TeddyB

March 2014 i-130 filers

932 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Quick questions about "Certified copy of birth certificate".

I'm debating of sending original or certified birth certificate of my wife. We went and got a copy of her birth certificate at the place where original was issued, but they just simply made a copy on regular paper and stamped it to certify. Do you thing NVC will take this?

Another question, if we do have to send the original birth certificate which we do have, will we get it back?

hjY2m7.png

03/11/14 - I130 sent to Phoenix Lockbox
03/14/14 - I130 delivered
03/17/14 - NOA1 received, case routed to Nebraska Service Center
09/03/14 - NOA2 received, case sent to NVC
09/10/14 - Package shipped to NVC
10/01/14 - Package scanned at NVC (no case number yet)
10/15/14 - Received case number and invoice number
10/24/14 - Complete and submitted DS-261
11/03/14 - Received AOS bill and IV bill
11/05/14 - Paid both AOS bill and IV bill
11/06/14 - Complete and submitted DS-260

01/14/15 - Email received with interview date for 02/18/15

02/18/15 - Interviewed and APPROVED!!
02/21/15 - Visa and passport received in the mail.

04/15/15 - POE

-------------------

01/15/17 - I-751 sent to CSC.

02/09/17 - NOA Received, conditional resident status extended 1 year.

03/09/17 - Biometric completed.

03/01/18 - I-551 stamped at local office.

04/05/18 - Receive notice that case transferred to local office.

08/03/18 - Received RFE notice in the mail.

09/10/18 - Mailed out RFE package.

09/13/18 - RFE packaged received at Nebraska office.

09/21/18 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".

09/24/18 - Status changed to "Case was Approved".

Can u please tell me what is the exact papers u sent in aos and iv packages?

Hi, I really dont know, we gave the lawyer all the papers back in March so she sent some to uscis and now some to nvc, but what I can tell you is we translate everything, notarized, certificed, by eerything I mean, birth certificaed, police clerance from Mexico, we include a resident card from my hometown, notarized copy or marriage license, we got married in Az. Check stubs of my hubby last 6.

Once you get your caae number and you can get on the website all the instructions will be there and its easy. What u can do in advance its the translation/notarized.

NOA1 I130 - March 20 2014 TSC
NOA2 I130 - August 20 TSC
Sent to NVC August 27 from TSC
Received - September 15
Case Number and IIN - September 17
AOS/IV FEE -Sept 17
PAID - Sept 17
Ds260 Complete- Sept 25
Package sent Sept 30
Scan Date Oct 2
Case Complete - November 25 :dancing:

Interview: January 28 APPROOOVEDDDD!!

Visa Issued: January 28

Finally Home (L) : Feb/7/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Tenzy,

I have been in the NVC proceeding phase of my visa journey. We are supposed to send the IV packet and I had a question regarding it,if you could address it. The visa website (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html) States that one must obtain the original or certified documents - be it birth certificate or police clearance or marriage certificate. This is a little confusing to me and my husband as we are following the process on our own without an attorney. Does it mean that we have to submit the original documents ? What does certified copies mean here? Does it mean that I get my documents attested or certified by a gazetted officer? Also, the link above states that :

Important: If we asked for an original or certified copy you must send the actual original or certified copy of the document to the NVC. You cannot submit a photocopy or a notarized photocopy as this will delay your case.

This confuses me a lot more as I am in India and my husband is in US. Does this mean that I have to mail original documents to him to complete the IV packet to be sent to NVC? I hope, if this is what I am supposed to do, will I not require thee original documents during my interview? Or will I get these original documents back?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

I'm also doing this process without an attorney. From what I understand, I think you are better off sending the original documents to NVC rather than Certified Copy (although it states on their website that you can sent either one). Certified Copy just means a copy of the original issued by the same issuer. For example- I think what you can do it go back to where your certificates were issued & ask them for another copy (I'm sure they can pull out from their records). The certified copies dont need to be notarized. They just need to be issued by the same issuer. (whatever it is in your case). And, you have to sent those documents to your husband (since these are important documents, I suggest you use the best method of mailing- FedEx is a good option) and Your husband needs to sent those documents to NVC.

Good luck to you guys :)

Petition for Alien relative (I-130); Case nature - CR-1 Spouse Visa USCIS: (6.3 months)12/18/2010 - Met on Facebook after 3 years (went to same school together before) 12/26/2013 - Got married in India (L)03/20/2014 - Sent package to USCIS03/25/2014 - NOA1 notice received (PD - 03/24/2014, Nebraska Service Center)08/26/2014 - RFE sent 08/30/2014 - RFE letter received by mail09/02/2014 - RFE reply sent09/05/2014 - Status changed to "RFE review"09/16/2014 - Sent e-service request09/17/2014 - Received email - Approved09/20/2014 - Received NOA2 in mail09/30/2014 - Received email about Address change? (Went back to Initial Review?) - USCIS said its a computer glitch10/01/2014 - Status changed to Acceptance (Duplicate notice sent out)10/06/2014 - Received duplicate NOA2 with new notice date - 10/01/201410/07/2014 - Status changed to Post-Decision Activity (Shipped to NVC) NVC: (4.0months)10/22/2014 - CASE received by NVC (confirmed by phone- will take 42 days to assign case #)11/13/2014 - received case # via email (welcome letter)11/14/2014 - DS-261 (choice of agent) completed12/01/2014 - AOS Invoice Received/Paid 12/02/2014 - IV Fee Received/Paid 12/06/2014 - AOS + IV Supporting Documents mailed 12/08/2014 - DS-260 Completed 12/09/2014 - AOS + IV Package Scan Date (received email on 12/11/2014)02/06/2015 - Checklist for PCC (False b/c called NVC and confirmed CC)02/12/2015 - Interview Letter03/05/2015 - BOMBAY - Interview on hubby's birthday. He was approved!!03/10/2015 - Picking up visa03/31/2015 - JFK, New York :) <p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Called nvc today, case has not been received. They said to all 4-6 weeks ?

130 PD: 3/31/14

129F PD: 4/25/14

!30 Approved: 9/5/14

129F Approved: 9/5/14

NVC Received: Anxiously waiting..

NVC Assigned Case #:

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello I'm new to this thread. My PD is 3/4/14 and in still waiting on news for me and my son to get back to my husband in the states. He is a lpr and we haven't heard anything since March. We tried calling but got no information. When we check online over the last few months it said 5-6 months is what it should take and now it's saying 10 months. I'm missing my hubby so much and I hope that we get some good news like the majority of this thread. It gives me a lot of hope. Hopefully the Vermont service centre will be making a decision on our case soon with the help of God xx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's a stressful time, we all been and going through it.

Say a little parayer and God will do everything. :)

Just have faith...

Hello I'm new to this thread. My PD is 3/4/14 and in still waiting on news for me and my son to get back to my husband in the states. He is a lpr and we haven't heard anything since March. We tried calling but got no information. When we check online over the last few months it said 5-6 months is what it should take and now it's saying 10 months. I'm missing my hubby so much and I hope that we get some good news like the majority of this thread. It gives me a lot of hope. Hopefully the Vermont service centre will be making a decision on our case soon with the help of God xx

Timeline

It's a stressful time, we all been and going through it.

Say a little parayer and God will do everything. :)

Just have faith...

Thank u so much.. I appreciate your reply and I definitely will ask God to help us all through his difficult process ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys its been a while since ive posted, hoping to get some insight on my case. Our NOA-1 priority date is Mar25 and is being processed at VSC. We waited the 5months that was listed average processing time for that service center but no luck. I submitted an inquiry and their response about a month later was that our case hasn't cleared all security checks at this time and cannot provide a specific date on which a final decision will be made. Very frustrating news to say the least, anybody in the same boat as us or have any idea what is happening over there? Thanks

Timeline

Hey guys its been a while since ive posted, hoping to get some insight on my case. Our NOA-1 priority date is Mar25 and is being processed at VSC. We waited the 5months that was listed average processing time for that service center but no luck. I submitted an inquiry and their response about a month later was that our case hasn't cleared all security checks at this time and cannot provide a specific date on which a final decision will be made. Very frustrating news to say the least, anybody in the same boat as us or have any idea what is happening over there? Thanks

I'm in the same boat as u.. My PD is the 3/4 and still haven't heard a word from the vsc.. I sent off a request so hoping to hear anything soon as I'm so tired of waiting

Timeline

I'm in the same boat as u.. My PD is the 3/4 and still haven't heard a word from the vsc.. I sent off a request so hoping to hear anything soon as I'm so tired of waiting

Thanks for sharing Marie12, are you have the same security check issue?

Timeline

Thanks for sharing Marie12, are you have the same security check issue?

No not that I know of I just keep getting told my case is still in initial review.. How long after you asked for a service request did you get notified?

Timeline

No not that I know of I just keep getting told my case is still in initial review.. How long after you asked for a service request did you get notified?

I submitted the service request on Sep 4 and we got an emailed reply on Sept 25, 3 weeks exactly

Timeline

I submitted the service request on Sep 4 and we got an emailed reply on Sept 25, 3 weeks exactly

Thanks a million for letting me know I guess it's all a waiting game for all of us.. I hope u get some good news soon ?

Hi guys I'm new on this forum im from the Vermont service center my pd is 3/31 I was approved on 9/19 what should I do now should I wait for them to send me a letter from nvc or should I give them a call?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.