Angela256z

About how long before I am given access to DS-260 and IV Fee?

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good luck to all in this process. I paid my IV bill today. I mailed the civil documents to NVC today. It will be delivered to NVC tomorrow. I was told by the NVC representative when I called that Form DS 260 will generate when the IV bill shows as paid. The rep said I can mail the civil documents to them and complete the Form DS 260 when it generates later which I am hoping by this Friday.

Filed: Timeline

Good luck to all in this process. I paid my IV bill today. I mailed the civil documents to NVC today. It will be delivered to NVC tomorrow. I was told by the NVC representative when I called that Form DS 260 will generate when the IV bill shows as paid. The rep said I can mail the civil documents to them and complete the Form DS 260 when it generates later which I am hoping by this Friday.

I thought you needed the coversheet barcode that you get after paying the IV fees and attach it to the supporting documents before sending them out

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I thought you needed the coversheet barcode that you get after paying the IV fees and attach it to the supporting documents before sending them out

Yes I printed it out and send it along with my civil documents.

need help.. ill be submitting my AOS packet today.. is !-864EZ, itr 2013 and w2 2013 good already? or i need more documents aside from this?

I am not sure what is all required for the I-864EZ

With the I-864 I had to do the following:

Form

Verification of employment

Current tax transcript

Pay stubs

Congratulations! That's awesome! You'll have your visa in no time :-)

Still waiting for the fee to be invoiced...Business day 13 and feels like 90. I don't get it...out of all the steps and this is taking the second longest?! Ahhhhh!!!!! :-)

It took a while for mine. It will come soon.

Angela!! i got my IV imvoice email. yayy!! so hopefully it will show on the website tomo

son1020 i sent my w2s, tax return, chek stubs, n employment letter

Nice! You should be able to pay it in about two days. It took three days for it to show as paid. The day it showed paid my DS-260 showed up!

Things are finally moving along! thanks to God.

my case was received on feb 12th and I called today I got my nvc case number. it was generated today. .

. So now do I just keep checking at CEAC.state.gov to fill out ds 261 and pay aos fee. She said it would be 20 to 30 business days before I receive an email that will tell me what to do next. but it looks like everyone on visa journey does not wait for the email. So do I keep going to that site to look for aos invoice to be generated ? or is that site just fill fill out ds261 fee. I tried today but could not do anythiing with that case number at the ceac. state. gov website?

Thanks in advance.

You can always reference my timeline and in the comments I put dates that the timeline doesn't ask for like when my case was assigned (Feb 28th) and then when the DS-261 became available was on March 3rd. Don't wait for the email. Just keep signing in. This is what you might see. There are two flows to the process (Days I mean business days and based on if you complete/pay on the day they are available).

Case assigned on Day 1

AOS Invoiced Day 2 - 5 DS-261 available Day 2 - 3 (Takes up to 10 days to review)

Send in AOS Day 6 IV Fee Invoices Day 7 - 10

Take up to 20 days to review Send in Supporting documents Day 8 - 10

DS-260 available 2 - 3 days after you pay IV Fee

Submit DS-260 and it take 20 - 30 days to review and close case

This is of course only if you get no checklists.

* 21 APR 2016 - 90 Days before husbands conditional green card expires

YAY! Invoice and CEAC came through today biggrin.png. Thanks for the advice and support - it really is helpful knowing people are in the same boat and it isn't just us. Good luck all.

Filed: Other Timeline

I am not sure what is all required for the I-864EZ

With the I-864 I had to do the following:

Form

Verification of employment

Current tax transcript

Pay stubs

It took a while for mine. It will come soon.

Nice! You should be able to pay it in about two days. It took three days for it to show as paid. The day it showed paid my DS-260 showed up!

You can always reference my timeline and in the comments I put dates that the timeline doesn't ask for like when my case was assigned (Feb 28th) and then when the DS-261 became available was on March 3rd. Don't wait for the email. Just keep signing in. This is what you might see. There are two flows to the process (Days I mean business days and based on if you complete/pay on the day they are available).

Case assigned on Day 1

AOS Invoiced Day 2 - 5 DS-261 available Day 2 - 3 (Takes up to 10 days to review)

Send in AOS Day 6 IV Fee Invoices Day 7 - 10

Take up to 20 days to review Send in Supporting documents Day 8 - 10

DS-260 available 2 - 3 days after you pay IV Fee

Submit DS-260 and it take 20 - 30 days to review and close case

This is of course only if you get no checklists.

That's a good timeline to follow. So basically, with the timeline you wrote up and since the AOS and IV run parallel, sending the AOS doc and IV form were all done within 10 days of paying the DS-261? so the "20 to 30" days to review starts at the time they received the IV form?

I'm hoping to get my case number between late April to May 1st and hoping to get a case complete by beginning of June.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I submitted my DS261 on 28Feb and paid AOS fee on 3rd March. I still couldn't pay IV fee. It's lockedcray5ol.gif You all are very lucky. Hope i could pay my IV fee asapsad.png .

That's a good timeline to follow. So basically, with the timeline you wrote up and since the AOS and IV run parallel, sending the AOS doc and IV form were all done within 10 days of paying the DS-261? so the "20 to 30" days to review starts at the time they received the IV form?

I'm hoping to get my case number between late April to May 1st and hoping to get a case complete by beginning of June.

So that was me sending in my AOS documents. IV Fee came about 10 days after the DS-261 was sent in. Then after my payment cleared (about 2 - 3 days) the DS-260 was available. Once you pay your fee you can submit your supporting documents for the DS-260 so get those out. Once the payment clears you can then submit the DS-260 and they are currently saying 20 - 30 business days to review from there. So yes. We are at this stage now. When did your petition get sent to NVC?

I submitted my DS261 on 28Feb and paid AOS fee on 3rd March. I still couldn't pay IV fee. It's lockedcray5ol.gif You all are very lucky. Hope i could pay my IV fee asapsad.png .

Goose - Have you called the NVC? You should call. It's been busy a lot, but I keep calling until I finally get thorugh (Normally 10 - 12 attempt in a row). they have been saying 10 business days and you are past that. I would call.

Filed: Other Timeline

So that was me sending in my AOS documents. IV Fee came about 10 days after the DS-261 was sent in. Then after my payment cleared (about 2 - 3 days) the DS-260 was available. Once you pay your fee you can submit your supporting documents for the DS-260 so get those out. Once the payment clears you can then submit the DS-260 and they are currently saying 20 - 30 business days to review from there. So yes. We are at this stage now. When did your petition get sent to NVC?

Angela,

My petition got sent to the NVC on March 4th, and when I called today to check on them, they said it was 'entered into the system on March 13th.' He also said 30 business days to get claim #. crossing my finger and hoping sooner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Goose - Have you called the NVC? You should call. It's been busy a lot, but I keep calling until I finally get thorugh (Normally 10 - 12 attempt in a row). they have been saying 10 business days and you are past that. I would call.

. Hi, Angela. Yes, I called them almost everyday, but they said I had to wait for them to review DS261:( I wonder how long it will take for them to review it. Is it so hard for them to do it? I really don't unstand. Anyway, I'll keep calling!

Angela,

My petition got sent to the NVC on March 4th, and when I called today to check on them, they said it was 'entered into the system on March 13th.' He also said 30 business days to get claim #. crossing my finger and hoping sooner.

So sounds like you should have it by April 15th at the latest (since 30 days actually is business days). Hopefully you get it soon! We just finished our DS-260 and are sending in the docs next week. I didn't realize that this part of the process would go so fast. So once you get that Case number you are on your way!

. Hi, Angela. Yes, I called them almost everyday, but they said I had to wait for them to review DS261:( I wonder how long it will take for them to review it. Is it so hard for them to do it? I really don't unstand. Anyway, I'll keep calling!

The next time you call ask for a time line. Let them know that you were told it would only take 10 business days to complete and it has been past that.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

mine showed paid in ceac portal march 11 and till now been 10 days havent receive my invoin in email.so i called nvc, talked to representative. told me to wait for another 2-3 weeks.. I sai WHAT DO YOU MEAN? i waited 10 days already. she said they have to review my DS-261. told them u will review it,its been completed already!! what the heck is she talking about???!! so upsetting ranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

it has been reviewed and completed and now asking me to wait 2-3 weeks again!! so ridiculous!!ranting33va.gif

Edited by jasmine05

IR-5 (PETITION MY DAD)

USCIS

11/23/13 Send FORM I-130 TO USCIS CHICAGO LOCKBOX
11/26/13 PD- USCIS RECEIVED PAPERS
11/27/13 NOA 1 RECEIVED smile.png TRANSFERED CASE TO USCIS NSC
12/02/13 RFE (NEEDED MY BC AND MARRIAGE CERT COZ OF MY NAME CHANGED)
12/06/13 SENT RFE NEEDED BY USCIS
5/01/14 IL(P4) RCV'D TRU EMAIL & FORWARDED TO NVC

01/07/14 USCIS APPROVED MY PAPERS AND SEND TO NVC FOR VISA PROCESSING!!

01/10/14 NOA 2

NVC

1/21/14 NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PAPERS smile.png
2/22/14 CASE ENTERED IN SYSTEM

2/24/14 CASE # & INVOICE ID # ASSIGNED

3/03/14 SUBMITTED DS-261 (CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT)

3/05/14 AOS FEE PAID $88

3/11/14 MAILED AOS PACKET & AOS SHOWED PAID ON CEAC

3/14/14 AOS PACKET DELIVERED AT NVC

3/20/14 DAD'S EARLY MEDICAL EXAM @ ST. LUKES.. PASSED!! TOOK 2 DAYS MEDICAL EXAM..

3/25/14 IV FEE PAID $230 ON CEAC..

3/26/14 MAILED IV D0CUMENTS

3/27/14 DS-260 SUBMITTED & IV FEE SH0WED PAID, CEAC

3/28/14 IV D0CUMENTS DELIVERED @ NVC

3/31/14 A0S CHECKLIST (ASKING HUBBY'S PAYSTUBS & BUSINESS LICENSE F0RG0T T0 INCLUDE)

4/02/14 MAILED A0S CHECKLIST

4/04/14 A0S CHECKLIST DELIVERED @ NVC

4/17/14 IV FALSE CHECKLIST

4/23/14 CASE COMPLETE!!

5/01/14 IL(P4) RCV'D TRU EMAIL & FORWARDED TO US EMBASSY MANILA...

5/06/14 DAD'S CASE SHOWED @ CEAC "IN TRANSIT" TO U.S EMBASSY MANILA

5/08/14 RCV'D CASE @ US EMBASSY, "READY" AS PER CEAC.

6/11/14 INTERVIEW DATE @ 6:15AM, US EMBASSY MANILA. :) APPROVED!! BUT ON AP!

7/02/14 AP CHANGED TO ISSUED

7/08/14 VISA 0N HAND! :dancing:

7/14/14 DAD'S PD0S

7/15/14 FLIGHT TO U.S (P0E-MINNEAPOLIS MSP)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I received my IVFee invoice and it says"do not send the payment to NVC new hamshire. Can u help me wer i can address the payment. And After paying the IVFee what will be the next step and how long i will take. Thank you

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi jasmine... i got my IV fee last 2days ago. It took me 1month. For i submitted my ds-261. So hopefully sooner ull have yours.

My next step now is to pay it.

i have a feeling it will take me a month bfore i can pay it.. pay iv fee through CEAC.STATE.GOV

IR-5 (PETITION MY DAD)

USCIS

11/23/13 Send FORM I-130 TO USCIS CHICAGO LOCKBOX
11/26/13 PD- USCIS RECEIVED PAPERS
11/27/13 NOA 1 RECEIVED smile.png TRANSFERED CASE TO USCIS NSC
12/02/13 RFE (NEEDED MY BC AND MARRIAGE CERT COZ OF MY NAME CHANGED)
12/06/13 SENT RFE NEEDED BY USCIS
5/01/14 IL(P4) RCV'D TRU EMAIL & FORWARDED TO NVC

01/07/14 USCIS APPROVED MY PAPERS AND SEND TO NVC FOR VISA PROCESSING!!

01/10/14 NOA 2

NVC

1/21/14 NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PAPERS smile.png
2/22/14 CASE ENTERED IN SYSTEM

2/24/14 CASE # & INVOICE ID # ASSIGNED

3/03/14 SUBMITTED DS-261 (CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT)

3/05/14 AOS FEE PAID $88

3/11/14 MAILED AOS PACKET & AOS SHOWED PAID ON CEAC

3/14/14 AOS PACKET DELIVERED AT NVC

3/20/14 DAD'S EARLY MEDICAL EXAM @ ST. LUKES.. PASSED!! TOOK 2 DAYS MEDICAL EXAM..

3/25/14 IV FEE PAID $230 ON CEAC..

3/26/14 MAILED IV D0CUMENTS

3/27/14 DS-260 SUBMITTED & IV FEE SH0WED PAID, CEAC

3/28/14 IV D0CUMENTS DELIVERED @ NVC

3/31/14 A0S CHECKLIST (ASKING HUBBY'S PAYSTUBS & BUSINESS LICENSE F0RG0T T0 INCLUDE)

4/02/14 MAILED A0S CHECKLIST

4/04/14 A0S CHECKLIST DELIVERED @ NVC

4/17/14 IV FALSE CHECKLIST

4/23/14 CASE COMPLETE!!

5/01/14 IL(P4) RCV'D TRU EMAIL & FORWARDED TO US EMBASSY MANILA...

5/06/14 DAD'S CASE SHOWED @ CEAC "IN TRANSIT" TO U.S EMBASSY MANILA

5/08/14 RCV'D CASE @ US EMBASSY, "READY" AS PER CEAC.

6/11/14 INTERVIEW DATE @ 6:15AM, US EMBASSY MANILA. :) APPROVED!! BUT ON AP!

7/02/14 AP CHANGED TO ISSUED

7/08/14 VISA 0N HAND! :dancing:

7/14/14 DAD'S PD0S

7/15/14 FLIGHT TO U.S (P0E-MINNEAPOLIS MSP)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.