3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Call NVC...

Invoice Id Number(which you get after calling NVC to track ur case online) is for "One petition"...wherein Beneficiary with the family members are part of the petition..If you have more than one petition then you will get multiple numbers..

Good Luck

Just focus on the preparation for interview...ceac site gets updated during the Interview date..

Good Luck

It is the last update...now you have to go to the ELIS website to pay the immigration fees for all members before leaving for US..

Good Luck

I have to pay that after I receive the documents? what documents I receive beside the passport?

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

to Blizknight

when you get your visa passport and all the documents you've already submitted as birth certificate+police.........you'll get them(documents) all in a closed letter to be delivered at your first entry immigration office .

about the immigration fees you have to pay it before you enter the USA

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

December 2002 will get current at the most by December 2015 (Only if the movement continues as it is since last 6 months).

I don't see any chance of some favourable executive actions getting passed by March 2015. They are just giving us false hope.

If at all an executive action passes by March 2015 which would be in favour of Family-based categories, then i see May 2003 getting current by December 2015. Lets see what happens in the next few months. #GoodLuckToAllOfUs

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Does the main applicant has to stay in the US until he receives the GC? what if he goes back to the origin country? and the beneficiares stay in the US they will still get their GC? do we have to go somewhere to sign something or it is just a simple mail with the GC and SSN?

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Timeline

I have to pay that after I receive the documents? what documents I receive beside the passport?

If you have already collected ur originals from CO at the Visa Counter, otherwise u will receive that in the mail apart from a "Yello Sealed Cover"(It should not be opened by you) and a thin sheet summary containing the A-number & Case Number, which are required for you to login in to the "ELIS Website". You should pay that fee before your Port of Entry(POE) in US.

Good Luck

Timeline

hi all & visa grant

please help

its urgent

the main sponsors income is felling some short so my another brother is joint sponsor.and is filling I864.but the joint sponsor is not sure whether he has to fill I864 or i864A.the another brother is living at diffrent place.is the joint sponsor still be considered as household member if he is living at diffrent place not in the same house.

please help not sure about i864 or i864A.

if the joint sponsor has to fill i864A , then in that situation is there any need to fill the i864 itself by the joint sponsor or only i864A by joint sponsor.

please reply if anybody went through same situation for filling the I864 & i864A form.

thanks

Timeline

December 2002 will get current at the most by December 2015 (Only if the movement continues as it is since last 6 months).

I don't see any chance of some favourable executive actions getting passed by March 2015. They are just giving us false hope.

If at all an executive action passes by March 2015 which would be in favour of Family-based categories, then i see May 2003 getting current by December 2015. Lets see what happens in the next few months. #GoodLuckToAllOfUs

I agree on one thing..right from 1990 onwards the maximum visa movement in this category is "6 months"...Yes that is the maximum...The delays which we are seeing aren't a matter of slow bureacratic, backlog, or executive discretion. They exist because of the annual numerical limits Congress placed on each immigrant visa category, in addition to the per country limits in the law. Even The President can't reverse these limits with the present executive action.

You should also understand the President's recent executive action didn't change the priority for anyone. He's not granting legal status to anyone. He's allowing them to apply for deferred action, which is nothing more than a promise that DHS won't try to deport them solely for being unlawfully present. That promise is deferred for a limited amount of time. This doesn't change their immigration status - the President doesn't have the authority to do that. It only offers temporary protection from deportation.

There are only two ways to significantly reduce the waiting time for family based legal immigrants. First, Congress could increase the numerical limits in each of the immigrant visa categories, which would make the line move faster. Second, Less number of people should apply for immigrant visas, which would make the line shorter. There isn't anything the President could do (within the framework of the law) without Congress changing the law.

The administrative changes proposed by DHS targets the numerical limits and the way visas are counted which will not make the F4 category "Current", but reduces the backlog and also you may not see such wait times in the future.

Good Luck

Timeline

hi all & visa grant

please help

its urgent

the main sponsors income is felling some short so my another brother is joint sponsor.and is filling I864.but the joint sponsor is not sure whether he has to fill I864 or i864A.the another brother is living at diffrent place.is the joint sponsor still be considered as household member if he is living at diffrent place not in the same house.

please help not sure about i864 or i864A.

if the joint sponsor has to fill i864A , then in that situation is there any need to fill the i864 itself by the joint sponsor or only i864A by joint sponsor.

please reply if anybody went through same situation for filling the I864 & i864A form.

thanks

Sponsor = i864

Joint Sponsor(Don't worry about the living place) = i864

If the above both income is short and add one more Joint Sponsor then they fill i864A

in your case..

Sponsor = Dad/Mom = i864

Joint Sponsor = Brother/Sister = i864

Joint Sponsor = Brother's Wife / Sister's Husband = i864A

Good Luck

Timeline

Does the main applicant has to stay in the US until he receives the GC? what if he goes back to the origin country? and the beneficiares stay in the US they will still get their GC? do we have to go somewhere to sign something or it is just a simple mail with the GC and SSN?

Not Necessarily. But don't buy the "two-way airline ticket for the main applicant" as the airlines will send the passengers data to the DHS and if they see the main applicant return data, then DHS assumes you have abandoned the GC process. So, Just buy one-way ticket and at the POE, they will check for any changes in the address for sending the "Permanent Resident Card". The card can be tracked through the ELIS website with a Courier tracking option...generally it make not take a month's time...Once u receive the Card, the main applicant(your Mom) can travel back and beneficiaries can stay back..For PR card, no need to go anywhere for signing, just a simple mail...but for SSN, if you don't receive within a month, theny you should approach the nearest SSA(Social Security Administration) office with your PR card / I-551 Visa stamp in your area.

Good Luck

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just checked the nvc web site and the name of the petitioner was not their anymore. (It was their a week ago).

I went to check the link that has the AOS and it was saying the next step it to file the AOS and pay the fees.

I m already in the usa with a different visa, should I contact my lawyer now, or wait until the priority date is current to start the change of status process. Anyone advice ?

Note : my priority date is Nov 2002.

Thank you

Timeline

Sponsor = i864

Joint Sponsor(Don't worry about the living place) = i864

If the above both income is short and add one more Joint Sponsor then they fill i864A

in your case..

Sponsor = Dad/Mom = i864

Joint Sponsor = Brother/Sister = i864

Joint Sponsor = Brother's Wife / Sister's Husband = i864A

Good Luck

hi visa grant thanks for yours immidiate reply

my case is f4 category (brother sister).so my brother is the main sponsor.and in this situation my another brother could be a joint sponsor and must fill only i864 .

main sponsor(brother) = i864 only

and another brother(joint sponsor) = i864 only (even if he is living at diffrent place) (not need to fill i864A ?.)

in my case brothers wife is not needed for joint sponsor.my both brothers income is sufficiant.

please confirm visa grant

thank u very much.

Timeline

hi visa grant thanks for yours immidiate reply

my case is f4 category (brother sister).so my brother is the main sponsor.and in this situation my another brother could be a joint sponsor and must fill only i864 .

main sponsor(brother) = i864 only

and another brother(joint sponsor) = i864 only (even if he is living at diffrent place) (not need to fill i864A ?.)

in my case brothers wife is not needed for joint sponsor.my both brothers income is sufficiant.

please confirm visa grant

thank u very much.

I should reverse the options... :P

For all the cases in F4 Category...

Sponsor = Brother/Sister = i864

Joint Sponsor = Dad / Mom / Brother / Sister = i864

Joint Sponsor = Mom / Dad / Brother's Wife / Sister's Husband = i864A

In your case...you don't need i864A as u said that both of your brother's income is sufficient. So, both of your brothers fill the i864 forms.

As your PD is current, are u doing online or normal mail...?

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.