KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just got a call from the senators office (this is me after calling repeatedly), and they said the same thing they said since the last few weeks. Its in background checks with an outside company (apparently USCIS does do it), one of us has been flagged, cant tell who and they have no definite time till it would be cleared. I was married before, but we had a clean divorce, that's all I can think off and I really don't think our names have any links with anything suspicious. oh well, lets go back to staying numb indefinitely.....

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Awe I'm so sorry. I know I'm incredibly lucky that my fiancé's family is so supportive of our marriage. Some of his more distant relatives are not cool with him marrying a "firang." White women don't exactly have the best rep in India.

Hopefully over time, the relationship will heal and you'll be on good terms. I know it's hard to be positive when you're surrounded by negativity. You have your fiancée to lean on and in time you'll be together. This process is temporary. Don't let it change your positive spirit and consume who you are! Take back your happiness. Find something-anything, that makes you happy and keep telling yourself it's temporary. The negativity, the waiting will all be over soon!

Thanks for the sending positive vibes. Honestly if you meet me, I am usually the most positive person to be around (I am not saying it in a bragging way, its just my happy self and what others say about me). I was good till last month and I kept supporting her on a everyday basis, but honestly I am so phased out these days. Last night I broke out crying alone in bed. I have lost the will to exercise, to eat healthy food. I used to be a personnel and yoga trainer till a few years ago. I played racquetball, swam etc. Quite active and did it as it bought me happiness. Now I try and I am just not happy doing anything. I try to kill time watching TV as its the only time I can actually space out.

Also my parents have kinda disowned me as I am choosing to marry her. We are apparently of not the same caste's and that was a big no - no. I got engaged against their will and have tried to re-coup with them since, but I just keep getting pushed back. I send my brother a Bday card and he basically said to get lost and he hates me and not to contact him as I wrote from "her name" and "my name". I guess all the negative energy has finally broken my spirit and I am done hanging in there. Now I just stay numb....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the sending positive vibes. Honestly if you meet me, I am usually the most positive person to be around (I am not saying it in a bragging way, its just my happy self and what others say about me). I was good till last month and I kept supporting her on a everyday basis, but honestly I am so phased out these days. Last night I broke out crying alone in bed. I have lost the will to exercise, to eat healthy food. I used to be a personnel and yoga trainer till a few years ago. I played racquetball, swam etc. Quite active and did it as it bought me happiness. Now I try and I am just not happy doing anything. I try to kill time watching TV as its the only time I can actually space out.

Also my parents have kinda disowned me as I am choosing to marry her. We are apparently of not the same caste's and that was a big no - no. I got engaged against their will and have tried to re-coup with them since, but I just keep getting pushed back. I send my brother a Bday card and he basically said to get lost and he hates me and not to contact him as I wrote from "her name" and "my name". I guess all the negative energy has finally broken my spirit and I am done hanging in there. Now I just stay numb....

This is not good! You need to be you!! You're getting married to somebody you love, starting afresh and while things are tough now they will get so much better!

My nanny as a kid always used to say there's nothing a cup of tea, slab of cake and a talk can't do (well there probably are limits!), but although I can't provide the tea and cake, feel free to message me to vent or to just chat, get things off your mind.

:-)

12.31.2013 - Got engaged!

01.27.2014 - I-129f sent

01.31.2014 - I-129f received

02.04.2014 - NOA1

04.09.2014 - Alien Reg changed

07.10.2014 - Contacted Senator

07.18.2014 - Case with an officer, security checks begin!

08.08.2014 - Update on case, processing hold w/security checks :-(

09.09.2014 - Update on case, SECURITY CHECKS COMPLETE!! case routed to an officer again.

09.12.2014 - NOA2 (221 DAYS FROM NOA1- Shocking USCIS!)

09.17.2014 - Case sent to NVC

09.25.2014 - Case arrived at NVC

09.26.2014 - Case forwarded to London embassy

10.06.2014 - Case arrived at London embassy, status "Ready"

10.06.2014 - Applicant readiness form submitted and DS-160

10.08.2014 - Medical appointment

11.12.2014 - Interview - APPROVED!

11.18.2014 - Visa Issued

11.20.2014 - DX courier emailed for delivery on 11.21.2014

11.29.2014 - POE

12.27.2014 - Civil Ceremony

05.24.2015 - The big fancy wedding with a church blessing!!

I know exactly how you feel.

Every year my family gets together for holidays. Every holiday at that..

My fiance was in the country during Easter and we weren't allowed to attend.

To be precise, I was told that the children and I could come but he needed to stay home.

My family is unable to look past the color of his skin.

I am sure you can imagine their reaction to finding out that we were having a baby together. HA!

The way I see it, they'll either get over it or we'll likely never see each other again (my family). I'm okay with either.

My fiance and children will always come first. I will not subject them to the negativity that idiocy creates.

Edited by Jameel and Kasey

I-129F Process

Package Sent: 06/04/2014
Accepted (NOA1): 06/12/2014
Alien Reg. # Changed: 06/16/2014
Petition Approved (NOA2): 08/21/2014
Arrived at Consulate: 09/12/2014
DS160 Completed: 10/07/2014
Readiness: 10/07/2014
Medical: 10/08/2014
Interview: 12/09/2014 - APPROVED!
- CEAC Change to NonImmigrant - 12/10/2014
- CEAC Changed to AP - 12/11/2014
- CEAC Changed to Issued - 12/12/2014
Passport/Visa Received: 12/17/2014
POE: 12/22/2014 Chicago
Wedding: 02/03/2015

Our beautiful baby girl was born via csection January 10th 2015.

AOS Process

Mailed I-485, I-131 and I-765: 07/24/2015
Packet Delivered: 07/27/2015
Electronic NOA: 07/30/2015
Check Cashed: 07/31/2015
NOA1's Hardcopies Received: 08/04/2015
Biometrics Appt: 08/18/2015

EAD/AP Approved: 10/02/2015

- Card Ordered: 10/02/2015

- Approval Mailed: 10/06/2015

- Approval Received: 10/07/2015

- Combo Card Received: 10/08/2015

Interview: No Interview or VW
AOS Decision: Approved 01/30/2016

Timeline

I know exactly how you feel.

Every year my family gets together for holidays. Every holiday at that..

My fiance was in the country during Easter and we weren't allowed to attend.

To be precise, I was told that the children and I could come but he needed to stay home.

My family is unable to look past the color of his skin.

I am sure you can imagine their reaction to finding out that we were having a baby together. HA!

The way I see it, they'll either get over it or we'll likely never see each other again (my family). I'm okay with either.

My fiance and children will always come first. I will not subject them to the negativity that idiocy creates.

First and foremost congrats to both of you for having a baby girl!

Yes I am coming to terms with that also. Its hard as they have been amazing parents but have never been able to accept my choices in regards to a partner (they never liked any of my exes..). But I also have a limit and its coming close to be full. Thank god her parents are supportive.

The worst part is that I know what my parents want in a daughter in law and only if they give her a chance they would be more than happy, but they are so stubborn that they will not even attempt (well so far..). Here she is the same color, religion etc, but even though that all checked out, they had to find something. So wrong, just so wrong... and then they started looking for all things to why she "isn't good" for me. Anyways I don't want to rant anymore... sorry for today guys... just got off the phone with her and she just broke down... getting hard to stay strong for each other..

rCHNm4.png

LONG ### WAIT!

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Timeline

Awe I'm so sorry. I know I'm incredibly lucky that my fiancé's family is so supportive of our marriage. Some of his more distant relatives are not cool with him marrying a "firang." White women don't exactly have the best rep in India.

Hopefully over time, the relationship will heal and you'll be on good terms. I know it's hard to be positive when you're surrounded by negativity. You have your fiancée to lean on and in time you'll be together. This process is temporary. Don't let it change your positive spirit and consume who you are! Take back your happiness. Find something-anything, that makes you happy and keep telling yourself it's temporary. The negativity, the waiting will all be over soon!

Thank you for your positive words. I am trying and trying and as I have failed, I sense a sort of insanity... "to do the same thing and expect different results equates to insanity". The engineer in me had managed to keep me straight all this time, but after waiting fair and square and then to be told "we have no idea when we can complete your case", has completely thrown us off. Once again I hope you don't take my response negatively, I know you mean well, unfortunately this time all the good wishes haven't been able to cheer either of us. I sound like a complete A$$****, but I am also speaking my heart. Sorry if I said something wrong bud.

rCHNm4.png

LONG ### WAIT!

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Timeline

Also god bless you that his immediate family supports you. It makes the world of a difference. All my exes by definition were "firang" and yeah I saw how my parents reacted every time I told them. I have always cared for people and not the color of their skin, finally I am with a non-firang and now it seems they managed to find something else that doesn't please them. Their beef seems also to be that they didn't get to choose for me... but oh hell what do I know what's going on in their mind. I have been wrong about everything apparently according to them.

P.S- I am a self made man, came to this country at a very young age, studied and did all kinds of jobs - didn't care small or big, "prestigious or non prestigious (as some would say)" - respected and was thankful to get a job each time I got a job, now I have a full time engineer's job, settled down, don't owe anybody anything, don't hurt anybody, respect and love all people, love to make them laugh if I could etc etc. But in my parents eyes I am a failure. Bought them a condo next to mine so that they can come to the states and live close to me. I actually did it for them, not just talk. But as I am "choosing the wrong person" its all a waste and they regret sending me here....

All sorry for posting so much personnel stuff, this isn't a place to put this all out, this is a progress forum, I apologize... I am just so numb..

rCHNm4.png

LONG ### WAIT!

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well we try to help, but it does seem like you've spiraled and would prefer to be miserable for the time being. Not judging, I had this phase too. Emotional exhaustion, I get it. You'll snap out of it once you get your NOA2 I'm certain. You'll have to grow accustomed to waiting though. This quest for a green card is a whole lot of hurry up and wait.

Sadly, we can't choose our parents. All we can do is be better parents if/when we decide to have children. I can't pretend to fully understand the complexities of your family, but this does seem to be pretty common among Indian families. Many of my fiancé's friends go through this struggle. The decision to either go with or against their wishes is difficult and someone usually ends up unhappy. In the end, you chose to live for yourself and not for others. That's something to be proud of.

This forum is for support for those who are also going through this strenuous process, no need to apologize.

Also god bless you that his immediate family supports you. It makes the world of a difference. All my exes by definition were "firang" and yeah I saw how my parents reacted every time I told them. I have always cared for people and not the color of their skin, finally I am with a non-firang and now it seems they managed to find something else that doesn't please them. Their beef seems also to be that they didn't get to choose for me... but oh hell what do I know what's going on in their mind. I have been wrong about everything apparently according to them.

P.S- I am a self made man, came to this country at a very young age, studied and did all kinds of jobs - didn't care small or big, "prestigious or non prestigious (as some would say)" - respected and was thankful to get a job each time I got a job, now I have a full time engineer's job, settled down, don't owe anybody anything, don't hurt anybody, respect and love all people, love to make them laugh if I could etc etc. But in my parents eyes I am a failure. Bought them a condo next to mine so that they can come to the states and live close to me. I actually did it for them, not just talk. But as I am "choosing the wrong person" its all a waste and they regret sending me here....

All sorry for posting so much personnel stuff, this isn't a place to put this all out, this is a progress forum, I apologize... I am just so numb..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello, my case was sent to NVC on August 7th, but they haven't received it yet. How long will it take for them to assign a case number? From one waiting line, to another waiting line ... NICE!

At least yours was sent! Many people wait nearly a month for that. From what I've heard recently, it's taking ~1-2 weeks for NVC to receive the case and ~2-4 weeks for them to process it, assign a case # and ship it off to the embassy. This seems to vary pretty drastically from person to person, though. I feel your frustration, but take comfort in knowing the worst part is behind you and you won't have to deal with USCIS for a little while.

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Timeline

Well we try to help, but it does seem like you've spiraled and would prefer to be miserable for the time being. Not judging, I had this phase too. Emotional exhaustion, I get it. You'll snap out of it once you get your NOA2 I'm certain. You'll have to grow accustomed to waiting though. This quest for a green card is a whole lot of hurry up and wait.

Sadly, we can't choose our parents. All we can do is be better parents if/when we decide to have children. I can't pretend to fully understand the complexities of your family, but this does seem to be pretty common among Indian families. Many of my fiancé's friends go through this struggle. The decision to either go with or against their wishes is difficult and someone usually ends up unhappy. In the end, you chose to live for yourself and not for others. That's something to be proud of.

This forum is for support for those who are also going through this strenuous process, no need to apologize.

Thanks again for your words. I am sure I will spiral out also once we get the NOA 2. Fingers crossed. I think the rest of the journey to green card and beyond would be way easier as she would be here by then. Thanks again and have a great weekend my friend

rCHNm4.png

LONG ### WAIT!

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

Masenko, hang in there. We have the same NOA1 date :) and we are in the same boat. I've gone through a lot of different stages of frustration, anger, numbness, you name it. Waiting for so long is very hard, and what's making it even worse is that we don't know why we are in security check and when to expect it to finish...we can't plan anything and we are missing out on a lot of events in our loved ones lives. But soon we will get our NOA2s and we can finally move on!!!

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

NOA2 received today! I am so overjoyed. Two denied expediate requests, one congressman, one mis classification of petiton, one senator, and one request for evidence, almost seven months later I thought I would never see the day. All those in January still waiting, stay strong.

K1 petition NOA1-1/27/14

Alien # changed-2/3/14

Request for expedite-5/19/14

2nd expedite request-6/2/14

Expedite denied - 6/3/14

Request for evidence- 8/5/14

NOA2- 8/15/14

Shipped to NVC-8/19/14

NVC Departure: 9/4/14

Received in havana:9/11/14 (confirmed via DHL tracking).

CEAC Ready: 9/15/14

Interview: 11/10/14---> APPROVED

CEAC Issued: 11/14/14

VISA Received: 11/17/14

USA Entry: 12/6/14

Married: 2/27/15

AOS petition w/ i-131 and i-765

USPS delivery: 3/6/15

NOA1 email notification (x3) : 3/10/15

NOA1-hard copies: 3/14/15

Service Request: 4/6/15

E-mail response: 4/27/15 (biometric letter returned as undeliverable)

Harcopy response: 5/1/15 (showing biometric appointment had been scheduled for 3/30)

Biometrics (successful walk in): 5/4/15

EAD/AP approval: 5/18/15

EAD/AP card mailed: 5/22/15

EAD/AP card in hand 5/26/15

Interview waiver letter:6/18/15

RFE: 11/5/15

RFE received by USCIS office:12/2/15

Card in production:12/7/15

You guys! Our packet is officially in transit according to CEAC!!! Did not expect things to move so fast. That is all. I'm really excited. I hope everyone else is doing ok :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

You guys! Our packet is officially in transit according to CEAC!!! Did not expect things to move so fast. That is all. I'm really excited. I hope everyone else is doing ok :)

Yaaay! So happy for you!

things are going weird with us - I already posted about NVC messing with my birthdate, so they can't tell my fiance anything about our case because birthdate is "wrong". we didn;t receive RFE and checked our documents again but my birth date is correct in all of them... we were told they handed the problem to some senior specialist..

Anyway, I hope you'll pass all the remaining stages as quickly :)

K-1 visa, TSC:

NOA-1 - January 24, 2014

NOA-2 - July 25, 2014

Case shipped to NVC (Department of State actually) - July 31, 2014

Paper copy of NOA-2 received - August 2, 2014

NVC Case Creation Date - August 11, 2014 (as it says on CEAC website)

NVC Ready Status - August 18, 2014

Administrative Processing status - August 28, 2014

Medical - September 8, 2014

Interview - September 12, 2014 . Approved!!! :dancing:

Visa in hand - September 17, 2014

Flight to the USA - October 1, 2014

Wedding - December 6, 2014 (L)

Adjustment of Status:

Documents sent - April 12,2015

USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (email, text) - April 27,2015

Biometrics for AOS - May 20, 2015

RFE in the mail - May 23,2015

Biometrics for EAD (yep, sh*t happens) - June 23,2015

Notice of approval for EAD in mail - June 30,2015

EAD in mail - July 13, 2015

Avance Parole in mail - July 24,2015

Ready to schedule for interview - July 20, 2015

USCIS letter with interview date - August 22,2015

AOS interview date - September 24,2015

Approved! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Welcome letter in mail - September 29,2015

Green card in mail - October 2, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.