3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I should reverse the options... :P

For all the cases in F4 Category...

Sponsor = Brother/Sister = i864

Joint Sponsor = Dad / Mom / Brother / Sister = i864

Joint Sponsor = Mom / Dad / Brother's Wife / Sister's Husband = i864A

In your case...you don't need i864A as u said that both of your brother's income is sufficient. So, both of your brothers fill the i864 forms.

As your PD is current, are u doing online or normal mail...?

Good Luck

hi visa grant thanks for the reply

we opted online option.

and last que.

both brothers have to fill I864 separately or on only one I864 should be filled and signed by both.

thanks

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I just checked the nvc web site and the name of the petitioner was not their anymore. (It was their a week ago).

I went to check the link that has the AOS and it was saying the next step it to file the AOS and pay the fees.

I m already in the usa with a different visa, should I contact my lawyer now, or wait until the priority date is current to start the change of status process. Anyone advice ?

Note : my priority date is Nov 2002.

Thank you

I still have the petitioner name in ceac website but no coa yet.pd 22nov2002

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I still have the petitioner name in ceac website but no coa yet.pd 22nov2002

I m on Nov 18, 2002. Do you have any idea of what I should do since I will be doing adjustment of status instead of consular processing ?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just checked the nvc web site and the name of the petitioner was not their anymore. (It was their a week ago).

I went to check the link that has the AOS and it was saying the next step it to file the AOS and pay the fees.

I m already in the usa with a different visa, should I contact my lawyer now, or wait until the priority date is current to start the change of status process. Anyone advice ?

Note : my priority date is Nov 2002.

Thank you

Hi soroure ,

whats the link for the AOS? I would like to check mine. thanks

PD December 6, 2008.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Note : my priority date is Nov 2002..

Thank you

Hi soroure,

What does it mean when they remove the petitioner name from under the AOS on the ceac website? R they working on the case or what?

PD December 6, 2008.

Timeline

Hi soroure ,

whats the link for the AOS? I would like to check mine. thanks

There two places here are the links:

https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

here you enter your case number and your invoice number.

At first you will see the petitioner name, and then when the name is not their anymore, it mean your COA is active and you can proceed to check that go to this link.

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Timeline

hi visa grant thanks for the reply

we opted online option.

and last que.

both brothers have to fill I864 separately or on only one I864 should be filled and signed by both.

thanks

They have to fill i864 "Separately"..

Good Luck

Timeline

I m on Nov 18, 2002. Do you have any idea of what I should do since I will be doing adjustment of status instead of consular processing ?

Soroure

NVC only does Consular Processing and not Adjustment Of Status...

I am in the United States and would like to adjust my status. How do I do that?

When a visa is available for your petition (or if the Department of State believes that one will be available in the next several months), the NVC will send you a letter asking what you plan to do. If you respond that you plan to adjust your status, the NVC will hold your file until a USCIS office requests it. If you do not reply, after 30 days, the NVC will begin processing your petition.

Requests for adjustment of status are processed by USCIS not by the NVC. You should contact the USCIS office nearest you for adjustment of status information.

I am adjusting my status with USCIS, what do I do about the fees requested by the NVC?

If you are planing to adjust status with USCIS, do not submit any fee payments to the NVC. Notify the NVC of your intent to adjust status and contact the USCIS for further information.

Good Luck

Timeline

Hi soroure,

What does it mean when they remove the petitioner name from under the AOS on the ceac website? R they working on the case or what?

:D ...NVC will only work on the case when your PD is close to become "Current"....around 6 to 8 months before, for the preparation..

Good Luck

Timeline

Soroure

NVC only does Consular Processing and not Adjustment Of Status...

I am in the United States and would like to adjust my status. How do I do that?

When a visa is available for your petition (or if the Department of State believes that one will be available in the next several months), the NVC will send you a letter asking what you plan to do. If you respond that you plan to adjust your status, the NVC will hold your file until a USCIS office requests it. If you do not reply, after 30 days, the NVC will begin processing your petition.

Requests for adjustment of status are processed by USCIS not by the NVC. You should contact the USCIS office nearest you for adjustment of status information.

I am adjusting my status with USCIS, what do I do about the fees requested by the NVC?

If you are planing to adjust status with USCIS, do not submit any fee payments to the NVC. Notify the NVC of your intent to adjust status and contact the USCIS for further information.

Good Luck

Thank you for your input. I will call both the USCIS tomorrow morning Monday, and my lawyer as well to see what are the steps that need to be taken from now.

I will keep you posted as well.

Note : I did not receive any mail or email from NVC, the choice of agent got active online, and since I check it everyday, that's how I saw it.

Should I expect any mail from NVC about COA ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.