Mirlan

PLEASE HELP FOR SS NUMBER

13 posts in this topic

hello ..

iam in America now 8 days Ago with a K-1 visa and i dont know yet what i have to apply for to get married in 90 days ...

if someone can help and Give me some instructions will be thanksfull...as i read i need a Social security number and i dont know how to apply for one i have my passeport and my form I-94 juste ...

Thanks for evreyone can help

Date I-129F Sent : 2006-09-28

Date I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-27

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 2006-12-12

Date K1 Visa Received :2006-12-18

Date of US Entry : 2006-12-23

Date of Wedding : 2007-01-21

Comments : For Casa, packet 3 and 4 come together, with an interview date already scheduled.

AOS Filing date : 2007-02-02

NOA date for I-485 : 2007-02-07

I-485 RFE Dates : 2007-02-16

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 2007-02-28

AOS Comments: Strange - we received RFE, then a few days later got email that the response had been received and the case was resumed even though we haven't sent anything yet.

I-485 Sent to CSC 2007-03-12

RFE for Medical Examination mailed 05-31-2007

medical examination sent 06-27-2007

Case resumed on 07-13-2007

email "card production ordered" 07-18-2007

email “notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident” 07-19-2007

email “approval notice sent” and welcome letter received 07-23-2007

Green card received 07-26-2007

EAD Filed Date: 2007-02-02

EAD NOA Date : 2007-02-07

EAD Biometrics Appointment Date : 2007-02-28

EAD received 04-16-07

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your fiancee should be finding that information. What you need to get married varies from state to state.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think all my husband needed to show was his passport with the K1 visa and the I-94. We brought his birth certificate too, but If I remember correctly, they never asked to see it.

You can find your local Social Security office by typing your zip code on this page:

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps6z/FOLO/fo001.jsp

Claudeth waited about two weeks before she applied for her social security number and got the card about a week later.

Here is the social security link: http://www.ssa.gov/

You should be able to find an office near you and tons of information.

Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just go to the social security office with all identification and passport. You fill out the form for social security and then you wait till your number is called and hand it all over.

As far as getting married, you have 90 days to get married under the K1. So go get married, what are you waiting for? Mabrook, congratulations ahead of time and welcome to the USA.

Andrea

Edited by ainfante

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

As far as getting married, go ahead and do it, or if you need the social security number, get down to social security and get it done with. YOu have 90 days from the time they gave u the visa to get married! Mabrook/congratulations ahead of time and welcome to the USA!

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey Noura

i think its better to wait ,u can apply for ur SSC 15 dyas after u enter to USA.u can go to the SSC office or print the Forms from the net.u ll need just ur passport .

apply after 15 dyas of ur enter ,its important ,or u ll wait long till they send it to u.

Good Luck

09-11-2005 met on line

03-02-2006 went to morocco

3-15-2006 I-129 filed

04-01-06 NOA 1 recieved

06-30-06 requesting more information

07-31-06 Approval recieved

08-07-06 letter from NVC sending to morocco

08-22-06 Hicham recieved packet 3

08-31-06 Medical appointment for Hicham

09-21-06 Interview at Casablanca

10-04-06 VISA RECIEVED

10-07-06 HICHAM ARRIVES IN USA

10-24-06 Went and applied for Social Security Number

10-30-06 Hicham recieved Social Security Number

11-24-06 Mail off AOS

12-05-06 Recieved NOA for AOS and Employment Authorization

12-11-06 Recieved appointment for Biometric

12-21-06 Biometric appointment

12-21-06 AOS transfered to California

01-25-07 recieved email--Green Card in production

01-30-07 Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think all my husband needed to show was his passport with the K1 visa and the I-94. We brought his birth certificate too, but If I remember correctly, they never asked to see it.

You can find your local Social Security office by typing your zip code on this page:

https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps6z/FOLO/fo001.jsp

What is needed to get married does vary by state. You need to use the link Jenn provided to locate the SS office in your area. They will have posted on their site exactly what is needed to get married if not, call them and they will tell you.

If a social security number is required to get married in your state, you can apply for one just for the purpose of marriage, the card however will say it is not valid for employment purposes.

And, you have 90 days from the date you entered the United States to get married. So, you do have time still.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
hello ..

iam in America now 8 days Ago with a K-1 visa and i dont know yet what i have to apply for to get married in 90 days ...

if someone can help and Give me some instructions will be thanksfull...as i read i need a Social security number and i dont know how to apply for one i have my passeport and my form I-94 juste ...

you dont have to be married in order to get your social security card but just wait two to three weeks after you arrived, before you head down to your local SS office or else they wont have you on file. My husband just took his passport/I94 and a copy (not the original) of his Birth Certificate (which was not in English) and a form that we had downloaded from SS website-which I filled out in English for him He said it was painles. Then got a letter saying his SS card would arrive in a week or two... and it did but the first time he tried to use it, they told him no such number existed...so he went back to get a letter showing that SS # was assigned to him...and all is fine...you'll also need that to get a drivers license which will expire the day your I-94 expires (THAT SUCKS) but its just another reason to hurry up and get married and file for AOS...so good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
hello ..

you dont have to be married in order to get your social security card but just wait two to three weeks after you arrived, before you head down to your local SS office or else they wont have you on file. My husband just took his passport/I94 and a copy (not the original) of his Birth Certificate (which was not in English) and a form that we had downloaded from SS website-which I filled out in English for him He said it was painles. Then got a letter saying his SS card would arrive in a week or two... and it did but the first time he tried to use it, they told him no such number existed...so he went back to get a letter showing that SS # was assigned to him...and all is fine...you'll also need that to get a drivers license which will expire the day your I-94 expires (THAT SUCKS) but its just another reason to hurry up and get married and file for AOS...so good luck

that varies probably by state - nessa's license didn't expire in kansas.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
hello ..

yeah you're right, it does vary by state...sorry.... But that's the way it is here in Arizona.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hello ..

yeah you're right, it does vary by state...sorry.... But that's the way it is here in Arizona.

I was told by the AZ DMV that you can extend your drivers license when your I-94 expires if you have proof that you applied for AOS

OUR K-1 VISA JOURNEY

K1 Application

12-01-2006 I-129F sent priority USPS to CSC ... the real journey begins! (Day 1)

12-06-2006 NOA1 (Day 4)

03-05-2007 NOA2 - YAY!! (Day 89))

05-04-2007 INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED! (Day 149)

05-10-2007 Visa received (Day 155)

05-17-2007 ARRIVED IN PHOENIX (Day 162)

05-25-2007 Applied SSN

06-04-2007 Received SSN in the mail

06-14-2007 Passed driving test and now have my license

07-12-2007 MARRIED

07-24-2007 Changed name with SSA

AOS

05-31-2007 Appointment with Civil Surgeon for I-693A

07-16-2007 AOS sent to Chicago (received 07-18) (Day 1)

07-27-2007 NOA1 date (received 8/1) (Day 9)

07-30-2007 Check cashed (Day 12)

08-14-2007 Biometrics (Day 28)

11-29-2007 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!! (Day 131) APPROVED

12-11-2007 Greencard Received

ROC

09-01-2009 I-751 sent to VSC (received 09-03) (Day 1)

09-04-2009 NOA Date (received 09-14) (Day 4)

09-08-2009 Check Cashed (Day 8)

10-05-2009 Biometrics @ Jackson MS (received 09-24) (Day 35)

01-08-2010 10 Year Greencard approved

01-19-2010 10 Year Greencard received

glitterfy011155737dkj7.gif glitterfy011545702wxh7.gif

hello ..

Most states have the ssn as a requirement for marriage, but when you call and explain that you do not have one, but proper documentation witht e passport and visa, then they allow you to be married without the ssn.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.