Collie

NVC Filers - March 2014

4,714 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

me i have yellow triangle since day before yesterday, and in the middle of cr-1, today i received a letter from embassy that my interview for K3 is scheduled for April 17. :)

Are you going for the K3?

I really hope my K3 makes also to the embassy as it seems I have a long way to wait for the IR1.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Are you going for the K3?

I really hope my K3 makes also to the embassy as it seems I have a long way to wait for the IR1.

Yes, yes, today we wrote e-mail to Embassy and explain them our situation that we're in the middle of CR-1 processing, and that we want continue with K3, so I'm waiting for response.

I received letter today with instruction what to bring and to scheduled my medical.

Edited by B&T_P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

B & T_P you got your interview 22 days after it was received by the embassy! Fast. Have you had your medical already? I see you have paid your AOS fee but you're still going with the k3?

Married 2013/05/24

.i130 sent. 2013/05/25.

NOAI rec'd. 2013/06/12.

Transferred to TSC. 2013/12/27.

NOA2 rec'd. 2014/01/27

NVC Rec'd 2014/02/11

IIN &case no. rec'd 2014/03/19

DS261submitted 2014/03/21

AOS invoice ready 2014/03/24

Ds260submitted. 2014/04/09

I130 in transit to embassy as per CEAC 2014/04/09

I130 rec'd in embassy 2014/04/11

Email with interview date 2014/04/11

letter with interview date and instructions 2014/04/15

Interview scheduled for 2014/04/29

VISA APPROVED!!! 2014/04/29.

Visa issued. 2014/05/02

Flight to Seattle. 2014/05/14!!!!

I129 sent. 2013/06/17NOA 1 rec'd. 2013/06/29NOA 2 rec'd. 2014/02/10NVC rec'd. 2014/02/11Rec'd by embassy. 2014/02/27Email from embassy with case no. and telling me how to proceed 2014/03/01Ds160 submitted online 2014/03/01medical scheduled for 2014/03/28Medical report received by embassy 2014/04/02Ceac status updated to ' READY' 2014/04/03 ( waiting for interview to be scheduled)Ceac status updated again!! 2014/04/08I129 will be closed and i130 being processed, 2014/04/09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, yes, today we wrote e-mail to Embassy and explain them our situation that we're in the middle of CR-1 processing, and that we want continue with K3, so I'm waiting for response.

Good luck! Please keep us posted with the progress?

Did you do the medical yet?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

B & T_P you got your interview 22 days after it was received by the embassy! Fast. Have you had your medical already? I see you have paid your AOS fee but you're still going with the

:))) I wrote them e-mail, waiting for response. I HOPE we can continue with K3 now.

No they send me post mail with instructions, as i told you before, that's why i was waiting for the letter.

Yes we paid 88 dollars, but what is 88 dollars compering to be as soon as possible with my honey (L)!!!

Edited by B&T_P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hi everyone

Finally got the case # 24th. DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid. Planning to send the AOS package in a week time.

How long it will take before IV fee is available? I need to apply for police character certificates which will only be valid for 6 months..wondering what might be the best time to apply for those to stay within validity up to my interview..

Edited by kufss

I always get stuck with the bad ones, Haven't gotten any of the helpful ones as of yet :-(

I had Mike today, I got the stern "Wait 30 business days" and nothing more.

I got the same response also... on top of that, the rep said to call at the end of April and I said its almost 50 days and he goes "yes, we are backlogged and its taking a long time"

Can't wait for this non sense to be over with...

I filed my 2013 taxes about 2 weeks ago by paper. I was wondering can I send my 2012 tax info with the AOS package since its before April 15th and then give them the 2013 transcript at the interview? Or should I just wait until my 2013 taxes is completed then send the AOS package?

Edited by Atrain01

I called today, didn't note who I was speaking with because I was so surprised I got to an actual person! I have been calling but endlessly on hold or busy. Was told my case was received a month ago, but has no visa number yet and to call back mid-April :(

Never knew we were missing so much, sorry! I tried to add as best I could from the emails I had from NVC along with clarification on the other things you asked.

As a side note: My wife called back to the NVC and they told her it was because it was too decorative despite it actually being a long form birth certificate. The lady then proceeded to tell her that she would forward it to a supervisor which will delay the case 30 business days and to wait 25 days before calling back.

If that isn't a punch in the gut...

Updated.

And that's an interesting reason :bonk: Hopefully the supervisor can take care of it... and fast!

Hello!

Our case was received at NVC 02/18 and the case number was assigned last Friday, 03/21.

Yesterday (03/25) we were able to submit the payment online for the AOS and the IV. @Saylin, could you please update our info on the NVC Processing Time Spreadsheet? Thank you :)

Also, yesterday, our lawyer has dissolved our legal partnership (because we called NVC to get some updates without asking him first...). So we are on our own now! As we officially had a lawyer when the AOS and IV fees were invoiced, we did not complete the DS-261. We emailed NVC to remove our lawyer's name and declare my husband as the agent. No news yet from NVC.

Do you think we could have mess things up by paying already without official agent? Will we have to complete a DS261 and, if yes, should we wait for it to be accepted to send our packages?

Finally, random question : our "lawyer" once told us we should send more relationship proofs with the IV package. During our final call yesterday, he told me the contrary. I am confused..! So : no more proofs or more proofs??

Thank you all.

Updated!

And since you're going through France (a low-fraud country), it's not necessary to send proof of relationship evidence in the IV package. This is usually only important in MENA countries or those cases with red flags.

Hi all,

Its sort of a repeat question but I'm trying to figure out what my attorney is saying. We havet he DS-260 available online however, we're not completing it as we're waiting on a checklist to come in for the lawyer with a bar code. Is anyone familiar with it. The lawyer is asking us to hold off on completing the online DS-260 until that happens. If this is the case, does anyone have an idea of when to expect this checklist to be emailed?

Thanks,

I'm not sure why you're waiting on some un-related checklist to fill the DS-260 online... The DS-260 is an online form, separate from the AOS and IV packages.

Question- my DS-261 shows "completed", should it say "accepted"? I filled it out over a week ago. Thanks!

It doesn't change from completed. You need to call NVC to find out when it's accepted.

Hi Saylin,

I read your DS-260 sample cover letter. This line doesn't make sense to me:

"Scanned copies of documents submitted are exact copies of unaltered documents and I understand that I will be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at the interview."
Can you explain it? Another thing is the cover letter is dated 2011, is this an old cover letter needing changes since 2011? Also, I know you told previously that both the AOS and IV packages can be sent together and also I think I read that both are processed at separate departments, so how to send them together?

That's for those going through EP. That doesn't concern you; ignore it.

Yes, you can send packages together. If you read the wiki, I give an explanation of what I would do if I was sending in the two packages together.

Saylin, another doubt regarding the DS-260 cover letter is I will be mailing the documents to my husband to send them in on my behalf, so what changes need to be done in the fields of BENEFICIARY'S SIGNATURE, BENEFICIARY'S NAME, AND BENEFICIARY'S ADDRESS? Please add my details to the spreadsheet you are maintaining.

NOA2: March 6, 2014

Transferred from NBC to NVC and approved from NVC.

Nothing needs to be changed. Just input your information as usual. Doesn't matter if NVC receives the package from within the US or abroad.

And added. I think you mean Nebraska and not NVC? :P

Hubby just sent out the IV packet!! Please update the spreadsheet, Saylin :) And congrats on your job, move, and life changes. Hope you are loving your new place and that you will love your new job.

For others who want to know, IV payment not yet PAID on CEAC, but in process and already taken out of my account...and AOS was supposed to be sent out yesterday by my joint sponsor in the US, but hasn't been confirmed yet (it's still early in Oregon). Will update again once he fills me in (I've stopped bothering him about it), so that the spreadsheet can be updated.

Feeling lucky this week :) Hoping for a very quick case complete!

Updated!

And thanks ^_^

Timeline

I filed my 2013 taxes about 2 weeks ago by paper. I was wondering can I send my 2012 tax info with the AOS package since its before April 15th and then give them the 2013 transcript at the interview? Or should I just wait until my 2013 taxes is completed then send the AOS package?

I wrote that couple a days ago, in our AOS package my husband put w7 and 1040 some form that you use for taxes, because also it was not ready yet.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you have already filed your 2013 tax returns then why not just send that. Thats what I did. Just send in the copies of your W2 and/or 1099. If you want to make sure your 2013 tax returns were accepted by IRS, call them and ask them. Once they say yes just send in 2013 tax returns.

USCIS Step:
04/19/2013: NOA1 for both parents
04/17/2013: PD
11/26/2013: Transferred to California Service Center

01/14/2014: Reply to RFE Received by CSC

01/28/2014: Email Update/Txt Received for Approval

02/01/2014: Approval Notice received in Mail

****** Both I-130s approved in about 9.5 months ******

NVC Step:

02/07/2014: Case Received by NVC

03/17/2014: Received Case/Invoice Number

03/18/2014: Submitted DS261

03/19/2014: Paid AOS online (one payment for both cases)

03/22/2014: Sent AOS Packages to NVC (separately for each parent)

03/24/2014: AOS Packages delivered to NVC (as per the USPS Tracking)

03/27/2014: IV Fees Available and Paid Online

04/05/2014: IV Documents sent to NVC

04/06/2014: DS260 submitted online

04/07/2014: IV Documents delivered to NVC

05/01/2014: AOS Approved

05/29/2014: Case Complete !!!

06/11/2014: Interview Letter Received via email

****** Took about 4 months at this NVC stage ******

06/18/2014: Medical/Physical Exam Completed

07/03/2014: Interview Completed

07/09/2014: Visas Issued :dancing:

********** Entire process took 14 Months 2 weeks and 6 days *************

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I always get stuck with the bad ones, Haven't gotten any of the helpful ones as of yet :-(

I had Mike today, I got the stern "Wait 30 business days" and nothing more.

Guy named Anthony NO GOOD.

How many phone lines are they supposed to have at NVC again? Was it 60? I bet the VJ community could prepare dossiers on all of them! :rofl:

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Timeline

How many phone lines are they supposed to have at NVC again? Was it 60? I bet the VJ community could prepare dossiers on all of them! :rofl:

:rofl:

I'm on this forum since October, and it's the best place to share visa experiences because when you talk with other people they're looking you weird, because they just can't understand what we're going thru. They can't even imagine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.