suhailsaish

USCIS has turned my marriage into a joke...

117 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

...get the cats micro-chipped and vaccinated and go to him.

I forgot to mention.. one of my cats is a 13 year old Himalayan. Recently, she was gravely ill and is under a lot of antibiotics. The vet suspects cancer and will do the biopsy next week after the antibiotics treat the infection she has in her bones. This cat was so close to my husband and he forged a special bond with her. It's heartbreaking that I may have to put her down and he can't see her or be there to hold her. Pets become our families too.

Edited by Paz_Tranquilidade

Filed: Timeline

We are October filers and new to this waiting game, everyday I think about packing my bags and heading off to live with my husband. The only thing that keeps me going on my bad days is listening to him sing to me. Thank God for whatsapp recordings smile.png "tell me this tell me that, why should I give all my love to you"? I love him so so much!!! I ask God everyday for a Quick journey for us all.

I would suggest staying with him if you had the opportunity. This will take a long time. If you filed in October, you won't hear from USCIS until at least April or May...

That's so romantic that he sings to you. Awwww.. that made me a little emotional crying.gif awwwww

I forgot to mention.. one of my cats is a 13 year old Himalayan. Recently, she was gravely ill and is under a lot of antibiotics. The vet suspects cancer and will do the biopsy next week after the antibiotics treat the infection she has in her bones. This cat was so close to my husband and he forged a special bond with her. It's heartbreaking that I may have to put her down and he can't see her or be there to hold her. Pets become our families too.

They are our families! I'm so sorry to hear about kitty!! :'( Absolutely heart breaking

My female feline took to my husband right away! The night my husband left after we married she slept in his spot on the couch and didn't move. I was bawling like a baby!

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My life in a nutshell... Arranged marriage in May 2013, Filed first week on June, didn't hear a squeak till mid December that my case is getting transferred to NSC. Was asked too wait 60 days because inquiring... today is the 70th day. Now the sites been down. I have been with my wife exactly 22 days in a year of us knowing each other. I will never forget the pain you have caused me USCIS.

It sucks really. Mine was arranged marriage in june 2013. We started skyping, chatting in feb 2013. Now its been 1 year ever since i met him, 8 months from marriage. We were together n spent time only for 10 days during wedding. Every day and night is horrible for me without him. Still i m trying to be strong. The best part is my husband s a strong person. He s hiding his pain and missing me so much. I could see n feel when we were on vchat. But He wont express it out coz he thinks it would make me worried. Really USCIS is the cause. Honest people were screwed up. GOD SAVE EVERYONE HERE....

Edited by CresentMoon

I-130 USCIS

NOA1: 08/15/2013

NOA1 Hardcopy: 08/22/2013

Case transferred to CSC: 02/10/2014

Case transfer Hardcopy: 02/19/2014

NOA2: 03/05/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy: 03/10/2014

NVC:

Case arrived at NVC: 03/13/2014

Case number,IIN,BIN assigned and email id given: 04/14/2014

DS261 Available and Completed: 04/18/2014

DS261 accepted and received instruction: 04/21/2014

AOS fee paid and Payment status is "IN PROCESS": 04/21/2014

AOS Payment status shows PAID: 04/24/2014

AOS mailed to NVC: 04/24/2014

IV fee paid and payment status shows " IN PROCESS" : 04/25/2014

IV fee payment status shows PAID: 04/29/2014

Approved IV packet and DS260: 05/20/2014

Interview Date(Got from NVC by call on 05/30/2014): 07/15/2014

Received Interview Letter from NVC by email: 06/02/2014.

Biometrics done at VAC,Chennai: 06/16/2014

Medicals done at Apollo,Chennai: 06/17/2014

VISA APPROVED at Mumbai embassy: 07/15/2014

VISA Pick up at Chennai VFC: 07/18/2014

Port Of Entry: 9/4/2014

SSN Arrived: 10/6/2014

Green Card Arrived: 10/22/2014

Case Complete: 05/27/2014

Removal of Conditional - Joint Waiver/Divorced

Green Card Expired: 9/04/2016

NOA Date: 7/13/2016

Biometric Date: 8/2/2016

I-551 Samping: 7/7/2017 at Dallas Field Office

I-751 Approved: 10/07/2017 (USCIS status: New card is being produced)

New Green Card Received:  

My husband and I have known and done the LDR for 5 years. We started this process about two years ago. We have been push and pulled by USCIS for the k-1. Last summer we got married and decided to do the cr-1. But this year has been the hardest on both of us. It feels like I cry myself to sleep more than not.

I am a student so its summer time. Meaning when I can go visit him, but the money is not there how we need it to be. I contemplate moving every day! I just dont know what I would do about my school loans and if I would be able to pick up where I left off when I come back. And I would be coming back with no job. But I am very close to just moving, at least until he has a visa. \

It is the worst feeling its like our lives are on hold. Everyone tells me keep busy, but how is that possible when everything you do is just a reminder that the one you love is not with you. This has been a difficult month!

(We filled cr-1 in September)

Met in Morocco summer 2009

Visited again 2011, 2012, 2013

(The thing I look forward to the most during the year!)

November 2011

K-1 visa (Denied July 2012)

July-November 2012

Waiting for chance to appeal

December 2012

K-1 visa (filed again)

GIVEN THE HARDEST TIME ABANDONED June 2013

September 2013

MARRIED! happy.png

October 2013

5th: Filed

15th: NOA1

March 2014

7th: Transfered to CSC

April 2014

12th: NOA2

May 2014

27th: AOS paid and DS-261 complete

June 2014

10th: AOS sent

August 2014

8th: DS 260 accepted

13th: IV packaged received

October 2014

18th: Checklist

December 2014

11th: CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Combined with the nagging threat of AP against my wife, because she has a common Muslim name, I lost it.

My fiance has a very Muslim name (even though he is secular himself) -- two prophet names, plus an honorific meaning that he is directly descended from the prophets. We're K-1, but he was approved without AP, and received his visa a week later. I think the embassy interviewers are smart enough to see beyond common Muslim names.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

dude i feel you this waiting game totally sucks here we are tax paying citizens getting screwed by our own government (racist content removed -VJ Moderation) it just so unfair that im hateing my own government more everyday cuz me and my wife do nothing but fight over nothing cuz she is bored to death sitting home hoping to get approved i wish i could talk to the president one on one i would straighten him out on our situation so try to stay strong cuz were in the same boat good luck

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

This thread was a good "suck it up and count your blessings" wake up call for me. I'm frustrated because we thought we were being SO proactive, filing in October when we planned to move in June. Obviously, that's not going to happen, and it feels like our lives are on hold.

But because my husband is a dual citizen, he has been able to be with me in Canada this whole time, and will stay here with me until we both move to the US, no matter when that is.

Hubby has been in the US this weekend to see his mom, and being without him even for a few days was no fun. I can't imagine how rotten it would be for months or years!

Anyway, I wish you strength and speedy approvals, and a wonderful reunion with your spouses. And thanks for reminding me of how lucky I am.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Like all that have posted here on this topic, I too am so frustated with The USCIS. We do the right thing and then are made feel like we are being punished. My Husband and I have been married 12 months on the 23rd of March 2013 and what has kept me going and sane is spending our first wedding aniverary together but seeing we haven't even been approved yet there is no chance of that happening now. I feel more and more depressed every day. We talk every day on Skype or phone but its not the same at all. I have even got to the point where I have said to Him " I have had enough I am not going, You can come here " He is wonderful, calming me down and assuring me that it has to happen soon. I understand that the government is focused on making the illegal immigrants legal, but at what cost to us, that have went through the right channels and paid our way unlike the illeagals? I just want to be with my Husband so we can move on with the rest of our lives and not live in this limbo world that is frustrating, depressing and wrong!

Edited by Zuyas ozzie wife

I want to thank you all for sharing your stories, for once i didn't feel all alone or isolated in this process. Reading your responses and the private messages i have received, i am feeling more hopeful again. And i really appreciate the support and advice you all have given me. Please stay strong and i pray for all of us to be together with our significant others soon so we can start making up for the time we spent apart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm hugely frustrated too, our NOA2 took about 7 months which is long but less than a lot of others so I can't complain too much about that. Since our case was received at the NVC we have already waited a calender month with no action, and they seem to be in no rush to give us a case number so far. We've been married nine months next week and since the wedding day we've spent 23 days together I think which includes our honeymoon. It really isn't right. As the beneficiary I feel like my life is in limbo because I'm waiting to be able to move and I have no idea when that will be. Currently I alternate between feeling miserable and optimism but each week that passes I feel a little bit lower. My wife is a wonderful woman and trying her best to raise my spirits but she is suffering too.

I think if anyone is reading this thread and is suffering like a lot of the other posters here then share it because it only helps to get it out and everyone here understands what you are going through. I really do hope that all of us get some good news soon.

Edited by Hotter Otter

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Me and my husband have been living overseas for the past 7 years with our 3 children. We have never been separated during those years except for a 3 month period where he had to file a similar petition for residency in a third country. We only started this I-130 process for me in November, so I know we have a long way to go. My husband will have to move back to the US soon due to his residency here expiring upon graduation and so will mine, which means I will have to go back home and wait out this immigrant visa thing. Although it has not happened yet I have severe bouts of anxiety and at times depression at the thought of being away from my husband for an unknown period of time, and raising our three young kids on my own. I do not have much of a support structure in my home country and am dreading the thought of going. I don't know how I will cope when it actually happens! I pray things speed up soon for all of you.

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

After one year of a long hard distance relationship, I got married last May´13 in Seattle (WA). My husband and I decided to live in Spain together and start the whole process from here. He got his Spanish residency for five years(valid for all the European Union) in just ONE MONTH, for a 10.70 euros cost (8 dollars). It is outrageous to read all these posts here and see how difficult and messy is everything in the US. I am a January filer and my visa journey has just begun, but at least we are waiting for it together. I know it is difficult to leave your home country (house, kids -if applicable- and job) and start a temporary life abroad with your foreign husband to come back relatively soon. However, to those who are able to do that, I strongly recommend you to go ahead. We do not deserve being away each other: We live just once!

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.