Collie

NVC Filers - March 2014

4,714 posts in this topic

Hey Saylin,

I have a question. So, I requested a case number change, in the mean time should I pay the AOS and IV fees once they or available or wait until my case number has been changed?

Thanks.

July 28 2011- Married :dancing:

April 1 2013- Sent I-130

April 2 2013- NOA1

Nov 14 2013-Transferred to NSC

Nov 21- File touched

Jan 10, 2014- Approved! (NOA2)

Jan 13, 2014- Shipped out to NVC

Jan 27, 2014- Received by NVC

March 6,2014- Received Case Number and requested Case Number Change

March 9, 2014 -Sent in DS-261

March 10,2014 - Paid AOS Fee

March 22, 2014 - Sent in AOS Package

March 25,2014 - Paid IV Fee

March 26, 2014 - AOS Package picked up by a B.Standish

March 28, 2014 - IV fee shown as PAid

March 31, 2014 - Send corrections to AOS Package

April 1, 2014 - Corrected Aos Package received and signed by N Visa Center

April 5, 2014 - Case number changed finally

April 11, 2014- Got checklist for AOS

April 17, 2014- Submitted DS-260

April 18, 2014- Sent in IV package and AOS checklist

May 14, 2014- IV Checklist

May 16, 2014- Sent in IV Checklist

May 23, 2014- IV Checklist received

June 25, 2014- Case Complete

July 2, 2014- Receive CC email

July 11, 2014- Interview email received

July 21, 2014- Medical Done

Aug 26, 2014- Interview

Case in AP :ranting::ranting:

Oct 23, turned in needed documents

Case Updated- July 22, 30, Aug 5, Nov 2, Nov 4, Nov 8, Nov 15+16 (2015)

Nov 16-told to go to Embassy

Update Nov 29 + 30

Nov 29 - Gave Refusal Sheet :cry:

Informed that Case is being sent back to USCIS with intent to revoke :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Jan 12-13, 216 Case Date Update on CEAC

Feb 12,2016-Update on USCIS, case under review

Oct 14, 2016 NOIR sent out, received OCT 18, 2016

Dream-dj.png

Hey Saylin could you add me to your spreadsheet also please....... how soon is it TOO soon to start calling the NVC about our case.....I mean since we just got approved on 03/06?

Also slightly confused on the I-864 and I-864EZ form (looked at both) it says your household size yourself and the person your sponsoring and there's a 2 on part A and on part B it says your spouse since I'm sponsoring my husband would/shoyld I but a 1 there or skip it since the person I'm sponsoring IS my husband??

There are 3 requirements on the I-864EZ. If you meet them, you can use that.

As for the household count, for someone who is sponsoring their spouse and no other people in their household it should look like this:

864l.gif

Hi SAylin,

Thanks for you help in the past. I know I brought this up last time but will I get an email from NVC that my enroll for EP has been accepted? I sent the email Feb 19 for the enrollment but I havent received anything back. I checked the website from NVC and didnt see anything mentioned. The reason I am asking is because I saw a China petitioner have a note on his profile that his optin was accepted and given a code but this was from 2011. Thanks in advance.

boarder

yes, they will email you back. It takes about 2-3 weeks though which is why you send the email as soon as you have the case number. Don't send anything until after you get the email back or else you risk slowing your file down.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

So.. they're doing Jan 24th ?

:/

Does anybody think that calling three times the week actually helps ?

I've been doing that but I don't get a different answer.

This is getting a bit heartbreaking after waiting 8 months for a NOA2

Edited by gabeRao

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I made a mistake on my ds 260. On the given name box I forgot to add my middle name but on my full name box I mentioned my complete name. I am going to call NVC tomm. Informing them off my stupidity and asking them how can it be fixed? Anyone here who faced something like this or made an error on ds 260 can possibly advice on the next step. Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

You've been waiting a week is it ?

Or did the NVC receive your case Feb 2nd ?

My husband call them and he was told that they received our case on February 3.

He wrote to Embassy in Skopje for W7... and we were advice to write them. On February 11 he wrote them an email, and on March 3 we received e-mail from NVC that they received our case and to wait 30 days for further instructions.

Edited by B&T_P

Timeline

My husband call them and he was told that they received our case on February 3.

He wrote to Embassy in Skopje for W7... and we were advice to write them. On February 11 he wrote them an email, and on March 3 we received e-mail from NVC that they received our case and to wait 30 days for further instructions.

That's almost 40 days.

:(

Man this sucks

So.. they're doing Jan 24th ?

:/

Does anybody think that calling three times the week actually helps ?

I've been doing that but I don't get a different answer.

This is getting a bit heartbreaking after waiting 8 months for a NOA2

Who said they are doing Jan 24th???

Do you think they get through (at least) a day's worth of petitions in a day?. i.e: if they are at Jan 24th and my NOA2 is Feb 24th should i get my case in 1 month's time? (roughly)

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Timeline

Who said they are doing Jan 24th???

Do you think they get through (at least) a day's worth of petitions in a day?. i.e: if they are at Jan 24th and my NOA2 is Feb 24th should i get my case in 1 month's time? (roughly)

We don't know.

It looks like those in that proximity are gettin their case numbers.

This domino effect is ridiculous broo

i understand that everything takes ages but you have to stop being hysterical and overreact.

my husband called NVC last Thursday and the person he talked to told him that it takes ~30 business days (~6 weeks).

can you help me with my Q from the previous post, please?

Edited by observatorka

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.