KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yee... I did... Thank you for your support! :-)

It will for sure! Just it is more and more difficult... before - we all had been waiting and I hoped for tomorrow! Now it feels as being left behind... As service centers reps are useless; Tier 2 - was useless, in my experience! NJ Senators - will see... giving them the second try!

I'm sure you haven't been left behind! You probably have your case with someone on vacation. Your time will come- and soon! TSC is finally making progress. It will all catch up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You have been waiting longer than me! I am the winner among the Jan fillers..

218 days for me...cheer up! our turn will come....hopefully soon!

I hear you :-( I think I am the only December filler left...

From and including: Thursday, December 26, 2013

To, but not including Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Result: 229 days

It is 229 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 7 months, 17 days excluding the end date

Alternative time units 229 days can be converted to one of these units:
  • 19,785,600 seconds
  • 329,760 minutes
  • 5496 hours
  • 229 days
  • 32 weeks (rounded down)

I wish I could hug you guys. I have become so numb at this point. I have no advise to share, don't even have the strength to say to "hang in there". Lets just count the days.....

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wish I could hug you guys. I have become so numb at this point. I have no advise to share, don't even have the strength to say to "hang in there". Lets just count the days.....

Last week I literally felt awful, friends kept asking have you received an approval yet....and everyday I was like "nope, now can we stop talking about it". My parents try to sympathise but they have no idea what it's like to be separated for an extended period of time, unable to work, and surviving on savings.

That's honestly why I'm so thankful for Visajourney, because we all know what it's like :-) And I know that once I'm done with this I am confident that my and many other "Visajourneyers" relationships will be stronger than most others.

I also think it's quite romantic! haha, my grandchildren will be able to say Nanny and Grandpa were in love for so long but lived so far away, and their relationship survived that whole time! How often does that happen nowadays with a 50% divorce rate??!

Try not to focus on what's happening now, focus on the future, this is just a small blip in the big picture, you have a whole life ahead of you of travel, buying a home, possibly children, getting married and sitting on the beach with your wife/husband when you're old and grey eating a bag of fries (chips in my language!)! Bliss! :-)

(By averting my mind to USCIS i've been doing some drawings of my fiancé and I's dream house we hope to buy once I get over there, as well as scrap booking ideas - works like a charm and keeps me occupied for hours!)

Edited by LaurenandCarl

12.31.2013 - Got engaged!

01.27.2014 - I-129f sent

01.31.2014 - I-129f received

02.04.2014 - NOA1

04.09.2014 - Alien Reg changed

07.10.2014 - Contacted Senator

07.18.2014 - Case with an officer, security checks begin!

08.08.2014 - Update on case, processing hold w/security checks :-(

09.09.2014 - Update on case, SECURITY CHECKS COMPLETE!! case routed to an officer again.

09.12.2014 - NOA2 (221 DAYS FROM NOA1- Shocking USCIS!)

09.17.2014 - Case sent to NVC

09.25.2014 - Case arrived at NVC

09.26.2014 - Case forwarded to London embassy

10.06.2014 - Case arrived at London embassy, status "Ready"

10.06.2014 - Applicant readiness form submitted and DS-160

10.08.2014 - Medical appointment

11.12.2014 - Interview - APPROVED!

11.18.2014 - Visa Issued

11.20.2014 - DX courier emailed for delivery on 11.21.2014

11.29.2014 - POE

12.27.2014 - Civil Ceremony

05.24.2015 - The big fancy wedding with a church blessing!!

Timeline

Well said!

Last week I literally felt awful, friends kept asking have you received an approval yet....and everyday I was like "nope, now can we stop talking about it". My parents try to sympathise but they have no idea what it's like to be separated for an extended period of time, unable to work, and surviving on savings.

That's honestly why I'm so thankful for Visajourney, because we all know what it's like :-) And I know that once I'm done with this I am confident that my and many other "Visajourneyers" relationships will be stronger than most others.

I also think it's quite romantic! haha, my grandchildren will be able to say Nanny and Grandpa were in love for so long but lived so far away, and their relationship survived that whole time! How often does that happen nowadays with a 50% divorce rate??!

Try not to focus on what's happening now, focus on the future, this is just a small blip in the big picture, you have a whole life ahead of you of travel, buying a home, possibly children, getting married and sitting on the beach with your wife/husband when you're old and grey eating a bag of fries (chips in my language!)! Bliss! :-)

(By averting my mind to USCIS i've been doing some drawings of my fiancé and I's dream house we hope to buy once I get over there, as well as scrap booking ideas - works like a charm and keeps me occupied for hours!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the kind words. Problem is I dig my own grave when it comes to this matter. I don't think about the future much to relieve me. ITs not that I am not a forward thinker, I do dream, and then right away start working towards and then focus all my energy into it. Here the fact that I have to wait and I cant do anything about it kills me. I am really trying to get some happiness thinking about us being together and it isn't helping. But this is my own problem and I am trying my best to deal with it on a daily basis. Staying distracted and putting my mind on other things helps, but I haven't found anything that can distract me enough.... so my problem, my worries, thanks for your support though, it always counts.

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the kind words. Problem is I dig my own grave when it comes to this matter. I don't think about the future much to relieve me. ITs not that I am not a forward thinker, I do dream, and then right away start working towards and then focus all my energy into it. Here the fact that I have to wait and I cant do anything about it kills me. I am really trying to get some happiness thinking about us being together and it isn't helping. But this is my own problem and I am trying my best to deal with it on a daily basis. Staying distracted and putting my mind on other things helps, but I haven't found anything that can distract me enough.... so my problem, my worries, thanks for your support though, it always counts.

I know :-) I really do understand. I'm starting to dislike the phrase "Hang in there" haha, it implies i'm hanging on the edge of a cliff while USCIS stamps on each finger until I fall! I'm not gonna hang in there, i'm gonna climb back up and dual with USCIS until I win my approval! While there's not much sword fighting hahaha, i'll show them my relationship is stronger than their systems and procedures!!

Let us know as soon as you hear something! For you and a few others still waiting all this time I'm really excited to see your approvals!! And my own approval eventually haha!

Edited by LaurenandCarl

12.31.2013 - Got engaged!

01.27.2014 - I-129f sent

01.31.2014 - I-129f received

02.04.2014 - NOA1

04.09.2014 - Alien Reg changed

07.10.2014 - Contacted Senator

07.18.2014 - Case with an officer, security checks begin!

08.08.2014 - Update on case, processing hold w/security checks :-(

09.09.2014 - Update on case, SECURITY CHECKS COMPLETE!! case routed to an officer again.

09.12.2014 - NOA2 (221 DAYS FROM NOA1- Shocking USCIS!)

09.17.2014 - Case sent to NVC

09.25.2014 - Case arrived at NVC

09.26.2014 - Case forwarded to London embassy

10.06.2014 - Case arrived at London embassy, status "Ready"

10.06.2014 - Applicant readiness form submitted and DS-160

10.08.2014 - Medical appointment

11.12.2014 - Interview - APPROVED!

11.18.2014 - Visa Issued

11.20.2014 - DX courier emailed for delivery on 11.21.2014

11.29.2014 - POE

12.27.2014 - Civil Ceremony

05.24.2015 - The big fancy wedding with a church blessing!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I wish there was at least some way that the people who have been waiting so long could just get an update to know their case hasn't been lost or isn't being ignored. I think the worst part is being left in the dark and being so unsure of when you will finally be able to be together and also feeling so completely helpless in the matter. Just knowing progress is being made, I feel, would make it ever so slightly easier to stomach. And then seeing everyone else getting approved with NOA1 dates after yours only makes it all the worse. I was waiting 173 days for my NOA2, and when I finally got it last night I actually felt guilty because I know of all the other people who have been waiting so much longer than me. I know it's so unfair and I wish there was something we could do to help, especially for those people who have exhausted all means and resources available to try to push their cases along or receive updates.

Honestly, this process has almost made me feel like researching the process required to become a USCIS case officer. I know it's probably one of the most stressful jobs in the world, but I would feel good knowing that I am helping all the other deserving people along in their journeys to finally being happy and together after being apart for so long. It's sooooo hard to say positive things to people who have been waiting for so long, especially coming from those who haven't had to wait the same amount of time. It almost seems condescending and I can't imagine being in your shoes, but I have to some extent. Keeping your mind in a positive place will only make the process easier. It's so hard to deal with those things you can't control, but being negative will only lead to more suffering and stress than you should have to deal with.

While I was waiting, I focused all of that built up negative energy on positive things to keep me distracted. I took up yoga classes twice a week (which REALLY helped with stress/anxiety), started volunteering at my local aquarium and began completing coursework for college classes that won't begin for another month. Though I still found myself distacted and anxious about the approval process, it at least alleviated the stress and tension while I was focusing on those activities. That's pretty much the best advice I have to offer. I have my fingers crossed for all of the December and January filers who haven't heard anything yet and am sending positive vibes your way for you to hear something ASAP.

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Timeline

I think that's an awesome idea. From the beginning I had the same thought. There NEEDS to be immigration reform. Legal immigration reform!

We know from our research that they scan cases when case officers receive them. They're tracking them in their system. It's 2014--how hard is it to send an electronic "touch" on our applications? Patch us in, people! It just seems like a clear and obvious solution. It would help keep people informed and patient. Another mistake is telling everyone it'll take 5 months. That makes all of us start to squirm the day after that 5 months has passed. The discrepancy between the centers processing times is also a friggin nightmare. That makes it way worse when someone gets approved in 2 months because they happen to live on the west coast.

I also felt guilty when I got my notification. I think it's impossible for them to really process them in the order they come. Some officers work faster, take vacation, don't care, etc. If we just had more accurate estimates for approvals, to would be easier to accept our fates.

I wish there was at least some way that the people who have been waiting so long could just get an update to know their case hasn't been lost or isn't being ignored. I think the worst part is being left in the dark and being so unsure of when you will finally be able to be together and also feeling so completely helpless in the matter. Just knowing progress is being made, I feel, would make it ever so slightly easier to stomach. And then seeing everyone else getting approved with NOA1 dates after yours only makes it all the worse. I was waiting 173 days for my NOA2, and when I finally got it last night I actually felt guilty because I know of all the other people who have been waiting so much longer than me. I know it's so unfair and I wish there was something we could do to help, especially for those people who have exhausted all means and resources available to try to push their cases along or receive updates.

Honestly, this process has almost made me feel like researching the process required to become a USCIS case officer. I know it's probably one of the most stressful jobs in the world, but I would feel good knowing that I am helping all the other deserving people along in their journeys to finally being happy and together after being apart for so long. It's sooooo hard to say positive things to people who have been waiting for so long, especially coming from those who haven't had to wait the same amount of time. It almost seems condescending and I can't imagine being in your shoes, but I have to some extent. Keeping your mind in a positive place will only make the process easier. It's so hard to deal with those things you can't control, but being negative will only lead to more suffering and stress than you should have to deal with.

While I was waiting, I focused all of that built up negative energy on positive things to keep me distracted. I took up yoga classes twice a week (which REALLY helped with stress/anxiety), started volunteering at my local aquarium and began completing coursework for college classes that won't begin for another month. Though I still found myself distacted and anxious about the approval process, it at least alleviated the stress and tension while I was focusing on those activities. That's pretty much the best advice I have to offer. I have my fingers crossed for all of the December and January filers who haven't heard anything yet and am sending positive vibes your way for you to hear something ASAP.

It will for sure! Just it is more and more difficult... before - we all had been waiting and I hoped for tomorrow! Now it feels as being left behind... As service centers reps are useless; Tier 2 - was useless, in my experience! NJ Senators - will see... giving them the second try!

Have you tried Robert Menendez? We filled out the form on his website and got a call an hour later, his office is very friendly :) We were approved 5 working days after their inquiry.

Edited by AlissaCarly

Our journey so far:

27 Mar '09: Met at work in Holland and started dating.

30 Nov '13: Got engaged in Scotland!

10 Jan '14: Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox.

22 Jan '14: NOA1 received.

29 Jun '14: Congressman Lobiondo inquired at TSC about our case.

16 Jul '14: Senator Menendez inquired at TSC about our case.

21 Jul '14: NOA2 approved!! (180 days)

23 Jul '14: Case sent to NVC.

01 Aug '14: Received NVC case number.

07 Aug '14: Case sent to Dutch consulate.

13 Aug '14: Packet 3 received, completed the DS-160 form.

15 Aug '14: Sent Packet 3 back to the consulate.

21 Aug '14: Packet 4 received with interview date.

02 Sep '14: Medical examination.

16 Sep '14: Interview --> APPROVED!!

20 Sep '14: Passport with visa returned.

12 Oct '14: POE, entered the USA!

14 Nov '14: Married! <3

24 Dec '14: Filed AOS/EAD.

31 Dec '14: AOS/EAD NOA1's received.

29 Jan '15: AOS RFE received for 2014 tax return.

23 Feb '15: AOS RFE response sent.

13 Mar '15: EAD RFE received for legal married name affidavit.

17 Mar '15: EAD RFE response sent.

29 Apr '15: Filed InfoPass to find out why I still didn't get biometrics appt.

06 May '15: Biometrics appointment.

14 May '15: Received EAD (finally!)

22 July '15: Interview waived.

08 Sep '15: Got my Green Card!

nZV0p1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah, I actually just got two letters in the mail from one of my senators and from my congressman. Both of them inquired as to the status of my petition on August 11th and I received approval August 12th. I've heard many people say that they don't believe contacting their representatives helped at all, and I suppose this situation could just be a coincidence, but I'm thinking that is unlikely. So if anyone hasn't contacted their representatives, I'd highly recommend it. It can't do any harm, anyway.

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Have you tried Robert Menendez? We filled out the form on his website and got a call an hour later, his office is very friendly :) We were approved 5 working days after their inquiryYep

Yee, I've tried him. Still waiting for response.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I got my case's new number from NVC. So I can follow it on my location embassy's website. I hope will receive NOA3 soon.

how much time did it take for you to get NVC case number?

K-1 visa, TSC:

NOA-1 - January 24, 2014

NOA-2 - July 25, 2014

Case shipped to NVC (Department of State actually) - July 31, 2014

Paper copy of NOA-2 received - August 2, 2014

NVC Case Creation Date - August 11, 2014 (as it says on CEAC website)

NVC Ready Status - August 18, 2014

Administrative Processing status - August 28, 2014

Medical - September 8, 2014

Interview - September 12, 2014 . Approved!!! :dancing:

Visa in hand - September 17, 2014

Flight to the USA - October 1, 2014

Wedding - December 6, 2014 (L)

Adjustment of Status:

Documents sent - April 12,2015

USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (email, text) - April 27,2015

Biometrics for AOS - May 20, 2015

RFE in the mail - May 23,2015

Biometrics for EAD (yep, sh*t happens) - June 23,2015

Notice of approval for EAD in mail - June 30,2015

EAD in mail - July 13, 2015

Avance Parole in mail - July 24,2015

Ready to schedule for interview - July 20, 2015

USCIS letter with interview date - August 22,2015

AOS interview date - September 24,2015

Approved! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Welcome letter in mail - September 29,2015

Green card in mail - October 2, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.