hy2934

I-751 RFE received

18 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I just received an RFE in the mail couple of days ago. :( It was dated Feb 18th 2014. Interesting thing is that I truly believe it was somehow triggered by change of address I put in on Feb 6th 2014 (others in the past have also noted the same). Also it is very generic, usually people receive some sort of "personalized" RFE in the sense that it mentions what was submitted and what they need, but in my case, it is as generic as anything. However, whatever they request, I already submitted with my original packet including. Here is what I had sent:

Joint lease from last three years
Joint tax transcript (ordered from IRS website) from last two years
Our health insurance cards showing both names
Account snapshot of our Aetna website showing both of us using this insurance during our doc visits
Joint bank account transaction pages covering last two years
Letter from our bank stating when was my wife added to my account and that we have debit cards associated with that account
Copy of a joint loan application we signed back in late 2011
Joint auto insurance and renter insurance
Copy of our DLs showing same address
Some utility bills showing individual names but same address
Affidavits from friends/family
Pics and holiday cards addressed to both of us
Copies of the doc visit forms showing spouse as emergency contact

Now, other than the docs mentioned above, I have the following that I didn't send

Life insurance showing spouse as beneficiary (but we just got it a month ago; before RFE date though... should I even send it? or will it raise red flag?)
Call/text log showing awful lot of texts/calls between me and my wife
e-mail/chat logs (not sure how much weight it carries)
some more pics when my parents visited us back in October
some hospital bills to us individually but same address? same goes with pet clinic bills showing her name but same address?

We haven't filed the taxes yet for this year, I dont have 401K, we dont have a child, we dont have a mortgage, the cars are under my name only as her credit score was pretty bad

Any help is appreciated. Please advise fellow filers! :(

Hello! It's always a pain getting an RFE especially when you think you had sent in everything you possibly can. It appears you have and I don't know what other reasons will trigger the RFE except maybe your adjudicator just wanted to push off your application so they can work on their backlog LOL. I kind of was in the same situation as you - except I may have left off some key documents that I never thought to submit in the original RFE but who knows.

I think you should submit everything you had listed that you didn't send in the original. It doesn't matter you received some of the documents before the RFE so it's ok - I had sent in some of my mortgage documents for my RFE and we closed our house after I submitted my initial ROC application but before the RFE.

With that said, go over your the documents you had submitted and see if there are any "gaps" you can fill in. For example, when you sent bank statements as proof of joint accounts, did you send in evidence covering every quarter? If you did for every quarter then throw in every month that you didn't submit initially for the RFE. Do the same for the other documents you already submitted.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Hi all,

I just received an RFE in the mail couple of days ago. sad.png It was dated Feb 18th 2014. Interesting thing is that I truly believe it was somehow triggered by change of address I put in on Feb 6th 2014 (others in the past have also noted the same). Also it is very generic, usually people receive some sort of "personalized" RFE in the sense that it mentions what was submitted and what they need, but in my case, it is as generic as anything. However, whatever they request, I already submitted with my original packet including. Here is what I had sent:

Joint lease from last three years
Joint tax transcript (ordered from IRS website) from last two years
Our health insurance cards showing both names
Account snapshot of our Aetna website showing both of us using this insurance during our doc visits
Joint bank account transaction pages covering last two years
Letter from our bank stating when was my wife added to my account and that we have debit cards associated with that account
Copy of a joint loan application we signed back in late 2011
Joint auto insurance and renter insurance
Copy of our DLs showing same address
Some utility bills showing individual names but same address
Affidavits from friends/family
Pics and holiday cards addressed to both of us
Copies of the doc visit forms showing spouse as emergency contact

Now, other than the docs mentioned above, I have the following that I didn't send

Life insurance showing spouse as beneficiary (but we just got it a month ago; before RFE date though... should I even send it? or will it raise red flag?)
Call/text log showing awful lot of texts/calls between me and my wife
e-mail/chat logs (not sure how much weight it carries)
some more pics when my parents visited us back in October
some hospital bills to us individually but same address? same goes with pet clinic bills showing her name but same address?

We haven't filed the taxes yet for this year, I dont have 401K, we dont have a child, we dont have a mortgage, the cars are under my name only as her credit score was pretty bad

Any help is appreciated. Please advise fellow filers! sad.png

ROC Journey:

4/24/13 - Submitted I-751 application

4/26/13 - I-751 officially filed

6/11/13 - Biometrics done

8/14/13 - Rec'd RFE

9/21/13 - Submitted RFE response

9/23/13 - RFE response rec'd at VSC

(about 2 months later)

11/21/13 - Service request via Tier 1 submitted

12/11/13 - Response to service request rec'd - vague info about processing times

12/12/13 - Service request via Tier 2 submitted

12/10/13 - APPROVED!!! (letter rec'd 12/14/13)

12/16/13 - 2nd Service request response rec'd

12/17/13 - Card production email/text rec'd (online case updated)!

12/24/13 - Notification rec'd via email regarding card mailed on 12/23/13 (online case updated as well)

12/26/13 - 10-yr card rec'd!

One thing I have learned on this journey:

There is no such thing as an "overkill" evidence package. Submit anything and everything you can. Who knows what will prevent you from getting an RFE.

Timeline

Thanks victorian221b. I do remember you getting RFE soon after address change too, so I am pretty much in same place as you. Well, we are working on getting some new docs (and I'll happily re-send the docs I already have in original packet). Once I get those, I will put the list here so fellow filers like you can chime in and advise.

Thanks

Timeline

oh and I forgot to share the most interesting thing... the RFE arrived at our old address even though it is dated 12 days after my address change notification!! I was lucky that I was paranoid about it and kept my old residence lease for two extra months..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

When uscis sends RFE does online case gets updated or it still remains in "INITIAL REVIEW". Because I recently changed my adress and I dont know if I got RFE or not.

And second thing I have hired lawyer for my i 751 so do USCIS also sends RFE to them too?

Please do reply me regarding this as I am very much worried.

i am oct filer too

Timeline

mike148,

No, the online case status still shows "Initial Review", and also the "Date Last updated" shown in my case account is the date of address change. So, apart from this letter, there is nothing to show RFE was mailed.

As for the lawyer question, I wouldn't know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Everyone,

Does sending in your phone text logs (monthly logs from the ATT website) showing awful lot of texts exchanges b/w hubby and wife matter? I mean is it okay to send it in or is it useless?

Thoughts?

useless

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Everyone,

Does sending in your phone text logs (monthly logs from the ATT website) showing awful lot of texts exchanges b/w hubby and wife matter? I mean is it okay to send it in or is it useless?

Thoughts?

Useless

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks RyanH. Can you see my original post that shows what I sent and what I don't have, and maybe give some ideas on what should I include in the RFE packet?

Appreciate your help.

I would suggest you resend what you already sent (it's possible some of it became separated from the file). I would also suggest sending the life insurance, the hospital bills, and the vet bills.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Hi Guys,

So I am about to send the RFE packet, and I just wanted to get your thoughts on this. Below is my cover letter that I plan to include. Can you please go through it and let me know if I need to make any changes

*********************************************************************************************************

March 6th, 2014

Re: Response to Request for Evidence – I-751
Alien #: xx-xx-xx

RFE receipt #: xxxxxx

Petitioner Name: xxxxx

To whomever it may concern:

Please find the requested evidence enclosed with this letter for my I-751 application (I-751 receipt # xxxxx , and CRI89 # xxxxxx).

The evidence is arranged in three broad categories and documents are arranged in the order shown below.

Joint Residence:

• Joint lease document signed 06/2010 at our first address
• Joint lease renewal document (05/2011) at our first address
• Safety deposit deduction letter addressed to both of us
• Original money order receipts showing both names
• Joint lease document (01/2012) at our second address
• Copies of pet agreement, rental history request, buyer agreement showing both names
• Lease termination letter (2013) showing both names and signed by both of us
• Security deposit letter from the property manager addressed to both of us
• Joint lease application (2013) showing same residence
• Copies of pet agreement, tenant agreement showing both names
• Joint lease document (2013) signed by both of us and showing both names
• Letters from property management company addressed to both of us (with envelope)
• Greeting cards received from different family members from 2011 - 2013:
• Two pieces of mails addressed to both of us showing same residence
• Copies of different utility bills (cable/trash/phone/electric/water/gas etc.) over the last two years. The companies could only add one person as account holder. However, each of us has some bills under our name showing same residence.
• Copies of individual medical bills showing the same residence
• Copies of current and past driver licenses showing same residence

Joint Finances:

• Copy from our bank showing our joint bank account and the date it was opened.
• Official account summary received from our bank (2011 and 2014)
• Joint tax returns (official transcripts from IRS) from 2011-2014
• Copy of W2s
• Copy of a joint loan application field in 12/2011
• Copy of joint bank account statements showing both names and monthly transactions from 2011-2014
• Copies of bank deposit slips showing both names
• Mails received from our bank addressed to both of us

Joint Liability:

• Letter from our insurer verifying joint auto and renter insurance
• Joint auto insurance cards from 2012-2014
• Joint auto and renters insurance statements (2012-2014)
• Joint life insurance documents for both of us showing each other as beneficiary
• Copies of joint health insurance cards (showing both names)
• Health insurance Claims listing summary showing both names at some point or the other
• Copies of current and past joint dental/prescription insurance showing both names

Filed: Timeline

Wow...one of the best compiled and organized evidence I've come across thus far. Just my two cents.

Day 0 (Mon, 1/23/12) Package mailed

Day 12 (2/4/12) Hardcopy received in mail for Biometrics Appointment due on 2/27/12

Day 14 (2/6/12) Walk-in biometrics done

Day 47 (3/9/12) Hardcopy received in mail interview letter date April, 10 2012 @ 3:15PM

Day 73 (4/4/12) Received EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.