jordanianprincess

Honor Killings

Honor Killings  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have pre-marital relations with your Husband/Are you having pre-marital relations with your fiance?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  2. 2. Does your husband/fiance feel that honor killings are justified by the acts or suspected actions of the victim?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  3. 3. What would he do if he found out his daughter/sister was having relations with a man? (without you interviening)

• Kill her
    • Disown her
    • Put her on a plane and send her to his home country
    • Forgive her after some time
    • Nothing - Please explain
    • N/A

442 posts in this topic

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

maybe it just you and me :whistle: but dont you find alot of these arguments and fights come from someone speaking on someone elses behalf? i wasnt raised there, only he can speak on some things

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
maybe it just you and me :whistle: but dont you find alot of these arguments and fights come from someone speaking on someone elses behalf? i wasnt raised there, only he can speak on some things

Who is doing this?

I think most asked their husbands what they think and voted accordingly.

Otherwise we're sharing our dislike for these acts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Can I ask why are you are insisting that these women are speaking on behalf of the man?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

could be, no one in particular, just in the asking of the different questions, does your SO, what would he.... I just find it little hard to think that each has asked all these specific things each time but alot know from actual experience, which i dont have yet>

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Timeline

Not insisting, asking, as everyone says everyone needs to know more of the culture and ways just trying to learn, in other words, but i often wonder if they were asked would you get the same answer. and true i would like to actually hear it come from them sometime.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Timeline
could be, no one in particular, just in the asking of the different questions, does your SO, what would he.... I just find it little hard to think that each has asked all these specific things each time but alot know from actual experience, which i dont have yet>

I on the other hand don't find it hard to believe. I would assume and have hoped that this was something they discussed prior to getting engaged/married. I could pretty much answer anything on my SO's behalf because that is how well we know each other.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

We've talked about many many things, but this wasnt one of them, he does have a younger sister tho and i will ask.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Timeline
We've talked about many many things, but this wasnt one of them, he does have a younger sister tho and i will ask.

I think more importantly than asking "What would you do if your younger sister did this..?", would be to discuss the expectations of your children. At what age does he think it would be appropriate for his daughter to date if at all? This could casually lead you into a better more infomative discussion.

When I spoke to my fiance about this, I didn't just ask him. We discussed how to raise our children and talked about key issues in doing so. Baptisms, language, religion, dating, schools, etc. We talked about the kinds of issues facing kids growing up in the US have and how we would deal with them or try to.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think more importantly than asking "What would you do if your younger sister did this..?", would be to discuss the expectations of your children. At what age does he think it would be appropriate for his daughter to date if at all? This could casually lead you into a better more infomative discussion.

When I spoke to my fiance about this, I didn't just ask him. We discussed how to raise our children and talked about key issues in doing so. Baptisms, language, religion, dating, schools, etc. We talked about the kinds of issues facing kids growing up in the US have and how we would deal with them or try to.

Well of course! I think everyone discusses those things before marriage, that is, if they plan to have children. If one's SO did condone honor killings, surely it would come up as a result of those important discussions.

Timeline

Well of course! I think everyone discusses those things before marriage, that is, if they plan to have children. If one's SO did condone honor killings, surely it would come up as a result of those important discussions.

Exactly. :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

I think there are a significant number of people who do not discuss these things - at least in any real detail. And if something does come up in the discussion that makes one partner think twice, the impulse is to dismiss it as not really important or soemthing that will change when there really are children or after the marriage.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

I think there are a significant number of people who do not discuss these things - at least in any real detail. And if something does come up in the discussion that makes one partner think twice, the impulse is to dismiss it as not really important or soemthing that will change when there really are children or after the marriage.

I might be an exception then because this was part of the reason for my divorce.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.