uscparent

IR-2 Category - Petition for Minor Children of a US Citizen

128 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's not what it says on DSDW's website

WHO DOES NOT NEED TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

All minors other than those cited above, for example:

A minor traveling to a foreign country with either parent or with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;

A minor traveling abroad whose parents are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he/she is holding a valid pass such as a dependents visa/pass/identification card or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card which serves as proof that he/she is living with parents abroad and their travel does not constitute child trafficking.

Timeline

Good day,

I am expecting my 8 year old daughter from the Philippines to migrate here in CA in a couple months for good. (IV visa) IR2- Is it possible for me to file a tax amendment form and claim her as my dependent. I started filing my Tax from 2006 to present... If so, what are the procedures? Can I just go to a regular H&R block offices?

Thanks in advance,

Ann

Timeline

I agree with you uscparent... I am going home to pick up my 8 year old daughter. I don't think I need to obtain a travel clearance since I am her biological mother. I am just not to lo sure if the her father needs to fill up some form or some thing.

Timeline

Good day,

I am expecting my 8 year old daughter from the Philippines to migrate here in CA in a couple months for good. (IV visa) IR2- Is it possible for me to file a tax amendment form and claim her as my dependent. I started filing my Tax from 2006 to present... If so, what are the procedures? Can I just go to a regular H&R block offices?

Thanks in advance,

Ann

Oh I hope someone jumps in and reply to this as I'd like to know more about this myself

Timeline

I agree with you uscparent... I am going home to pick up my 8 year old daughter. I don't think I need to obtain a travel clearance since I am her biological mother. I am just not to lo sure if the her father needs to fill up some form or some thing.

Even if it's not required, have him sign a letter of consent anyway just in case you get asked for it.

Emailed sent yesterday, 13th of April

Dear Sir or Madam:

The National Visa Center has received all documentation necessary to complete pre-processing

of your case. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner

and attorney (if applicable) will be notified. YAY!

Right now the status of my case on NVC website still shows "At NVC, please follow instruction from NVC for the next step blah blah blah", will that change only when the interview has been set?

That'll change when the papers are in transit to Manila/your local embassy. Give it a week or so. :-)

Edited by RedPepper

Timeline

That'll change when the papers are in transit to Manila/your local embassy. Give it a week or so. :-)

Thank you RedPepper, actually my kids already got their visa last week.

Good day,

Thanks in advance,

Ann

Oh I hope someone jumps in and reply to this as I'd like to know more about this myself

On this light, I had the same conversation with my accountant about this topic, and she told me that before 2010, including your children in your tax exemptions for tax credits, etc...were possible; buit recently, regulations have been strict and stripped off.

To include your children for tax exemptions/claims, they will have to have their Social Security Number with them and update your records with the IRS and your local State.

That was as per my accountant's advise. I, however, did not double check facts. Met a few people who also experienced it said the same thing.

Thank you RedPepper, actually my kids already got their visa last week.

Well, that is good news!!! Congratulations! i envy you :-P How long did your petition take? from NOA1 to NOA 2? Would love to see your immigration journey. See you around! xxx

Edited by RedPepper

Timeline

Well, that is good news!!! Congratulations! i envy you :-P How long did your petition take? from NOA1 to NOA 2? Would love to see your immigration journey. See you around! xxx

My timeline is updated, I've actually already entered info for when my son comes to the States.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update: thanks Redpepper and Uscparent

NVC will expedite my children's case, paid the fees online DS260 done documents sent to email provided. Now the wait...i really want them to start school in the US , they need to register etc.... Hope its not too long. Thank you God.

My children are illegitimate and have their fathers last name. My aunt works at dswd and she said since they are minor and illegitimate and i am a biological mother, no travel clearance is needed. Although having a letter signed/ notarized by the father allowing the children leave out of the country wouldn't be a bad thing. A travel clearance is a document issued by the DSWD to a Filipino child (below 18 years of age) traveling abroad alone or with someone other than his/her parents.

Make sure your passport is in good condition too. Heard from a local news here a sick boy was denied departure because of the passport pages becoming loose...well duh the more you open your passport that stitching will get loose.too much immig ofcr who are corrupt ( oh yeah they are still there, when i arrive at the airport this officer just asked me for a pasalubong extension... If you want your date of arrival adjusted magically)

Also obtaining an affidavit of illegitimacy from the courthouse will be handy.

I-130 petition for two minor

2/12 i-130 sent to uscis

2/13 Uscis noa received

3/16 request expedite uscis thru congressman

3/17 office of congressman replied that vermont service center has agreed to expedite

3/24 i-130 approved

3/26 emailed nvc for expedite request no reply waited 30 days

4/9 Nvc received files

4/19contact nvc requesting nvc case number no reply

5/7 called nvc for the case number, finally got it.

5/11email received from nvc about case number

5/9 Expedite requested thru email

5/15 email from nvc will expedite once all documents are in

5/16-aos fee paid/iv fee

5/19 aos /iv fee processed

5/19 got email from nvc request under review?

5/22 nvc emailed same as 5/15

5/20 ds260 completed

5/29 aos documents sent by lawyer

6/4 NVC receive documents allow 30 business days

7/31 got a Freakin checklist coz my lawyer put the wrong number omg so frustrated

8/1-nvc received checklist please allow 60 business days...nice!!!!

9/1-30days is up still frustrated at my lawyer kids would have been starting school by now

9/27-AOS fee changed from "paid" to n/a called nvc right away..confirmed case completed :) finally

10/1-ceac status changed to READY.

10/7-slec advance medical

10/15-interview approved

10/17-visa/passport arrived via 2go. booked US ticket me and my 2 kids yea God is good

10/19-passport req for minors stickers

10/23-arrived in JFk NYC

N-400

Sent:11/2/2016

Received:11/4/2016

Cashd:11/6/2016

Noa:11/9/2016

Fprint:12/1/2016

called uscis for advise Emergency out of the country trip while pending N400 no letter for schedule on interview (dad suddenly passed away had to go to Philippines to arrange funeral gone for 2 weeks)

schedule for interview 2/27/2017- Approved yey!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi USCParent,

I'm still contemplating on why you the CO asked for a copy of your I-864W, Can I ask how many of your kids you petitioned? Just 1 or more than 1?

If more than one, the copy is for the other person that needs I-864W, if only one, then, I guess I'll prepare to scan all my I-864 docs in preparation for his interview next month.

Thanks. :)

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

7/1/2011.. NOA1 receipt date
7/9/2011.. NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved
11/14/2011.. Approved NOA2 recieved via email/text
11/22/2011.. NVC forwarded Approved I-129F Petition to US Embassy Philippine
11/29/2011.. US Embassy in Manila Recieved our Petition
1/20/2012.. Medical Exam (Passed)
2/28/2012.. Interview! Approved!
3/1/12... CFO counseling Done!
3/7/12.. Visa on hand
3/10/12... POE @ Honolulu, HI.. Yeheeeeeey!
3/31/12... Wedding <3 <3 <3
Adjustment of Status Journey
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
4/30/12... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of AOS & EAD receipt
5/7/12... AOS/EAD NOA1 Hard Copy Received
6/11/12... Biometrics Appointment
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.
6/27/12... Text/Email Received (Card Production for EAD)
7/7/12... EAD Card Received! smile.png Yeheeeeey!

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png
8/21/12... Green Card on Hand! Yeheeey! Thank God!

Stepson I-130 Petition

12/27/13... Mailed I-130 to Phoenix lockbox via USPS Express Mail

12/31/13... NOA1 Priority Date

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/11/14.. NOA1 Hard copy received

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

1/23/14... NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

NVC Stage

1/29/14... NVC received approved petition

3/7/14... Case Number Assigned (MNL**********)

3/11/14... Received AOS bill & Paid AOS/ Submitted DS-261

3/17/14... Mailed AOS Package

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

3/25/14... Recieved/Paid IV fee (Mailed DS-260 additional requirements)

3/27/14... Submitted DS-260 Online

Waiting.... Hopefully no Checklist. :)

4/24/14... Case Complete

6/23/14... Interview date! Huraaaay! APPROVED! More Hurray! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi USCParent,

I'm still contemplating on why you the CO asked for a copy of your I-864W, Can I ask how many of your kids you petitioned? Just 1 or more than 1?

If more than one, the copy is for the other person that needs I-864W, if only one, then, I guess I'll prepare to scan all my I-864 docs in preparation for his interview next month.

Thanks. :)

Hi merkin&regine I apologize for the late reply. I haven't been logging in lately as I am in the Philippines picking up my children. To answer your question, I have 2 children I submitted separate petitions for. As to why the CO asked for a copy of their I864W, I'm not sure, maybe the original ones I've sent to NVC weren't included in the packets NVC forwarded to the USEM? I'm not really sure why, I'm just glad I thought about sending them copies even if appointment letter I received stated that all required docs have already been forwarded to the

USEM. I filled out two I-864W, one for each of my children.

Edited by uscparent

I have a question.

My stepkids got their IR-2 approved this week and we are leaving for the US tomorrow. They were given a paper that they must pay the $165 immigrant visa fee before traveling. It says that if it's not paid, the green card won't be mailed. IR-2 minors become US citizens upon entry into US, so we don't need a green card. We can use the I-551 stamp to apply for their US passports.

Has anybody not paid this fee?

Thanks.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I have a question.

My stepkids got their IR-2 approved this week and we are leaving for the US tomorrow. They were given a paper that they must pay the $165 immigrant visa fee before traveling. It says that if it's not paid, the green card won't be mailed. IR-2 minors become US citizens upon entry into US, so we don't need a green card. We can use the I-551 stamp to apply for their US passports.

Has anybody not paid this fee?

Thanks.

Great question that I also want to ask.

Congratulations on the approvals!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.