KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I saw this posted on another forum. My question is even though I haven't heard from my consulate, can I just go ahead and pay it? I'd like to save $25 if I can :P We will most likely have our interview before December 11. I am thinking I can probably just pay it now but just wanted to know if there's any issue with paying before we get the packet 3 or whatever we get from the consulate.

Thanks though.

In order to pay you need to complete DS 160 first, you will also need to have your case number. Once you complete DS 160 you can go into the website to set appointments and there you will be requested to pay the fee (I paid with a credit card in their website) .

You can pay the fee, just make sure you set the interview prior to Dec 12, but also giving you enough time to receive any packages or letter the consulate will send ( you are giving yourself 3 months to get this, so you will be fine!) (I don't know the specifics for India, in Mexico all they send is an invitation letter once must present at the interview and for medical)

Best luck!

Edited by SweetOpossum

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks! This is helpful :) We've been waiting patiently and taking our time with this next part because we don't want to mess up!

In order to pay you need to complete DS 160 first, you will also need to have your case number. Once you complete DS 160 you can go into the website to set appointments and there you will be requested to pay the fee (I paid with a credit card in their website) .

You can pay the fee, just make sure you set the interview prior to Dec 12, but also giving you enough time to receive any packages or letter the consulate will send ( you are giving yourself 3 months to get this, so you will be fine!) (I don't know the specifics for India, in Mexico all they send is an invitation letter once must present at the interview and for medical)

Best luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Received my noa2 finally! 9 months later lol now what??

Congrats!!! I have a feeling we will be the next nine month case. Lot of info on the forums to determine what's next, just browse, you have more info than you can handle my friend. Its a good problem to have. Thanks

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Its 242 days since we got our NOA1. still waiting on NOA2. My fiance raised an SR and the response is as below.

"Our records show that your Form I-129F is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay."

Did any one get this kind of response. not sure what exactly is going on.

Heights of frustration!!!

Hi

yes I am now somewhere in the 230 days plus area. Yes this is by far the highest height of frustration. I have no response from anyone so far. Same message as above. Can you fill your timeline and also which state is your fiancé in? Mine is in Punjab.

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Today, I just received an email reoly of the SR that states:

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 60 days of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below."

Additional review?? Should I be worries??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

yes I am now somewhere in the 230 days plus area. Yes this is by far the highest height of frustration. I have no response from anyone so far. Same message as above. Can you fill your timeline and also which state is your fiancé in? Mine is in Punjab.

I am beneficiary, from HYD, India. my fiance filed K1 for me. he is in Michigan, US. Its so difficult to be apart from loved ones. while this long wait for the visa, my fiance already traveled 4 times within 10 months to spend some time with me and still we are not sure where we are in this journey!!!

I am not sure what exactly Pending adjudication is. I guess still the case officer is not assigned yet. I have seen few people updating the response of their SR as Pending security check.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am beneficiary, from HYD, India. my fiance filed K1 for me. he is in Michigan, US. Its so difficult to be apart from loved ones. while this long wait for the visa, my fiance already traveled 4 times within 10 months to spend some time with me and still we are not sure where we are in this journey!!!

I am not sure what exactly Pending adjudication is. I guess still the case officer is not assigned yet. I have seen few people updating the response of their SR as Pending security check.

Masenko & MadhaviSri - I'm so sorry to see you guys go through all this delay. I understand the pain every bit, and I really hope you guys get your approvals soon. This is clearly an issue with India being classed as a red-flag country. Although, there were Indian citizens at CSC who seem to have gotten through quite quickly. But I can't imagine why else you guys have been held up. I have a personal stake in this because even though I live in the UK, my citizenship is Indian, and I am living in dread of my own application getting stuck. I am a May filer, who wasn't transferred to CSC like all the rest of the April/May filers were. There are some who weren't - nobody knows what the logic was as to why some people were transferred and some weren't. But I hope it wasn't because they found some other novel way of redflagging my application. This is is all so depressing and frustrating. I want to stay positive, but I need a sign. Some sign. And I know you guys need it, too.

12 May 2014: Mailed 129F packet to Dallas lockbox

21 May 2014: NOA1 from TSC

18 Sep 2014: NOA2

23 Sep 2014: Case sent to NVC

30 Sep 2014: NVC received + case number generated

06 Oct 2014: Left NVC

08 Oct 2014: Medical exam

09 Oct 2014: Case reached embassy in London

09 Oct 2014: DS-160 and Applicant Readiness form submitted

21 Oct 2014: Interview letter received

29 Oct 2014: Interview --> Approved!

07 Nov 2014: Visa in hand

08 Nov 2014: LHR --> BOS [Finally!!]

Timeline

Sadly, I think this is more of a fluke thing. I wouldn't consider India a red flag country. Thousands of Indians come to the US to study. Try not to worry about getting stuck. There's no way of knowing if you'll have any issues. Stay positive. There are always applications that get delayed. It's the nature of the process. You filed in May, be prepared not to hear anything for another 1-3 months. It's not fair for people doing this the right and legal way to have to wait so long. Clearly, immigration needs reform. All we can do is wait and hope for the best, knowing that the wait is making our relationships stronger.

Masenko & MadhaviSri - I'm so sorry to see you guys go through all this delay. I understand the pain every bit, and I really hope you guys get your approvals soon. This is clearly an issue with India being classed as a red-flag country. Although, there were Indian citizens at CSC who seem to have gotten through quite quickly. But I can't imagine why else you guys have been held up. I have a personal stake in this because even though I live in the UK, my citizenship is Indian, and I am living in dread of my own application getting stuck. I am a May filer, who wasn't transferred to CSC like all the rest of the April/May filers were. There are some who weren't - nobody knows what the logic was as to why some people were transferred and some weren't. But I hope it wasn't because they found some other novel way of redflagging my application. This is is all so depressing and frustrating. I want to stay positive, but I need a sign. Some sign. And I know you guys need it, too.

Timeline

Don't worry about your case until you need to worry about your case, there is a high (probably 98%) chance you'll be approved within normal processing time (6 months). I understand your concerns, but it's not worth worrying about. It's nothing to do with red flag countries, in that case the UK is also a red flag country. We have been on security checks for 2 months now, and I have no affiliations with any other country apart from the UK, and the US (brother is a US citizen).

There is literally no way to explain additional processing or these long delays for certain people, it is completely random, and probably only 2% of applications are in this situation, we can just live in hope that I, Masenko and MadhaviSri, and a few others hear something soon! Thinking of you guys!

12.31.2013 - Got engaged!

01.27.2014 - I-129f sent

01.31.2014 - I-129f received

02.04.2014 - NOA1

04.09.2014 - Alien Reg changed

07.10.2014 - Contacted Senator

07.18.2014 - Case with an officer, security checks begin!

08.08.2014 - Update on case, processing hold w/security checks :-(

09.09.2014 - Update on case, SECURITY CHECKS COMPLETE!! case routed to an officer again.

09.12.2014 - NOA2 (221 DAYS FROM NOA1- Shocking USCIS!)

09.17.2014 - Case sent to NVC

09.25.2014 - Case arrived at NVC

09.26.2014 - Case forwarded to London embassy

10.06.2014 - Case arrived at London embassy, status "Ready"

10.06.2014 - Applicant readiness form submitted and DS-160

10.08.2014 - Medical appointment

11.12.2014 - Interview - APPROVED!

11.18.2014 - Visa Issued

11.20.2014 - DX courier emailed for delivery on 11.21.2014

11.29.2014 - POE

12.27.2014 - Civil Ceremony

05.24.2015 - The big fancy wedding with a church blessing!!

Timeline

LaurenandCarl, how is your process going? No update? Been thinking of your case and hoping you get an expedite!

Don't worry about your case until you need to worry about your case, there is a high (probably 98%) chance you'll be approved within normal processing time (6 months). I understand your concerns, but it's not worth worrying about. It's nothing to do with red flag countries, in that case the UK is also a red flag country. We have been on security checks for 2 months now, and I have no affiliations with any other country apart from the UK, and the US (brother is a US citizen).

There is literally no way to explain additional processing or these long delays for certain people, it is completely random, and probably only 2% of applications are in this situation, we can just live in hope that I, Masenko and MadhaviSri, and a few others hear something soon! Thinking of you guys!

Timeline

LaurenandCarl, how is your process going? No update? Been thinking of your case and hoping you get an expedite!

Hey nitsirk7562! Thank you for thinking of us, that's so nice!

We haven't had any update on our case, my fiance's grandfather is doing a lot better than he was (there were times we didn't think he'd made it through the night). We spoke with his doctor but need his grandfather present in order to get a full letter stating his condition for expedite, so that's tomorrows task! Still no word as to whether they have completed security checks, once I know we're done with that it will be a huge weight off of the family's shoulders....any progress is good progress!

In the meantime, I booked a vacation with my fiance at the end of September :-) Such a huge amount of stress the last month, and not seeing each other for 5months, we both need a little break to recoup.

Congratulations on all of your progess! You're almost there!!! Must be sinking in now, you'll finally be together after all this waiting! :-)

01.27.2014 - I-129f sent

02.04.2014 - NOA1

09.09.2014 - Update on case, SECURITY CHECKS COMPLETE!! case routed to an officer again.

11.18.2014 - Visa Issued

11.29.2014 - POE

Timeline

Glad to hear your fiancé's grandfather is doing better. He has an important wedding to look forward to! :) Great idea to book a vacation- yes, you definitely need it! Just a few weeks away! That will give you a morale boost to face the rest of this process. Hoping for an update for you soon. Absolutely ridiculous to make people suffer in this way for so long.

Thanks for your congratulations :) We still have a few hills to climb, but there's an end in sight. I wish that for you and everyone else waiting this long as well!

Hey nitsirk7562! Thank you for thinking of us, that's so nice!

We haven't had any update on our case, my fiance's grandfather is doing a lot better than he was (there were times we didn't think he'd made it through the night). We spoke with his doctor but need his grandfather present in order to get a full letter stating his condition for expedite, so that's tomorrows task! Still no word as to whether they have completed security checks, once I know we're done with that it will be a huge weight off of the family's shoulders....any progress is good progress!

In the meantime, I booked a vacation with my fiance at the end of September :-) Such a huge amount of stress the last month, and not seeing each other for 5months, we both need a little break to recoup.

Congratulations on all of your progess! You're almost there!!! Must be sinking in now, you'll finally be together after all this waiting! :-)

Timeline

There's a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Just had confirmation we are out of security checks....after two months of them!

217 days....hopefully we can all stop counting soon.

01.27.2014 - I-129f sent

02.04.2014 - NOA1

11.18.2014 - Visa Issued

11.29.2014 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.