jerezblack

Medical examination -

21 posts in this topic

Do you have to make an appointment to get the medical examination done at Cho Ray Hospital (CRH), Visa Medical Unit? My fiance called them and they said it is completely booked for March and the soonest date is April. I think they are trying to make money than help if any.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

http://www.iom.int.vn/joomla/index.php You can make an appointment at IMO, this is where my fiance went.

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do you have to make an appointment to get the medical examination done at Cho Ray Hospital (CRH), Visa Medical Unit? My fiance called them and they said it is completely booked for March and the soonest date is April. I think they are trying to make money than help if any.

My fiancee just finished her medical yesterday. We will pick up the paperwork on Friday. Both Cho Ray and IOM is pretty book until April. Trying calling multiple telephone with IOM and ask them nicely / beg for an appointment that is before your interview date. Use the justification that the interview date is coming up soon. I would only go this route if your actually interview date is before any open date for the medical.

This is what we did because our interview date was on March 21st 2014. Don't lie now if you interview date is further ahead because you don't want other people who really need it to not have that opportunity.

Also word to the wise is to have your fiancee go get her shots 1st. Most likely she will need to go to the place and get a ticket and she won't be able to get the shot the same day. Most likely she will have to wait until the next day.

Shots 1st then Medical but book the medical asap.

Note

- Your fiancee will have to bare her entire chest to the doctor to examine. So prepare her. Also make sure she doesn't wear see through underwear =P because basically that is the only thing is showing (This was at the IOM)

Good luck

11/05/2013 - Sent I-129F Form

11/13/2013 - cash checked

11/18/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA1

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

12/12/2013 - receive text and email notification for NOA2 (Approved!)

01/14/2014 - fiancée received package #3

01/21/2014 - Package #3 sent

01/22/2014 - Consulate received Packaged #3

02/24/2014 - HSBC bank payment completed

03/11/2014 - Medical Exam + Shots completed

03/21/2014 - interview date

03/21/2014 - Approved!

03/28/2014 - Visa delivered

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN
05/11/2014 - Bring my fiancée back to the US

Timeline

I forgot to mention...

Bring the interview paper that has the interview date, DS-160, passport, and also the Package 3 letter where it has the HCM number for the shots and medical. Make sure you have a copy of each.

11/20/2013 - receive text and email notification for Alien Registration Number changed

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Is it possible to get the shots first as the directions says to get the exam first and then the shots. My interview date is the 2nd of April. I wanted more time so she can take her time and not rush/stress on anything. We end up getting booked for the 21st on March at IOM. Cho Ray seems to be booked to the brim. I am sure if you come in and pass over some money, they will squeeze you in, but thankfully we dont' have to do it. Courtesy goes a long ways anywhere around the world.

Thanks for the tip on the exam. I will make sure she knows about that.

Does the exam place take a copy of each of the items that needs to be brought?

Is it possible to get the shots first as the directions says to get the exam first and then the shots. My interview date is the 2nd of April. I wanted more time so she can take her time and not rush/stress on anything. We end up getting booked for the 21st on March at IOM. Cho Ray seems to be booked to the brim. I am sure if you come in and pass over some money, they will squeeze you in, but thankfully we dont' have to do it. Courtesy goes a long ways anywhere around the world.

What will the weather going to be look like in VN those days?

- Advice: don't be sick around those "shots/vaccine" day. Your loved one will get sicker (my fiancee experienced that). The shots are quiet strong. Tetanus (ouch! hurt), MMR (oooh... fever!!). Hepatitis (ouch! & fever!!).

Both Cho Ray & IOM were pretty booked. Sometimes you'll just have to call a few times to get the sooner appointment.

The exam: my fiancee said her doctor was female, but it doesn't matter with doctor's gender. I'm a MALE nurse btw. Make sure drink adequate fluid prior to medical exam if your fiance/wife not feeling well prior to appointment. No alcohol, no caffeine, no cigarette & eat small non-fat/non-greasy meal before exam as well. Personally I don't know what they look for within a blood draw, in nursing experiences, those things above effect how our body indexes/values within the blood test fluctuates.

Bring the interview letter, and the docs/things those were requested within that letter.

Edited: as a nurse, but I afraid of needles. I took 1 - 2 ibuprofen + 1 tylenol prior to any shots appointment, it helped ease the pain a little.

Edited by ricewanted

Timeline

Yes it is possible to get the shot 1st. Trust me on this one. My fiancée just did it this week. The medical exam peeps needs the paperwork from the place where she gets the shot. March 21st is good since your interview date is april 2nd. That is plenty of time. IOM is much cleaner than Cho Ray.

They took a copy from us so make 3 copies of each. 1 for the interview, 1 for the shot and 1 for the medical. If you don't have the require paperwork then they will send you home and you have to reschedule. You don't want to stress because of that. Making a copy is pretty fast and easy. Its all about the prep work. Better to have extra paper work and not need it vs needing it and not having it.

You can't make an appointment for the shot. Need to go there early and get a ticket number so hurry and do that. You have been warn. =)

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Timeline

Where do you get the shots? Will they tell you where to go when they send out the Packet 3?

See attachment "K-Appointment-Package.pdf" . The address and telephone number is there. I would start the shots and medical after you complete the submission of package 3 (DS-160, etc) and you have completed the online appointment which includes paying the app fee and scheduling the interview date.

You have a little ways to go. Wait for package 3 before you start everything. Technically you can start working on package 3 now like the police report, the single status, etc. See attachment "K-Instruction.pdf" aka Package #3.

Cheers!

K-APPOINTMENT-PACKAGE.pdf

K-INSTRUCTION.pdf

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Timeline

My fiancee just went for the medical examination this morning. Yup, she had to strip naked for them to exam her....100% naked, not even panties were allowed on.

She went to Choray....we called both places and IOM is booked, only had date at the end of march/ early april. We lucked out with Choray and got our appointment is on 3/12. Our appointment for interview is on April 2nd.

She told me that all the peole she met told her that the immunization shots will be done 2 times, a week apart instead of all at once. So go to Nguyen Van Troi place ASAP and get the shots done. Without the shots,you don't get the yellow card and they won't release the medial exam results without it. They also told her after you finished the shots and got the yellow papers, you go back to either IOM / choRay to hand it in and they will give you another appointment to pickup the medical exam results. She went to get the shots yesterday, but they gave her a number and told her to come back in 2 days....so they are pretty booked as well. Tomorrow she will go to get the shots.

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Timeline

My fiancee just went for the medical examination this morning. Yup, she had to strip naked for them to exam her....100% naked, not even panties were allowed on.

She went to Choray....we called both places and IOM is booked, only had date at the end of march/ early april. We lucked out with Choray and got our appointment is on 3/12. Our appointment for interview is on April 2nd.

She told me that all the peole she met told her that the immunization shots will be done 2 times, a week apart instead of all at once. So go to Nguyen Van Troi place ASAP and get the shots done. Without the shots,you don't get the yellow card and they won't release the medial exam results without it. They also told her after you finished the shots and got the yellow papers, you go back to either IOM / choRay to hand it in and they will give you another appointment to pickup the medical exam results. She went to get the shots yesterday, but they gave her a number and told her to come back in 2 days....so they are pretty booked as well. Tomorrow she will go to get the shots.

Wow... she had to even take off her panties? Hmm... at IOM, the doctor allow my fiancée to keep it on. Makes me kind of question the doctor at Cho Ray.....

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

How many sets of shots will the fiance end up getting?

Everything in Vietnam I question, there isn't anything I see that is a regular practice, but everything is out of the ordinary.

Edited by jerezblack

Timeline

How many sets of shots will the fiance end up getting?

Everything in Vietnam I question, there isn't anything I see that is a regular practice, but everything is out of the ordinary.

depends on your fiancee past record. My fiancee received 2 shots and the also had to pull blood.

oh by the way.. during the medical exam, if she only does 1 xray on the chest then its a good sign. If they ask her to do a 2nd xray on the chest then you know thats a really bad sign for TB. Pray that the 2nd xray is ok.

Edited by Pete82

03/21/2014 - Approved!

04/30/2014 - Fly to VN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

naked 100%? r you serious? i should get drunk first....=.='

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Timeline

My fiancee already had the 3 shots for hepatitis (sp?) so she only needed 2 more shots plus blood drawn. I think they checked for AIDS and other contagious deseases with the blood. After that they gave her the yellow card to bring to Choray...we brought it there and waited for about an hour and they gave us 2 sealed packages (not to be opened according to them) and some papers. Glad that it is over. So if you never had hepatitis shots you will need to go there twice , approx. one week apart.

Choray is supposed to be the better of the two facilities. That's why they are usually more crowded. They have better machines . If xrays or other tests were inconclusive at IOM they would have to refer us to Choray for more diagnostics. The doc that examined my fiancee was a female doctor....I think female doctor examine female client and so forth.

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.