KARMK

January 2014 TSC Filers

2,195 posts in this topic

Hang in there everyone! Here's my contribution re: the recent conversation -

I got NOA2 right at 6 months and a few days. Hang in there. It's coming. File an e-request and use a date in the beginning of December 2013 as your "filing" date (which is really mailing date). It could have taken a month or so for USCIS to get there, right? (I mean I sent it certified from NYS and it still took them 2 weeks to receive it). I did file a congressional inquiry - at 6 months they responded saying I needed to wait 45 business days. Then, two days later I got NOA2 at like 9 pm EST.

I got NOA2 on July 25, just got notice from USCIS this past Tuesday (as in August 5 - 11 days after NOA2) that they sent my packet to NVC. If you signed up for text/e-mail alerts, they will let you know when they send your stuff to NVC. Give it time - from the looks of a lot of people's timelines on here sometimes it's a week after NOA2, sometimes it's a month - I think they just send big boxes of packets at a time and wait for the box to fill up before sending (seems most efficient, even if it's stupidly annoying for those of us filing).

Also- the advice to call NVC late is good advice- I called before I realized that I needed to wait for them to get my stuff and it took me 12 tries to get in (that was calling at 10pm EST) and then I waited on hold for 45 minutes. You do get to talk to an actual person at NVC once you get through and they are a lot nicer than the USCIS people - at least the guy I had was really polite and had a great phone voice :)

In the meantime! Start getting all your stuff ready for NOA2!! I'm sending my honey a big ol' envelope with the financial support forms, bank stuff, tax transcripts, letter from me indicating that yup I still want to marry him despite USCIS making me wait, etc. (Even though London doesn't ask for as much stuff as some other embassies - likely due to it being a low fraud area - sorry everyone else). Also those of you beneficiaries- get the forms and whatnot ready for your police certificates - check how long they're eligible for - you may be able to send them in now depending on how long it takes for your local authorities to process them!

In a few years we'll all look back on this and smile and only remember the support we received from other people in the same predicament. Not the fury and angst I feel towards USCIS (seriously, I want to throw water balloons at them and make them hurry their bums up!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I might lose that game then haha....3months, 2 weeks and 2 days since I last saw my fiancé! It seems like a lifetime, especially as we don't get to skype often, but in reality it's a short time to be apart :-) And glad you feel better now nitsirk7562!!

Thank you! Frustration comes and goes like waves...I think everyone here knows the feeling.

I just noticed they updated their date to December 31. Inching towards approval I suppose!

Thank you! Frustration comes and goes like waves...I think everyone here knows the feeling.

I just noticed they updated their date to December 31. Inching towards approval I suppose!

That December 31 date is old! Like June! Ignore the dates they have- or if you guys call - ask when that date was updated -

The whole December 17 date debacle that people kept getting bent out of shape about didn't need to be such a big up at arms thing- that date was as of May 30th (Yeah, I called and asked because I was pi$$ed!). Know that the Dec 31 date is likely REALLY old. They only send the website/call center people updates every 6-8 weeks.

Anyway. Lots of January folks are moving through. Keep hanging. I'm guessing your files are likely stuck on someone's desk who is out on vacation (it is August after all, vacation season).

I haven't seen my honey since April 21. His POE can't get here soon enough!! Transatlantic summertime flights are WAAAY too expensive to justify any more visits until he gets here.

As frustrated as I am, I agree I am going to root for Anmi also. I know at times we all have had conflicted feelings when someone ahead of us gets approved, we are happy for them and a tad bit more frustrated for ourselves. But I still cant root for myself relative to the folks who applied before me. So yes, go Anmi!

Of course, best outcome would be all of us the same day, I think then I would believe in the existence of unicorns also. :)

I hope we're all approved in this order!! ...or even better, all at once! Bets placed on Anmi though at 213 days!

I haven't been able to put in an e-request etc, but I'm guessing as the beneficiary that with my work history in the US and the fact I still have a bank account there is probably why I'm still twiddling my thumbs...and maybe for weeks to come.

hahaha thank you for betting on me!

The other game that is going on I am the last one....it's been almost a year, it's been 8 months..........

3 of my coworkers resigned and I got work overloaded and my fiance just started a new job and doesn't have vacation days yet...

This is double torture...waiting and missing... :crying::cry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I might lose that game then haha....3months, 2 weeks and 2 days since I last saw my fiancé! It seems like a lifetime, especially as we don't get to skype often, but in reality it's a short time to be apart :-) And glad you feel better now nitsirk7562!!

Haven't seen my fiancé in almost 2 months… I just have to keep reminding myself that this is the last time and that is worth a lifetime of happiness together. And it hopefully won't be 7 months apart like we had once while i was at university! Hoping we are all reunited soon and POE dates aren't too far in the future!

Timeline

Hang in there everyone! Here's my contribution re: the recent conversation -

I got NOA2 right at 6 months and a few days. Hang in there. It's coming. File an e-request and use a date in the beginning of December 2013 as your "filing" date (which is really mailing date). It could have taken a month or so for USCIS to get there, right? (I mean I sent it certified from NYS and it still took them 2 weeks to receive it). I did file a congressional inquiry - at 6 months they responded saying I needed to wait 45 business days. Then, two days later I got NOA2 at like 9 pm EST.

I got NOA2 on July 25, just got notice from USCIS this past Tuesday (as in August 5 - 11 days after NOA2) that they sent my packet to NVC. If you signed up for text/e-mail alerts, they will let you know when they send your stuff to NVC. Give it time - from the looks of a lot of people's timelines on here sometimes it's a week after NOA2, sometimes it's a month - I think they just send big boxes of packets at a time and wait for the box to fill up before sending (seems most efficient, even if it's stupidly annoying for those of us filing).

Also- the advice to call NVC late is good advice- I called before I realized that I needed to wait for them to get my stuff and it took me 12 tries to get in (that was calling at 10pm EST) and then I waited on hold for 45 minutes. You do get to talk to an actual person at NVC once you get through and they are a lot nicer than the USCIS people - at least the guy I had was really polite and had a great phone voice :)

In the meantime! Start getting all your stuff ready for NOA2!! I'm sending my honey a big ol' envelope with the financial support forms, bank stuff, tax transcripts, letter from me indicating that yup I still want to marry him despite USCIS making me wait, etc. (Even though London doesn't ask for as much stuff as some other embassies - likely due to it being a low fraud area - sorry everyone else). Also those of you beneficiaries- get the forms and whatnot ready for your police certificates - check how long they're eligible for - you may be able to send them in now depending on how long it takes for your local authorities to process them!

In a few years we'll all look back on this and smile and only remember the support we received from other people in the same predicament. Not the fury and angst I feel towards USCIS (seriously, I want to throw water balloons at them and make them hurry their bums up!)

Thanks for the info and encouragement!

Question: Last month when I visited, I left him with a bunch of stuff for NOA2. Do you think I should send him all new stuff when we hear? (pay statements, bank account activity, letter from employer) I'm worried it'll be too out of date but I have no idea what their requirements are and it costs me $70 to send papers to India.

Thanks for the info and encouragement!

Question: Last month when I visited, I left him with a bunch of stuff for NOA2. Do you think I should send him all new stuff when we hear? (pay statements, bank account activity, letter from employer) I'm worried it'll be too out of date but I have no idea what their requirements are and it costs me $70 to send papers to India.

Oooh good question... I would ask someone in the India forums. I'm not 100% sure. London's requirements aren't as stringent as some of the other embassies - my tax stuff and whatnot from last year is sufficient at least from what I've been told.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The other game that is going on I am the last one....it's been almost a year, it's been 8 months..........

3 of my coworkers resigned and I got work overloaded and my fiance just started a new job and doesn't have vacation days yet...

Rooting for you tonight when 9:30pm EST approvals come around! 8 months is really tough :-(

12.31.2013 - Got engaged!

01.27.2014 - I-129f sent

01.31.2014 - I-129f received

02.04.2014 - NOA1

04.09.2014 - Alien Reg changed

07.10.2014 - Contacted Senator

07.18.2014 - Case with an officer, security checks begin!

08.08.2014 - Update on case, processing hold w/security checks :-(

09.09.2014 - Update on case, SECURITY CHECKS COMPLETE!! case routed to an officer again.

09.12.2014 - NOA2 (221 DAYS FROM NOA1- Shocking USCIS!)

09.17.2014 - Case sent to NVC

09.25.2014 - Case arrived at NVC

09.26.2014 - Case forwarded to London embassy

10.06.2014 - Case arrived at London embassy, status "Ready"

10.06.2014 - Applicant readiness form submitted and DS-160

10.08.2014 - Medical appointment

11.12.2014 - Interview - APPROVED!

11.18.2014 - Visa Issued

11.20.2014 - DX courier emailed for delivery on 11.21.2014

11.29.2014 - POE

12.27.2014 - Civil Ceremony

05.24.2015 - The big fancy wedding with a church blessing!!

Timeline

Oooh good question... I would ask someone in the India forums. I'm not 100% sure. London's requirements aren't as stringent as some of the other embassies - my tax stuff and whatnot from last year is sufficient at least from what I've been told.

Good luck!

Yeah India is tough. I'll see if anyone knows but knowing me, I'll send everything again anyway because I am a spaz! Glad you're moving through the process though. I keep bugging Jeff Rodgers lol. At least he's really nice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anmi as torturous it seems, try looking at it as a blessing in disguise as the latter is worse. Now I only say this with you and your fiancé's work life. Better to have lots of work so the day goes by faster, also it will show two things during the interview 1. You have a job that pays well and you have job security till your fiancé comes here, steady paycheck means good financial status = help ur case in USCIS eyes. 2. Your fiancé having a job means the embassy sees that they are not coming for "move to America - land of opportunity", but only for love. Having work in the home country is a good sign that way. Its always harder during the interview if the beneficiary doesn't have work, or to say it could be harder.

Your chances of hearing a NOA is higher than ours as of today, so think about that and stay strong. Been a year, or been a month, it all still hurts. Routine for both is all that will help staying sane. My fiancé is extremely career driven and isn't working as we kept thinking any day we would get the NOA 2 and now its been seven months. Staying in limbo without knowing is much worse.

I hope my words give you some encouragement.

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I hope we're all approved in this order!! ...or even better, all at once! Bets placed on Anmi though at 213 days!

I haven't been able to put in an e-request etc, but I'm guessing as the beneficiary that with my work history in the US and the fact I still have a bank account there is probably why I'm still twiddling my thumbs...and maybe for weeks to come.

I dont think that is rhe reason because ive been there three time as a J1 and my bank account is still open.. hopefully it wont take too long at nvc because of this

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I dont think that is rhe reason because ive been there three time as a J1 and my bank account is still open.. hopefully it wont take too long at nvc because of this

That is such a relief to hear! Huge reassurance, I've been worried about that for weeks....it sounds like it's random then! Thank you :-)

12.31.2013 - Got engaged!

01.27.2014 - I-129f sent

01.31.2014 - I-129f received

02.04.2014 - NOA1

04.09.2014 - Alien Reg changed

07.10.2014 - Contacted Senator

07.18.2014 - Case with an officer, security checks begin!

08.08.2014 - Update on case, processing hold w/security checks :-(

09.09.2014 - Update on case, SECURITY CHECKS COMPLETE!! case routed to an officer again.

09.12.2014 - NOA2 (221 DAYS FROM NOA1- Shocking USCIS!)

09.17.2014 - Case sent to NVC

09.25.2014 - Case arrived at NVC

09.26.2014 - Case forwarded to London embassy

10.06.2014 - Case arrived at London embassy, status "Ready"

10.06.2014 - Applicant readiness form submitted and DS-160

10.08.2014 - Medical appointment

11.12.2014 - Interview - APPROVED!

11.18.2014 - Visa Issued

11.20.2014 - DX courier emailed for delivery on 11.21.2014

11.29.2014 - POE

12.27.2014 - Civil Ceremony

05.24.2015 - The big fancy wedding with a church blessing!!

Anmi as torturous it seems, try looking at it as a blessing in disguise as the latter is worse. Now I only say this with you and your fiancé's work life. Better to have lots of work so the day goes by faster, also it will show two things during the interview 1. You have a job that pays well and you have job security till your fiancé comes here, steady paycheck means good financial status = help ur case in USCIS eyes. 2. Your fiancé having a job means the embassy sees that they are not coming for "move to America - land of opportunity", but only for love. Having work in the home country is a good sign that way. Its always harder during the interview if the beneficiary doesn't have work, or to say it could be harder.

Your chances of hearing a NOA is higher than ours as of today, so think about that and stay strong. Been a year, or been a month, it all still hurts. Routine for both is all that will help staying sane. My fiancé is extremely career driven and isn't working as we kept thinking any day we would get the NOA 2 and now its been seven months. Staying in limbo without knowing is much worse.

I hope my words give you some encouragement.

Thank you for your kind words! btw, I am the beneficiary~ hehe

We are okay! sometimes I do get really depressed and cry non stop! but then my fiance cheers me up (he is the positive one in this process)...

he always tells me we will be together..and this waiting is nothing compared to the time we will spend together~ We are meant to be together..and we will be, there's nothing and no one that can stop us from being together!

During this process I got sick and had stomach problems...but being overly concern won't make things faster

I miss my fiance so much, and it hurts of course...but I realized he is right, we will be together eventually..it's all gonna be all right!

If K-1 doesn't work we get married and try the IR-1 / CR-1 visa..(I really hope not)...but yea...that's how I keep myself sane...dont think it is the end of the world

In the future, when we look back this all gonna be memories and experience!

Hope everyone gets approved soon!

Edited by anmi

Timeline

Thank you for your kind words! btw, I am the beneficiary~ hehe

We are okay! sometimes I do get really depressed and cry non stop! but then my fiance cheers me up (he is the positive one in this process)...

he always tells me we will be together..and this waiting is nothing compared to the time we will spend together~ We are meant to be together..and we will be, there's nothing and no one gonna stop that!

During this process I got sick and had stomach problems...but being overly concern won't make things faster

I miss my fiance so much, and it hurts of course...but I realized he is right, we will be together eventually..it's all gonna be all right! If K-1 doesn't work we get married and try the IR-1 / CR-1 visa..

It might sound crazy, but...that's what I do to not drive myself crazy!

In the future, when we look back this all gonna be memories and experience!

Hope everyone gets approved soon!

You sound like me! I've had colitis since about 2-3 month after we filed. My anxiety disorder shows physical symptoms, so, I feel your pain- literally! Hang in there. This will feel like nothing this time next year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Just a quick rant............189 days today and nothing...................

I know I'm not the only one..................

If there are any encouraging words or things I could have missed please let me know.

Best

Richard

213 days! I win~! jkjk...you gotta laugh..otherwise you go crazy! Don't lose your hopes! our time will come!

you can add me in - my NOA1 date same as yours

202 long days for me!! hoping we all get approvals soon!

I totally understand all ur feelings and frustration! Don't give up! I guess we will be approved in this week or next, at least within this month!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.