TeddyB

March 2014 i-130 filers

932 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning All

Can someone tell me if I should call uscis to know if my paper work was sent out to nvc or should I just wait for the letter?

I got approved on 9/19

I got approved 9/5 and a letter stating that the petition was shipped on 9/10. I think the 25 days are for nvc to actually accept. I think uscis is still on time with sending out the petitions. I think you should call to make sure they were shipped out. What if they were not shipped! Ask for a confirmation notice!

130 PD: 3/31/14

129F PD: 4/25/14

!30 Approved: 9/5/14

129F Approved: 9/5/14

NVC Received: Anxiously waiting..

NVC Assigned Case #:

Timeline

Got approved on 09/17/2014 and received duplicate notice of approval today dated 10/01/2014..IDK which one to follow? the 09/17/2014 or the 10/01/2014? Ugh...I think my NVC process will be delayed cuz of this stupid duplicate notice...

I got duplicate approval notices too, however they both have the same approval dates. Our lawyer says uscis is a mess, i think nvc goes by the actual approval dates because thats what they ask me for when i call

NVC Assigned Case #:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got duplicate approval notices too, however they both have the same approval dates. Our lawyer says uscis is a mess, i think nvc goes by the actual approval dates because thats what they ask me for when i call

Thank you Tavotevi for your prompt response. I just got emailed today stating that my case is shipped to NVC. I know you still haven't recieved case # yet, when you said the 25 days wait period for NVC. Is the wait period for them to receive the package or does that period also include receiving package as well as assigning the case #? I'm really confused about that.

Thank you once again for your response. I'm kinda relieved now that my package has been shipped.

Petition for Alien relative (I-130); Case nature - CR-1 Spouse Visa USCIS: (6.3 months)12/18/2010 - Met on Facebook after 3 years (went to same school together before) 12/26/2013 - Got married in India (L)03/20/2014 - Sent package to USCIS03/25/2014 - NOA1 notice received (PD - 03/24/2014, Nebraska Service Center)08/26/2014 - RFE sent 08/30/2014 - RFE letter received by mail09/02/2014 - RFE reply sent09/05/2014 - Status changed to "RFE review"09/16/2014 - Sent e-service request09/17/2014 - Received email - Approved09/20/2014 - Received NOA2 in mail09/30/2014 - Received email about Address change? (Went back to Initial Review?) - USCIS said its a computer glitch10/01/2014 - Status changed to Acceptance (Duplicate notice sent out)10/06/2014 - Received duplicate NOA2 with new notice date - 10/01/201410/07/2014 - Status changed to Post-Decision Activity (Shipped to NVC) NVC: (4.0months)10/22/2014 - CASE received by NVC (confirmed by phone- will take 42 days to assign case #)11/13/2014 - received case # via email (welcome letter)11/14/2014 - DS-261 (choice of agent) completed12/01/2014 - AOS Invoice Received/Paid 12/02/2014 - IV Fee Received/Paid 12/06/2014 - AOS + IV Supporting Documents mailed 12/08/2014 - DS-260 Completed 12/09/2014 - AOS + IV Package Scan Date (received email on 12/11/2014)02/06/2015 - Checklist for PCC (False b/c called NVC and confirmed CC)02/12/2015 - Interview Letter03/05/2015 - BOMBAY - Interview on hubby's birthday. He was approved!!03/10/2015 - Picking up visa03/31/2015 - JFK, New York :) <p>

Timeline

Thats great news! I wonder why they took so long to ship it, sadly by what i see on other timelines it takes 25 days for nvc to receive and a few days after they give u a case #

...ive notice it takes a few days not too many...

NVC Assigned Case #:

Timeline

Hi guys,

My husband sent the AOS and IV documents last week and I just received an email from NVC stating that due to increased number of approvals, the waiting time for them to review our application is going to be around 60 days. This means that I am going to be in India for another 3 months as the interview and medical will happen only after NVC notifies us further. This waiting game is really killing all our plans.

Has anyone else received such correspondence from NVC? Will the wait really be this long?

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys can u help me. My PD is 3/4/2014 and I haven't hear anything yet.. I just checked my status and nothing has changed but when I checked the processing times and it said the vsc processing times are gone up to 24.2 months! When I got my PD it said I would be waiting 5.5 months.. Do I go with the 5.5 months or do I have to wait longer than I expected!!! I'm freaking out can someone please help.. My husband is a lpr..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thats great news! I wonder why they took so long to ship it, sadly by what i see on other timelines it takes 25 days for nvc to receive and a few days after they give u a case #

I just called and they received my case on October 2nd. He told me I need to wait an additional 42 days for them to enter it into thier system. I really feel sick right now. :(

Please let me know what they tell you when you call.

10-30-13/ Married in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (L)

3-7-14/NOA1

5-24-14/ Travelled to Volgograd, Russia to see my hubby (L)

9-5-14/ NOA2

10-2-14/ NVC Received

10-16-14/ Case# IIN

10-17-14/ DS-261 completed

10-21-14/ AOS Invoiced and Paid

10-23-14/ mailed AOS & IV packages together

10-24-14/ NVC Recieved - Scan date

10-28-14/ 60 Day email

10-30-14/ Happy 1 year Anniversary- celebrate via skype (L)

11-7-14/ IV Fee Paid

11-10-14/ DS260 Completed

12-16-14/ Case Complete/ NVC Confirmed via phone call/ CEAC shows N/A instead of PAID

12-23-14/ CC email confirmation

12-29-14/ Interview scheduled

12-30-14/ CEAC shows IN TRANSIT/ Received P4 Interview letter

1-12-15/ CEAC shows READY

2-03-15/ Medical

2-05-15 / Interview Moscow

2-05-15/ Approved!!!!

2-05-15/ CEAC shows ISSUED

Where are you guys calling to find out which date it was shipped to nvc because yesterday I called the uscis and the gentleman I spoke hardly answer my questions besides telling I was approved and all he said was that a lot of people were approved on September so they are backed up and I would have to wait from 30-90 days to get an answer from nvc I only wanted to know and make sure my paper work was already sent to nvc and the date it was sent out...

I'm so worried wouldn't want my papers to get lost

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Where are you guys calling to find out which date it was shipped to nvc because yesterday I called the uscis and the gentleman I spoke hardly answer my questions besides telling I was approved and all he said was that a lot of people were approved on September so they are backed up and I would have to wait from 30-90 days to get an answer from nvc I only wanted to know and make sure my paper work was already sent to nvc and the date it was sent out...

I'm so worried wouldn't want my papers to get lost

Mine was updated with post decision activity when I checked case status. Did you receive your notice in the mail yet? I waited two weeks and called nvc and then waited a couple more weeks after they told me 25 business days.

10-30-13/ Married in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (L)

3-7-14/NOA1

5-24-14/ Travelled to Volgograd, Russia to see my hubby (L)

9-5-14/ NOA2

10-2-14/ NVC Received

10-16-14/ Case# IIN

10-17-14/ DS-261 completed

10-21-14/ AOS Invoiced and Paid

10-23-14/ mailed AOS & IV packages together

10-24-14/ NVC Recieved - Scan date

10-28-14/ 60 Day email

10-30-14/ Happy 1 year Anniversary- celebrate via skype (L)

11-7-14/ IV Fee Paid

11-10-14/ DS260 Completed

12-16-14/ Case Complete/ NVC Confirmed via phone call/ CEAC shows N/A instead of PAID

12-23-14/ CC email confirmation

12-29-14/ Interview scheduled

12-30-14/ CEAC shows IN TRANSIT/ Received P4 Interview letter

1-12-15/ CEAC shows READY

2-03-15/ Medical

2-05-15 / Interview Moscow

2-05-15/ Approved!!!!

2-05-15/ CEAC shows ISSUED

Timeline

I just called and they received my case on October 2nd. He told me I need to wait an additional 42 days for them to enter it into thier system. I really feel sick right now. :(

Oh man bittersweet! Im glad it was received at least, i called on the 3rd and they hadnt received it, i will call tomorrow! 42 days!! Wth ??? i dont know what to think!!! I will definetly let you know... Siiigh

NVC Assigned Case #:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey! I was told yesterday that they received my case October 3rd and I should wait 25 to 30 days for them to enter it into their system and get a case number! I am just glad it finally got there! I was approved on August 11 and it took VSC 5 weeks so send it to the NVC, cause apparently they only send it out on September 16th! I have no idea why it was sitting there for so long! :angry:

I will keep calling the NVC and let you know! Hopefully it will be quicker than what they told us!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hi Everyone!!

It´s been forever since I´ve posted any updates. September was awful as there was a huge misunderstanding between my attorney and I and we wasted almost 3 weeks before submitting the DS260 and shipping docs to NVC. However, we are back on track. DS260 is submitted and AOS Package and Civil Docs sent. I was so confused because when you pay the fees and print the receipts it says you must submit paper version of visa application DS230 unless your case number starts with a few listed on there, mabe 3 or 4. I was under the impression my attorney has been taking care of this and I kept chasing him as he didnt ask for any of my info he didnt know to fill out the application, like last 10 yrs of employment, everywhere I´ve lived since age 16 and all of that. I dont know......apparently all applications are submitted only through form DS260, so the application had been sitting there since the end of August when I paid the fees when it could have been submitted long ago. I dont think it caused any delays though because the docs were sent on time and those have still not been reviewed. My attorney is usually really good estimating the processing times as he nailed it for USCIS CSC, 4 months. At the beginning he said it only takes 2-4 weeks for NVC to review docs but he did mention that they´re behind and are taking longer than expected. Of course when you call all they say is wait 60 days, I actually spoke to this girl the other day she was really nice and she said it could be completed in a few weeks, keep checking.

With all that said, all I am waiting for now is an interview date, and praying to God that I get no checklists or delays of any sort. My husband recenlty moved back to Boston to prep up , find a job, rent a place and a car. We´ve both been living abroad for the last three years. Now I´m a bit worried because he is my sponsor, my attorney said it didnt matter if he earned the money abroad he still filed US taxes and he submitted those and said it was perfect, we also sent last 12 paystubs and a letter from employer confirming his annual income. However, since he already quit that job and left I´m concerned because Im not sure if at the interview they will ask me why he left or how come he´s sponsoring me and no longer works there...idk...I asked my attorney and he said that the AOS is not so much to prove that he will financially support you, they only want to see that your sponsor is the type of person who wouldnt allow you to go and ask for welfare, they want to make sure the sponsor actively works and pays taxes and thats all they are looking for according to my attorney.

Now the wait, since I´m in Barcelona, I will have to go to the Madrid embassy for my interview. Spain is in the VWP for visitors so not a lot of visa processing goes on there, I am hoping for a inteview date soon as they shouldnt be that busy. We are also considering my husband flying back to Barcelona to come with me to the interview, just in case.

Check my signature below for progress and share your thoughts.

Good luck everyone and blessings.

David

Hi Everyone!!

It´s been forever since I´ve posted any updates. September was awful as there was a huge misunderstanding between my attorney and I and we wasted almost 3 weeks before submitting the DS260 and shipping docs to NVC. However, we are back on track. DS260 is submitted and AOS Package and Civil Docs sent. I was so confused because when you pay the fees and print the receipts it says you must submit paper version of visa application DS230 unless your case number starts with a few listed on there, mabe 3 or 4. I was under the impression my attorney has been taking care of this and I kept chasing him as he didnt ask for any of my info he didnt know to fill out the application, like last 10 yrs of employment, everywhere I´ve lived since age 16 and all of that. I dont know......apparently all applications are submitted only through form DS260, so the application had been sitting there since the end of August when I paid the fees when it could have been submitted long ago. I dont think it caused any delays though because the docs were sent on time and those have still not been reviewed. My attorney is usually really good estimating the processing times as he nailed it for USCIS CSC, 4 months. At the beginning he said it only takes 2-4 weeks for NVC to review docs but he did mention that they´re behind and are taking longer than expected. Of course when you call all they say is wait 60 days, I actually spoke to this girl the other day she was really nice and she said it could be completed in a few weeks, keep checking.

With all that said, all I am waiting for now is an interview date, and praying to God that I get no checklists or delays of any sort. My husband recenlty moved back to Boston to prep up , find a job, rent a place and a car. We´ve both been living abroad for the last three years. Now I´m a bit worried because he is my sponsor, my attorney said it didnt matter if he earned the money abroad he still filed US taxes and he submitted those and said it was perfect, we also sent last 12 paystubs and a letter from employer confirming his annual income. However, since he already quit that job and left I´m concerned because Im not sure if at the interview they will ask me why he left or how come he´s sponsoring me and no longer works there...idk...I asked my attorney and he said that the AOS is not so much to prove that he will financially support you, they only want to see that your sponsor is the type of person who wouldnt allow you to go and ask for welfare, they want to make sure the sponsor actively works and pays taxes and thats all they are looking for according to my attorney.

Now the wait, since I´m in Barcelona, I will have to go to the Madrid embassy for my interview. Spain is in the VWP for visitors so not a lot of visa processing goes on there, I am hoping for a inteview date soon as they shouldnt be that busy. We are also considering my husband flying back to Barcelona to come with me to the interview, just in case.

Check my signature below for progress and share your thoughts.

Good luck everyone and blessings.

David

Good luck to you on your interview process hope everything comes out smooth

Timeline

Yes, it sucks :( They took 3 weeks to ship. But I'm going by my 1st approval letter. As soon as it reaches 25 business days, I'm going to call NVC and ask them if they have received my file or not.

Petition for Alien relative (I-130); Case nature - CR-1 Spouse Visa USCIS: (6.3 months)12/18/2010 - Met on Facebook after 3 years (went to same school together before) 12/26/2013 - Got married in India (L)03/20/2014 - Sent package to USCIS03/25/2014 - NOA1 notice received (PD - 03/24/2014, Nebraska Service Center)08/26/2014 - RFE sent 08/30/2014 - RFE letter received by mail09/02/2014 - RFE reply sent09/05/2014 - Status changed to "RFE review"09/16/2014 - Sent e-service request09/17/2014 - Received email - Approved09/20/2014 - Received NOA2 in mail09/30/2014 - Received email about Address change? (Went back to Initial Review?) - USCIS said its a computer glitch10/01/2014 - Status changed to Acceptance (Duplicate notice sent out)10/06/2014 - Received duplicate NOA2 with new notice date - 10/01/201410/07/2014 - Status changed to Post-Decision Activity (Shipped to NVC) NVC: (4.0months)10/22/2014 - CASE received by NVC (confirmed by phone- will take 42 days to assign case #)11/13/2014 - received case # via email (welcome letter)11/14/2014 - DS-261 (choice of agent) completed12/01/2014 - AOS Invoice Received/Paid 12/02/2014 - IV Fee Received/Paid 12/06/2014 - AOS + IV Supporting Documents mailed 12/08/2014 - DS-260 Completed 12/09/2014 - AOS + IV Package Scan Date (received email on 12/11/2014)02/06/2015 - Checklist for PCC (False b/c called NVC and confirmed CC)02/12/2015 - Interview Letter03/05/2015 - BOMBAY - Interview on hubby's birthday. He was approved!!03/10/2015 - Picking up visa03/31/2015 - JFK, New York :) <p>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.