paw0222

HELP K1 QUESTION

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Once both love each other and are willing to be in holy matrimony in the nearest future, that's all. Officially proposing to her is not a requirement for K1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

...defenitely yes you can file for a k1 petition for ur fiancee bec both of you met the qualifications to file for it just make it sure file it as early as possible and submit all necessary docs bec it wil take not less than 6 mos for the whole petition process..goodluck to both of yougood.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

K1 Qualifications stands:

You (the petitioner) be a US citizen.

You intend to marry your fiance prior to entering the United States within 90 days of your fiancé

You both are free to marry and prior marriages must be annuled or terminated or by death.

You've both met at least once within 2 years.

Not having a ring or did not propose to her is not a requirment of a K1 petition. You must meet either 125% of the poverty guidelines, or meet the asset requirement. If unable to do either, you will need a joint sponsor. $24,000 Is sufficient income for a K1 Petition.

HI, I AM NEW HERE MY QUESTION ON K1 VISA. ME AND MY GRILFRIEND ABOUT LIVING TOGETHER,SHE IS MY HIGH SCHOOL FRIEND, AFTER MOVING TO USA I HAVENT SEEN HER IN YEARS,LAST YEAR MARCH WE START TALKING IN FACEBOOK. SOMEWHAT SOMEHOW WE START LIKING EACH OTHER THEN AFTER 5MONTHS ITS OFFICIALLY US LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP. THEN WE PLANED TO MEET LAST DECEMBER 2013 IT HAPPEN I WAS WITH HER FOR A MONTH,THEN I WENT BACK HERE IN THE STATES. MY QUESTION IS CAN I APPLY HER A K1 VISA EVEN I HAVENT PROPOSE TO HER?

When you submit the K1 Visa paperwork, you and her will both need to submit paperwork attesting your will to marry within 90 days of her entry into the US. Its an involved process that needs the cooperation of both parties and take 6 to 12 months.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI, I AM NEW HERE MY QUESTION ON K1 VISA. ME AND MY GRILFRIEND ABOUT LIVING TOGETHER,SHE IS MY HIGH SCHOOL FRIEND, AFTER MOVING TO USA I HAVENT SEEN HER IN YEARS,LAST YEAR MARCH WE START TALKING IN FACEBOOK. SOMEWHAT SOMEHOW WE START LIKING EACH OTHER THEN AFTER 5MONTHS ITS OFFICIALLY US LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP. THEN WE PLANED TO MEET LAST DECEMBER 2013 IT HAPPEN I WAS WITH HER FOR A MONTH,THEN I WENT BACK HERE IN THE STATES. MY QUESTION IS CAN I APPLY HER A K1 VISA EVEN I HAVENT PROPOSE TO HER?

Main requirement for filing the I-129F petition is having met within the past two years. You have that covered.

even i havent propose to her?

Proposing is not a requirement :) Getting married later is :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.