the other companies. I keep my eye out if my situation gets worst. Right now its pretty secured for at least 2 years. If i get layed off then my package will be really good. Good enough to survive a whole year or so.

Playstation group should be safe. Safe for like 10 years unless your friend is in the call center. Call Center can always be outsource to manila. I'm just going to wait it out since the layoff package will really sweet.

Yes I have looked at scripps ranch, mira mesa, and PQ. I am original from PQ (Rancho penasquitos) and I graduate from mount carmel. Those place is so damn expensive. Its like at least 180K and up. My max is 160K and still have some saving each month. Trust me, I rather move to scripps, mira mesa or PQ but I can't afford it right now. I'm doing the best i can because I have no financial support from my parents. My mom has dis-own me because i'm marrying someone from vietnam but its my choice and i will live with it.

Currently i'm renting a 2 br apartment with a room mate. worst case if i cant get a house now then my fiancee and I will stay at this apartment and i'll switch to the master bedroom but i will have to pay more. 2nd option is to get another apartment which would be a 1 br. I'm not really comfortable with having my future wife with my room mate. He is good guy but i don't know him well. found him on craigs list after i was force to move out from my mom due to my engagement with my fiancee.

If i get a separate apartment then i will be stuck on a 1 year lease which would complete suspend my condo search. Renting an apartment would be equal or more than buying a mortgage. 1 br apartment is going to be at least $1k a month. $150K condo will only be 1K a month which includes the HOA fees.

Yeah.. so those are my options. A little nervous right now. I will need in 2 days if they accept my $160K offer. crosses finger.

Sorry about your friend who got laid off. I know its tough these days. You really need to be a super star to get another high paying job these days.

Good luck on April 2nd for your interview. I compile lots of questions which I reviewed with my fiancee. I've uploaded to this post. Take a look and i recommend that you go through them with your fiancee. I recommend you go through them with her a few times and also the night before her interview.

Does she have an engagement ring? Make sure she wears it! if she has one.

What part of San Diego are staying? Do you have your own place which you and your fiancee with stay? Sorry not trying to be noisy. Just trying to see how others are doing it with their future wife so I can learn a thing or two.

Regards,

Pete

Edited by luckytxn

Timeline

Thanks OP. Your post is super helpful, as always. Congratulations on the approval and best of luck for a happy life together forever :)

We are interviewing on April 2nd too. Good luck jerezblk :)

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just wanted to share some interview questions where my fiancee has to answer:

Can I see your photos?

Where does your finance work?

What does he do for a living?

When did you finance go the United States?

What language do you speak with your fiancé?

Have you or your fiancé been married before?

Do you or your finance have kids?

Who introduce you guys to each other?

When did you meet your fiancé?

How many times did you fiancé visit you?

What was the last time your fiancé visit you?

Why didn't you guys have a wedding in Vietnam?

By the way.. she passed! Woot!

Note: You can look at my timeline to read the review of the consulate. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

My wife she passed interview last night

Timeline

Congrats! Can you share her interview questions ? It might help other members here

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Can you share the interview experience like Pete82 ?

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.