jordanianprincess

Honor Killings

Honor Killings  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have pre-marital relations with your Husband/Are you having pre-marital relations with your fiance?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  2. 2. Does your husband/fiance feel that honor killings are justified by the acts or suspected actions of the victim?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  3. 3. What would he do if he found out his daughter/sister was having relations with a man? (without you interviening)

• Kill her
    • Disown her
    • Put her on a plane and send her to his home country
    • Forgive her after some time
    • Nothing - Please explain
    • N/A

442 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ok, so I thought I knew my hubby so well. I just called him at work and asked him about this topic. Gave him the example using his sister. Oh boy, all I can say at this moment is wow oh wow. He said we will discuss this tonight when he gets home. :wacko:

J (F)

wow :(

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok, so I thought I knew my hubby so well. I just called him at work and asked him about this topic. Gave him the example using his sister. Oh boy, all I can say at this moment is wow oh wow. He said we will discuss this tonight when he gets home. :wacko:

J (F)

wow :(

Wow indeed...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

This was one of the first discussions I had with my fiance when we met, I don't think there is anything we have not discussed.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Today yes, but it was not that long ago that husbands who battered their wives were seen as heroes. "a good wife is never battered" "the battered wife asked for it" "the battered wife likes it" Women were seen as out of control and husbands were expected to control them. I remember Sean Connery telling Barbara Walters once that sometimes the situation merits a woman being slapped.

i can agree with sean connery on that. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It never occurred to me to discuss this topic (thankfully, I don't have t often think about honor killings). But I knew how he'd feel about it. I asked him about it when I got home, and he just said that those people are really, really stupid.

:thumbs:

Timeline
Today yes, but it was not that long ago that husbands who battered their wives were seen as heroes. "a good wife is never battered" "the battered wife asked for it" "the battered wife likes it" Women were seen as out of control and husbands were expected to control them. I remember Sean Connery telling Barbara Walters once that sometimes the situation merits a woman being slapped.

A great Brazilian poet (Nelson Rodrigues) once said, and I quote: "Nem todas as mulheres gostam de apanhar, só as normais".

Translating to english(sort of...): "Not all women like to be beaten up, just the normal ones"

But even down here we know that it is bad and the guy is an azzhole...

Timeline

J (F)

personally, if some guy was doing my sister, i'd nominate him for the nobel peace prize for putting up with her :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Thats a pretty rude comment Chalres. This thread is serious and is dicussing violence against women, what on earth would posess you to say such a tasteless thing? :wacko:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
This thread has scared the ####### out of me. Some of you are married to people who are ok with killing their daughters or gay sons. :o :o :o

Honestly maybe I was naive but I didn't really believe there were still people like that living in the US. I'm totally and completely shocked.

I know, I was thinkign the same thing. Especially since I think that gay people don't choose to be gay and they just come out that way.

I am pretty amazed and dissapointed that some people are marrying men who think it is ok to kill their own sister/daughter.

I am shocked, I keep looking over this thread and I'm just shocked.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline
A great Brazilian poet (Nelson Rodrigues) once said, and I quote: "Nem todas as mulheres gostam de apanhar, só as normais".

Another fun fact:

It creeped Alex out when she found out we have a verb for "be beaten up" and one for "be beaten the ####### out of you" in Portuguese.

Filed: Other Timeline
And another thing -

Calling it "honor killing" is a load of ######. It is straight up MURDER. If my husband were into murdering people I think I would shop at a different man-store. Yet somehow this is much much worse because it involves murdering one's own blood.

What we saw more often in Morocco was families beating their daughters/sisters for "shaming" them. It might be illuminating to add that nuance to the poll - Would your hubbys beat up/give a black eye to/break the bones of a sister who was caught with a boyfriend? This was so common as to cause me physical pain every time I thought about it.

I am still horrified that any self-respecting woman could tolerate even a mate who thought that a woman had shamed him by expressing her god-given sexuality.

This is all the same boat for me, violence of any sort is totally foreign to me, beatings, murder, I really think I might throw up.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline
This thread has scared the ####### out of me. Some of you are married to people who are ok with killing their daughters or gay sons. :o :o :o

Honestly maybe I was naive but I didn't really believe there were still people like that living in the US. I'm totally and completely shocked.

I know, I was thinkign the same thing. Especially since I think that gay people don't choose to be gay and they just come out that way.

I am pretty amazed and dissapointed that some people are marrying men who think it is ok to kill their own sister/daughter.

I am shocked, I keep looking over this thread and I'm just shocked.

I am also shocked about the amount of people that are with MENA men and have little or no knowledge about this. (Not you peezey) :wacko:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Thats a pretty rude comment Chalres. This thread is serious and is dicussing violence against women, what on earth would posess you to say such a tasteless thing? :wacko:

rude? how? if nessa had a bee, or a scorpion, or a mosquito on her face, i'd essentially be slapping her to kill it.

eta - misspelled essentially.....

sucker...........

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am also shocked about the amount of people that are with MENA men and have little or no knowledge about this. (Not you peezey) :wacko:

Well, if it's not an issue than it's not really an issue. You know what I mean?

Timeline

Don't they might imply that their wives already know that?

rude? how? if nessa had a bee, or a scorpion, or a mosquito on her face, i'd esentially be slapping her to kill it.

sucker...........

A mosquito???

Edited by Reynaldo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.