Vanitas

Nich-Nick is Missing in Action

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So the mods removed my title and also threatened me with action if I continue this "crusade" as they consider it "inappropriate". Fun times.

To correct the misinformation here . . . the removed title contained a personal attack at another member and therefore was a TOS violation. The OP was warned not to post further such inappropriate comments - in other words 'don't violate the Terms of Service'. There were never threats - or any mention made - about not continuing this 'crusade'.

Nick Nich is a valuable member of Visa Journey. We all would like her to choose to return. If she does not, we will all lose by it. There is not a problem with people posting about being upset and missing her. What is a problem is when someone makes personal attacks against another member in the process, using inappropriate language or words.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

To correct the misinformation here . . . the removed title contained a personal attack at another member and therefore was a TOS violation. The OP was warned not to post further such inappropriate comments - in other words 'don't violate the Terms of Service'. There were never threats - or any mention made - about not continuing this 'crusade'.

Nick Nich is a valuable member of Visa Journey. We all would like her to choose to return. If she does not, we will all lose by it. There is not a problem with people posting about being upset and missing her. What is a problem is when someone makes personal attacks against another member in the process, using inappropriate language or words.

Thanks for your posts here and in the other thread, it's a shame some of the other mods don't ever explain their reasoning.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Not even a year ago if a mod thought somebody posted an inappropriate message they'd remove the post and leave a warning message. Now it seems it's instant action. It's definitely a less friendly, more impersonal place than it was when you poke around a bit.

Off topic, but omg you're alive!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One post removed for violating this tenet in the VJ Terms of Service:

"Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users."

and arguably two others besides. Despite differences of opinion, we can choose to disagree without being disagreeable.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Is someone actually reporting these TOS violations? I will give the benefit of the doubt that they were violations. Or is it done merely because some threads and/or posters draw the attention of mods but there is no reporting? Because there's been some personal attacks in P&R today. I don't know if anyone reported those, but just curious. Did someone report in here?

UK dudes, we're family. Let's keep it civil and let's keep it in the family.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hey, Nich, I just acknowledged my warning. First one in six years (I know, right!!!???) It's not so bad. Come on back now, ya hear? star_smile.gif

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

I've been following this whole mess and here is the problem that I have: Nich-Nick violated the TOS. Whether or not we agree with it we get it. But there was no warning. Her comment was deleted, fine, but an immediate suspension? Aren't we lucky this isn't how the real world operates!

It is a total failure on the mods' part to lose a member like Nich-Nick. I've seen 10x the amount of constructive contributions from her than from any of the mods. You guys seriously ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

08/01/2013 I-129F Sent via USPS Priority

08/07/2013 Delivered @ Texas Lockbox

08/10/2013 Check Cashed

08/12/2013 Email and text acceptance confirmation

08/16/2013 NOA1 hard copy received

09/04/2013 Alien Registration Number was changed

10/18/2013 NOA2 email received

10/25/2013 NOA2 hard copy received

01/21/2014 Medical at Knightsbridge

02/04/2014 Completed readiness form

02/05/2014 Medical results received by embassy

02/06/2014 CEAC status updated

02/14/2014 Letter received from embassy with interview date

02/14/2014 Paid visa and courier fee online

02/14/2014 Drafted an updated letter of intent to be notarized and sent to fiance as visa application will expire before interview date

03/12/2014 Interview at London - APPROVED!

03/18/2014 Visa in hand

04/28/2014 POE Orlando, FL

05/18/2014 Best day of our lives ❤️ Our wedding ❤️ 

08/05/2014 Submitted Adjustment of Status forms

08/07/2014 Forms delivered to Chicago dropbox

08/12/2014 NOA for both AoS forms at 11:52PM and 12:17AM 08/13/2014

08/26/2014 Walk-in to Tampa ASC - Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765 (set for 09/05/2014)

09/12/2014 Interview waiver notice received

07/10/2015 APPROVED for Greencard

05/15/2017 I-751 Sent via USPS Priority

05/18/2017 Delivered @ California Service Center

05/22/2017 NOA1 hard copy received

05/27/2017 NOA2 received with Biometrics appointment scheduled 06/06/2017

06/06/2017 Biometrics taken in Tampa for I-751

04/20/2018 N-400 filed online

04/20/2018 NOA for N-400 received online - Biometrics appointment scheduled 05/08/2018

04/26/2018 NOA for N-400 received by mail

05/08/2018 Biometrics appointment for N-400 at Tampa, FL

07/10/2018 N-400 Interview date notice received for 08/21/2018!

08/21/2018 RECOMMENDED for Citizenship

08/27/2018 Oath Ceremony date notice received for 09/14/2018!

09/14/2018 BECAME A US CITIZEN!!!!

Thank you VisaJourney ❤️ 

Timeline

Life is better today. Thanks for all you do.

To all you kind supporters:

Wow! Who knew anybody would miss me? I don't seek attention, controversy, or to be one of the popular kids. I just give from my heart to those I see struggling to be with their loved ones. For my entire life, if there is something I can do or share to help somebody, then I do it out of kindness.

I give hours daily to VJ because there is always just one more person who seems so sincere and needy that I hate to leave them hanging. So when I opened my iPad one evening to check on my people, I see I have been suspended for 24 hours. There is no reason why. I can't see anything...no threads, no mailbox, no profile, no click here. I was very deeply hurt by what felt like a kick in the teeth when I didn't do anything intentionally wrong. So I decided to move on. I don't fight back, and I don't play time-out games. I'm a volunteer. If it is hurtful, then walk away.

After maybe nine days away, I opened VJ again to check on progress of a couple of people I cared about. I had a PM from someone I was aware of as a regular that I don't normally interact with. It was about tax form 8938. So I replied that I was no longer posting on VJ, but if he still needed help I would be happy to discuss it by email. I guess he informed the UK posse. I didn't mean to cause a VJ bashing riot.

I want you to know that I have had very kind messages from the the Big Kahunas. They are caring people and provide an amazing service. As for me, this long period of not reading posts keeps my heart from being tugged. It's like going into Petco. If I don't go over to the cages of kitties up for adoption, then I am not tempted to bring one home. I just had a quick read of the UK forum, and there are many posts with incorrect info or uncertain replies that I could fine tune. You are correct that somebody with a six year history of a particular area has seen it all and can offer more than the blind leading the blind. But those people will work it out and get their visas, even it it takes a little longer, they make mistakes, or they stress a little more.

Meanwhile I have a long list of things to do for myself like finish clearing my desk so I can remember what color the wood is. Work is never as much fun for me as bringing comfort to a person in need, but I am going to give it a whirl and see how long I can stick to it.

Thank you all so much.

The UK forum is going to be a much worse place without her.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

The UK forum is going to be a much worse place without her.

It'll be alright. She wouldn't go if she didn't know that. :)

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

To all you kind supporters:

Wow! Who knew anybody would miss me? I don't seek attention, controversy, or to be one of the popular kids. I just give from my heart to those I see struggling to be with their loved ones. For my entire life, if there is something I can do or share to help somebody, then I do it out of kindness.

I give hours daily to VJ because there is always just one more person who seems so sincere and needy that I hate to leave them hanging. So when I opened my iPad one evening to check on my people, I see I have been suspended for 24 hours. There is no reason why. I can't see anything...no threads, no mailbox, no profile, no click here. I was very deeply hurt by what felt like a kick in the teeth when I didn't do anything intentionally wrong. So I decided to move on. I don't fight back, and I don't play time-out games. I'm a volunteer. If it is hurtful, then walk away.

After maybe nine days away, I opened VJ again to check on progress of a couple of people I cared about. I had a PM from someone I was aware of as a regular that I don't normally interact with. It was about tax form 8938. So I replied that I was no longer posting on VJ, but if he still needed help I would be happy to discuss it by email. I guess he informed the UK posse. I didn't mean to cause a VJ bashing riot.

I want you to know that I have had very kind messages from the the Big Kahunas. They are caring people and provide an amazing service. As for me, this long period of not reading posts keeps my heart from being tugged. It's like going into Petco. If I don't go over to the cages of kitties up for adoption, then I am not tempted to bring one home. I just had a quick read of the UK forum, and there are many posts with incorrect info or uncertain replies that I could fine tune. You are correct that somebody with a six year history of a particular area has seen it all and can offer more than the blind leading the blind. But those people will work it out and get their visas, even it it takes a little longer, they make mistakes, or they stress a little more.

Meanwhile I have a long list of things to do for myself like finish clearing my desk so I can remember what color the wood is. Work is never as much fun for me as bringing comfort to a person in need, but I am going to give it a whirl and see how long I can stick to it.

Thank you all so much.

I'll keep the light on for you. In the meantime, I guess someone needs to help the new K1s and it might as well be me for the time being, until something takes me away. Not like I have much else to do apart from paint models, and those are nearly all done.

"What's yours is mine!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.