suhailsaish

USCIS has turned my marriage into a joke...

117 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just out of curiosity how many people here applied for a tourist visa for their spouse? I applied for the wife and she was approved. We had a baby so maybe that helped. At least she can hang out in the US until were past the NVC.

Even so, the spouse can only stay 90 days at the most. Also, I believe that you can't stay in the US more than 180 calendar days in a year.

Sometimes my husband comes and stays 30 days but then has to return because of work. Also, at the POE, they would give him a hard time about coming in with a B1/B2 with a pending I-130. Back in July, they almost didn't let him through because they kept asking him if he planned on staying and that he can't stay here during immigration proceedings.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys im so sorry to say this but its good to see other people in the same boat... i will not be afraid to say it, i went to the US with a visa when i was 12 yrs old, my mom decided to overstay our visas, and at school i met my husband, we had a baby when we were 15 yrs old, got married when we were 16 yrs old, and came to Brazil when we were 17 yrs old. On my pic right there <----- we are 16 years old and our baby 1 year old... Its been over a year that i havent seen my husband and unless i get my IR1 visa im not going to see him anytime soon, since he left in feb 2013 i was angry ive posted a couple angry topics, until finally i started to calm down i think it was last month i took the day off to tell myself to suck it up, wake up and accept my reality (im not telling any of you to do that im just saying what I had to do) today we are 21 dreaming to see each other by june, if God bless... I dont think we should turn on each other and decide which one has the worst story we dont know what the other one is truly going through, its not easy for any of us... One thing i would like to say, lets not forget once its over lets help other couples, sign petitions, voting, writing emails to senators, congressman, news people anything cuz we sure would have appreciated if someone had done that for us.

And like someone has said, do NOT allow this to tear your marriage apart, you have made a promise that in sickness and in health, in rich or poor youd be there for your partner SO STAY STRONG NOW BECAUSE ONE DAY WE WILL BE THERE FOR OUR PARTNER!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
NOA1 February 20, 2013
NOA2 November 25, 2013
NVC received case on January 11, 2014
NVC assigned case # Jan 17, 2014
NVC accepted DS-261 on Jan 22, 2014
AOS paid on February 11, 2014
AOS payment accepted on Feb 14, 2014
AOS Package sent Feb 19, 2014
Package IV paid on Feb 26, 2014
NVC received AOS package Feb "package lost"
Package IV payment accepted March
Submitted DS-260 on March 6, 2014
NVC received Package IV ___
NVC entered Package IV in their system_____

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I haven't seen my husband in almost 3 years. We have a daughter together and he has never held her. I wish I could tell you that it gets better, but it doesn't. What helps keep my marriage together is my faith in God and also knowing that I fell in love with my husband before I knew about the hell that I would have to endure with this visa process. Do not allow this process to tear your marriage apart.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the hardship that this is causing. This isn't easy but when you can embrace your husband these painful memories will slowly fade away.

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

indeed if you are the offspring of illegal parents then you had no choice over your place of birth or lack of status.

No No No No.

No other country in the world does this.

You are talking about teenagers who are passport holders of a vast range of any number of other countries.

They are not homeless or hopeless - they have a home.

They have an address - its on the address line of the passport of the country where they came from.

They visit their cousins on several trips all the time.

Just like I do.

Or just like everybody else.

I dont get why americans must empathize with someone who doesnt have a claim to being American.

Not being born here. Not having a parent or a grandparent who is American.

How else do you define citizenship ?

Jus solis, jus sanguinis...

jus obama ?

Republicans always get beaten up by media because they demonize those who won't supposedly vote for them.

Because they limit electoral rights that were hard fought.

You know what else is hard fought - the value of a passport of the greatest country on this planet.

Don't let Arianna huffington decide what hands it should end up in.

Edited by gabeRao

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please do anybody have an idea of when my case is likely to get approved by uscis?my p.d is june 21,2013 amd my petition was transfered to nebraska on the 27th of december 2013.this is really frustracting.thanks in advance for your replies.

Yeah this waiting game does affect marriage in many ways. I met my husband online and ran away twice, once to get married and a second time to prevent forced marriage from my parents. My parents wanted to have me traditionally arrange married off in order to stay within their "social norms", which I did not approve of. I came back to finish my degree and am living with my parents again, under compromise, stress and pain. Can't wait to be with my husband. This distance has cause us to become bitter and mean to one another, we know we miss each other so much but it is so hard to deal with it! Have not seen him for a year and 5 months.

Hope everyone has the strengths to deal with it, I know it can be hard and what we have to go through is completely unfair and unbearable, just think about the future and how one day, this will all not matter anymore, that is how I try to stay positive.

July 28 2011- Married :dancing:

April 1 2013- Sent I-130

April 2 2013- NOA1

Nov 14 2013-Transferred to NSC

Nov 21- File touched

Jan 10, 2014- Approved! (NOA2)

Jan 13, 2014- Shipped out to NVC

Jan 27, 2014- Received by NVC

March 6,2014- Received Case Number and requested Case Number Change

March 9, 2014 -Sent in DS-261

March 10,2014 - Paid AOS Fee

March 22, 2014 - Sent in AOS Package

March 25,2014 - Paid IV Fee

March 26, 2014 - AOS Package picked up by a B.Standish

March 28, 2014 - IV fee shown as PAid

March 31, 2014 - Send corrections to AOS Package

April 1, 2014 - Corrected Aos Package received and signed by N Visa Center

April 5, 2014 - Case number changed finally

April 11, 2014- Got checklist for AOS

April 17, 2014- Submitted DS-260

April 18, 2014- Sent in IV package and AOS checklist

May 14, 2014- IV Checklist

May 16, 2014- Sent in IV Checklist

May 23, 2014- IV Checklist received

June 25, 2014- Case Complete

July 2, 2014- Receive CC email

July 11, 2014- Interview email received

July 21, 2014- Medical Done

Aug 26, 2014- Interview

Case in AP :ranting::ranting:

Oct 23, turned in needed documents

Case Updated- July 22, 30, Aug 5, Nov 2, Nov 4, Nov 8, Nov 15+16 (2015)

Nov 16-told to go to Embassy

Update Nov 29 + 30

Nov 29 - Gave Refusal Sheet :cry:

Informed that Case is being sent back to USCIS with intent to revoke :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Jan 12-13, 216 Case Date Update on CEAC

Feb 12,2016-Update on USCIS, case under review

Oct 14, 2016 NOIR sent out, received OCT 18, 2016

Dream-dj.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I met my hubby online, 14 years ago. I was a single mom of twins. He moved from his home in California and we did the process after we got married, 12 years ago. In that time, we had a son and my twins are in their 20's.

We had talked about him returning home, he couldn't take another winter, being shut in for 7 mos. He does not like Canada. He gave it 12 years. We sent in our paperwork and our PD is in December.

Because he has been away for so long, we felt it would be good for him to establish domicile and get things going. My son who is 8 is closer to his dad and in February, I set them free to go home. It is awful waiting, knowing I am only in the first phase. I Skype my boys every night. Yes it is hard, I couldn't let my son choose which parent to wait it out with and I miss him so much. Its been over 3 weeks and yet feels like a lifetime since I hugged him last.

I hope USCIS fixes things. Its the first time we have been separated and although it is part of the process, it shouldn't be like this. My son started school in a new place without me, he has had a lot of firsts without me. Had he have stayed here, his dad would have missed out. The process is unfair.

If I can be a part of change, not for my family but someone else's family, at least it has been somewhat worthwhile. I have been staying at a friend's and it is hard. Her family is not my family and her home is not our home.

Edited by angeldaemon13

10/28/13-I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago Lock Box from Abroad

11/01/13-I-130 received at facility

11/12/13-Contacted Chicago Lock box to find info on our petition and was told it is being returned.

11/14/13-Received package back from Lock Box with RFE to resend it with correct filing fee.

(Money Order not drawn on US account)

11/25/13-I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago Lock Box from Abroad with correct method of payment.

12/06/13-Received NOA1 via Email stating our case has been transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

12/12/13-Checked USCIS site for Case Status. Seen our case is in initial Review.

12/16/13-Received Hardcopy NOA1 in mail.

Feb 5-crossed border to US to see hubs and son off at airport. Flew to CA to establish domicile.

Feb 11-Case touched to update hub's change of address

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got married and stayed there another month before coming back to the states to start the application process. I already feel like government is trying to make it impossible. Maybe the evidence and such is not important hardly at all, maybe the real test from them is to see if you can last.. I have a keen feeling that I am going to end up back in Mexico with him. Being separated is very hard.

• 08/16/2013 - Met Through Family

12/09/2013 - Got Married

02/24/2014 - Sent I-130 Application

02/27/2014 - I-130 Accepted

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1

06/03/2014 - I-130 Approved

06/09/2014 - Received NOA2

07/18/2014 - Received DS-261 and AOS Bill

07/21/2014 - Submitted DS-261

08/01/2014 - Paid AOS Bill

08/07/2014 - Mailed AOS Packet

08/11/2014 - NVC received AOS Packet

09/15/2014 - Received IV Fee

09/18/2014 - Paid IV Fee

09/24/2014 - Submitted DS-260

09/24/2014 - Mailed IV Packet

09/30/2014 - NVC received IV Packet

10/22/2014 - Received Checklist

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In July me and hubs will be married 12 years. If it is a test for a green card, I think we passed.

10/28/13-I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago Lock Box from Abroad

11/01/13-I-130 received at facility

11/12/13-Contacted Chicago Lock box to find info on our petition and was told it is being returned.

11/14/13-Received package back from Lock Box with RFE to resend it with correct filing fee.

(Money Order not drawn on US account)

11/25/13-I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago Lock Box from Abroad with correct method of payment.

12/06/13-Received NOA1 via Email stating our case has been transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

12/12/13-Checked USCIS site for Case Status. Seen our case is in initial Review.

12/16/13-Received Hardcopy NOA1 in mail.

Feb 5-crossed border to US to see hubs and son off at airport. Flew to CA to establish domicile.

Feb 11-Case touched to update hub's change of address

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No No No No.

No other country in the world does this.

You are talking about teenagers who are passport holders of a vast range of any number of other countries.

They are not homeless or hopeless - they have a home.

They have an address - its on the address line of the passport of the country where they came from.

They visit their cousins on several trips all the time.

Just like I do.

Or just like everybody else.

I dont get why americans must empathize with someone who doesnt have a claim to being American.

Not being born here. Not having a parent or a grandparent who is American.

How else do you define citizenship ?

Jus solis, jus sanguinis...

jus obama ?

Republicans always get beaten up by media because they demonize those who won't supposedly vote for them.

Because they limit electoral rights that were hard fought.

You know what else is hard fought - the value of a passport of the greatest country on this planet.

Don't let Arianna huffington decide what hands it should end up in.

I didn't say that they were homeless, I said that they didn't have a choice over where they were born. Say your parents had moved to another country and you'd grown up there, your parents didn't want to return home so as their dependent you had no choice yourself over where you lived. Once you reached adulthood would you want to leave the country you'd been born and grew up in and move to somewhere you may never even have been? Should this generation be punished for their parents actions?

These people are in the US, whether you like it or not and they have not seemed keen to leave so why not give them a path to becoming legal and a taxpayer. Good luck trying to find them all and kick them out. I think that they should have to wait in line behind citizens and LPR's but I do think they should be given a chance to stay in the country.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

2. Why is it that countries like Spain and India are able to give foreign spouses of their citizens permanent, legal residence in less than 1 month?

ProTip: There are far less people seeking to immigrate to those countries.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

I didn't say that they were homeless, I said that they didn't have a choice over where they were born. Say your parents had moved to another country and you'd grown up there, your parents didn't want to return home so as their dependent you had no choice yourself over where you lived. Once you reached adulthood would you want to leave the country you'd been born and grew up in and move to somewhere you may never even have been? Should this generation be punished for their parents actions?

Not a punishment.

People live in the countries where they "cannot go back to" -- and they are doing quite well.

To answer your personal question.

I cannot claim nationality in a country that I have no ties to -- other than the fact that I once lived there.

If I don't qualify for a skill-based immigrant quota, what are you doing here if you have no family ??

A lot of Americans grow up in other countries - you tell me which one of those give away their nationality to americans because they were "brought there"

There are exceptions to the rules - Cuba, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea

Because America has historic ties to the repressed peoples of these countries.

They are - literally yearning to breathe free.

Doesn't apply to everybody else who is not subjugated.

~~~~~~~~~~~

These people are in the US, whether you like it or not and they have not seemed keen to leave so why not give them a path to becoming legal and a taxpayer. Good luck trying to find them all and kick them out. I think that they should have to wait in line behind citizens and LPR's but I do think they should be given a chance to stay in the country.

Nobody is kicking them out.

Don't make them into citizens.

Edited by gabeRao

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.