Vanitas

Nich-Nick is Missing in Action

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

To all you kind supporters:

Wow! Who knew anybody would miss me? I don't seek attention, controversy, or to be one of the popular kids. I just give from my heart to those I see struggling to be with their loved ones. For my entire life, if there is something I can do or share to help somebody, then I do it out of kindness.

I give hours daily to VJ because there is always just one more person who seems so sincere and needy that I hate to leave them hanging. So when I opened my iPad one evening to check on my people, I see I have been suspended for 24 hours. There is no reason why. I can't see anything...no threads, no mailbox, no profile, no click here. I was very deeply hurt by what felt like a kick in the teeth when I didn't do anything intentionally wrong. So I decided to move on. I don't fight back, and I don't play time-out games. I'm a volunteer. If it is hurtful, then walk away.

After maybe nine days away, I opened VJ again to check on progress of a couple of people I cared about. I had a PM from someone I was aware of as a regular that I don't normally interact with. It was about tax form 8938. So I replied that I was no longer posting on VJ, but if he still needed help I would be happy to discuss it by email. I guess he informed the UK posse. I didn't mean to cause a VJ bashing riot.

I want you to know that I have had very kind messages from the the Big Kahunas. They are caring people and provide an amazing service. As for me, this long period of not reading posts keeps my heart from being tugged. It's like going into Petco. If I don't go over to the cages of kitties up for adoption, then I am not tempted to bring one home. I just had a quick read of the UK forum, and there are many posts with incorrect info or uncertain replies that I could fine tune. You are correct that somebody with a six year history of a particular area has seen it all and can offer more than the blind leading the blind. But those people will work it out and get their visas, even it it takes a little longer, they make mistakes, or they stress a little more.

Meanwhile I have a long list of things to do for myself like finish clearing my desk so I can remember what color the wood is. Work is never as much fun for me as bringing comfort to a person in need, but I am going to give it a whirl and see how long I can stick to it.

Thank you all so much.

Whatever has happened aside. If there was one person to stick out in my mind from this Forum, it would be you.

Once seen, never forgotten, is an understatement.

You have been the most amazing, wonderful help here.

There have been times over the years, when you have responded to some of my posts and i cant thank you enough.

We have found it all to be a very daunting process and have and do feel helpless and totally un-knowledgeable at times .

My side of the process is all complete. Yay!

Unfortunately, there were some unavoidable delays for my Son and he did not emigrate with me.

When i emigrated alone, his passport with visa inside were returned to the US Embassy in London and they removed the Visa and returned his passport to him. Devastated was an under statement. Three very long years have now passed and i can now see the light at the end of that tunnel for us to be joined as a Family again.

We applied at the back end of last year to finally bring him over here. My Husband is sponsoring him, since he falls into the category for, official step child of American citizen. It feels like its taking forever. Other than the thanks for the cheque, we aint heard diddly squat back.

I try to search VJ for similar London cases, to see if i can get a time estimate indication, yet cant seem to find. This process has an uncanny knack of making me feel like a dumbus -.^

We have always been reassured, that if ever we had a question, help, was not far away aka you and others here in the UK section.

I sincerely hope you will pop your head in from time to time and continue to inject your knowledge in your extremely helpful postings.

and if not, well just know that there are folk who are deeply grateful and wont ever forget the help we got here.

I-129F Sent : 2009-10-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-20

Packet 3 Received : 2010-02-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-05-20

Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-23

Booked into Norman Bates Hotel: 2010-07-29

Medical : 2010-07-29 (4 letters issued >.<)

Interview Date : 2010-07-30 (pending medical results)

Email from Embassy: 2010-10-22 They confirm they have medical results, we are under final review.

Courier website : 2010-11-2 shows packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval! Or is it??! argh the suspense!

Visa Delivered <3 : 2010-11-3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! *cup of tea to celebrate*

US Entry (Dulles) : 2011-2-27 Hot Tomales time <3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I thought she was back, she just answered one of my questions. :)

Married 2013/05/24

.i130 sent. 2013/05/25.

NOAI rec'd. 2013/06/12.

Transferred to TSC. 2013/12/27.

NOA2 rec'd. 2014/01/27

NVC Rec'd 2014/02/11

IIN &case no. rec'd 2014/03/19

DS261submitted 2014/03/21

AOS invoice ready 2014/03/24

Ds260submitted. 2014/04/09

I130 in transit to embassy as per CEAC 2014/04/09

I130 rec'd in embassy 2014/04/11

Email with interview date 2014/04/11

letter with interview date and instructions 2014/04/15

Interview scheduled for 2014/04/29

VISA APPROVED!!! 2014/04/29.

Visa issued. 2014/05/02

Flight to Seattle. 2014/05/14!!!!

I129 sent. 2013/06/17NOA 1 rec'd. 2013/06/29NOA 2 rec'd. 2014/02/10NVC rec'd. 2014/02/11Rec'd by embassy. 2014/02/27Email from embassy with case no. and telling me how to proceed 2014/03/01Ds160 submitted online 2014/03/01medical scheduled for 2014/03/28Medical report received by embassy 2014/04/02Ceac status updated to ' READY' 2014/04/03 ( waiting for interview to be scheduled)Ceac status updated again!! 2014/04/08I129 will be closed and i130 being processed, 2014/04/09

Well, I'm also on my way out. As I just said to some other members, life's too short to be stressing out over an internet forum and frankly I'm tired of being treated like a retard by the Old Guard of the place.

Good luck to those of you going through the process.

"What's yours is mine!"

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Well, I'm also on my way out. As I just said to some other members, life's too short to be stressing out over an internet forum and frankly I'm tired of being treated like a retard by the Old Guard of the place.

To be treated like a retard, don't you have to have been treated like a tard in the first place? :huh:

But seriously, this place goes through phases, just like it is right now. If you want to bow out now, good luck to you and yours. Like other characters, you will be missed. :yes:

On the other hand, you could always stick around like me. ;). The peanuts in the gallery are tasty and I have hand grenades to lob into discussions when no-one expects. :hehe:

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You never know this place might improve, but thanks for the help you have given people in here.

So if that's Nich-Nick, Lost at Sea and Wheatley gone I really feel for the new K1 and DCF filers! Luckily for me I'm a CR1 filer and there never seemed to be an expert on that for the UK in here to lose :P

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Good luck to you all, I just hope I'm outta here very soon and have no problems along the way. :(

Married 2013/05/24

.i130 sent. 2013/05/25.

NOAI rec'd. 2013/06/12.

Transferred to TSC. 2013/12/27.

NOA2 rec'd. 2014/01/27

NVC Rec'd 2014/02/11

IIN &case no. rec'd 2014/03/19

DS261submitted 2014/03/21

AOS invoice ready 2014/03/24

Ds260submitted. 2014/04/09

I130 in transit to embassy as per CEAC 2014/04/09

I130 rec'd in embassy 2014/04/11

Email with interview date 2014/04/11

letter with interview date and instructions 2014/04/15

Interview scheduled for 2014/04/29

VISA APPROVED!!! 2014/04/29.

Visa issued. 2014/05/02

Flight to Seattle. 2014/05/14!!!!

I129 sent. 2013/06/17NOA 1 rec'd. 2013/06/29NOA 2 rec'd. 2014/02/10NVC rec'd. 2014/02/11Rec'd by embassy. 2014/02/27Email from embassy with case no. and telling me how to proceed 2014/03/01Ds160 submitted online 2014/03/01medical scheduled for 2014/03/28Medical report received by embassy 2014/04/02Ceac status updated to ' READY' 2014/04/03 ( waiting for interview to be scheduled)Ceac status updated again!! 2014/04/08I129 will be closed and i130 being processed, 2014/04/09

That's really unfortunate but I understand your reasons.

VJ lost some really knowledgeable members, hope things don't crash and burn in the UK forum too much...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I'm still here. I know jack sh!t about anything useful, but I'm still here. Six years and counting, no less.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.