Htown2014

Employment change after filing K1

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello,

I recently was given a job title change at my current employer that will not correspond to documentation (G325A) I initially submitted with my K1 package. I am currently awaiting NOA2. Should I send notification of this change now or wait until I send the package to the Consulate? Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

23 Jan 2014: I-129F Sent
25 Jan 2014: I-129F Available for pickup at Dallas Lockbox
26 Jan 2014: I-129F Delivered (signature confirmation)

30 Jan 2014: I-129F Money Order cashed
29 Jan 2014: NOA1 Mailed

03 Feb 2014: Recieved NOA1

04 Feb 2014: Contacted USCIS by phone regarding incorrect birthdate on NOA1. Issue corrected by phone and notified new document to be sent within 30 days.

12 Feb 2014: Recieved notification by email " On February 12, 2014, your date of birth was updated relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)."

25 Feb 2014: Recieved notification by mail " On February 12, 2014, your date of birth was updated relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)."

25 July 2014: Recieved APPROVED NOA 2 notitication by email and text

30 July 2014: Recieved APPROVED NOA2 notification by mail

06 Aug 2014: Received notification by text and email that APPROVED petition was sent to the Department of State for visa processing

15 Aug 2014: Case recieved and number Assigned by NVC

18 Aug 2014: Discovered case is assigned to the wrong consulate;initiated process for transfer by contacting both consulates

19 Aug 2014: Received response from Consulate in Amsterdam regarding wrong assignment; they contacted NVC to send case to route the case to them

19 Aug 2014: Case mark in transit via CEAC website

20 Aug 2014: Case marked as Ready CEAC website (sent to wrong Consulate)

22 Aug 2014: Received email from the Consulate in Caracas that the case has been transferred

22 Aug 2014: Sent Packet 3 materials to AMS Consulate

25 Aug 2014: Case marked 'Transfer in Progress' on CEAC website

26 Aug 2014: Case marked as Ready CEAC website (arrived in AMS) - Electronic file received at consulate in Amsterdam

02 Sep 2014: Physical file received at consulate in Amsterdam

05 Sep 2014: Recieved Pkt 3

05 Sep 2014: Mailed Pky 3 to Consulate

09 Sep 2014: Received appointment letter

09 Oct 2014: Interview at Consulate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't do anything until I got the NOA 2. Because at the time you mailed it in

you did the right thing and can't be held for fraud. I would call USCIS and ask

them what to do after you get the NOA2. Good Luck...

You're still working at the same location but your titled changed? You don't have to worry. Nothing from here will matter enough. At the interview, you need to supply your paystubs and such, but they probably don't care of your title change.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You're still working at the same location but your titled changed? You don't have to worry. Nothing from here will matter enough. At the interview, you need to supply your paystubs and such, but they probably don't care of your title change.

Yes same location. We had a restructuring in our department that resulted in a new department being formed with new job titles. Thanks so much for the response.

23 Jan 2014: I-129F Sent
25 Jan 2014: I-129F Available for pickup at Dallas Lockbox
26 Jan 2014: I-129F Delivered (signature confirmation)

30 Jan 2014: I-129F Money Order cashed
29 Jan 2014: NOA1 Mailed

03 Feb 2014: Recieved NOA1

04 Feb 2014: Contacted USCIS by phone regarding incorrect birthdate on NOA1. Issue corrected by phone and notified new document to be sent within 30 days.

12 Feb 2014: Recieved notification by email " On February 12, 2014, your date of birth was updated relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)."

25 Feb 2014: Recieved notification by mail " On February 12, 2014, your date of birth was updated relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)."

25 July 2014: Recieved APPROVED NOA 2 notitication by email and text

30 July 2014: Recieved APPROVED NOA2 notification by mail

06 Aug 2014: Received notification by text and email that APPROVED petition was sent to the Department of State for visa processing

15 Aug 2014: Case recieved and number Assigned by NVC

18 Aug 2014: Discovered case is assigned to the wrong consulate;initiated process for transfer by contacting both consulates

19 Aug 2014: Received response from Consulate in Amsterdam regarding wrong assignment; they contacted NVC to send case to route the case to them

19 Aug 2014: Case mark in transit via CEAC website

20 Aug 2014: Case marked as Ready CEAC website (sent to wrong Consulate)

22 Aug 2014: Received email from the Consulate in Caracas that the case has been transferred

22 Aug 2014: Sent Packet 3 materials to AMS Consulate

25 Aug 2014: Case marked 'Transfer in Progress' on CEAC website

26 Aug 2014: Case marked as Ready CEAC website (arrived in AMS) - Electronic file received at consulate in Amsterdam

02 Sep 2014: Physical file received at consulate in Amsterdam

05 Sep 2014: Recieved Pkt 3

05 Sep 2014: Mailed Pky 3 to Consulate

09 Sep 2014: Received appointment letter

09 Oct 2014: Interview at Consulate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.