Collie

NVC Filers - March 2014

4,714 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Quick question regarding the police certificate for the IV package:

Do I need to get it right before mailing the package?

I got it last week and I was planning on getting the apostille and translating it to have it ready, but since I won't be mailing the package any time soon I was wonderting if I should wait and go get another certificate right before that.

it depends on how long it takes to expires. I know for some countries it expires within 3, 6 or 12 months.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Saylin, just realized I never requested a spot on your magnificent spreadsheet. Please add me! :)

Service Center: California
NOA2: January 7
NVC Received: January 21
Case # Assigned: February 24
Sent AOS: March 6
Sent IV: March 19
Submitted DS-260: March 20

Pls dwheels on the I-1864ez form part 5 no 18,the question says your annual individual income is currently_,what do I write there?

Put the petitioner's full salary for 2014.

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

guys

so I checked the other names used on DS-260. and tped my maiden surname, below that is other given name used, should I leave it blank or put n/a.

Nov 5 2013: NOA 1Priority date

Dec 11 2013: NOA2

Feb 4: DS-261 available (choice of agent) mistakes done

Feb 6:AOS fee generated

Feb 7:AOS payment

Feb 10: AOS Paid

Feb 18: DS-261 submitted (2nd time)

March 11: CR2 IV invoiced

March 20: AOS checklist mailed off

March 21: CR1 IV invoiced

March 22: CR2 and CR1 IV payment made

March 25: IV paid & DS-260 done

March 28: IV packets sent

April 11: CASE COMPLETE (called NVC)

May 14: Interview Schedule

I guess I cant leave it blank so I just put my given name again to it. would that be a problem?

Nov 5 2013: NOA 1Priority date

Dec 11 2013: NOA2

Feb 4: DS-261 available (choice of agent) mistakes done

Feb 6:AOS fee generated

Feb 7:AOS payment

Feb 10: AOS Paid

Feb 18: DS-261 submitted (2nd time)

March 11: CR2 IV invoiced

March 20: AOS checklist mailed off

March 21: CR1 IV invoiced

March 22: CR2 and CR1 IV payment made

March 25: IV paid & DS-260 done

March 28: IV packets sent

April 11: CASE COMPLETE (called NVC)

May 14: Interview Schedule

Saylin, add me to the spreadsheet. NOA2 on 3/10/14. Thanks!

Added!

LOL! Very possible. I once received a favorable comment from an officer at JFK after I told him what I do for a living. Then another time, a USDA officer at EWR said he didn't need to search my luggage because, as a broker, I know I could lose my job if I bring anything illegal :innocent:

Ohh, good to hear! Maybe I'll actually see a smile from those US customs officers! :lol:

Saylin, congrats on your new job.

So I decided to fill my DS260 as its already available. Regarding the question, Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? I dont have any vaccination records with me so I selected NO but it asks for explanation what would be the best way to answer it. Thanks.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no on this question, both are correct. Some people (like myself) do have vaccinations (that are required in the US) with documentation to prove it, so I of course put yes. Others on the hand, either don't have the vaccines or the documentation to prove it (or both). In those cases, just explain you don't have one or the other (or both) and then just mention you'll have a medical done later on, before the interview, in which you'll obtain the missing vaccines and/or get the documentation to show it. Simple as that. There's no need to stress yourselves over such a simple question.

pls help me i receved this email.. is this a false checklist or not. and what are they needed?

*mnl********* CHECKLIST
March 22, 2014
NVC Case Number: MNL************
Dear J****************************:
We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant
visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents
which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required
information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview.
Please read the enclosed information to determine where to send all required copies of missing
documents. If you have any questions regarding this letter, please call the National Visa Center at (603)
334-0700 between the hours of 7:30am and midnight ET.
Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly
as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents.
From the date you mail or transmit the requested information, please allow 20 business days for NVC to
review this documentation/your mail. When we complete our review, the NVC will notify
you/petitioner/beneficiary/attorney with information regarding the next processing step.
If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by e-mail, telephone, or mail), all
submitted fees and documents will expire. Upon expiration, the fees and documents would need to
If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by e-mail, telephone, or mail), all
submitted fees and documents will expire. Upon expiration, the fees and documents would need to
be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.
National Visa Center
Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet
mail to the address given below.
Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa.
Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated
below.
Information for any other case(s) being mailed in the
same package
must include the cover sheet for that case.
National Visa Center
ATTN: DR
31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914
· Do Not use this cover sheet if you are submitting forms and/or
supporting documents by e-mail (Electronic Processing)
Instead, type your NVC case number in the subject line of the
e-mail message. Follow the directions on
www.immigrantvisas.state.gov to correctly scan and submit
forms and documents.
MNL**************
*MNL**************
INSTRUCTIONS FOR: ********************************
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
______FEE PAYMENT:_________________________________________________
You still need to pay the Immigrant Visa Fee. You can pay the fee online at ceac.state.gov/iv. You will
need the following information to pay the fee online:
· NVC Case Number: MNL****************
· Invoice I.D.: ***************
If you are unable to pay online, you must submit your fee using the alternative payment option by
submitting a cashier's check or money order. For alternative payment instructions, please visit our
website immigrantvisas.state.gov.
[MSK 03/22/2014] **************
be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.
we paid all the fees and my status in ceac is paid aalready and i already filled upthe ds260. what is all aboutthis email? pls help me .. aanyone saylin.

I'm thinking it's a false checklist based on them reviewing your AOS package. Call up NVC when you can and ask.

Okay so I am currently living in Pakistan and have lived in saudi arabia previously. Now according to the travel.state.gov website i do not need police records for any of the countries. Is it a good idea to send with the civil documents, a print out of where it is written on the website tht it is not required and highlight that statement ? Or should I just let it go. I just wanted to send them a reminder so I dont end up getting a check list ? What do you say experts?

Yes, definitely print out it out and highlight that statement. It's not uncommon for officers to issue checklists for something, even though their website states what the person sent (or not sent) was correct.

Also, on the civil documents should I write my case number with a pencil? Just the case number or something else also?

Just the case number is sufficient. Write it on all the documents and forms, not just civil documents.

Hello everyone! I'm new here. My case is currently at the NVC. I have paid the AOS and IV fee. My wife has sent the AOS papers last 03/06/14 and was delivered at NVC on 03/10/14. I just recently filled up the DS-260 form online and submitted it last 03/21/14. And also, I sent my civil documents on that same day. According to Fed Ex, it has arrived yesterday 03/24/14 at the NVC. I was wondering will we receive a notice regarding the AOS? And I've read that my next step will be the medical. When should I expect this to take place? Thank you everyone in advance!

Please read the wiki I wrote on the NVC process. It's linked in my signature below.

Pls dwheels on the I-1864ez form part 5 no 18,the question says your annual individual income is currently_,what do I write there?

As it asks, put the current annual individual income. That's how much you're making RIGHT NOW, per year, as of the filing of the form. If you're salary, put your salary for this year. If you're a wage earner, figure out what you make per year (wage x hours per week worked x 52).

Saylin, just realized I never requested a spot on your magnificent spreadsheet. Please add me! :)

Service Center: California

NOA2: January 7

NVC Received: January 21

Case # Assigned: February 24

Sent AOS: March 6

Sent IV: March 19

Submitted DS-260: March 20

[...]

Added! And thank you for posting all the details like that; it makes my job much easier :)

Canyou create your timeline?

Hi! I already created my timeline.

Marriage : 2013-02-16

I-130 Sent : 2013-03-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-29

I-130 Approved : 2014-01-03

NVC Received : 2014-01-14

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-02-26

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-02-28

Receive IV Bill : 2014-03-17

Pay IV Bill : 2014-03-17

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-04-17

NVC Left : 2014-05-12

Packet 4 Received : 2014-05-01

Interview Date : 2014-06-26

Added! And thank you for posting all the details like that; it makes my job much easier :)

You're very welcome, thank you for managing such a great resource for the forum!

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

I have been out for a wile how's evriting moving along with march at nvc

uscis stage

june 24 2013 pd

march 3 2014 noa 2

nvc stage

march 17 2014 recived

OMG! :oops: I'm so sorry guess thats what I get for typing and trying to help someone else how to spell....lol

Hehe, that's alright ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You're very welcome, thank you for managing such a great resource for the forum!

Hi BOS_LHR,

Have you called NVC recently? Did they review and approve your AOS package as of yet?

I saw others with a similar submit date get approved.

Thanks!

Edited by waiting_______

USCIS

08-09-2013: Sent I-130 packet

08-13-2013: I-130 NOA1

08-26-2013: Sent I-129F packet

08-28-2013: I-129F NOA1

09-10-2013: I-129F Alien registration number changed

02-03-2014: I-130 and I-129F Transfer to California Service Center

02-13-2014 (AM): I-130 Alien registration number changed

02-13-2014(PM): I-130 and I-129F Approved

NVC

02-27-2014(?): NVC Case Received

03-03-2014: Case Number and IIN assigned; Provided my wife's email address (they had mine on file already)

03-03-2014: DS-261 Available and submitted to NVC

03-04-2014: AOS payment email from NVC

03-05-2014: AOS invoice available on portal; AOS paid

03-06-2014: DS-261 in NVC system awaiting review

03-07-2014: AOS/I-864EZ packet express mailed to NVC

03-08-2014: Received hardcopy in the mail from NVC stating that my K3 Visa application was closed due to the I-130 approval

03-10-2014: AOS shows "PAID"

03-10-2014: AOS packet arrived at NVC

03-12-2014: AOS packet in the system

03-18-2014: IV invoice icon changed from locked folder to yellow exclamation indicating payment to be available soon

03-19-2014: IV invoice/agent email received; IV invoice available on CEAC few hours later; IV invoice paid

03-20-2014: IV Packet express mailed to NVC

03-21-2014: IV invoice shows "PAID"

03-21-2014: IV Packet arrived at NVC

03-21-2014: DS-260 Complete

03-25-2014: IV Packet in the system

03-27-2014: False checklist for IV civil documents. AOS Accepted

04-04-2014: Case Complete

04-11-2014: Case Complete Email

04-11-2014: Interview date assigned for May 22nd

05-22-2014: Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.