jordanianprincess

Honor Killings

Honor Killings  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have pre-marital relations with your Husband/Are you having pre-marital relations with your fiance?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  2. 2. Does your husband/fiance feel that honor killings are justified by the acts or suspected actions of the victim?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  3. 3. What would he do if he found out his daughter/sister was having relations with a man? (without you interviening)

• Kill her
    • Disown her
    • Put her on a plane and send her to his home country
    • Forgive her after some time
    • Nothing - Please explain
    • N/A

442 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I am also shocked about the amount of people that are with MENA men and have little or no knowledge about this. (Not you peezey) :wacko:

Well, if it's not an issue than it's not really an issue. You know what I mean?

Not really?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
A mosquito???

is there some brazilian trick i'm not aware of to kill a mosquito?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline
I am also shocked about the amount of people that are with MENA men and have little or no knowledge about this. (Not you peezey) :wacko:

I don't think she meant you, and there is clearly a divide here in terms of who accepts this and who doesn't.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not really?

Yeah, I figured that only made sense in my own head. :lol:

What I meant was, if you know that your husband does not condone it, there's not much reason to discuss it. Before this thread, I didn't know a lot about honor killings, except that it's something that's not going to be an issue in our family.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
A mosquito???

Not really...

But we do have tricks for the prevention of Dengue Fever...

And that is related to mosquitos...

But not quite...

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
This thread has scared the ####### out of me. Some of you are married to people who are ok with killing their daughters or gay sons. :o :o :o

Honestly maybe I was naive but I didn't really believe there were still people like that living in the US. I'm totally and completely shocked.

I know, I was thinkign the same thing. Especially since I think that gay people don't choose to be gay and they just come out that way.

I am pretty amazed and dissapointed that some people are marrying men who think it is ok to kill their own sister/daughter.

I am shocked, I keep looking over this thread and I'm just shocked.

I think it's a pretty interesting subject and have read about it over the years, and discussed it over and over with friends from the ME. Not everyone's spouse thinks honor killings are ok here, I know mine isn't!!!!

Not really?

I'm guessing she means she didn't know to talk about this. I wouldn't necessarily know to ask about it either, but you would for sure since you are very close to the experience. The only reason I've discussed this with him before is because of the Nigerian stonings, etc, and he was horrified, but that was years after we were together.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

Timeline

Not really?

Yeah, I figured that only made sense in my own head. :lol:

What I meant was, if you know that your husband does not condone it, there's not much reason to discuss it. Before this thread, I didn't know a lot about honor killings, except that it's something that's not going to be an issue in our family.

However that is not always the case. As you can see, after 4 years of Marriage...Jackie learned something about her man today. I have seen reactions on this thread of women that had no idea this stuff even happened.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Not really?

I'm guessing she means she didn't know to talk about this. I wouldn't necessarily know to ask about it either, but you would for sure since you are very close to the experience. The only reason I've discussed this with him before is because of the Nigerian stonings, etc, and he was horrified, but that was years after we were together.

See thats one of the things that concerns me. If I met a man from another country and I was planning on going there then I would do as much research about the country as possible. The info is not hidden, its out there. There are alot of watch dog groups that monitor this stuff. I am happy that I have brought awareness of the subject to our group but concerned over some of the answers I have seen so far including the votes.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not really?

Right, it just never really came up. But I think you usually have an idea of the way someone will feel about something based on their opinions regarding similar issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
A mosquito???

Not really...

But we do have tricks for the prevention of Dengue Fever...

And that is related to mosquitos...

But not quite...

and all this time i was thinking you had some capoeira trick to tell me about :(

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

seriously, I would figure out a way to get my husband committed if he said he condones this or even says that it's ok if others do it even if he won't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Ok, so I thought I knew my hubby so well. I just called him at work and asked him about this topic. Gave him the example using his sister. Oh boy, all I can say at this moment is wow oh wow. He said we will discuss this tonight when he gets home. :wacko:

J (F)

wow :(

Wow indeed...

I think this is the 4th time I've tried to respond to this...I'm having technical problems today.

Anyway, if I can get this out, don't be alarmed by his prefering to discuss this at home. whatever his stand on this is, being overheard will likely make him the freak of the day in any work setting. He might be with a customer or redneck coworkers that he would never discuss cultural things around. Who knows. Give him the chance to explain his views or witness accounts at home.

My husband and I have discussed this -early too. I was pretty shocked by the reality that people can do this to each other. I have tried to understand this but all i can figure is that people panic. Some families are under so much pressure to keep their name clean that they can't even imagine surviving with a damaged reputaion. I hear that when a family loses its social credibility, they lose everything. People wont do any buisness with them or shop in their stores. their good daughters can't marry good men. The kids in the family can't grow up being friends with the kids of respected families....I don't know...I haven't lived with this. All I can figure so far is that if a family loses a wife, mom, or daughter to preserve the family's honor, its to save everybody else. Its sad.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.