diws143

WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO SCHEDULE INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone :)

I am just wondering, when is the best time of the month we can schedule for the interview? We just got our case number last March 13, 2014. Been trying to schedule an interview appointment online but no luck "THERE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT SLOTS" been trying to schedule since then.. always in the site almost every 2 hours! Also I tried calling US embassy Manila (Philippines) but there is no agent answered the phone!

So i wonder if this will continue til the next months??? OMG i cannot wait anymore. just wanna be with my fiance.

Thanks to those who answer :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Phil Regional Discussion~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

There's really no best time. You just have to keep checking the website since someone is bound to cancel their appointment or slots will eventually open up. Good luck

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone smile.png

I am just wondering, when is the best time of the month we can schedule for the interview? We just got our case number last March 13, 2014. Been trying to schedule an interview appointment online but no luck "THERE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT SLOTS" been trying to schedule since then.. always in the site almost every 2 hours! Also I tried calling US embassy Manila (Philippines) but there is no agent answered the phone!

So i wonder if this will continue til the next months??? OMG i cannot wait anymore. just wanna be with my fiance.

Thanks to those who answer smile.png

You are just as well to schedule online, even if you call the embassy and get an agent they will look at the same calendar you see online. Openings pop up randomly, someone may cancel and suddenly there is an opening, of course just as suddenly it can disappear again as someone grabs it. I know some almost live on the scheduling website watching for an opening to pop up, at least until they get the message they have used up there limit of visits for the day. Stay vigilant

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello, this is my first post ever...so kindly bear with me.

Well, in my case...i tried finishing my interview appointment schedule and to my dismay, it came back with the "no slots available" notice.

And because ive read somewhere that we should ignore those notices and refresh the page every now and then....i reloaded page until i got blocked saying "You have exceeded the limit for viewing this page and your limit will be reset as of tomorrow."

I feel like its quite inconsiderate of them to be blocking people from the website , because scheduling is an important part of the whole visa process. I dont get why they should prevent us from accessing the calendar ...like they can just control ordinary people like myself to quit looking at available dates. My freedom to view available dates have been taken away from me.

And so now, I would have to wait for 24hrs just so I can view available dates again? The customer service reps are misinformed. They would tell you that they dont know when a new schedule/date is going to pop-up? So they are advertising about phone appointments but still the phone appointments are irrelevant as they would still give us/you the link to the more useless website that doesnt even let you finish the whole damn online appointment thingy...so im stuck with the "Schedule Consular Appointment" part that doesnt seem to be working out well. Some people around the forums say that after 4 hrs, the error will disappear...also the lady from the Customer Service ai talked to earlier said that I should try and try...try and try until my thumb explode?

They really expect us to be infront of our computers all the time, 24/7 and do nothing but wait for dates to pop-up from our account calendar...? So inconsiderate of them. How about those who doesnt have access to the internet all the time? Im sorry to sound upset.

I was supposed to have my medical exam this coming March 26 and 27 but i guess i have to cancel my flight. Ah, i guess I just had a lot of things to whine about...

Another thing i would like to know about is how many times were allowed to reschedule... i hope someone could answer my query... thank you.

●♥Abie♥●

1MyaVLKYfTvEpQtgrkNQAkp5qv35r0_thumb.jpg

Timeline

HELLLO EVERYONE!

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes i find this whole schedule appointment thing sooo stressful! been in that schedule appointment site every 2 hrs but no luck :(

justabie0910, on 20 Mar 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

Well, in my case...i tried finishing my interview appointment schedule and to my dismay, it came back with the "no slots available" notice.

And because ive read somewhere that we should ignore those notices and refresh the page every now and then....i reloaded page until i got blocked saying "You have exceeded the limit for viewing this page and your limit will be reset as of tomorrow."

I feel like its quite inconsiderate of them to be blocking people from the website , because scheduling is an important part of the whole visa process. I dont get why they should prevent us from accessing the calendar ...like they can just control ordinary people like myself to quit looking at available dates. My freedom to view available dates have been taken away from me.

And so now, I would have to wait for 24hrs just so I can view available dates again? The customer service reps are misinformed. They would tell you that they dont know when a new schedule/date is going to pop-up? So they are advertising about phone appointments but still the phone appointments are irrelevant as they would still give us/you the link to the more useless website that doesnt even let you finish the whole damn online appointment thingy...so im stuck with the "Schedule Consular Appointment" part that doesnt seem to be working out well. Some people around the forums say that after 4 hrs, the error will disappear...also the lady from the Customer Service ai talked to earlier said that I should try and try...try and try until my thumb explode?

They really expect us to be infront of our computers all the time, 24/7 and do nothing but wait for dates to pop-up from our account calendar...? So inconsiderate of them. How about those who doesnt have access to the internet all the time? Im sorry to sound upset.

I was supposed to have my medical exam this coming March 26 and 27 but i guess i have to cancel my flight. Ah, i guess I just had a lot of things to whine about...

Another thing i would like to know about is how many times were allowed to reschedule... i hope someone could answer my query... thank you.

●♥Abie♥●

No one can explain why the reasoning behind the policies that are being used for the appointment scheduling. But a little insight I'd like to offer for whatever it is worth. Since you have not gone through the actual interview at the USEM let me explain that there are thousands of people going through the interview each and every day they are open. I was amazed at how many people get served in ONE day. You multiply that by the number of days they are open and the number is astronomical.

I for one take my hat off to them as they seem to have a good process to get that many people served. It's not perfect but it is what it is.

You may not like what is happening to you at this time but you will see for yourself on that day of your interview.

Don't be frustrated. Have more patience as you are only at the beginning of your journey. Just think, after arriving in USA there is so much more to do; Marriage, SS, Driver's license, AOS, EAD etc. etc.

BTW, I am not saying it is not stressful nor have any one of us not felt what you have expressed but like I said, it's what it is and to get to the next level, you have to play by their rules. We are all in the same boat so ask any questions and we will try and help in any way we can. A lot of experience resides here on VJ. Good people trying to help you and others.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

●♥Abie♥●

You are allowed to reschedule TWICE.

After that, you have to pay the visa fee again AND have to wait 60 days till you can look to schedule

Or K-1 Visa Journey:

- November 9th, 2013 : Sent I-129f package (FedEx)

- November 15th, 2013: Check was Cashed

- November 15th, 2013: NOA1 e-mail notification (TSC) smile.png

- November 21st, 2013: NOA1 Hard Copy arrived. (Official Notification Date - Nov 14th)

- November 21st, 2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

- February 7th, 2014: NOA2 received by text & email!! (85 days from NOA1 to NOA2) dancin5hr.gif heart.gif

- February 13th, 2014 (14th in Philippines...Happy Valentine's Day Surprise Babe!!rose.gif heart.gif ): I-129F shipped to Dept. of State to receive visa #

- February 14th, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received.... Happy Valentine's Day!

- February 21st, 2014: NVC assigns visa number. Can now schedule online, interview for fiance at US Embassy

- February 24th, 2014: Now have interview date!! (May 5, 2014 @ 7:30 am)

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Fiance finished medical exam & vaccinations (all in one early & long day) @ St. Luke's & passed

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): US Embassy - Manila (USEM) receives our case & is READY for interview

- February 26th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Able to reschedule for a March 12th interview date! Whoo Hoo!!

- March 12th, 2014 (11th in US): Fiance interviews @ US Embassy....... APPROVED!!! YEA BABE!!idea9dv.gif dancin5hr.gif biggrin.png kicking.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

●♥Abie♥●

Relax... the rules are the rules, I understand the stress and anxiety but you will have to be patient. As Greenbaum said there are many doing this each and every day. So the embassy limits the access in an effort to control bandwidth and give access to as many as possible.

Very soon they will be opening up the next month.

You can reschedule twice without penalty.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.