3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Read this : http://blog.mygcvisa.com/2015/02/hr-213-and-s153-immigration-bills.html?utm_source=fb_twtrfeed

Before you read it in detail and understand, let me tell you that these bills are mostly for Employment-Based Petitions and Non-Immigrant Visas, NOTHING FOR FAMILY-BASED Petitions...... ####### !!

(There is one point for Family-Based Petitions, but i don't know which countries will get benefit from that...)

Monday, February 2, 2015

H.R 213 and S.153: Immigration Bills Introduced in Congress

H.R. 213 - Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2015

Congressman Jason Chaffetz introduced in the House H.R. 213 bill on January 8, 2015.

This bill will amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to

(a) eliminate the per-country numerical limitation for employment-based immigrants and

(b) to increase the per-country numerical limitation for family-sponsored immigrants, and for other purposes.

Some of you may remember that this bill is same as bill HR 3012 which was passed in House but did not pass in Senate (because of Irish immigration added to this bill in Senate which was opposed by Senator Grassley).

The first part of the bill will help applicants from India and China; however it will adversely affect applicants from all other countries (since applicants from India and China will no longer be restricted to 7% of quota).

Full text of the bill: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c114:H.R.213:

S. 153 - Immigration Innovation ("I-Squared") Act of 2015

Senator Orrin Hatch introduced in the Senate S.153 bill on January 13, 2015.

This bill will amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to

(a) Increase H1B cap from current 65,000 to 115,000

(b) Foreign nationals with advanced STEM degree will be cap-exempt from both green card and H1B visas

© Allow work authorization for spouses of H1B visas

(d) Allow dual intent for F1 visa holder

(e) Dependents of EB applicant will be cap exempted. Currently they account for 55% of all immigrant visas allocated

(F) Allow grace period for foreign workers

(g) EB1 applicants will be cap-exempt and lots more.

Full text of the bill: http://www.hatch.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/eeb5aaa5-fb8d-4d29-ba4a-a6652f4f2d58/I-Squared%20Act%20of%202015.pdf

We were hoping that something good will happen till March 20th, but this is what they gave to family-based petitions people who are waiting since decade......

They always think for benefiting student-visa holders, H1B visa holders, illegals, Employment-based categories, but never ever for Family-based categories...........

Edited by batman7

Filed: Timeline

Under current law, both employment-based immigrants and their dependent family members are counted toward the numerical caps. This is how it has been done since the program started half a century ago. By not counting family members, Obama could more than double immigration in this category. The memos issued by the administration do not specifically call for this change, but because the memos direct USCIS to come up with as-of-yet unreleased plans and guidelines it is possible a change in the way visas are counted is in the works.

Furthermore, one day after the 10 memos were released, President Obama issued his own memo calling for "modernizing and streamlining" the visa system, which some advocates have interpreted as potentially leading to a change in visa counting.2 The memo directs agency officials to develop recommendations by March 2015.

• Maximize available visas in the future by counting dependent family members as part of the same family unit for the purposes of calculating the visa cap. This means a family of four would count as one visa, instead of four visas, as it is now. This change could also apply to the employment-based visas. If the administration implements this change, it could impact as many as 50,000 families per year.

• “Recapture” unused visas (those that were authorized but left unused in previous years due to administrative and processing issues) and issue them to individuals currently in the backlog. If the administration implements this change, it could open up as many as 241,000 family-based visas.

Timeline

My Interesting & Favourite Topic for the next 2 months... :rolleyes: ...Apart from the two listed administrative reform, is there anything "Big" to suggest ?..........

Good Luck

• Maximize available visas in the future by counting dependent family members as part of the same family unit for the purposes of calculating the visa cap. This means a family of four would count as one visa, instead of four visas, as it is now. This change could also apply to the employment-based visas. If the administration implements this change, it could impact as many as 50,000 families per year.

• “Recapture” unused visas (those that were authorized but left unused in previous years due to administrative and processing issues) and issue them to individuals currently in the backlog. If the administration implements this change, it could open up as many as 241,000 family-based visas.

............Using very rough math and assuming the current annual 140,000 visa holders are half primary workers and half family (70,000 + 70,000), granting all 140,000 visas to primary workers would mean a total of 140,000 additional family members,assuming a similar worker/family ratio. This would mean a jump from 140,000 annual visas to 280,000 annual visas (140,000 + 140,000) — a doubling of permanent legal immigration in this category.

In actuality, the number would be more than double since the percentage of family members obtaining green cards through the program is higher than that of the principals. According to the Department of Homeland Security’s 2013 Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, approximately 53 percent of people in this category are spouses and children, while 47 percent are primary workers

Such a change would more than double permanent immigration in this category.

Nice Analysis.. :idea:

Good Luck

Timeline

Passport Agency Closures on February 2

FEBRUARY 2, 2015generic-news-alert-icon-medium-267x200.j

Due to the inclement weather, 5 passport agencies will be closed to the public today on Monday, February 2, 2015. The facilities include the Boston Passport Agency, Connecticut Passport Agency, Detroit Passport Agency, National Passport Center (in Portsmouth, NH), and Vermont Passport Agency. Any applicant with an appointment at these facilities that has not already been rescheduled should contact the National Passport Information Center to reschedule at 1-877-487-2778. We apologize for any inconvenience. This site will be updated as information regarding additional Passport Agency closings becomes available.

Timeline

This step will be taken only for Employment-Based Categories....... Nothing for Family-Based Categories.......... that's bullshit........... If they are going to change the way the green-cards are counted and allotted, then that should also be applicable to Family-Based categories too........... implementing only for employment-based categories is a very biased decision.....

And logically, if they implement the same thing for family-based categories too, then it wont make any difference to their economy because not all family-categories will get benefit from that implementation.... only F3 and F4 will get a huge benefit from that and somewhat benefit to F2A......... whereas in employment-based categories, every category will get benefit from that...........

if they are planning to give benefit to 140,000 people from employment-based categories then why don't they think to give benefit to few thousand people from F3 and F4 categories ??

only politics and economy revolve around their mind......no ethics at all............

............Using very rough math and assuming the current annual 140,000 visa holders are half primary workers and half family (70,000 + 70,000), granting all 140,000 visas to primary workers would mean a total of 140,000 additional family members,assuming a similar worker/family ratio. This would mean a jump from 140,000 annual visas to 280,000 annual visas (140,000 + 140,000) — a doubling of permanent legal immigration in this category.

In actuality, the number would be more than double since the percentage of family members obtaining green cards through the program is higher than that of the principals. According to the Department of Homeland Security’s 2013 Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, approximately 53 percent of people in this category are spouses and children, while 47 percent are primary workers

Such a change would more than double permanent immigration in this category.

Nice Analysis.. :idea:

Good Luck

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Any one knows that when this bill will become law ??? And from when the movement of f4 will move fast plz reply this question urgent and if this bill pass how much movement will be in f4 every month ??

Timeline

Any news about interview letter?

Hi check I guess Vietnam ppl of 5 n 6 may got I'll

http://vietditru.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8147&sid=3efd20109c1b9c3449c5038b7cd2513f&start=2700

Any news about interview letter?

http://vietditru.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8147&sid=3efd20109c1b9c3449c5038b7cd2513f&start=2700

PD 31 Oct 2002

COA submitted , AOS paid

Timeline

http://vietditru.com/bb/viewtopic.php?

f=11&t=8147&sid=3efd20109c1b9c3449c5038b7cd2513f&start=2700

Do u understand their language.are u sure.

Timeline

http://vietditru.com/bb/viewtopic.php?

f=11&t=8147&sid=3efd20109c1b9c3449c5038b7cd2513f&start=2700

Do u understand their language.are u sure.

Do u understand their language.are u sure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.