KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

SMALL backlog, yeah.

It's better than denying it entirely and telling us TSC and CSC are processing petitions equally like they usually do I suppose.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I contacted and had a reply from the senior person Donald Neufeld of the USCIS processing offices. I have copied and pasted the email I sent and received below.

I was really impressed that the reply came within 24 Hours..............................................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS WHAT I SENT....................................

Dear Sir,

Could you advise me how to put in an official complaint relating to the imbalance of processing times between the different USCIS Service Centres?

I am a British Citizen marrying an American Citizen and feel that I am being discriminated against based on my country of origin and the location where I wish to live in within the USA. I am a hard working, law abiding university graduate and I am totally dissatisfied with the level of service I am receiving.

I look forward to your comments on my individual case.

Kindest regards

Richard Trent BEng

THIS WAS HIS REPLY...............................................

Dear Sir,

I assure you there is no malfeasance behind the processing time differences at our Service Centers. However, information on how to report USCIS misconduct is available here.

Our goal is to provide consistent processing times across all our facilities. However, in processing over 4 million cases annually at all four centers there are numerous factors that can impact our ability to deliver on that goal. Unfortunately, the Texas Service Center (TSC) has developed a small backlog in handling I-129F fiancé petitions. We are aware of this and are working diligently to address the delay. If the petition filed on your behalf has been pending longer than the posted TSC processing time, the petitioner may submit an e-request. Information on e-requests and other case status information is available here.

Sincerely,

Donald Neufeld

Wow...Small backlog, huh? Talk about empathy. But great work, Sheri&Rich for bringing it to his attention that WE know.

I think we should all write him as well. What is the email? More people write to his inbox, the more we can help move these tires out of the mud.

Edited by YashRadz

I contacted and had a reply from the senior person Donald Neufeld of the USCIS processing offices. I have copied and pasted the email I sent and received below.

I was really impressed that the reply came within 24 Hours..............................................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS WHAT I SENT....................................

Dear Sir,

Could you advise me how to put in an official complaint relating to the imbalance of processing times between the different USCIS Service Centres?

I am a British Citizen marrying an American Citizen and feel that I am being discriminated against based on my country of origin and the location where I wish to live in within the USA. I am a hard working, law abiding university graduate and I am totally dissatisfied with the level of service I am receiving.

I look forward to your comments on my individual case.

Kindest regards

Richard Trent BEng

THIS WAS HIS REPLY...............................................

Dear Sir,

I assure you there is no malfeasance behind the processing time differences at our Service Centers. However, information on how to report USCIS misconduct is available here.

Our goal is to provide consistent processing times across all our facilities. However, in processing over 4 million cases annually at all four centers there are numerous factors that can impact our ability to deliver on that goal. Unfortunately, the Texas Service Center (TSC) has developed a small backlog in handling I-129F fiancé petitions. We are aware of this and are working diligently to address the delay. If the petition filed on your behalf has been pending longer than the posted TSC processing time, the petitioner may submit an e-request. Information on e-requests and other case status information is available here.

Sincerely,

Donald Neufeld

Can we tell Donald that he's full of ####### and we can't submit e-requests?

Lawwwd.

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

Just joined today, but my fiancé and I have been

checking this website at least twice a day!!! Let alone we visit USCIS site to check the status of our case. It's been quite a LONG draining journey!!! We are getting so close to our wedding date and we still didn't receive our NOA2. Keeping our fingers crossed, hope to hear soon!!! Glad to see they started approving people who filed in Jan. :)))). Below is what we received via

Email when we placed an inquiry July 1st. Anyone got anything similar?!

On 07/01/2014 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I129F

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

-- Information not available

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We had to perform an additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 90 days.

hey i received that a month ago...its been a month. I am a DECEMBER filer still waiting for NOA2. Even though its depressing seeing recent approvals i don't blame you guys because it's TSC fault. congratulations on your approvals..hope to receive some news myself... :)

Wow!!! It's insane!!!! They don't realize how they're inconveniencing people with there plans and literally ruining their lives? I don't even know if contacting the senator will help at this point. I feel unfortunately we need to wait it out!!! Hope we ALL get approved SOON!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I sent a reply back to Mr Neufeld following his reply to my first enquiry and have posted up for you................................................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE REPLY I SENT...............................................

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and it is good to know that there is recognition of the delay within the TSC for I-129f applicants. It is very frustrating when I am informed that British Citizens filing at CSC are being approved in under 4 weeks and I have been currently been waiting patiently in excess of 24 weeks.

For your information, I have indeed previously filed an e-request on 7/1/2014 for being outside the processing time of 5 months, which at that date my petition was. Unfortunately my e-request was rejected for reasons I do not fully understand.

I have listed below my application number should you wish to investigate this further and in the meantime, if there is anything else that can be done to expedite my application then I would be very happy to receive any help available.

SRC1490132***

Kindest regards and best wishes from the United Kingdom

Richard Trent BEng

________________________________________________________________________________

THIS IS THE REPLY BACK FROM MR NEUFELD

I have forwarded your request to our Customer Service Directorate for follow up.

Sincerely,

Donald Neufeld

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I sent a reply back to Mr Neufeld following his reply to my first enquiry and have posted up for you................................................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and it is good to know that there is recognition of the delay within the TSC for I-129f applicants. It is very frustrating when I am informed that British Citizens filing at CSC are being approved in under 4 weeks and I have been currently been waiting patiently in excess of 24 weeks.

For your information, I have indeed previously filed an e-request on 7/1/2014 for being outside the processing time of 5 months, which at that date my petition was. Unfortunately my e-request was rejected for reasons I do not fully understand.

I have listed below my application number should you wish to investigate this further and in the meantime, if there is anything else that can be done to expedite my application then I would be very happy to receive any help available.

SRC1490132***

Richard Trent BEng

________________________________________________________________________________

I have forwarded your request to our Customer Service Directorate for follow up.

Sincerely,

Donald Neufeld

That's amazing!!! Hopefully he will help you get NOA2 soon!

K1 Journey: AOS Journey:

March 25, 2014: I-129f sent. April 16, 2015: Date filed.

April 1, 2014: NOA1 received & check cashed. April 22, 2015: NOA received.
April 2, 2014: Alien Registration Number changed.
Sep 16, 2014: NOA2 - Petition approved!
Sep 23, 2014: Case shipped to NVC.

Oct 01, 2014: Case arrived at NVC.

Oct 03, 2014: Got our case number!

Oct 06, 2014: Left NVC.

Oct 17, 2014: At the Embassy.

Oct 22, 2014: Packet 3 received.

Nov 03, 2014: Packet 3 sent.

Nov 11, 2014: Medical examination.

Dec 2, 2014: Packet 4 received.

Dec 8, 2014: Interview! (Approved!!!)

Dec 10, 2014: Visa received!!!

Jan 22, 2015: US Entry!

Feb 22, 2015: Happily ever after! :-)

April 16, 2015: Filed Adjustment of STatus.

April 22, 2015: AOS NOA received.

May 14, 2015: Biometrics appointment.

October 09, 2015: AOS approved!

September 05, 2017: Lifting conditions filed.

Timeline

Dear Sir,

SRC1490132***

Richard Trent BEng

Sincerely,

Donald Neufeld

Excellent! While you have his attention, hopefully he will truly look at the back log of I129Fs at TSC; as it is not right that I130s are being processed faster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Excellent! While you have his attention, hopefully he will truly look at the back log of I129Fs at TSC; as it is not right that I130s are being processed faster.

Quite honestly, I think that it takes so long for those being married to be approved to be quite stupid. They're already married. As much as I want my petition approved, I believe they shouldn't have to wait so long. I'd've married Matt & filed for that, but saw the k1 was faster & knew I couldn't handle being separated for so long. As of now, however, it's looking as though we made the wrong decision. :(

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Timeline

Quite honestly, I think that it takes so long for those being married to be approved to be quite stupid. They're already married. As much as I want my petition approved, I believe they shouldn't have to wait so long. I'd've married Matt & filed for that, but saw the k1 was faster & knew I couldn't handle being separated for so long. As of now, however, it's looking as though we made the wrong decision. :(

None of us should wait more than the "goal times," whether it be those who are married or those who are engaged. That is why the are goals - they are created using historical data and staff on hand. It should be a red flag for them that they are processing outside of the goal times for I129F.

The, I129F (and by extension the K1 visa in general) was created for faster processing because there was "supposedly" less to verify - most importantly that a marriage occurred. If us, TSC filers would have known they would just delay the process sooooo much, we would likely have gone the other way....I mean who wouldn't???

But I am still hoping they wake up and process things faster. Some news media outlets are looking into the delay from multiple people's narratives, so let's see if it helps!!

Filed: Timeline

Some senators we have here in Pennsylvania! I contacted three of them few days ago, and they didn't even bother replying back stating "sorry can't help you". I contacted Senator Leach, Rep. Delissio and Congr. Fattah. Anyone from PA had any luck with any of the senators?

Timeline

Well...........................I have now had an email from the USCIS Customer Assistance Office.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Richard Trent

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your inquiry. Our Customer Assistance Office (CAO) is currently researching your issue. We are dedicated to proactively providing information and guidance to USCIS applicants, petitioners, and advocates regarding immigration benefits. Please allow 30 days for us to respond to your inquiry. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Customer Assistance Office

USCIS

The wait goes on................................ :rolleyes:

Timeline

My fiancé and I just received notice from Senator Murphy (Connecticut) that our case is with an officer and being processed as of today! We should expect to receive news within 1-2 weeks.

Our NOA1 date is February 4th.

I would highly recommend getting in touch with senators!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

None of us should wait more than the "goal times," whether it be those who are married or those who are engaged. That is why the are goals - they are created using historical data and staff on hand. It should be a red flag for them that they are processing outside of the goal times for I129F.

The, I129F (and by extension the K1 visa in general) was created for faster processing because there was "supposedly" less to verify - most importantly that a marriage occurred. If us, TSC filers would have known they would just delay the process sooooo much, we would likely have gone the other way....I mean who wouldn't???

But I am still hoping they wake up and process things faster. Some news media outlets are looking into the delay from multiple people's narratives, so let's see if it helps!!

I hope so too. I mean, from historical data, last summer they were processing over 4000 a month of i129f. They easily could get through the backlog in 2-3 months if they just put some freaking effort in. I've seen it in statistics. I've tried doing what I can to make this known...& I'll write to cnn tonight. I really don't like the idea of them getting more & more back logged & having to wait until Christmas just for my noa2, when he should be HERE by Christmas (& being an April filer, that's not much to ask)

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.