Jonuk2

In Uk Waiting For Visa Interview Date, Found Out My Wife In The Us Is Pregnant!!!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey there,

I am a UK citizen living currently in London, England who is married to an American Citizen living within the US.

We have already filed the I-130 spousal Visa application and I have recently received about a month ago a letter explained that the application had been processed and that I just had to wait for an interview date for the US embassy here in London.

Found this weekend that my wife's about 6 weeks pregnant.

Is the anytime we can do to speed up the interview schedule, with the addition of this news?

At this stage, Can I enter the US on a K-3 Visa?

As you can imagine I am extremely anxious to be with my wife during this time and would grately appreciate any information that may help us.

Please Help!!!!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hi

I am afraid that all you can do at this stage is wait for the interview date, you may be able to e-mail the Embassy and explain that you have just found out your wife is pregnant, it may speed your interview date but do not bank on it. Good luck.

Janice

I agree with you on this. I had a surgery scheduled and I asked NVC about speeding my paperwork up and was told to fax the information (i.e. surgery, reason husband needed to be here early rather then later and a letter from the doctor stating exactly the problem) over to the NVC supervisor and they provided me with a name. They did stipulate that once the fax is received it will take approximately 2 weeks to get back to me with a decision and then I would also have to notify the consulate of the situation and then they would have to approve it from there end as well. At the end of this conversation they said it is no guarantee it will be approved. Luckily for me, my situation cleared up on it's own and if I have to have surgery I might be able to hold out until the summer and I am hoping my hubby will be here by then.

You might be better off waiting, and since your wife is at the beginning of her pregnancy it's not as though she is ready to have the baby anyday unless she is in a situation where she has to be on complete bed rest which some women do .

Good luck! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.