Collie

NVC Filers - March 2014

4,714 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Are you sure that you've received the I-130 case number?? We received our I-129F also very fast, but the I-130 is still in progress...

Yes, I only gave them my 130 case number from USCIS and they gave me all the info.

USCIS

08-09-2013: Sent I-130 packet

08-13-2013: I-130 NOA1

08-26-2013: Sent I-129F packet

08-28-2013: I-129F NOA1

09-10-2013: I-129F Alien registration number changed

02-03-2014: I-130 and I-129F Transfer to California Service Center

02-13-2014 (AM): I-130 Alien registration number changed

02-13-2014(PM): I-130 and I-129F Approved

NVC

02-27-2014(?): NVC Case Received

03-03-2014: Case Number and IIN assigned; Provided my wife's email address (they had mine on file already)

03-03-2014: DS-261 Available and submitted to NVC

03-04-2014: AOS payment email from NVC

03-05-2014: AOS invoice available on portal; AOS paid

03-06-2014: DS-261 in NVC system awaiting review

03-07-2014: AOS/I-864EZ packet express mailed to NVC

03-08-2014: Received hardcopy in the mail from NVC stating that my K3 Visa application was closed due to the I-130 approval

03-10-2014: AOS shows "PAID"

03-10-2014: AOS packet arrived at NVC

03-12-2014: AOS packet in the system

03-18-2014: IV invoice icon changed from locked folder to yellow exclamation indicating payment to be available soon

03-19-2014: IV invoice/agent email received; IV invoice available on CEAC few hours later; IV invoice paid

03-20-2014: IV Packet express mailed to NVC

03-21-2014: IV invoice shows "PAID"

03-21-2014: IV Packet arrived at NVC

03-21-2014: DS-260 Complete

03-25-2014: IV Packet in the system

03-27-2014: False checklist for IV civil documents. AOS Accepted

04-04-2014: Case Complete

04-11-2014: Case Complete Email

04-11-2014: Interview date assigned for May 22nd

05-22-2014: Visa Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My AOS fees are ready to pay now.

Kaylara, do you realize by just logging in or did you get any email? I received my case # when you did and still says my case is in the process of termination.

I-130 NOA1: 03/04/2013

Transferred to NSC: 11/6/2013

i-130 NOA2: 01//06/2014 FINALLY!!!!!!

Also, can someone please add me back to the processing times spreadsheet please ?

NOA2 at CSC - approval date - 2/11/2014

NVC receive date - 2/21/2014

Looks like i got thrown out sad.png

"Someone" means me. Only one person can edit the spreadsheet... moi ;)

And I removed you since you never replied with what service center you were going through. Please fill in your timeline otherwise I'll remove you again.

is there a google doc for the nvc ?

If you're referring to a spreadsheet, then yes, there's one. I made it. It's linked in both my signature as well as post 1.

Hello Saylin,

I have a small doubt.

I am the beneficiary and am filling DS-260 but I am little confused.

In my Birth certificate name of my father is SHAH Jayesh Piyushbhai (SURNAME---Fathers name--Grandfathers name) and in my passport my fathers name is SHAH Jayesh Piyushlal. A minor error in Grandfathers name. Actually both are correct as suffix "LAL" and "BHAI" are used interchangeably in India for males as a gratitude.

I will be filling out DS-260 with the name that appears in Birth Certificate.

I think not all country passports mention fathers name right....? and the true document for fathers name evidence is birth certificate. Right

Is this an issue???

If they're interchangeable, then use whichever. You're not going to get a checklist for something like that.

i just paid IV fee!!!

can anyone answer me will be any problem if i send 2013 w2 on aos packet?

If you send JUST the 2013 W2s, you'll get a checklist for 2013 tax returns.

Saylin,

So i called up the Medical place..they say they will hand deliver the medical results to the Embassy themselves.

Now if that is the case, do i have to ensure that my file has reached the embassy from NVC before going to the doctor? Im worried..what if the medical results are given to the embassy before my casefile reaches them..medical results can get misplaced, no?

If the panel physician sends the medical results directly to the embassy/consulate, it's better until the embassy/consulate has your case on hand, so the medical results can easily be matched up.

Hey guys, please do not hate my questions... I am really confused and I know that some people have the same AOS related questions here, so it would be very helpful to get the answers... And again, sorry if I did not see the answers to these questions before. NVC process seems more confusing than USCIS.

1. I still do not understand how many copies of everything we need. For example, we need to send to NVC original police certificates, but then the checklist for the interview also states we need originals of police certificates. Do we need to get two originals of each police certificate?

2. Do we need to submit (i) a divorce decree, (ii) military records, if any, and (iii) birth certificate of beneficiary only?

3. Do we have to submit photographs proving our relationship to NVC AND TO THE EMBASSY?

4. Is it mandatory to fill out the I-261 form? What if we do not have an attorney or any other agent except for the two of us? Is the petitioner going to be an agent of the beneficiary?

5. The checklist for the interview in Warsaw states that at the interview we have to submit "a full marriage certificate (one copy for every spouse)". What does this mean "one copy for every spouse"? I can have only one original and a certified copy of it.

6. For those people who are eligible for electronic processing, how do you send certified copies of everything? It seems that it is better to send everything by mail...

Thanks!

1. You need to send originals/certified copies to NVC. You don't need to bring any to the interview as NVC will forward the documents to the embassy/consulate for the interview.

2. Yes. The IV package is about the beneficiary, not the petitioner (except is IR-5 cases where some petitioner documents are required).

3. Nope, that's optional (but recommended for MENA countries).

4. Yes. If you don't fill out the DS-261, then the IV bill won't be invoiced, thus you won't be able to send the IV package, thus no case complete. It's because you do NOT have an attorney/lawyer that you need to fill the form out. Most people select the petitioner as agent, but it honestly doesn't matter who (beneficiary, petitioner, or even someone else) is chosen.

5. Don't worry. You'll be submitting the original/certified copy to NVC which will be forwarded to them for the interview, as I stated previously.

6. You're not eligible for EP, so don't concern yourself with this. You can only snail mail packages.

Hello Saylin,

This is with regards to an I-864 AOS question. I called the NVC twice about this and they seem to just want to rush you and i never got a proper answer....so I plan on just using common sense while filling the AOS and hope for the best but I was hoping you can help me hammer out the best course of action to take in my scenario.

My wife a US citizen is currently petitioning for her father. My wife who lives in the USA, does not work and neither will her father when he arrives to the USA (he is over 68 years old). The petition is currently at the NVC stage and we should be in the process of submitting the AOS soon.

My wife and I filed our US taxes jointy for the last 3 years

I am a US citizen as well and am currently living and working for a US company overseas. last year I made 125k (that number shows up on line 7 of the 1040 under wages and salaries) but since I am claiming it as foreign earned income (which gives me a tax break on federal taxes upto 97k a year) the total income (line 22 of the 1040) shows up as 24k which is below the Poverty Guidelines. my W2 reflect my correct wages (125k a year)

in this case how will my wife enter part 5 and Part 6 on the I864 since she and I filled jointly on our taxes but I will not be filling out an I864A since i am not domiciled in the USA?

she will need to account for me in the household size (part 5) but it seems that she wouldnt be allowed to add me in Part 6 question 6.

and also what about Part 6 question 13 a.b.c how will she enter the income for the last 3 years?

My wife is currently staying with my brothers and his family, since my brother cant be part of our housesold size because we cant add him to part 5 question 7. he wouldnt qualify to file an I864A and must file an I864 as a joint sponsor.do you think this might cause a problem since my wife and the joint sponsor share the same residence?

Cheers,

You'll still be counted for in the household size as the spouse. But yes, if you're not going to file an I-864A, then you won't be mentioned in P6Q6. As for question 13, she'll put whatever the total income (if you filed a 1040) is listed on the tax transcript for each year.

Nope, not a problem for the brother to include an I-864 instead of an I-864A. I typically only recommend filing an I-864A in the case of spouses of a sponsor anyways. Remember, just because one is living under the same roof (aka address) doesn't mean they're in the same household. So, it'll be fine.

Saylin, sorry for your loss.

I was wondering if anyone knew when the 2013 transcript from here - http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

would be available for printing? I sent it via snailmail maybe 2-3 weeks ago and it still says they did not receive 2013 yet.

Also, can anyone help me with how to sign up via email for the next round of email notices after the first stage? I see some of you are getting notifications of arrival to NVC but I have not received any emails since I was approved- wondering if there is a new place to sign up for that?

Thanks in advance.

Transcripts are available once the IRS has processed the return and issued a refund (if applicable). I got my refund on 2/14 and when I checked on 2/17, the transcript was available (I'm assuming it was available on 2/14 but I didn't think of checking since I don't need the transcript).

And you simply give over both email addresses to an operator after a case number is assigned.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Woohoo, congrats! biggrin.png Well that's my day done, I'll be logging in every 10 min from here on out!

Ha I know right? That's awesome Kaylara! I'm going to be constantly checking now all day...when really I should be processing our accounts reconciliation at work!

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

"Someone" means me. Only one person can edit the spreadsheet... moi wink.png

And I removed you since you never replied with what service center you were going through. Please fill in your timeline otherwise I'll remove you again.

Ok.

Oops

Done!

Hi saylin, I have a question regarding AOS . My wife is a USC n earned 30k in 2013 n she lives with her parents n brother . My question is is she qualify to sponsor me alone herself without ny other sponsor? Do I have to count her family as a household member ? N m I eligible for i864ez ? Coz I m the only one beneficiary n she earns 30k a yr n wat else do I have to include in my AOS package? Pls ny help will be helpful . Thanks in advance

It depends on the household size. If it's just you and her, then yes, she's above the poverty line. Have you not looked at I-864P yet?

And if she's not claiming her parents and brother on her taxes, then they're in two different households.

Whether you're eligible or not for the I-864EZ depends. Read the three criteria. If you meet them all, then you're eligible.

What's needed in the AOS package is listed in posts 1 and 2. Please go read them as you're missing valuable information...

Hi all, we paid our AOS fees back on the 13th Feb, and we still haven't been invoiced for our IV bill - is this normal?! Should we call the NVC and tell someone?

Also one other q - once the IV bill is FINALLY invoiced, can we send our IV packet off before our AOS packet? (Does it matter which order?)

The IV bill has NOTHING to do with the AOS track. It's dependent on the DS-261 being accepted and added to the case file. What's the status of the DS-261 when you've been calling?

And doesn't matter which package is sent first. NVC reviews whatever they get first.

Hi Saylin

I see from your FAQ's that it says the following... If you do get a checklist for one of the packages, you do NOT have to use that bar-coded cover sheet; you can still use the one from the payment portal.

When you say "do NOT have to" is it still ok to use the new one the provided? Is either one ok?

I think my wife used the new one as that was instructed in the email.

Yes, it's fine.

Ok, so I am about to email in my IV packet. I read in post 1 & 2 and the suggestion is to add the case number digitally to the PDF files. I am able to do this...however it does seem strange to be typing text ON the marriage license. The other documents there is space outside of the info (documentation) to type in the case number.

Since I am including the statement that these are exact copies of unaltered documents, I don't know if adding text to the marriage license would be the best idea...

Has anyone has an issue with adding the case number ON the marriage certificate? Any other suggestions on what might work better?

Thanks!

I had no problems adding it digitally. If you don't want to, you can always use post-it notes, then scan the documents in again. Or, just leave it out. It's up to you.

So, we are still waiting for court documents from Orangeville and Brampton Ontario Canada for our checklist. I am so desperate I texted Mayor Rob Ford for his assistance.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Guys,

I just need a confirmation here. I am 99.9% sure of the answer but Im on 4.5 hrs sleep and have done so much reading that I think my brain is on the verge of shutting down.

For AOS, my husband can use the I-864EZ as:

I am the sole beneficiary

He is not using co-sponsor

And will only be using his salary to meet the poverty guidelines.

Correct???

Thanks!

If you meet the three criteria, then yes, you can use the form ;)

Is anyone putting case numbers and/or names on the AOS documents? I'm wondering if I should do this...

I recommend it for both packages. The reasoning: if a paper gets misplaced and it does NOT have the case number, then it'll be very hard and depending on what sheet, even impossible, so in those cases, they'll just issue a checklist. But, if it has the case number and it gets misplaced, it can much easier be re-joined to the case file.

how do i sign up for email notification

At NVC? Give over both email addresses to an operator after a case number has been assigned.

Hi Saylin (or anyone else who may be able to help)

We are having a bit of a headache with this AOS checklist. I thought my wife understood how to proceed but it seems as though there is still some confusion.

We got a checklist yesterday which said "xxxxxxxxxxxxx's income indicated on the I-864EZ part 19 does not correspond to that shown on the most recent tax return and W-2's".

Now, if you look at the I-864EZ instructions it says to use total income if you file 1040 or 1040A tax return and use adjusted income if you file 1040EZ. My wife files 1040A

My wife spoke to a NVC representative yesterday who advised her to resubmit I-864EZ with section 5 line 19 the same as line 22 from her tax return. Line 22 on her tax return is her adjusted gross income.

Her question is do we submit total income amount or adjusted gross income amount??.... I-864EZ instructions tells us total income but NVC rep said line 22 of tax return yesterday which is adjusted gross income.

We are going to call again today, but I thought I would reach out in the hope that Saylin or someone else could make sense of this mess!

Many thanks all!

If a 1040A was filed, then total income is used. I believe the operator was confused. That's why I always suggest calling five different times and take the majority answer, as some operators don't exactly give out right information headbonk.gif

Should I be worried or call NVC about not getting a IV invoice yet. It's been 15 days since I submitted DS-261 and got an email from them on Feb 26 that they received it. But no IV invoice.

Keep in mind, they're going through a backlog at the moment ;)

I have a few AOS questions:

Part 4. Information on the Sponsor:

I am living in Canada with my wife and have been for more than 10 years. Therefore, I am submitting proof to re-establish Domicile in the U.S. However, I still have a mailing and physical address in the U.S. (my mother's house). I still receive mail there and I am still listed under the phone number there.

Question 1: Sponsor's Mailing Address & Place of Residence: Should I put my mailing address in Canada or U.S.; place of residence: should I put my U.S. Address or Canadian Address?

Question 2: Country of Domicile: Should I put: 1.) U.S.A. (See supporting proof for intent to re-establish Domicile) or 2.) Canada (Proof of intent to re-establish Domicile in the USA is attached)?

I believe it's...

1. Canada (since you're technically still living there)

2. USA (since that's where you're planning on moving to)

Then include proof.

Ok.

Oops

Done!

good.gif Thank you! Timelines help out other VJ members, especially when it comes to using data features on this site.

"Someone" means me. Only one person can edit the spreadsheet... moi wink.png

Could you add me to the Spreadsheet? My NOA2 date is 03/03/14 via CSC :)

Could you add me to the Spreadsheet? My NOA2 date is 03/03/14 via CSC smile.png

Added!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For those of you who just submitted the DS-261 yesterday, are your AOS fees ready to pay yet? I'm so impatient wanting them to show up!

I submitted my DS-261 on Friday (February 28th) and still no AOS bill..:(

USCIS:

• 02/25/13 : I-130 Filed NBC
  • 02/28/13 : NOA1
  • 10/23/13 : Case transferred to Nebraska Service center
  • 12/06/13 : NOA2

NVC:

• 01/03/14 : Shipped to NVC.
  • 01/17/14 : NVC recieved the case.
  • 02/24/14 : Case number assigned and IIN/BIN.
  • 02/28/14 : DS-261 Available and completed.
  • 03/03/14 : Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee.
  • 03/04/14 : AOS invoice available and paid(In Process).
  • 03/04/14 : DS-261 Accepted.
  • 03/05/14 : AOS package sent to NVC.
  • 03/06/14 : AOS bill shows PAID.
  • 03/10/14 : AOS package received at NVC (Dock).
  • 03/12/14 : AOS entered into the System.
  • 03/18/14 : IV invoice available and paid(In Process).
  • 03/20/14 : IV package sent to NVC.
  • 03/21/14 : IV bill shows PAID || DS-260 Available || IV package received at NVC (Dock).
  • 03/22/14 : DS-260 Completed.
  • 03/25/14 : IV packet entered into the System.
  • 03/28/14 : Checklist for leaving a space blank on the I-864A form, Part-1, Item-3 :(
  • 03/29/14 : Checklist response express mailed.
  • 03/31/14 : Checklist response received at NVC (Dock).
  • 04/02/14 : Checklist response entered into the System.
  • 04/04/14 : IV packet and DS-260 Accepted.
  • 04/14/14 : Case Complete :dancing:
  • 04/21/14 : Case Complete e-mail.
  • 04/30/14 : Interview scheduled for JUNE 3rd :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
  • 05/01/14 : Received Interview Letter (P4)
  • 05/08/14 : Medical Done

Yes, I only gave them my 130 case number from USCIS and they gave me all the info.

In that case.. Consider yourself lucky!! :) Congrats!

Our Journey:

USCIS:

07-24-2013: PD I-130

08-20-2013: PD I-129

01-03-2014 Transfer to TSC

02-01-2014 NOA2 both petitions

02-05-2014 I-129 sent to NVC

02-14-2014 I-130 sent to NVC

NVC:

02-18-2014 I-129 received, Case number & IIN available

02-20-2014 I-129 sent to consulate

02-25-2014 I-130 received by NVC

02-26-2014 Received letter with instructions from US consulate to follow up with for the K3 visa

03-28-2014 Case number and INN received

03-31-2014 Received email that invoices are ready to be paid

03-31-2014 Invoices paid by bank

04-02-2014 Invoices show PAID

04-03-2014 DS-260 filed by Lawyer

04-04-2014 AOS and IV package sent by Lawyer to NVC

04-25-2014 Checklist AOS and Birth Certificate - Lawyer clueless - sigh

04-30-2014 New birth certificates with apostilles

05-01-2014 Sent package to Lawyer with updated docs

05-05-2014 Lawyer sent out new package to NVC

05-06-2014 NVC received updated package

05-07-2014 NVC logged package in their system

06-02-2014 Case Complete - Waiting for email and interview date :clock: :clock: :clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had no problems adding it digitally. If you don't want to, you can always use post-it notes, then scan the documents in again. Or, just leave it out. It's up to you.

Thanks for your input :)

Also, could you add me to the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

s-event.png s-event.png
IR-1/CR-1 Visa : National Benefits Center NVC Received: 2014-01-08
Consulate : Montreal, Canada NVC Case Number: 2014-02-07
Marriage : 2013-02-22 Paid I-864 Bill: 2014-02-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-03-16 Sent I-864 Docs: 2014-02-14
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-20 Paid IV Bill: 2014-03-03
Trans. to NSC : 2013-11-05 Sent IV Docs: 2014-03-04
I-130 NOA2: 2013-12-16 Submitted DS-260: 2014-03-06

Case Complete 2014-03-21

Interview & APPROVED 2014-05-08

POE 2014-06-21

Thanks for your input smile.png

Also, could you add me to the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

Added!

Pls saylin,quick question,can I use just taxes from 2010,2011 and 2012.i filed tax extension for 2013,and for the i864EZ, part 7,do I leave it blank or do I put N/A.someone said not to leave anything blank

Please read the bottom of post 2 about your tax question.

You can leave part 7 blank, it's fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.