3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

:no: ...Just listen to only the 3 words from CO....If everything goes well, they will give you information on how to pay your fees($165) at ELIS

Good Luck.

My mom, the main applicant, wanted to ask about if we could travel all not together and if the other beneficiares wont have problems after that, the idea is to travel mom with me and then the rest after some months, and also if she doesnt have to wait for the GC to be delivered and get back to the origin country and then fly to the US before the visa expires.

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Just an update : My friend whose PD is 22 Nov 2002 got his AOS fees invoice just right now... AOS fees to be paid : $120 (increased from $88)

do u know anyone else apart from u and ur friend who has got coa?and did you get aos fee also?thanks in advance

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ya...3-4 friends whose pd is Oct, Nov, Dec 2002, all of them got COA but one of my friends whose pd is Oct 2002 did not receive COA yet.......

my aos fees is not yet invoiced..........but COA completed...

do u know anyone else apart from u and ur friend who has got coa?and did you get aos fee also?thanks in advance

Edited by batman7

Timeline

My mom, the main applicant, wanted to ask about if we could travel all not together and if the other beneficiares wont have problems after that, the idea is to travel mom with me and then the rest after some months, and also if she doesnt have to wait for the GC to be delivered and get back to the origin country and then fly to the US before the visa expires.

Another Best Option is if all of you travel together before the visa expires(closer to the 6 months timeframe..)...if u ask CO, he may ask you to opt for the "Follow to join benefits" which might delay the visa approval process..

Good Luck

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

ya...3-4 friends whose pd is Oct, Nov, Dec 2002, all of them got COA but one of my friends whose pd is Oct 2002 did not receive COA yet.......

my aos fees is not yet invoiced..........but COA completed...

Is nvc sending coa randomly ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Another Best Option is if all of you travel together before the visa expires(closer to the 6 months timeframe..)...if u ask CO, he may ask you to opt for the "Follow to join benefits" which might delay the visa approval process..

Good Luck

Follow to join is more like when they are not in the process, but if everything works well on the interview we all can travel, the thing is that some want to travel next month and others after 5 months. That's my question. In that case what I've read says ...

Entering the United States

When traveling to the United States, the primary (or principal) applicant must enter before or at the same time as family members with visas. With your immigrant visa (before it expires), and sealed packet, you will travel to a U.S. port-of-entry (often an airport) and request permission to enter the United States. A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have authority to grant or deny admission. Learn about admission and entry requirements on the CBP website under Travel. When you are admitted, you will enter as a Lawful Permanent Resident, also called a green card holder, and will be permitted to work and live permanently in the United States.

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Timeline

Hello Friends,

Need your help..

What is the process to add spouse & kid's name in the Primary Application approved petition case? I am Primary application & my petition was approved in Feb-2003 and I was single.. Now, I need to add my spouse & kid's name in my file..

Can you please help with the process?

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F4 - PD - FEB-2003

Status - COA - Completed on April 7

AOS Fee - Paid - Completed on April 21

IV Fee - Paid - Completed on 15th May

DS-260- Form Submitted on 15th July

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Someone asked me yesterday::

Hello dear friend
I have a question about my immigration case. I would be grateful if you could help me.
My uncle applied for my father in Dec 28 2002 (f4) and the case approved in Oct 2009 and we do not get the any instruction from nvc till now.

I am 25 now and with my own calculation, I am eligible according to cspa law but I heard that nvc does not consider children above 21 at the time of paying and filling forms with other family members even if child is eligible according to cspa law and do not let them fill forms and pay fee.
I do not know what I should do ?
Would you please help me about this case?
I truly appreciate you

................................................................................................................

My replied:: :idea:

Children who pass 21 years of age after the petition was originally approved by the USCIS become ineligible to accompany or join the applicant(s) immigrating to the United States under the original petition.In some situations,the Child Status Protection Act(CSPA) may allow children to remain eligible beyond 21 years of age. If you believe that the CSPA applies to this case, please send detailed explanation to the NVC. We will forward it to the Embassy.

Email to NVC....

Your name...

Date of birth...

Priority date...Dec 28 2002

Approval date ... Oct .. 2009

Petition pending duration 6years 10 months (25-6.10=18.2) :ranting:

I believe that the CSPA applies to this case. (L)

Timeline

Follow to join is more like when they are not in the process, but if everything works well on the interview we all can travel, the thing is that some want to travel next month and others after 5 months. That's my question. In that case what I've read says ...

Entering the United States

When traveling to the United States, the primary (or principal) applicant must enter before or at the same time as family members with visas. With your immigrant visa (before it expires), ..............

Following-to-Join Benefits

This section is for beneficiaries who became permanent residents through a preference classification. If you were married and/or had children who did not obtain permanent residence at the same time you did, they may be eligible for follow-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130 for your spouse and/or children. In addition, your spouse and/or children will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available. In this case, you may simply notify a U.S. consulate that you are a permanent resident so that your spouse and/or children can apply for an immigrant visa.

Your spouse and/or children may be eligible for following-to-join benefits if:

• The relationship existed at the time you became a permanent resident and still exists, AND
  • You received an immigrant visa or adjusted status in a preference category.

If your family member falls into this category and you adjusted to permanent residency in the United States, you may submit the following:

If you are in the United States and have not yet filed to adjust your status to permanent resident, you can file Form I-824 with your Form I-485, in which case no supporting documents are needed other than those submitted with Form I-485.

If you received the immigrant visa overseas, you may contact the National Visa Center (NVC) for follow-to-join information. Send your inquiry by e-mail to NVCInquiry@state.gov or by writing to the National Visa Center, ATTN: WC, 32 Rochester Ave., Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909.

To download the forms and instructions mentioned above, see the corresponding link in the “Forms” section to the right.

*************************************************************************************************

I understood your thought, but what CO responds to your question will be only this option, if you r ok with this, then you can go ahead with this option at the time of the Interview....Good Luck.. :thumbs:

Hello Friends,

Need your help..

What is the process to add spouse & kid's name in the Primary Application approved petition case? I am Primary application & my petition was approved in Feb-2003 and I was single.. Now, I need to add my spouse & kid's name in my file..

Can you please help with the process?

Thank you.

You have to call NVC and ask them to add your spouse and kid's information to your case file..

Good Luck

Someone asked me yesterday::

Hello dear friend

I have a question about my immigration case. I would be grateful if you could help me.

My uncle applied for my father in Dec 28 2002 (f4) and the case approved in Oct 2009 and we do not get the any instruction from nvc till now.

I am 25 now and with my own calculation, I am eligible according to cspa law but I heard that nvc does not consider children above 21 at the time of paying and filling forms with other family members even if child is eligible according to cspa law and do not let them fill forms and pay fee.

I do not know what I should do ?

Would you please help me about this case?

I truly appreciate you

................................................................................................................

My replied:: :idea:

Children who pass 21 years of age after the petition was originally approved by the USCIS become ineligible to accompany or join the applicant(s) immigrating to the United States under the original petition.In some situations,the Child Status Protection Act(CSPA) may allow children to remain eligible beyond 21 years of age. If you believe that the CSPA applies to this case, please send detailed explanation to the NVC. We will forward it to the Embassy.

Email to NVC....

Your name...

Date of birth...

Priority date...Dec 28 2002

Approval date ... Oct .. 2009

Petition pending duration 6years 10 months (25-6.10=18.2) :ranting:

I believe that the CSPA applies to this case. (L)

So we have a CSPA expert in this forum... :D

Good Luck

Edited by Visa Grant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.