lcirt

NVC Question

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

How long does it usually take for NVC to respond thru email? Better off just calling or email? In the email I included petitioner name and birthday, beneicifiary name and birthday and than the receipt number in subject line as well as in the body of the email and requesting my case number and if it has arrived. Miss anything?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent my e-mail on the 14th, and called this morning, and they don't have it yet. Add me to the list of people that are interested to hear if either of you get an e-mail.

EDIT: All 3 of us are on the same day! That's awesome!

Edited by ChrisFurlough

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to NVC Forum~

~Inquiry about that phase of process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

so I was re-reading my NOA2 today and i noticed that it says "the above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." Does this mean it doesn't go to NVC? Did you guys get this statement as well on your NOA2?

Timeline

so I was re-reading my NOA2 today and i noticed that it says "the above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." Does this mean it doesn't go to NVC? Did you guys get this statement as well on your NOA2?

No, they always go to the NVC, who assigns them a case number, and THEY forward them to the consulate/embassy.

I would check my NOA2, if I HAD it. It seems that the CSC sent it to the wrong address, and they got notified that it had returned today. So, they contacted ME, to tell ME that it was returned. I had to call and give them my address again.

How long does it usually take for NVC to respond thru email? Better off just calling or email? In the email I included petitioner name and birthday, beneicifiary name and birthday and than the receipt number in subject line as well as in the body of the email and requesting my case number and if it has arrived. Miss anything?

Thanks!

I've sent 2 times before. One time was one week, another time is two weeks. So if you lucky you will get a email back in a week I believe.

Timeline

OK guys, quick update.

JUST got off the phone with the NVC, and they got my case TODAY. No case number entered yet, but they at least show that they've received it.

You might want to check as well.

Timeline

Just got off the phone with NVC and they received my case today February 27!!!!!! Such great news :))) however no case number assigned yet but will call tomorrow and everyday until I get it. Praise God

Timeline

I got MY case number today as well. But the woman told me they were still doing data entry on mine, so it hasn't left yet.

Also, no e-mail. We'll see if I get one when it departs. (Until it DOES depart, I'll continue to call daily).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.