OuVisaJourney2012

Tough K-1 Fiance Visa interview with the Consular Officer at the US embassy Yaounde, Cameroon

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

We discovered this site after our interview so this is why the late experience.. Thanks for good comments and thanks for the ones that wished us Good Luck. This experience will warn others of this CO and I really wished we knew about this site early during our journey!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

eh - you can tell it's harsh (from me) when I start cursing.

I've not done that in yer topic.

As to the harshness of my words, your perception of them -

uhm, it is what it is, I sugarcoat nothing. I won't have something 'good to say' about the pile of poo that the beneficiary is in now. If'n you are the USCitizen petitioner, study more. Here at this website. Yer in for some pain at that IV Unit - the level of pain is questionable, but still yer in for some pain.

Here's something good that I can say to you - I hope you two get lucky and have less pain than others that were there before you. Note I am not responsible for that pile of poo - it already existed prior to the beneficiary's interview.

----

usually, a uscitizen finds this website and preps most. since you did your prep work prior to finding this web site, I would question your knowledge acquisition process.

But that's just me.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Timeline

My prep work was done and approved and we got advice from family and friends whom filed..we did research everything we needed......Did I find this site b4 his interview no I didn't.....Did we know that 11yrs age difference was gonna play apart know we didn't.....US dont have all the scamming going on like other countries....which is why its making it hard for people that are serious. All we can do now is learn from our mistakes and keep it moving.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I also don't think the CO was that tough with the questions, I had the opportunity to listen to my husband's interview and it was not really any different, except the question about ages and cell phone service. My husband is Danish and had his interview in Sweden, you really can't get any less potential for immigration fraud (the standard of living there is perhaps better than the USA).

There is something that raised a red flag, maybe an inconsistency, maybe something else, but you've managed to create a problem. Perhaps another flag is that you've had family and friends file before you? I have a British family member who went through additional scrutiny on account of this.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

11yr age difference

There should not be any problem with that age difference. My 1 friend married a Filipino girl that was 21 and he was 56 on a K1 visa. Sounds like you just got some guy who was having a bad day. Not sure why he came down on you so hard. He was looking for something. Don't give up and give the extra documents, God Bless.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed and admin action taken.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There should not be any problem with that age difference. My 1 friend married a Filipino girl that was 21 and he was 56 on a K1 visa. Sounds like you just got some guy who was having a bad day. Not sure why he came down on you so hard. He was looking for something. Don't give up and give the extra documents, God Bless.

You can not even compare a older man with younger women especially from the Philippines where it is very normal to see a 40 to 50 year gap (man being older).

OP even though 11 years isn't. And red flags only wave when there is poor evidence. Seems like i said the CO was quite bothered by the long talks and beneficiaries lack of job.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.