jimnjoan

urgent please help my fiance got strange texts from the usem

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It most likely is a scammer, but that does not mean the cell numbers of applicants is not leaking out of the embassy.

Lots of ways to "grab" cell numbers.

But for sure that was NOT from USEM.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just call the number from a different phone after 5pm and see who answers. Ask why they are bothering you and tell them you will report the number to the NBI. I would guess it is some guy who knows her and is from Manila, most likely jealous.

Edited by Jeff @ Missy

Lots of ways to "grab" cell numbers.

But for sure that was NOT from USEM.

But to get the cell number of someone with an upcoming interview at the USA embassy? What percentage of population does that have to be? Send out a few hundred thousand texts to get a hit? Could be someone who knows her, and knows she has an interview coming up.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

But to get the cell number of someone with an upcoming interview at the USA embassy? What percentage of population does that have to be? Send out a few hundred thousand texts to get a hit? Could be someone who knows her, and knows she has an interview coming up.

I agree, very likely someone that knows her.

but I seriously doubt the cell number was grabbed from the embassy.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Most likely the latter. Must be somebody who wants to get a laugh if she falls for this.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

I had texts once from some unknown that was trying to make my wife, then was GF jealous. The texts started getting threatening and I called, no more messages. Definitely somebody that knows her, maybe even a family member. Someday the Philippines will require registration of sim cards like in the USA and this will come to an end. At 40p a sim and with most people having 2 or more sims and they replace them frequently.

they said this is from the consular section immagrant visa unit american embassy manila

This is your clue here that this is not from the US embassy in Manila.

USEM does not refer to themselves as the "American" embassy.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Probably one of girls that jealous to her and asked someone else to play game to make her scared. It does happen many times. I remember one post here far way back- she's from the Philippines- that some girl ripped out the visa from her passport. Who did it unless someone that pretty close to her.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

she has only told her family and only a few of her closest of friends. she had never even been to manila until she met me at the airport so she doesnt know anyone from that area. I would assume that either someone is very jealous of her and trying to play games or somehow somebody who works at usem got ahold of her file and is doing very wrong. which would be very troubling due to all of the personal information that they have about me and her.

Timeline

I highly doubt it came from anyone at USEM, the one phrase pointed out earlier is a pretty clear indicator of it being all BS - American Embassy Manila.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Please understand that there are local PI workers at the IV Unit, not USA Citizens.

Is quite possible that one of these local PI workers is playing with yer fiance,

so I suggest you report this to the IV Unit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

she has only told her family and only a few of her closest of friends. she had never even been to manila until she met me at the airport so she doesnt know anyone from that area. I would assume that either someone is very jealous of her and trying to play games or somehow somebody who works at usem got ahold of her file and is doing very wrong. which would be very troubling due to all of the personal information that they have about me and her.

The chances of it coming from USEM is close to zero. Remember it came from American Embassy Manila, a term which is non-existent in USEM's vocabulary. You can report it to USEM, but the best they could do is to publish an announcement that they don't send out texts to contact K1 visa applicants.

Also, unlike in US, there is no system that can regulate or tell the city/ area where a text came from. So far, those texts can come from any of the 7000+ islands. Relax! Nobody needs to see your file just to get your fiancee's number, correct?

Has anybody tried calling the number yet, btw?

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

she said she will call them soon using a different phone to find out who it is thats calling them. It would have to be someone that knows what a ds-160 is so they would have had to go thru the process of getting a visa before or know how it works. I just pray and hope that whatever happens it wont effect her getting her visa. hoping its some jealous friend or something just trying to hurt her.

It's probably on one of her Facebook accounts. My wife has a few and has friends that she does not know, and the more friends they get the happier they feel. Do a search on her email account to see if you can find her on FB, never know, just a suggestion. It is hard to believe a Filipina could resist the urge to make her friends jealous, it is what they do and gossip is their lifeblood. Ever hear of the bamboo telegraph?

Keep us informed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.