14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All

Jon and I are filling out the G-325A and we are stuck on something............ I was never married to my daughter Alarna's father, we parted ways before she was born, on her birth certificate his name is not mentioned as in England if the father is not with the partner when she registers the baby then his name cannot go onto the birth certificate (this is the law).

What we would like to know is do we have to put his name on the G-325A since his name is not on the birth certificate, if not then what do we put?

Thanks for your answers

Janice and Jon

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Ooooooo boy.

Hey Janice I've seen you around but hadn't said hi. Hope your New Year will be a good one.

I think you should probably name his as the father, or else ask this question of an immigration lawyer. In the US, even though a father might not be named, it's still assumed there's one out there and he has paternal rights. I think you are going to have to get permission from him anyway to bring her over. The member mags had to do that recently.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Ooooooo boy.

Hey Janice I've seen you around but hadn't said hi. Hope your New Year will be a good one.

I think you should probably name his as the father, or else ask this question of an immigration lawyer. In the US, even though a father might not be named, it's still assumed there's one out there and he has paternal rights. I think you are going to have to get permission from him anyway to bring her over. The member mags had to do that recently.

OUR K-3 INTERVIEW WAS ON NOV. 1ST @ 10:00!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!

WE ARRIVE IN THE USA ON NOV. 10TH!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Ooooooo boy.

In Georgia, if you are unmarried they will NOT let you put a name in the father's space until he can sign the birth certificate, there by verifying his paternaty to the child.  A mother can not just add the paternal partner even if he asks to be listed if he can not be there to sign the original form...they would then have to have the certificate edited later to have him added to the document.<BR>  <BR>If the bc has no one listed as the father I would not list one on the form either and write on the form maybe "unknown" or something to that effect.

OUR K-3 INTERVIEW WAS ON NOV. 1ST @ 10:00!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!

WE ARRIVE IN THE USA ON NOV. 10TH!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi rebeccajo

New year is ok but will be better when Jon and I sort out this mess.

Alarna is now 18 so does not need permission to come out of the country, and more to the point we do not know where he is anyhow.

janice

Ah, ok, she's of age. Different twist then.

I don't know the answer. Really. I wonder if you could put 'birth father's whereabouts unknown' and it would create a problem.

Sheesh....don't do that until you get some more answers here or speak to an immigration lawyer.

In Georgia, if you are unmarried they will NOT let you put a name in the father's space until he can sign the birth certificate, there by verifying his paternaty to the child.  A mother can not just add the paternal partner even if he asks to be listed if he can not be there to sign the original form...they would then have to have the certificate edited later to have him added to the document.<BR>  <BR>If the bc has no one listed as the father I would not list one on the form either and write on the form maybe "unknown" or something to that effect.

This is also the case in England, there is no way you can put the fathers name down if he is not there to witness it.

Hi,

The simple answer is NO. If the fathers name is not on the BC then don't put it down...put "unknown". This is the easiest way to solve the problem.

Jazzy

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Hi there,

Im not sure the name of the form we messed up on it may well be the same one you are talking about. It asked for the details of my paretns- birthplace, date of birth, etc. I never knew my dad, and never knew this information.

My husband looked at the instructions for filling out the form, and to our releif it said, IF KNOWN, put the information, and if you didnt know, just to put 'UNKNOWN'. So we did this.

6 weeks later we got a letter stating that they wanted that question answered in order to process the application. Sheesh. So We did a little digging and found out. My advice, try to find him and put it down. Even tho the instructions gave the imprssionthis info was optional, it wasnt.

2006-09-21 I-130 sent to US Embassy London

2006-09-22 NOA1 received file date

2006-11-22 NOA2 approved received

2006-11-30 Packet 3 received

2006-12-04 Packet 3 returned

2006-12-05 Medical Approved

2007-01-06 Packet 4 received

2007-02-26 Interview date - Success

2007-02-28 Visa in hand

Ok,Looking at the wording of the I-130 it looks as if we do not have to fill in a G-325A for my daughter, it says to fill in one for Wife/Husband but not for a Step-daughter?

Is this correct????

Hi,

YES..ths is correct...you do NOT fill up a G325a for children, no matter what age they are...only husband and wife fill out the G325a. We just went through all this recently.

Jazzy

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-31-06 (touched)

7-13-06 (touched)

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

NVC

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

Hi Jazzy

Thank you for the information you have supplied so far, I think Jon and I were getting a wee bit confused with the process and you have cleared up what we needed to know.

One last thing before we send the I-130's off ......What should the cover letter say? Is it just a contents thing or do we need to put more???

Thanks

Janice

Hi Jazzy

Thank you for the information you have supplied so far, I think Jon and I were getting a wee bit confused with the process and you have cleared up what we needed to know.

One last thing before we send the I-130's off ......What should the cover letter say? Is it just a contents thing or do we need to put more???

Thanks

Janice

Janice...this is what we sent in and it worked just fine as the cover letter...just fill in your own info...hope it helps..:)....Jazzy

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (spouse)[/b]

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

(DATE)

U.S.C.I.S.

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

RE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Petitioner

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alien Relative (spouse)

Dear VSC Employee:

My name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I am a U.S. citizen. I am petitioning for my wife, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, a citizen of the Philippines.

In support of this Petition for Alien Relative, I enclose:

· Filing fee, my personal check #XXX in the amount of $190.00

· Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (spouse)

· Passport style photographs: 1 of myself and 1 of my alien spouse

· 2 Forms G-325A Biographic information

· Marriage Certificate

· Copy of my birth certificate and U.S. passport, as proof of U.S. citizenship. Copy of spouses Philippine birth certificate.

· Copies of my divorce decrees. Copy of spouses annulment. As proof of termination of previous marriages.

· Photographs

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered original and I

understand that we may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or

Consular official at a later date.

Please process this petition without delay. Thank you for your attention to

this matter.

Very truly yours,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Enclosures

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-31-06 (touched)

7-13-06 (touched)

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

NVC

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I left blank all the data about my father except his name/last name and DOB, because simply I was not interested in finding out and I didn't know. Everything went fine.

In my AOS interview, the officer asked me about my father not being in the pics, I just replied we don't have a relation.

That was all. I don't think is a big deal.

Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.