Bradrean

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

gods willing this whole thing be over soon for you, yes it not that easy but i am thinking about it, considering i was there just in December.

i am looking for ticket for the end of April if the price is right. here is to hoping.

I promissed her that my next trip will be to pick her up and bring her back!

luv.gifluv.gifluv.gifluv.gifrose.gifrose.gifrose.gifrose.gifrose.gif

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I checked on Immigration Timeline for Nebraska IR1/CR1. I went up to page 7. Most cases are from October to recent with maybe one or 2 from July. It doesn't seem to make sense. Phillipines obviously get quick expedites, no issue there. There isn't a pattern. One approval from Armenia in about a month, one from Canada in about a month, majority of cases look like the start of 2014.

No question, just frustrated.

10/28/13-I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago Lock Box from Abroad

11/01/13-I-130 received at facility

11/12/13-Contacted Chicago Lock box to find info on our petition and was told it is being returned.

11/14/13-Received package back from Lock Box with RFE to resend it with correct filing fee.

(Money Order not drawn on US account)

11/25/13-I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago Lock Box from Abroad with correct method of payment.

12/06/13-Received NOA1 via Email stating our case has been transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

12/12/13-Checked USCIS site for Case Status. Seen our case is in initial Review.

12/16/13-Received Hardcopy NOA1 in mail.

Feb 5-crossed border to US to see hubs and son off at airport. Flew to CA to establish domicile.

Feb 11-Case touched to update hub's change of address

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

THIS IS WAT THE STUPID WEBSITE SAYS SINCE DAY 1 THAT MEANS ALMOST A YEAR NOW SO I WONDER WHY DOES IT SAYS THAT IF THEY JUST STARTED TO CHECK BACKGROUNDS ? THEY ARE ALL LIERS

he I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

and now they keep updating their processing times nebraska went up to 9 months now so ####### does that means? that i start from 0 because they wanted to transferred my case while they approved some other visa for illegal students? hating every minute of this stupid waiting and losing my patience

"I Wish You Were Here"

Journey :clock:

Met on 2011

travel together back to my country on sept 2012

got married October 12th, 2012

hubby tried living in Panama but it was hard to get use to

he left on Nov 2012

Apply on March 2013

PD March 19th, 2013

Transferred to Nebraska SC Nov 08 2013

Contacted congressman on Jan 2014

Sent an email to NSC on Jan 8th 2014

Last update on our case was on Jan 31st 2014 :(

Place 2 e-request on March 2014 :ranting:

Contacted another congressman March 28TH 2014

NOA2 28th March 2014 yeahhhh babyyyyy :dancing:

Your I-130 was approved in 374 days from your NOA1 date.

Got NOA2 Hard Copy March 31st 2014 :thumbs:

File got to NVC on April 14th .. waiting for a case number still

MAY 19 got case number

Paid AOS fee May 21st

Filed DS 260 July 6th, now is on us to get all the documents :)

Sent AOS package and IV on June

NVC RECEIVES PACKAGE ON JULY 22

We got a check list saying my IV package is not there :/??? SEPT 15TH 2014

MEDICAL EXAM OCTOBER 13TH

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED NOVEMBER 6TH 2014.

POE DEC 1ST 2014

NO GREEN CARD YET

i am a New Years filer with NOA1 ... Jan 9th ... in the Nebraska Service Center. My wife and child are in the Philippines and were involved in the horrible typhoons at the end of last year. The USCIS newletter says they are expediting applications of those affected (http://www.visajourney.com/news/) (november 18th posting). I filed and check the updates daily as well as others Philippine families processed through Neb. Service center

(http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=&op2=&op3=5&op4=2&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=Nebraska%20Service%20Center&op66=All&op7=Philippines&dfile=No&adv=0)

My comment/complaint/moan/groan - WHY and HOW are people filing NOA1 and getting NOA2 ..... soooooo fast. Some (several actually) as soon as 2 or 3 weeks. And many filed AFTER me (mel and kevin)

WHAT can i DO ?

Can i call someone or file a form/application for expedition ? Any phone numbers anyone can provide ?

I am going crazy here. Really ! My baby is about to celebrate her 4th birthday... without DAD - its going to kill me !!!

Any help or input is appreciated .....

Kevin ....

Timeline

THIS IS WAT THE STUPID WEBSITE SAYS SINCE DAY 1 THAT MEANS ALMOST A YEAR NOW SO I WONDER WHY DOES IT SAYS THAT IF THEY JUST STARTED TO CHECK BACKGROUNDS ? THEY ARE ALL LIERS

he I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

and now they keep updating their processing times nebraska went up to 9 months now so ####### does that means? that i start from 0 because they wanted to transferred my case while they approved some other visa for illegal students? hating every minute of this stupid waiting and losing my patience

I dont know what the hell are they doing with our Petition i'm Feb filler 2013 the update did not move its stuck like that since Nov 2013:

Initial Review

On November 12, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Edited by BraveAmnay
event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Timeline

i am a New Years filer with NOA1 ... Jan 9th ... in the Nebraska Service Center. My wife and child are in the Philippines and were involved in the horrible typhoons at the end of last year. The USCIS newletter says they are expediting applications of those affected (http://www.visajourney.com/news/) (november 18th posting). I filed and check the updates daily as well as others Philippine families processed through Neb. Service center

(http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=&op2=&op3=5&op4=2&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=Nebraska%20Service%20Center&op66=All&op7=Philippines&dfile=No&adv=0)

My comment/complaint/moan/groan - WHY and HOW are people filing NOA1 and getting NOA2 ..... soooooo fast. Some (several actually) as soon as 2 or 3 weeks. And many filed AFTER me (mel and kevin)

WHAT can i DO ?

Can i call someone or file a form/application for expedition ? Any phone numbers anyone can provide ?

I am going crazy here. Really ! My baby is about to celebrate her 4th birthday... without DAD - its going to kill me !!!

Any help or input is appreciated .....

Kevin ....

Call uscis and ask to be transferred to tier 2 (immigration officer). They should be able to help you with an expedite.

Or you can call your senator or congressman's offices and have them help you with the expedite.

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

we are CR-1, (MSCxxxxxxxx), May filers 2013.. NBC received June 4, 2013 (NOA1)...our case has been transferred to Nebraska last November 22, 2013....since then no news, no NOA2 yet until now its already March 6, 2014... we keep calling USCIS since January and ask help from immigration aide. this long waiting is so stressful.

Rdienette, it looks like they are still working through the May and June transfers. It actually looks like there's no order between the two. I'd be surprised if you didn't have your approval soon. They're working on your dates now! (And later which is not fair for you). But look at VJ timelines, and set the filter to nebraska transfers and hit the little down arrow where the column says "noa2". You can see exactly what they've been doing. That's what I watch. They even did 4 on a Sunday! (#######? I hope that means they put them in overtime!!!) but you can see the dates they've been doing. In fact everyone should try this!! It's the best way to keep on top of what's going on. Just keep praying they get done with May/June and we start seeing July pop up by the end of the month!

The other centers are on AUGUST. !!!!! >:(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am so sad/mad today knowing our case was transferred to NSC (my pd Sep 26). I don't understand why USCIS is keep transferring petitions to NSC given the huge backlog there:ranting:

I did sent a letter to NY senator asking for help and specifically pointing out problems with NSC. Below is the content of the letter.. If anyone else wants to send similar letter to your representatives, please free... We need to shine some light at this NSC backlog issue and have as many congressional staff nagging USCIS about it.. At this point, i feel like this is all we can do and hope for the best..

Senator X,

I am a US citizen applying for permanent residency for my spouse who is residing in XXX. I need your help in following up with USCIS in adjudicating our I-130 visa petition (US Citizen Immediate Relative) without further delays. I filed my I-130 petition on September XX, 2013 and it has been more than 5 months waiting for this petition to be adjudicated. Please note that even after USCIS approval, we need to wait another 4 months for the state department’s processing.

To give you some background, USICS has a stated goal of adjudicating I-130 petitions within 5 months. However, they are severely backlogged and I am afraid USCIS is not trying hard enough or don’t have the resources to meet their own goal.

Today, I learned that our case was transferred to Nebraska Service Center. Unfortunately, this service center is known for its huge backlog. Specifically, I-130 CR-1 petitions transferred to Nebraska center in December 2013 still haven’t been adjudicated whereas petitions transferred to California service center during the final week of February, 2014 are swiftly being approved.

I am extremely frustrated with USCIS for transferring our petition to a backlogged service center while service centers with minimal backlog were available. Due to this, I am looking at the realistic prospect of another 2 months+ delay for my case to be adjudicated. All in all, at the current slow speed, it will take a year or more for our family to be together. This is not humane and can be avoidable if the government agencies are more proactive and accountable to citizens.

I request you to contact USCIS on my behalf to speed up the process. Please question them about the cause of the backlog in Nebraska service center and steps USCIS management taken to increase efficiency there and timeliness of their corrective actions. It will be tremendously helpful to us and thousands of families in my situation if better efficiency can be achieved. Layman like me has little influence over USCIS bureaucracy. I will be extremely grateful to you for any help in this matter.

For your reference, here is a recent NY Times article published on February 8, 2014 outlining delays in US Citizens’ Immediate Relative visa processing. < http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/us/program-benefiting-some-immigrants-extends-visa-wait-for-others.html?hp&_r=2>

I am afraid if timely action does not take place by people in authority, we will be also left waiting 15 months for approval as mentioned in the article. Please help.

Sincerely yours,

NOA1 - Sep 26,2013

NOA2 - March 27,2014

Case not reached NVC.Runaround between USCIS and NVC :ranting: .

Case finally located at USCIS with help from NY senator's office, SCOPSSCATA at USCIS.DHS.GOV,NVCRESEARCH and one very helpful tier 2 uscis rep.

NVC received - 5/20/2014

NVC case # assigned - June 11

AOS paid - June 26

AOS sent - June 28

AOS scanned in - July 7

IV fee paid - July 15

IV scan date - July 21

Unknown package scanned in - August 13!

AOS Reviewed - August 18

Case Completed!! - September 10

Interview Date : November 26th -Approved!! :dancing::dancing:

Visa Received : December 1st

POE : December 14th @ JFK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi everyone, my I-130 NOA1 06-03-13, transferred to NSC 12-18-13, so it's been 9 months now and still no NOA2. I am praying and trusting God that everything will work out fine and speedily. We have to keep the faith people, we all will be approved soon.dancin5hr.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I'm a bit confused - that date NSC has on their website for April, that means they are working on April 2013 cases?

I filed in November 2013 - is there an estimate wait I should wait for? Like August?

USCIS
11/29/2013 -- I130 Received (email)
12/03/2013 -- I130 NOA1 Hard copy
04/08/2014 -- I130 ARN Changed
05/19/2014 -- I130 RFE (email)
05/23/2014 -- I130 RFE Hard copy
05/27/2014 -- I130 RFE Sent
05/28/2014 -- I130 RFE Received (email)

06/26/2014 -- I130 APPROVAL!!! (209 days)
06/30/2014 -- I130 NOA2 Approval Hard copy

07/08/2014 -- I130 Sent to NVC

NVC
07/18/2014 -- I130 Received at NVC
08/08/2014 -- Received Case & Invoice Number

08/08/2014 -- DS-261 Agent Completed
08/11/2014 -- I-1864 AOS Fee Paid $88.00 USD

08/18/2014 -- AOS Package Mailed via USPS Express
08/19/2014 -- AOS Package Received at NVC

08/21/2014 -- AOS Package Scanned

09/15/2014 -- IV Bill Invoiced
09/26/2014 -- IV Paid $325.00 USD.

09/26/2014 -- IV Packaged Mailed via USPS Express
09/29/2014 -- IV Received at NVC

09/29/2014 -- IV Package Scanned
10/04/2014 -- DS-260 Completed

10/24/2014 -- AOS Checklist for I-864A. FML

10/27/2014 -- Sent Revised AOS Package via USPS Express

10/28/2014 -- Revised I-864A Received at NVC (Scanned date)

12/29/2014 -- CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!

02/18/2015 -- Interview!!!! APPROVED!
02/25/2015 -- Picked up VISA.
02/26/2015 --
POE - Husband finally in America!

2016 Year Update - Still married and welcomed our daughter in December 2015!

Hi all,

My NOA1 date is June 26, 2013

Case transferred to Nebraska (NSC) December 27, 2013

No other notice at all since then.

I've tried to send an e-request but the receipt number is not working on that page. It works when I check my status though.

I guess my husband will need to call, right?

USCIS

NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (NBC)

06/20/2013: I-130 sent

06/25/2013: I-130 NOA1

12/27/2013: Case transferred to NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER (NSC)

03/26/2014: I-130 Approved

03/31/2014: Case shipped to NVC

NVC

04/11/2014: Case received by NVC

05/15/2014: NVC Case Number & Invoice ID Number assigned

05/18/2014: DS-261 completed and submitted online

05/25/2014: AOS fee paid

06/19/2014: AOS package sent

06/27/2014: IV fee paid

07/02/2014: IV package sent

07/07/2014: DS-260 completed and submitted online

09/03/2014: Case completed at NVC

10/06/2014: Medicals

10/20/2014: Interview at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina

I601

04/09/2015: I601 package sent to Phoenix Lockbox.

04/14/2015: Receipt number received via email.

11/25/2015: Our Case was approved!!!

01/20/2016: 2nd Interview at the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina

01/22/2016: VISA STATUS at ceac.state.gov/ceac/: ISSUED

:yes:

I'm a bit confused - that date NSC has on their website for April, that means they are working on April 2013 cases?

I filed in November 2013 - is there an estimate wait I should wait for? Like August?

That's April 5 thing is nonsense. Go to VJ timeline, and set the filter for transfers to NSC. Their well into June (halfway thru). They just say April. And if you notice those April numbers are "as of December 2013". It's always three months behind. But they go by that cuz they don't want other months calling them. I'm also November filer at NSC. I'm hoping for May.

If we see on the timelines that July is popping up by the end of the month-- that would be good news. They also barely have ANY august transfers according to aug transfer spreadsheet.

I bet when they update the website numbers mid march their numbers will say they're on May "as of January" which we know might have been true in January, but it's March and they're halfway thru June. And they're not gunna tell is otherwise. Thank god for VJ or wed all be in the dark!!

Hi all,

My NOA1 date is June 26, 2013

Case transferred to Nebraska (NSC) December 27, 2013

No other notice at all since then.

I've tried to send an e-request but the receipt number is not working on that page. It works when I check my status though.

I guess my husband will need to call, right?

You could have him talk to a tier 2, but it's still a bunch of misinformation. They'll tell you they're on April. In reality, you're probably next!! Read what I told the last person a minute ago and look at VJ timelines filter set to transfer NSC. They're in June right now. (Not going in order of dates but still definitely in June). I would be surprised and sad if you didn't have yours within two weeks. Look at June transfers spreadsheet too. You can see it there too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.