Collie

NVC Filers - March 2014

4,714 posts in this topic

Hey BOS_LHR, can i ask, what exactly do the emails you get from the NVC state? Do they have you name and case number etc…. When they assign you a case number do they not send you any letters (such as USCIS and the I-797C NOA's)…..

…. I ask as (see my post a few posts back) I need this darn letter and doe guy told me I will get nothing from them….

This first email I received contains case number, IIN, and BIN along with an explanation of what the DS-261 is and instructions to go fill it out. Mind you, my case was in the system a week ago Monday, so it took them this long to send that info to me. This is the only correspondence I've had since receiving the second notice of action from USCIS.

Edit: Just received a second email moments after posting, instructing me to pay the AOS fee. Which is still not invoiced. Grrrr.

Edited by BOS_LHR

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

This first email I received contains case number, IIN, and BIN along with an explanation of what the DS-261 is and instructions to go fill it out. Mind you, my case was in the system a week ago Monday, so it took them this long to send that info to me. This is the only correspondence I've had since receiving the second notice of action from USCIS.

Edit: Just received a second email moments after posting, instructing me to pay the AOS fee. Which is still not invoiced. Grrrr.

Thanks! One more thing, that stuff on the first email is great.. However does it have both (or either) the petitioner and beneficiary names on it, and the signature at the bottom, was it a full signature, ie: had the name, address, contact details ect....

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

A little disheartened to see not many people have gotten case numbers in the last week, besides a few random lucky exceptions...unsure.png

And of course, the mood doesn't get any better when you call NVC and the lady yells at you thinking you have her on speakerphone. You'd think it'd be in their training at this point to know that some people have no choice but to call on Skype from abroad!dry.png

Here's to hoping they speed things up! It'll be great to not have to call them anymore sooner rather than later :P I'm lucky to be here with my husband (the beneficiary), but I know not everyone is so I am grateful even as we wait. Good luck, everyone!

I am the petitioner (USC). My husband is Senegalese.

6/10/2013: NOA1

1/21/2014: NOA2 (TSC)

2/6/2014: Received at NVC

3/13/2014: Case Number, IIN, BIN received by phone. Emails handed over.

3/17/2014: Submitted DS-261

3/18/2014: Received emails- AOS invoice and Case Number, IIN, BIN

3/19/2014: AOS available and paid (IN PROCESS)

3/19/2014: My part of AOS sent to joint sponsor from Senegal, awaiting PAID confirmation before joint sponsor sends to NVC

3/21/2014: AOS payment REJECTED. Paid again, payment IN PROCESS. Joint sponsor received AOS package in US

3/24/2014: AOS Payment went through account. Still in process at NVC.

3/25/2014: AOS PAID. IV Yellow Triangle in the morning. IV email and payment invoiced in the afternoon. IV payment IN PROCESS.

3/26/2014: IV payment taken out of bank account, still in process at NVC. IV packet sent via DHL from Senegal.

3/27/2014: IV shows PAID. DS-260 Submitted. AOS sent to NVC from Oregon.

3/28/2014: AOS and IV delivered (both signed by G.Peters)

4/1/2014: Both packets in the system

4/14/2014: Fake checklist for AOS. IV assumed accepted (will call to verify)

4/15/2014: Case complete (by phone)

4/22/2014: Case complete email

5/1/2014: Interview scheduled (confirmed by phone)

Interview

6/25/2014: Interview date!

Thanks! One more thing, that stuff on the first email is great.. However does it have both (or either) the petitioner and beneficiary names on it, and the signature at the bottom, was it a full signature, ie: had the name, address, contact details ect....

The DS-261 instruction email is made out to the beneficiary and includes full name & address at the top. Petitioner's information isn't anywhere on the document. NVC's address is given in the header and the letter is simply signed "Director, National Visa Center." Also worth noting that the letters are attached as PDFs rather than just instructions in the body of the email, which is nice for printing purposes.

ROC Timeline

04/07/2016 - NOA1

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

The DS-261 instruction email is made out to the beneficiary and includes full name & address at the top. Petitioner's information isn't anywhere on the document. NVC's address is given in the header and the letter is simply signed "Director, National Visa Center." Also worth noting that the letters are attached as PDFs rather than just instructions in the body of the email, which is nice for printing purposes.

OMG you may have just saved my life!!! So everything you just mentioned, name, address, case number etc etc is all on a pdf that i can download and print….. i:e this looks like a letter to anyone else (especially a photocopied one!)

By the way, i am seeing that people are getting their cases received at the NVC from the service centres in about 10-15 days. I was told to wait 8 weeks, I take it this is like the standard USCIS BS that we got on the i130?

Also do i just give them the USCIS MSC139xxxxx number to check if they have it? They asked for an NVC number and when i said i had my USCIS i130 he got really funny, asking what letter i had etc and when it was dated, when i said 25th Feb he snapped with the 8 week BS…!

USCIS

NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi Saylin

Maybe you can satisfy my curiosity. NVC received my AOS package on February 8. If incase the AOS was not processedor reviewed till April 16. Are they gonna RFE me for a new I-864 plus supporting documents? Or just the usual bring the tax transcripts to the embassy? Thanks

OMG you may have just saved my life!!! So everything you just mentioned, name, address, case number etc etc is all on a pdf that i can download and print….. i:e this looks like a letter to anyone else (especially a photocopied one!)

By the way, i am seeing that people are getting their cases received at the NVC from the service centres in about 10-15 days. I was told to wait 8 weeks, I take it this is like the standard USCIS BS that we got on the i130?

Also do i just give them the USCIS MSC139xxxxx number to check if they have it? They asked for an NVC number and when i said i had my USCIS i130 he got really funny, asking what letter i had etc and when it was dated, when i said 25th Feb he snapped with the 8 week BS…!

The recording when you first ring up says have your NVC case number or CIS receipt number ready -- they're expecting your receipt number initially to verify when they've received your file and to check whether you have a case number yet. Keep calling with that receipt number until they give you a case number. They never questioned me giving them an MSC number, you had bad luck this round but usually they're much nicer to deal with!

8 weeks is the standard response, yeah, don't worry. 2-3 is much more likely, particularly from CSC. When I called early on and they hadn't received my case, they would ask when my petition was approved, and I would vaguely say "a couple of weeks ago." They always fed me the "up to 8" line as well but mine took 14 days exactly.

ROC Timeline

04/07/2016 - NOA1

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

Hi Saylin

Maybe you can satisfy my curiosity. NVC received my AOS package on February 8. If incase the AOS was not processedor reviewed till April 16. Are they gonna RFE me for a new I-864 plus supporting documents? Or just the usual bring the tax transcripts to the embassy? Thanks

Since they received the package before the tax deadline (which is April 15, not the 16th), it'll be fine. Plus, the package will be reviewed before then anyways. Although, as I mentioned at the end of post 2, your interview will likely be after then, so you'll need 2013 tax information at the interview.

The recording when you first ring up says have your NVC case number or CIS receipt number ready -- they're expecting your receipt number initially to verify when they've received your file and to check whether you have a case number yet. Keep calling with that receipt number until they give you a case number. They never questioned me giving them an MSC number, you had bad luck this round but usually they're much nicer to deal with!

8 weeks is the standard response, yeah, don't worry. 2-3 is much more likely, particularly from CSC. When I called early on and they hadn't received my case, they would ask when my petition was approved, and I would vaguely say "a couple of weeks ago." They always fed me the "up to 8" line as well but mine took 14 days exactly.

Thanks BOS_LHR….!

Hopefully this PDF attachment will satisfy the HK police's requirement for a letter! I guess when i print it, it will look like a letter (so to speak)

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

Since they received the package before the tax deadline (which is April 15, not the 16th), it'll be fine. Plus, the package will be reviewed before then anyways. Although, as I mentioned at the end of post 2, your interview will likely be after then, so you'll need 2013 tax information at the interview.

Merci beaucoup for the quick response.

It would be nice if you actually ran the NVC center. Back logging wouldn't have been an issue.

Merci beaucoup for the quick response.

It would be nice if you actually ran the NVC center. Back logging wouldn't have been an issue.

Bienvenue ;)

And haha, I wish! That'd be so awesome!! I'm in the process of moving to another state in a few weeks and looking for jobs XD

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a checklist for the AOS, but I kind of knew I would. When responding for the checklist do I resubmit the whole document or just the modifications they need?

1/15/2013 - Married

USCIS:
4/11: Mailed out IR-30 via FedEx Ground
4/15: Forms received by USCIS Chicago (Signed)

12/2: Case Transferred to CSC

12/17/2013: NOA-2!!!! (8 Months, 2 days)

NVC:

12/27/2013: Case received by NVC

1/23/2014: NVC Case #, BIN, & IIN received.

1/31/2014: DS-261 Available & filled out.

2/4/2014: AOS Invoice available & paid

2/7/2014: I-864(AOS) completed & sent

2/11/2014: IV Bill availiable and paid.

2/14/2014: DS-260 completed (IV)

2/14/2014: DS-260 support documents sent

2/26/2014: I-864 (AOS) documents received and logged by NVC.

3/4/2014: Checklist for AOS ( I knew it :|a)

3/5/2014: Checklist for AOS submitted

3/7/2014: DS-260 documents received & logged by NVC

3/13/2014: IV packet + documents approved and logged

4/14:2014: Case Complete!!! (3 months 2 weeks 4 days @NVC)

Consulate:

Medical: 05/28/2014

Interview: 06/03/2014 (?)

Consulate didn't like our police records, have to resend--> AP

APPROVED: 07/02/2014

visa in hand: 07/11/2014

PoE: Halifax Stanfield International (07/25/2014)

REMOVING CONDITIONS:

06/10/2016: Packet Mailed

06/16/2016: Check Cashed

7/11/2016: Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

Bienvenue ;)

And haha, I wish! That'd be so awesome!! I'm in the process of moving to another state in a few weeks and looking for jobs XD

Consider opening your own immigration consultation office.

Or add a donation link in the forum. Many like me will be delighted to donate.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ahh I got emails from the NVC. Its exciting to see those :D The AOS is apparently ready to pay but isn't available to pay on the CEAC website. what a pain!

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.